shape
carat
color
clarity

Thick Girdles Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cassian

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if any of you ladies have diamonds with thick or very thick girdles? I would like to see how beautiful they can be. When we picked out my diamond, it was before our girdle education. Mine is thick, but i don''t think it affects the beauty of it at all. Anyone else have a beautiful thick-girdled diamond they would like to show off?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Royal Asscher has a thick girdle. Sorry, no pictures yet - the setting still isn''t done
29.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2007 9:13:54 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
My Royal Asscher has a thick girdle. Sorry, no pictures yet - the setting still isn''t done
29.gif

madam bijoux, any idea of when it''ll be completed? can''t wait to see!

i tried on a 3.16 ct OEC H VS1 in Portland, ME (beautiful stone), but the super thin girdle bothered me a little. i don''t know why, but it looked almost fake to me because of that!

i''d love to see photos of thick girdles, too!

ML2014

Rough_Rock
Cassian,

Mine has a Medium to Thick (faceted) girdle. Here is a pic.

3 stone fy.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I am ignorant...I have no clue what is thick or thin, my diamond is not certed and the paperwork I received does not state if it is thick or thin
20.gif

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Attached is a picture of my slightly thick to thick oval.

DSC_0005_1.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine is sl thick

Picture 0699.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is a side view so you can see the girdle.

Picture 040645.jpg

ML2014

Rough_Rock
Loreal and Skippy123- your rings are stunning.
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, ErecaK - they think the ring might be done this week or next week.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Loreal.......do you have a hand shot and side views of your ring? It is lovely.......

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 12:19:24 AM
Author: Kajamie
Loreal and Skippy123- your rings are stunning.
36.gif
thank you Kajamie!
9.gif

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Kajame, Skippie and Loreal- Your rings are STUNNING!

Madam Bijoux- What a pain in the asscher!!! I really hope your setting gets done soon, I can't wait to see it!

Loreal- Not to threadjack- but what kind of dog is on your avatar? is it yours? do you have more pictures? He is the cutest thing ever!

Cassian

Rough_Rock
Guess i should post mine since i am talking about them :)

Here is a good shot of the thick girdle on my diamond.

girdlesideone.jpg

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Kajamie and Skippy 123 - I Love Love Love your rings!

Cassian - I had my ring before becoming educated by the very knowledgeable PSers...I also believe the thick girdle on my diamond doesn''t affect the beauty of my ring. I wouldn''t trade mine for anything!

Kajamie, Lauralu and Ivanadiamond - thanks for your kind words. I will post more photos on the new thread Lauralu started on my behalf...That is, once my husband will leave his home office for a few minutes (I need our home computer to crop photos)! Workaholic!

Ivanadiamond - Yes, that is my dog on my avatar! She is a 6 1/2 month old Australian Labradoodle. I''ll post a photo of her on the new thread.

Cheers!
26.gif

Cassian

Rough_Rock
But I don''t think it takes anything away from the beauty of the stone.

katiering123.jpg

Cassian

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 7:48:37 PM
Author: Loreal

Cassian - I had my ring before becoming educated by the very knowledgeable PSers...I also believe the thick girdle on my diamond doesn''t affect the beauty of my ring. I wouldn''t trade mine for anything!

Cheers!
26.gif

Me neither!! I love my ring. It actually turned out to be a good thing that i have a thick girdled stone. I am a veterinary technician and with all the dog wrestling and other crap i put my ring through, i don''t have to worry about a delicate girdle chipping or cracking. my thick girdle takes the beatings i get everday at work with grace :)

the only thing i would change, is that it has a slightly smaller spread for its size (1.01ct), but its barely noticeable.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Cassian, your ring is beautiful and very unique.

I have 2 dogs, a cat and am very clumsy - I would be very afraid to own a thin girdle. Can''t chance it!

ML2014

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 3:46:10 PM
Author: ivanadiamond
Kajame, Skippie and Loreal- Your rings are STUNNING!

Madam Bijoux- What a pain in the asscher!!! I really hope your setting gets done soon, I can''t wait to see it!

Loreal- Not to threadjack- but what kind of dog is on your avatar? is it yours? do you have more pictures? He is the cutest thing ever!
Thank you ivanadiamond!
36.gif

ML2014

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 7:48:37 PM
Author: Loreal
Kajamie and Skippy 123 - I Love Love Love your rings!

Kajamie, Lauralu and Ivanadiamond - thanks for your kind words. I will post more photos on the new thread Lauralu started on my behalf...That is, once my husband will leave his home office for a few minutes (I need our home computer to crop photos)! Workaholic!

Ivanadiamond - Yes, that is my dog on my avatar! She is a 6 1/2 month old Australian Labradoodle. I''ll post a photo of her on the new thread.

Cheers!
26.gif
Thank you Loreal! I checked out your other thread and all I can say is WOW- your ring is gorgeous! I love the baguettes on the side- what a classic! Enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results