shape
carat
color
clarity

This bedskirt too girly?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
this photo looks boring because the walls are white, but now my walls are very colorful. :)

Toile Pillows Shams.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I have some photos of a historical home outside of Austin that has a beautiful chocolate and robin''s egg blue toile with boucle duvet in chocolate, mocha and ivory, accented by robins egg blue nubby chenille. The toile has a mediterranean theme with understated palms and tropical birds (don''t think Tommy Bahama- it is different from this palmy look) I will find them at home and post.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OH how did I miss this!!! Fantastic jorman!!! Love the pix and would love to see more!!!

The toile I''m using is a really interesting toile. It''s a pale blue/grey and ivory and the colors are so muted that you can''t really see the figures or tell it''s a toile right away...I''m replacing blue and white very pronounced toile...funny how I went right back to toile though!

SO, here''s the scoop...I ordered the jute bedskirt and I''m going to be doing 2 pillows on the bed in a coordinating color. THe bedspread is the blue and ivory toile...the sheets and regular pillowcases remain to be seen. I bought the matching cotton duvet cover for 20 bucks so I can make some pillow cases or use the other side which is a blue stripe.....

The rug is above...which has the jute and only a tiny bit of blue but I think it''s enough I hope...then I''m dong faux dupioni drapes (b/c of the cat slobber) in a blue/gray ...they are floor length panels that I will drape to once side....not sure about the tie backs

The furniture is an awesome dark walnut color with a teensy bit of red...it''s a Louis Phillipe style ...

So I think the manly + the girly kind of works...I hope! :)

I''d l0ve to see more pix....from everyone! Hey people, post your pix!!!

p.s. thanks everyone for the compliments...I''m just winging it!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the toile next to drapes that I decided to use in my bathroom around the tub LOL....
The toile looks a bit darker and more pronounced in the pic...the bedskirt is almost the color of the drapes! Can''t wait til it comes in the mail!!!

toile.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2005 10:57:58 AM
Author: moremoremore
OH how did I miss this!!! Fantastic jorman!!! Love the pix and would love to see more!!!

The toile I''m using is a really interesting toile. It''s a pale blue/grey and ivory and the colors are so muted that you can''t really see the figures or tell it''s a toile right away...I''m replacing blue and white very pronounced toile...funny how I went right back to toile though!

SO, here''s the scoop...I ordered the jute bedskirt and I''m going to be doing 2 pillows on the bed in a coordinating color. THe bedspread is the blue and ivory toile...the sheets and regular pillowcases remain to be seen. I bought the matching cotton duvet cover for 20 bucks so I can make some pillow cases or use the other side which is a blue stripe.....

The rug is above...which has the jute and only a tiny bit of blue but I think it''s enough I hope...then I''m dong faux dupioni drapes (b/c of the cat slobber) in a blue/gray ...they are floor length panels that I will drape to once side....not sure about the tie backs

The furniture is an awesome dark walnut color with a teensy bit of red...it''s a Louis Phillipe style ...

So I think the manly + the girly kind of works...I hope! :)

I''d l0ve to see more pix....from everyone! Hey people, post your pix!!!

p.s. thanks everyone for the compliments...I''m just winging it!

Understated toile is the best because you won''t get sick of it as quickly as I did my garnet version.
It is also a benefit to you that the toile is located in a guest room. Your guests will appreciate it as will you for not sleeping in toile everyday.
2.gif

I am a big fan of mixing masculine and feminine together. Feminine and masculine together makes the overall feel of the room feel as if it developed over time while you located fabrics, textures and accents that you love, instead of ordered completely in one final swoop through the deapartment store bedding section. Furniture selection is the same way. You don''t want every single piece in the room to match exactly because it feels contrived. It is nice to have a variety. I think some of you jewel experts feel the same way. It is nice to have peices that are very different, but very complimentary of one another.

I will see if I can find those pics I was talking about. I have some great before and afters.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That''s the hardest part for me....not for the bedroom...but for the living room...finding pieces that don''t match but do match LOL....

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
my advice is to leave spaces black until the right piece comes along. Eventually it will.
There are times when a piece is necessary- say a dining room table- go with something inexpensive until you know you how found the "find" that fits your style and your lifestyle.

It is easier said than done- I know.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You''re totally right. I had nothing in the corner of my living room and then I ordered that pottery barn chair above. I''m not too sure about quality (or the value for that matter) but I just looked at it and knew I liked it. The only thing is, the legs are very similar to my sofa and loveseat (no skirts) and the coffee table which is on casters...they aren''t exact but they are quite matchy. Eh, whatever....and I thought I really needed something with a skirt on it but I decided all wood was a good move. When I get dressed i can''t sit back down on anything b/c of cat hair
6.gif
so it''s great to be able to wipe and sit LOL...I''m going to fold a long throw and run it down the front of the chair to the floor...there is this amazing chenille brown and blue plaid throw at restoration hardware...

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
My boyfriend and I are a quest to find a leather recliner for his master bedroom.
It will basically serve as a catch all, but right now he has this teal green laZboy and it just doesn''t go with anything. Even if it''s going to be covered in slacks and gym shorts- it needs to mesh well with everything else.
We have been looking for about 1.5 years because nothing has hit him with a "POW- That''s the chair".
It took him 1 year to find the dining table he loved and another year to find chairs. It looks amazing, but it took time. He has learned to trust my tastes and opinions and that helps to reassure his own.
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m lucky that my husband doesn''t have any taste LOL...not bad taste...just none. He doesn''t much care...for that reason, it was SO funny that last night he goes "I like that little drape thing in the bathroom. It''s nice"...I was like the valance over the window? ... and it felt good b/c I made it myself! :)

I''m the SAME way. When it hits me I know it''s right. That with that rug I bought ... I saw it and was like POW. That I have to have!!!

Good luck with the chair!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2005 1:50:58 PM
Author: moremoremore
t was SO funny that last night he goes ''I like that little drape thing in the bathroom. It''s nice''...I was like the valance over the window? ...
HI:

At least your husband has some idea about what it is--everything (I bake) to my husband is a "flan". "Great flan honey"..they are profiteroles or it is creme brulee or a lemon tart or or...in fact I''ve never made a flan in my life.......

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL....They just don''t get it.

And by the way, the bedskirt came. It''s a tad more gold than I wanted but so are my drapes so they match....

Well, my husband took a lot at my pride and joy $160.00 bedskirt and all he has to say...
"I feel like I''m at a carwash. Cook"

Uhhh, not exactly the look I was going for LOL. Car wash chic?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
37.gif
.....a carwash? lol....thanks hubby
37.gif

so how''s it going to look with the rug?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Things are shaping up slowly...I love the rug. SO DO MY CATS.
29.gif

Although I went out and got them two new scratching posts and they seem to be ignoring the rug. I was nervous about the bedskirttoo b/c it''s actually a soft jute and that''s kitty toe paradise...but they haven''t noticed it. YET. I''m kind of ticked that the duvet cover I wanted to match my king quilt (for everyday use) has been discontinued. Figures. But I''ll deal!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you make a matching duvet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results