shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking of all you Brooklynites/New Yorkers today...

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! This is my daughter’s station. :’( So thankful that she was at a different location today a few blocks away.
She’s staying put right now. Worried about her getting back home later.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! This is my daughter’s station. :’( So thankful that she was at a different location today a few blocks away.
She’s staying put right now. Worried about her getting back home later.

Im so glad your daughter was elsewhere, and is safe. Still, having the the violence hit so close to home must be beyond stressful.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank heavens she didn't take her usual route today.
Hugs @Slick1.

Thank you so much and yes, thank goodness she went to another location because the timing would’ve affected her in some way for sure. I imagine everyone will be on high alert again. I read NYPD will double police presence in the subways. I know she is nervous now. :(

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Gussie and @Diamond Girl 21 ❤️
She is leaving work now as she had a late work event. I don’t think she will be going in the rest this week at least, they’ll work from home. It will take some time for the city to recover. Of course, those who were injured and present will forever live with this… so sad.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart goes out to all who are affected.
My heart feels broken.
I love NYC and Brooklyn is my hometown.

I haven't felt safe to ride the subways since De Blasio was in office. Now that he is gone there is a lot of work for the new mayor to do. I am not sure he can accomplish making the trains safe again. But I, for one, refuse to take them until I feel they are safe. I cannot remember the last time I rode the trains. Many years ago. And the sole reason for that is soon as I started feeling unsafe taking the trains I refused to ride them.

Until NYC can make their subway system safe NYC will no longer be a great city IMO. I have seen before my eyes how the city has been deteriorating. What a shame. My friends no longer feel safe either. My best friend Tom keeps sending me literature about all the attacks against Asians. I see with my own eyes how the city has fallen. It pains me to write this but it's how I feel.

For all who have no choice and must ride the subway and live this every day please be careful.
My heart goes out to all New Yorkers. I will always love NYC. I will always love Brooklyn.
I always thought of NYC as one of the safest cities in the world. And that was true for a long time. But that hasn't been true for many years now. Thanks to things (and people who were in power) I can't mention. IMO he single handledly destroyed the city.

But maybe, just maybe, peace and order can be restored one day. I hope. But until I feel safe again I am not sure I am returning.

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 5.43.31 AM.png

I will always be a Brooklyn girl.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @missy ...I hope the new mayor can turn things around.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suspect is in custody!! .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Matata.

"My fellow New Yorkers, we got him,' Mayor Eric Adams said. "We got him."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results