• Gown 2

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Gown 4

• Gown 7

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock

Ok your getting married and these are the only dresses available in the world and its against the law not to wear a wedding gown so you have to choose one of them. Which is it gonna be?

Gown 1

P1000066.jpg

Gown 2
P1000052.jpg

Gown three
P1000024.jpg

Gown 4
P1000022.jpg

Gown 5
Bridal12.jpg

Gown 6
lasvegas.jpg

Gown 7

pump.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Gown 1 is the least of 7 evils!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

All the gowns are enough to make me not want to get married!

3.gif

#1 is too prom-ish

#2 looks more like a Elizabeth-ian dress up

#3 looks like a bridemaid dress

#4 is just plain weird with the poofs

#5 has this strange green things and way too much lace in the strangest places

#6 and #7 has sleeves and gowns so poofy that it''ll knock the groom over (or give him no room to stand beside you at the altar)

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
um... i''d choose to continue "living in sin"
2.gif
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd wear Gown 5. I am not sure what those green or black clumps on it are (maybe clover leaves?) but I like the shoulders and it has sleeves. It may not be as tasteful as what I wore, but it is probably prettier!!! The shoulders look like those on a gown Scarlett O'Hara wore in "Gone With the Wind". (Unsure if it was the one made out of curtains!!)

Deborah, married 28 years ago

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
#2 isn''t that bad.... so long as I''m allowed to rip off the sleeves and the weird fan behind her shoulders!! Sort of Elvira-becomes-a-debutante....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2004 12:49:40 PM
Author: JCJD
#2 isn''t that bad.... so long as I''m allowed to rip off the sleeves and the weird fan behind her shoulders!! Sort of Elvira-becomes-a-debutante....

Oh! So now we''re allowed to make alterations are we!!? Or does this rule apply only to you!!??

Deb ;-)

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I chose #1 because it''s the lesser of the seven evils, but man are those ugly dresses! The scariest part is I saw dresses similar to those in some of the designer stores I went to. I would seriously die (or at least faint) from embarrassment if I had to wear any of those dresses!

Poker face

Rough_Rock

Holy cow! Hard choice, but kinda fun. Following the rules of your game, I chose #2.

JCJD: We chose the same gown, should we go with gothic themed weddings???

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 1:21
6.gif
5 PM
Author: AGBF

Oh! So now we''re allowed to make alterations are we!!? Or does this rule apply only to you!!??

Deb ;-)

Hmmmm... Well, since the government requires I wear a dress at my wedding and my choices are restricted to these 7, I think it''s up to the government to decide on alterations! Who wants to vote on this??
9.gif
I vote YES on removal of excess poufs and lace, including removal of weird green things on dress #5. NO on additions to the dresses, so no dying dress #2 black to go with Poker face and I''s gothic weddings (
2.gif
), that sort of stuff.

And besides, couldn''t I argue that the sleeves and the fan "ripped" so I had to cut them off or wear a visibly torn dress?
27.gif
31.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2004 2:48:34 PM
Date: 11/11/2004 1:21
6.gif
5 PM

Author: AGBF

And besides, couldn''t I argue that the sleeves and the fan ''ripped'' so I had to cut them off or wear a visibly torn dress?
27.gif
31.gif

Not with *your* conscience, you couldn''t! It would be ego-dystonic ;-).

Deb

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, what a decision!
9.gif
I''d either take #1 and rip off the two shorter flounces, or #4 (my vote) and remove the weird clump flower things.

I don''t like this government. I''m moving to a civilized country, like Saudi Arabia!!
2.gif

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock

Sorry Ladies this government has a very strict regime. No alterations or add on. The dresses have to be worn as is. hee hee ;-)

Glad you all are enjoying this litte game. I have seen threads were everyone post ugly gowns but never one were they would have to choose to wear one

23.gif

I''ll be gone over the weekend but please do keep voting!

35.gif

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
does it have to be the bride wearing the wedding dress or could it be the groom?
31.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2004 2:25:23 PM
Author: palmbaybabe
does it have to be the bride wearing the wedding dress or could it be the groom?
31.gif

Ummm...this is just my *opinion*, but if one finds these gowns off-putting on females, how much more off-putting would they be on males? I scoffed at the weaklings who posted here that they would rather not marry than marry in one of these gowns! Yet had my husband been wearing one when I got to the altar, I, too, might have been cowed into a life of celibacy!

Deb ;-)

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2004 12:55:55 AM
Author: Girls-best-friend

Sorry Ladies this government has a very strict regime. No alterations or add on. The dresses have to be worn as is. hee hee ;-)

Glad you all are enjoying this litte game. I have seen threads were everyone post ugly gowns but never one were they would have to choose to wear one

23.gif

I''ll be gone over the weekend but please do keep voting!

35.gif

OK, Most High Malevolent Dictator Girls-best-friend, what about folding that fan down?
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock

OK--I picked #1. It was a toss up between #1 and #2. I kind of liked the top part of #1 (in a weird sort of way) but could have done without the layerd, gold ribbon trimmed skirt. Number two would be alright..but the collar and sleeve things would have to take a hike. Kind of Sir Walter Raleigh'ish....

emotion-18.gif

#3 Kind of looks prom'ish...maybe. #4 Reminds me of a lamp shade my great-grandma had one time...#5..I would have to agree that it does look like something Scarlet O'Hara would have worn...#6 Makes me think of the Eddie Murphy movie "Coming to America" (oh that poor little girl standing off to the side..I hope she can breathe alright with all those shoulder ruffles strangling her). And, finally, #7...for some reason, every time I look at it I keep thinking of a bird. A big..giant..bird........

40.gif
40.gif
40.gif

This was fun..a real brain bender..but fun

9.gif
(I would blame any and all alterations on the elves)

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 10:30
6.gif
3 AM
Author: MelissaSue
Gown 1 is the least of 7 evils!

No kidding! I kept scrolling down hoping they would get better but they got progressively worse!!
6.gif
6.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I voted #3- but as I am not allowed any alterations, would make sure that I would accidentally step on both layers of tulle that are over the satin skirt going up the stairs so that the front of the tulle rips. As you can see, the cheap tailoring has already aided me in my quest by having it not be totally attached at the bodice on the left side of pic- models right side. Then as I turn in my haste to repair said damage, I am almost certain that it would catch on something prominent sticking out on a side table and rip the rest of it irreperably. Darn. Would just have to make do with plain satin skirt.....

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock

AGH! Is it just me, or are these gowns getting progressively PUFFIER? You could lose things in those puffs! I chose one...well, I''m not sure why, maybe because it wasn''t 6...but maybe I should''ve chosen 6. If you''re going to go hideous, why not just go ahead and go HIDEOUS?

funny stuff,

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Anybody else notice that the first model only looks happy in dress #3? The model for #5 just looks pissed, and the last model looks like she''s fallen into 80''s excess and can''t get up - HUGE poufy hair, HUGE poufy sleeves, HUGE poufy puff-ball dress! That poor little flower girl can''t even see over her own sleeves!!

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
OK, Most High Malevolent Dictator Girls-best-friend, what about folding that fan down?

Oh... ok but just know if someone behinds you gets poked in the eye there bill will ge all yours.

#7...for some reason, every time I look at it I keep thinking of a bird. A big..giant..bird........

LOL!!!!!

No kidding! I kept scrolling down hoping they would get better but they got progressively worse!!

Then my job was done well! he he

Darn. Would just have to make do with plain satin skirt.....

Oh no we couldn't have you in a damaged gown on your wedding day. What would the people think of our government. We would hastily prepare one of our other gowns for you.
11.gif

If you're going to go hideous, why not just go ahead and go HIDEOUS?

Totally true!

The model for #5 just looks pissed

Yes that dress was chosen because we felt it is important to preserve the idea of generational hand me downs! How romantic to wear your great, great, great, great grandmama's wedding gown.

You guys are all a riot. Thanks for playing!
35.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I vote kill myself!

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
LOL!! This post made me laugh so hard - at first I thought it was serious and then when I finally caught on I was SO relieved! Hahaha...

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh, dear god, those are so awful. I didn''t know if the "law" allowed any changes to the dress--I assumed not?--so I went with #3. Which is awful. They''re all AWFUL!!!! :)

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Well it seems that #1 is the least hated with #2 and #4 coming in second and third. Poor #5 and #6 didn''t receive a single vote
39.gif

#7 at least got 1
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results