shape
carat
color
clarity

This LOGR for my mint garnet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I had seen a setting similar to this LOGR at a NY store, and tried it with my mint garnet. The ring is originally built for a round stone, but looked nice with my oval garnet. Now seeing a similar setting at LOGR, I wonder if this setting will work, once customized to fit the garnet? Will the pointy sides be too unprotected?

Here is a picture of the mint garnet, 2.3ct, 9.32x6.94mm

Tell me what do you think, honestly? Thanks!

Garnet_Grossular Mint1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it may just depend on how you set it (north/south or east/west)

My only reservation is that if set east/west it may hide the diamonds on the sides if the stone is large. Other than that I think its a really nice setting that would work well.

-A

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful setting... Do you think you would want to customize and ask to see if he can do a head more appropriate to fit an oval? Its gorgeous!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can LOGR modify the setting to protect the pointy end since it has to be modified anyway to fit the oval? With the stone having to be set up so high in that particular setting and the stone is a garnet with a pointy end, I''d be worried about the added risk of damage.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
That is a really gorgeous setting! I think it would look amazing as long as the garnet is safe in the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results