shape
carat
color
clarity

This is the diamond I purchased experts thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gixxerlance

Rough_Rock
Price: $4,028.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.10
Color: J
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 60.9
Table: 57
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown %: 14.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.2
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 6.66-6.68X4.06

i spoke to the rep at WF and they stated there are visible inclusions at 8 MM and 25MM...but this seems to be one of the better diamonds i could find with my budget.

To be set in this ring.

http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/gold_details.aspx?itemcode=DN-1265

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks like a winner!
36.gif

enjoy your diamond and post pics when you can!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
John@wf is going to kill me for this but make sure whoever your buying it for isn''t superstitious.
Id never buy nor wear it -- 6.66 is bad karma

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Uh oh. Are 1.3 ct diamonds unlucky?
Since facets are mirrors does a chip mean 7yrs bad luck?
6.gif

1.gif
Being serious - this could be relevant if the recipient will be sensitive to it (thanks Strm). The ACA he linked is slightly smaller but could be more eye-clean, though every SI diamond is different. If it is any concern call us, maybe all the 7s in our phone number make us lucky
2.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with storm. Some people might not care but I would about those measurements. I am very superstitious about that stuff!

Gixxerlance

Rough_Rock
I just got off the phone with Lesley at WF...I went ahead and went with the H&A diamond instead. Thank you everyone for your advice and help.

Lance

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I may not have been invited to this party, but I''ll stir up the punch. Are we doing this guy any favors?

I am a card carrying member of the evangelical right, so I know what 666 means, but let''s put this in perspective. It is the (one) the minimum measurement of the diameter. The aveage mesurement is 6.67. If a licence plate says " 1ABC666" I see the point, but is this really relevent?

The GIA stone is bigger, and the faint fluor will complement the J color nicely.

The AGS stone (which has alot going for it too) has a black inclusion near the center of the table. Since I can not see the GIA, I do not know how it compares.

The man did his homework, and came up with an appropriate stone. This seems like a silly point to get him off track.

Sincerely,
David

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 12:36:25 PM
Author: Houseparty
Hi,

I may not have been invited to this party, but I''ll stir up the punch. Are we doing this guy any favors?

I am a card carrying member of the evangelical right, so I know what 666 means, but let''s put this in perspective. It is the (one) the minimum measurement of the diameter. The aveage mesurement is 6.67. If a licence plate says '' 1ABC666'' I see the point, but is this really relevent?

The GIA stone is bigger, and the faint fluor will complement the J color nicely.

The AGS stone (which has alot going for it too) has a black inclusion near the center of the table. Since I can not see the GIA, I do not know how it compares.

The man did his homework, and came up with an appropriate stone. This seems like a silly point to get him off track.

Sincerely,

David

Houseparty, it''s nice to agree with a member of the evangelical right, for once.
9.gif

Thanks for your comment.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 12:36:25 PM
Author: Houseparty
Hi,
I may not have been invited to this party, but I'll stir up the punch. Are we doing this guy any favors?

I am a card carrying member of the evangelical right, so I know what 666 means, but let's put this in perspective. It is the (one) the minimum measurement of the diameter. The aveage mesurement is 6.67. If a licence plate says ' 1ABC666' I see the point, but is this really relevent?

Sincerely,
David

A hearty amen. Couldn't agree more.

Why anyone would point this out at all is beyond me, but ESPECIALLY when the post says "the stone I PURCHASED". Why pick on a diamond someone has already bought?
33.gif
33.gif

Very uncool to scare the guy enough that he had to get on the phone and switch stones over it.
38.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My only gripe as a woman would be losing the 9 points in my stone. hehhehehehe
2.gif
Eternal size lover.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results