shape
carat
color
clarity

Things kids say/do

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are there funny/cute/strange things your kids have said that you''ll always want to remember? (maybe tease them about when they''re older!) I wish I''d kept a journal when London was born to help remember everything. I didn''t and swore I would with Trapper, and haven''t. Not too late to start, I just need to *do* it.

When London was younger, she said Dally for Daddy. When we were potty training her, she was very excited and wanted to call JD at work and tell him how she''d done. He kept the message on his cell-"Ah poop Dally, Ah poop!"

The pull ups we used, we called princess pants. She called them Susus Peeps. When she had to go potty, she had to Lily, and toilet paper was lily popper.

hahahaha it makes me giggle and get teary just writing it!

Trapper has a much more extensive vocabulary than London did at this age-I''m sure from listening to her, and wanting to be a big boy. When he was about 2, if I was sitting in the recliner, and London wanted to climb up and snuggle with me, he''d immediately drop what he was doing. He''d stand in front of her, back to her with his arms spread out and he''d squat down a little bit..like he was guarding her in basketball..then he''d say "No Nunnin, no. My nuggle, my nuggle". Sometimes then he would crawl up on my lap and face me, all sprawled out spread eagle, so London couldn''t climb up.

What things do your kids do/say that make you laugh/cry/cringe?

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
My son, James, is 14.5 months old and he makes me laugh every day. He latest thing is to run around with his hands above his head making a really loud and high-pitched squealing noise
3.gif
It is sort of obnoxious since he''s so loud, but he is such a little cutie pie when he does it.

He has also discovered his "wee wee" and plays with it when he takes a bath
6.gif
My husband is always telling him not to but he''s much too young to know any better.

James also recognizes himself in pictures and will point at the ones we have on the wall and say "bebe bebe"
30.gif
He''s a little love bug.

Something that makes me cringe - when James is done eating he''ll stand up and turn around backwards in his highchair
32.gif
He will then try to climb out; giving whoever is watching him a heart attack. He also flipped himself out of his crib about a week ago. We''re pretty sure that he was trying to play with the door when he was supposed to be taking a nap and instead he leaned over too far and PLUNK! He wasn''t hurt, thank heavens. Nobody saw it happen, since he was supposed to be napping so we''re not sure exactly what happened.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, my 19 year old daughter, upon waking me up this morning:

"Mom, I dropped my phone in a toilet while I was in the Hospital ER last night and it''s dead now!"

I know this wasn''t what you were expecting to hear in this thread. But that''s how I got woken up this morning. Where to start with the questions? Hospital ER??? And yes, I wish I''d kept a journal when the girls were younger. I was so bad at that. My older daughter used to say "Fish for breakfast, O''s for lunch!" all the time when she was about 4. We have *no* idea where that came from.

When she was 3 or 4 my older daughter was staying with my inlaws for a few days, and they had company over for dinner. She blurted out what they *thought* was "Where''s my f**ken spoon?" Of course what she really said was "Where''s my fork *and* spoon?". They were so shaken up!
3.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My Aunt says I mortified her in line at the grocery store when she asked me if I wanted a candy bar. I guess I couldn't make up my mind so she said Let's just get a Snickers. I yelled I Don't Like Penis!
(peanuts)

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
In my family we keep saying the things that were said. Like when I was a baby I said "Where did that from from?" Instead of "Where did that come from?" because it sounded the same to me. So to this day we all ask where something from from.

My sister always called sweaters, fweaters. So of course now in winter we ask each other "How do you like my new fweater?"

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha it''s so funny to hear how kids say things! Well, not so much the ER part tho..that''s enough to make your heart jump into your throat!

My Gramma used to repeat words..like she was Johnny Two-Times or something. Drove my mom nuts. Gramma would say to us "Go bye-bye in car-car to town-town?" So, now mom and I do it to each other and it makes us laugh every time.

When I was little, I called a fart, a farkle. No clue why. At church one night, someone let one go during a quiet moment and mom said I started yelling "FARKLE?? FARKLE?" over and over. It''s funny to watch her tell the story b/c she makes this crazy face.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My 3.5 yr old thinks if he toots hard enough he''ll "blast off." So, this is what I live with....argh...grunt...pooott...oh no....grunt....pfffttt....almost.....grunt

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD is home, we were cracking up about something my DS said....

So our next door neighbors were showing their house. A gay couple came to see it.. ( they became great friends of our's ) I wasn't there when this happend. I had left my son with my friend as our sons always played together... So DS sees this couple, when they were out of hearing distance, he says to my friend..... Well there goes the neighborhood!!!
6.gif
She died laughing thinking where on earth did you come up with that??? She told me once I got home. Thank god they never heard what he said. He was 4 years old. I am thinking, he just was sad that they were moving...

The guys that moved in became uncles to my kids. My friends that moved, are still our best friends, we see them all the time.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My son is two years and ten months old, and just today he asked me if he could play a game on the "poocooter" (computer)
emteeth.gif

When we go to the playground, he''s a daredevil on the slide, but he''s still a little wary of the swings. Still, a few weeks ago he asked to go on the swing, and after I gave him a few gentle pushes, he cried out, "Stop! It''s too exciting!" I just looked over at my husband and said, "hmm ... he must get that from your side of the family" (I''m an adrenaline junkie)
emsmilep.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
My little three year old cousin walked up to us at the dinner table once, pointed at a picture in his little learning book at proudly exclaimed "it''s a penis!".

When I was about 4 we were taking the ship from Ireland to France. My parents got talking to the owner of this boutique hat store that was on the ship. Very expensive creations. I, unnoticed, handed out lovely hats to every child that passed
16.gif
It was ages before they realised, they had some job chasing those hats down and trying to extract them back from the kids!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
My late grandfather used to say "Bull$h*t" ALL the time, and it drove my grandma crazy that he said it in front of the kids. One evening my parents and older sister were having dinner at their house (my sis was 3-4 at the time). Grandpa was telling a story at the dinner table and once he finished my sister blurted out, "Bull$h*t, Papa! Bull$sh*t!"
6.gif
9.gif

I used to say Basketti instead of Spaghetti, and I called my neighbor Lenore, Nalore.

I nanny for a family with three little girls, and a few months ago we went on an outing to the local park. I was cleaning up the picnic area while the girls played on the playground when the middle child (3) yelled, "Pilsnpinkysmom, PIlsnpinkysmom!! I threw my panties down the twisty slide!!!"
32.gif
I looked up in time for her to flash the whole playground (which was pretty much emtpy, thank goodness) and then slide down the slide BARE BOTTOMED.
23.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Haha... these are funny!
One time, when my nephew was about 3 or 4, he touched my leg (I was wearing nude pantyhose). Then he pulled the pantyhose, so it stretched out from my skin. He said, loudly, "EEWWW.... your SKIN!!!!!" lol

My mom tells me I really embarassed her at the grocery store when I was little. There was a very dark-skinned black woman in line in front of us, and I kept asking why she was so dark
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results