shape
carat
color
clarity

This is my good friend Willow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Willow is the one eating the treats.

w158.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww...Is she yours MB? She looks like a cutie!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I keep getting distracted by the YELLOW DIAMOND. Where''s the kitty again?
2.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! She isn''t mine. She''s about 10 years old. Her "people" moved away and abandoned her, and everyone on the street where she lives looks out for her. The nice people whose house she adopted let her sleep on their front porch in the winter- they keep a little space heater on the porch. She doesn''t get along with the 2 cats they already have.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2008 10:42:08 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Hi! She isn't mine. She's about 10 years old. Her 'people' moved away and abandoned her, and everyone on the street where she lives looks out for her. The nice people whose house she adopted let her sleep on their front porch in the winter- they keep a little space heater on the porch. She doesn't get along with the 2 cats they already have.
I don't know how people can just abandon an animal
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
THANK YOU and all the residents of the street for caring for her, is there someone on the street who could care for her fulltime- where does she sleep and what would happen if she needed medical attention?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 10:42:08 AM
Hi! She isn''t mine. She''s about 10 years old. Her ''people'' moved away and abandoned her, and everyone on the street where she lives looks out for her. The nice people whose house she adopted let her sleep on their front porch in the winter- they keep a little space heater on the porch. She doesn''t get along with the 2 cats they already have.

Oh she is beautiful, I can''t believe that people could abandon their animals like that
29.gif
, it makes me really mad when people do stuff like that. Thankfully there are still nice people who will care for poor little critters in need good for you and your neighbors for taking her in and looking after her :) she looks just precious.

The pretty on your finger is beautiful
30.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I Big Puffy Heart all kitties, and Willow will now be included in my long list.
30.gif
Is there a chance that one of your neighbours, or even you, MB, could provide a warm cozy forever home for that lovely baby. Winter outside, even with a heater is too drafty for our girl
9.gif

Don''t for a moment, think that I didn''t notice your beautiful ring. That''s how our kitties like to be served....by folks wearing their best bling
36.gif
35.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She sleeps on or under their deck in the back of the house in the summer. They have a food dish and a water bowl there. They let her sleep on their enclosed front porch in the cold weather. I've been thinking I might take her in this winter if nobody else can do it - she's getting too old to be outside in the cold weather.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2008 11:18:58 AM
She sleeps on or under their deck in the back of the house in the summer. They have a food dish and a water bowl there. They let her sleep on their enclosed front porch in the cold weather. I've been thinking I might take her in this winter if nobody else can do it - she's getting too old to be outside in the cold weather.
MB, that would be wonderful if you would take her, I know it would mean the world to her, and you would get a loving companion!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
First of all your ring is amazing! Poor kitty! I''m glad the people in your neighborhod are being so nice to her :)
I can''t stand people that get pets and then dump them! I will never understand people who do that.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
She looks like such a nice cat...she is very lucky and probably loves her life (as long as she is safe on that porch, and not likely to be attacked by any other kitty, or a dog...)

Every summer we have the saddest little families that come in at our work...abandoned cats that have had litters - someone usually finds them underneath their house, where the poor catmum has gone to have her babies

At first, the people are interested, and protect the new mum, and want to feed the kitties when their eyes open...but eventually they have to hand them in (to be put to sleep) because the cats are horrifically wild, and bite and scratch like anything.

not having had enough human contact
8.gif

it''s really sad
8.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What really amazed me is that the cruds who left her took good care of her when she lived with them. They had her fixed and she's had all her shots. I don't understand why they would just move away and leave her after having taken good care of her. After they had been gone for a few months they had the nerve to call the people whose house she adopted and ask them how she was doing! What chutzpah.

The last cat I took in was semi feral. She was born and lived in a family's yard on the same street where Willow lives. She was used to people but timid. She was 9 years old when I took her in and she lived to be 19.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How horrible of those people!
29.gif
I''m glad Willow has you and others caring for her.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Awww MB...I''m so glad that you are taking care of her. She needs a mommy to love her.

Poo on those people who left her. Abandoment is never ok.
29.gif
Do the leg work and find the cat a suitable home if you can''t take it with you or don''t get animals in the first place!!!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Madam,
thats great that you are thinking about helping this cat in its later years...what goes around comes around!Be careful though...i see that the cat is eyeing your ring just as much as the food!My cat loves bling also...That ring is Stunning...i would pass up on the food to play with a ring like this also!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Good for you. Since she is fixed and has shots, that helps a lot. I hate when people don''t take care of their animals; they need us and they are our responsability.
My FMIL is a lot of terrible things, but she is so good to cats. There was a feral colony near her house and she used to tame them, I swear she is a cat whisperer. They were in a small town and she couldn''t afford to fix them, so once they were tame my FI and I drove them for hours back home to our city which had a shelter with a lot of space, in fact, sometimes they brought animals in from NM when they were short. We took 25 cats on our underground railroad.

The last batch, the mother was feral and her kittens would have been but the mama got away. We took them in but they didn''t have a spare home and would put them down because they were so young, so since my FI and I had taken responsability for them, we took them home to our one bedroom appt and raised all four of them. We knew nothing about it and worked around the clock taking care of them, but they grew to be extremely healthy and were adopted in 4 days.

It was hard to raise 4 kittens when my Fi worked full time, we had two cats already, we didn''t know what we were doing (yeah internet) and were moving to Europe in a month, but they needed us and we stepped up. Actually, the 5 cats my parents had throughout my life and the two we have are all strays, throwaways or barn cats.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 11:39:39 AM
What really amazed me is that the cruds who left her took good care of her when she lived with them. They had her fixed and she''s had all her shots. I don''t understand why they would just move away and leave her after having taken good care of her. After they had been gone for a few months they had the nerve to call the people whose house she adopted and ask them how she was doing! What chutzpah.

The last cat I took in was semi feral. She was born and lived in a family''s yard on the same street where Willow lives. She was used to people but timid. She was 9 years old when I took her in and she lived to be 19.
You''re right as always, Madam. They are cruds of the worst kind
29.gif

When the family moves, the entire family moves including pets!! My hubby has done work for people who moved and left their animals behind!! He knows this makes me furious so often doesn''t say much, but the first time it happened, he brought kitty home. As he was very thin, we named him Stringbean - a more loving cat you could never find, but there was a slight problem....gas. When he snuggled up to you, he expelled fumes. My very proper aunt came for a visit, and Stringbean was all over her. I can still see my aunt''s face as he snuggled up and then relaxed, emitting fumes that could bring down the house! It was truly a Mastercard moment.
9.gif

Another time, a kitty was left at a farm about ten minutes from where we live. The hamlet was called Camilla, and my mom and I went out every evening with food and fresh water for her.

When school started in September, I tried my best sales pitch to find a permanent home for her and one of my students wanted her for her sister. The arrangement worked well and I was invited several times to visit the kitty who was obviously thriving at her new home.

Karma is a wonderful concept whether you are animal or human. It wasn''t the reason I got involved, but there are good things that come your way, and sometimes you wonder, why me?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely color she is! Kudos to you for continuing to care for her!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Big props to you for caring for Willow. I love the top of her little head. That part is always so cute on kitties and doggies! It just gets me every time!

Mrs.2Artists

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cutie. Thank you for taking care of her!
30.gif

I can''t even begin to fathom how someone could abandon an animal that relies completely on them...it disgusts me. I can''t even get into it, it infuriates me so much.
emangry.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, THANK YOU for taking care of her! Poor thing...how heartbreaking that those people could just leave her behind. She is probably missing the family so much...
15.gif
I hope someone takes her in for good...
7.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, MB, she is beautiful! And as a fellow animal lover, I, too, thank you for helping take care of her. I can''t understand how someone could have left her behind.
39.gif
Thank goodness for you and the other neighbors.

More pictures maybe, please?!
30.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I pray for strays...and those that take them in.

She is a doll, bless you.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful cat and a beautiful ring! I hope you''ll let her come live with you this winter! Poor old thing...thank you from a cat lover for helping take care of this little girl! How dare her owners abandon her. People make me sick sometimes.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Here are 2 more pictures. She almost looked up in this one.

wl2.JPG

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one more.

wleat.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results