shape
carat
color
clarity

Think this is a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Andyman33

Rough_Rock
There are two things that need to be considered.
1) I bought the ring last week and it just came today. . .but
2) My very close cousin just got engaged 2 days ago.

I wanted to ask soon. . .however, I want to give my cousin her due time as well.

Therefore, on July 11 the team that I play for in a semipro league has its All-Star game. I will be the starting pitcher and hopefully my parents and her parents will be there to watch. She obviously would be there also, and I think I could coax her to take some pictures of me the last inning that I''d be throwing (probably the 2nd or 3rd since its the all star game). Since she''d be next to the dugout, I could ask her to come to homeplate and then ask her to marry me there as I come off the mound.
Good idea?

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea!

If they are willing to let you interrupt the game like that (have you even asked?) maybe they will let you go a bit further...

Perhaps, after your at-bat... the announcer can call her up to bat or out on the field, then you could propose.

OR you can pre-arrange for her to be able to come out of the dugout to take a photo of you at-bat... y'kno, baseball card style and while she has the camera in hand, you could ask her then.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
That's a very cute idea, just make sure she doesn't mind being proposed to in public with everyone watching (it would be my worst nightmare--I like some things to be private). If she's someone who would like that attention though (many of my friends would consider it their 15 minutes of fame) I think it's an excellent idea!

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Researcher. You want to be very certain that she would enjoy a public proposal. Even if the crowd can't hear you, her reaction will be strong and everyone would know something is up.

Remember to consider that women (from what they tell me) are most interested in being in the right frame of mind (i.e. romantic, connected to you, etc.) at the time of their proposal. One disadvantage to public proposals is they may not allow the woman to be feeling that way up to the moment of the proposal. (In this case for example you will be on the field pitching, not holding her, talking to her etc.)

In the end you're the one who knows her best. What do you think she'd be thinking and feeling?

If her/your parents are there that night (whenever and wherever exactly you decide to propose) you could have an immediate celebration if that appeals to both of you.

Oh and by the way, I don't think you'd be stealing your cousin's thunder. You can all enjoy being engaged at the same time. What might be a problem would be if your cousin were just about to get married. That might steal some of his/her thunder.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Does she know it's emminent?

Andyman33

Rough_Rock
Yes and no. . .I mean we both know one day it will happen. . .the thing is that we also both know that we can't get married for AT LEAST 3.5 years. . .however, this will be a longer engagement if I ask now. . .which is what i've decided I want/she deserves. . .maybe I should do this private. . .

diamond_noob

Rough_Rock
>> Remember to consider that women (from what they tell me) are most interested in being in the right frame of mind (i.e. romantic, connected to you, etc.)at the time of their proposal.

Well, my experience is that it totally depends on your girlfriend, and what would be most special to her. For my girlfriend and most of the other friends that run in our circle, being totally surprised has been way more special to them then necessarily being "in the mood" with the guy. Women love "telling the story" to all of their girlfriends, so an element of surprise where they totally don't see it coming can make it very fun and something they can "brag about" for years to come. Either way, you can't lose if you know it will be special to her.

Just another perspective...

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
Being an avid baseball fan.... Won't you be nervous/excited throughout the game? Not saying you shouldn't do this- just had to bring this up for the love of the game!

loopy.gif
Bethany

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/1/2004 1:23:30 PM JimDiamond wrote:

>> Remember to consider that women (from what they tell me) are most interested in being in the right frame of mind (i.e. romantic, connected to you, etc.)at the time of their proposal.

On 7/2/2004 11:05:03 PM diamond_noob wrote:

>>Well, my experience is that it totally depends on your girlfriend, and what would be most special to her. For my girlfriend and most of the other friends that run in our circle, being totally surprised has been way more special to them then necessarily being 'in the mood' with the guy. ----------------

The right mood and being totally surprised are definitely not mutually exclusive. The right mood just means happy and being close emotionally--a feeling that comes from being together doing or seeing something you both like. Surprise comes from how well you've been able to hide your plans. I will be proposing tomorrow (Sat. 7/10). I plan to have both surprise and mood.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results