shape
carat
color
clarity

This is a weird question, but for those of you who registered for towels ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
If you have them -- where did you get them, do you like them, and are they really soft and absorbent?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 9:45:55 AM
Author:shertz1981
If you have them -- where did you get them, do you like them, and are they really soft and absorbent?

Bed, Bath & Beyond; yes; and yes!
We registered for more expensive towels (bath sheets - we''re tall people) than we would have bought ourselves. They are luxurious.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We did all of our towles from Dillard''s.

LOVE THEM! Very plush and Huge!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
We did all of our towels and bathware from Restoration Hardware (and in fact, that is ALL we registered for from there, we just loved it so much!).

Towels are amazingly soft, luxurious, and super absorbent. Great colors, too. They are pricey, but they have pretty frequent bath sales for 20% off throughout the year, and we have received just over half of what we requested so far.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
My towels are my splurge item. I registered at Bloomingdales for the Ralph Lauren classics ones. My in-laws have them and they are so amazingly soft and absorbent. They are actually the only reason I created a bloomingdales registry, I just want the towels.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
mine are from bloomingdales. they are calvin klein. they are SO soft and plush. i want to lay on them. and a bonus...they are on sale often!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We registered for towels from Bloomingdale''s. I loved them, DH didn''t so he returned them and then purchased different sets and returned those to BB&B and Macy''s.
We finally ended up with great towels from Restoration Hardware. Of course, I didn''t have a problem with any of our previous towels, but the husband did . . .

And remember: NEVER put dryer sheets in with your towels. They ruin the absorbency and the softness. (I learned this when I was a costume design major in college, it''s true!)

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 10:50:21 AM
Author: sba771
My towels are my splurge item. I registered at Bloomingdales for the Ralph Lauren classics ones. My in-laws have them and they are so amazingly soft and absorbent. They are actually the only reason I created a bloomingdales registry, I just want the towels.

I second the Ralph Lauren classic towels. My mom bought me some when I went to college and I have been hooked ever since. They come in some very pretty colors too!
1.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 11:03:07 AM
Author: Haven
And remember: NEVER put dryer sheets in with your towels. They ruin the absorbency and the softness. (I learned this when I was a costume design major in college, it''s true!)
Really?! You learn something new everyday...

We got ones from BBB, and they''re so soft and squishy I could sleep on them.
1.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Wow, this is so helpful! Thank you!

Bloomie''s doesn''t have the RL Classic online, so I guess I''m going back for the 50th time this week, LOL

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 11:03:07 AM
Author: Haven

True indeed! Learned this when I read the wash instructions on my RH towels. Thought they would be all static-y, but turns out when you actually have decent towels, that is not the case! And they also suggest washing on cold, and tumble drying on medium, for mine at least.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 11:33:32 AM
Author: shertz1981
Wow, this is so helpful! Thank you!

Bloomie''s doesn''t have the RL Classic online, so I guess I''m going back for the 50th time this week, LOL
Nothing wrong with that! And this way you can feel the different plush levels and find the perfect one!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 9:49:42 AM
Author: TheBigT
Date: 12/10/2009 9:45:55 AM

Author:shertz1981

Bed, Bath & Beyond; yes; and yes!

We registered for more expensive towels (bath sheets - we''re tall people) than we would have bought ourselves. They are luxurious.
We bought a house a few months ago and splurged on expensive ones from BB&B for our guest bathroom. They are soooooo fluffy and plush. Love them.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those of you with Ralph Lauren towels--have you had any discoloration problems?

My parents gave me two sets of monogrammed RL towels when I left for college, and they all became discolored within a year.
7.gif

They were very soft and absorbent, though!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
We registered for Annur towels at bed bath and beyond. Husband didn''t like them at first (too soft), but I really like them.

aqua towels

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
After two more visits to Bloomingdale''s without any luck finding the RL Classics, we got the Calvin Klein Lush ... they''re soooo soft, I was like, "Can I take a nap on one here, now?" :D

Thx for all your help!!!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Ours are from B&B. In the store, we were feeling self-conscious registering for the "expensive" ones, but when they showed up, ooh they are squishy! They are the "suite platinum microcotton" brand.

canada_ham

Shiny_Rock
i got mine from the bay (canadian department store) and i LOVE them
5.gif
when i was registering for towels, i went through the entire bath section and made sure that i had felt every single towel they had and registered for the nicest feeling ones.
9.gif
it took me like 45 min to figure out which brand of towels i wanted and poor DH was following me around the entire time. they are great towels and even after 2 years they feel the same as they did when they were brand new. the brand is called hotel collection and a quick google search tells me that they are available at macys
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results