shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking a-head on heads for upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anika

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
My story is thinking of upgrading from 1.23 to 1.75-1.8ct. I think this could be nearly 1 mm difference in diameter. Do you think I would need anew head and if so.....Can I please have your suggestions for a gorgeous SIX prong head that would make my diamond look huge(r). I also like the heads high but not ridiculously high.
I have a channel set band similar to the Tiffany''s six prong which I am tempted to change but don''t think I should for sentimental reasons and all. I think the current stone gets a bit lost in the band but with a larger stone, hopefully it will pop more.

Thanks in advance,
Anika

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yellow gold?
white gold?
plat?

In white gold my pick would be a tiffany style 14kx1 head from stuller.

anika

Shiny_Rock
platinum
Thanks

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stuller six prong Solstice head, modified to look like Mara''s

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i second my 6 prong stuller modified head...i just love it. and it was very affordable too since it was just a modified stock piece. i didn''t want to get all crazy with trying to be fancy with a pre-existing setting and have it look too odd.

though you MAY be able to get away with using your same head depending on what you want. i had my 1.29 and my 1.60 in the same setting but wf told me that was IT..hehee..and they had to stretch my head a good amount to get the stone in and it fit the whole head, so i wasn''t getting any more in there after that.

one other thing is that they used a slightly smaller size head for my 2.32 than they typically would have, because i wanted the super squatty spready look and so they set the diamond a little lower in a smaller head, if you want that spready look that is what i would suggest.

anika

Shiny_Rock
Mara,
Does this mean the height of your head is lower than normal? I like a higher head as it makes the stone look bigger but the squatty spready thing is interesting too...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My head is maybe just a little bigger than my old head height wise for the new stone, but I did not want a high head...I wanted the squatty side view more. The stone to me already looks huge from top down, it''s more like the side view that I wanted. I don''t like when the diamond just goes straight up and down in alot of those settings, it makes it look small from the side view. So I wanted more of a better looking side view this time around. I think they used a medium stuller height but just a size smaller and there is not alot of space between the stone and the prongs. I think it''s kind of a trade off, do you want it higher or a more squatty look. Either way Stuller has different heights of settings so you could have what you wanted. There is a low, medium and high setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results