shape
carat
color
clarity

Thiagemstore?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Has anyone shopped with Thiagemstore.com? How did it work out?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2009 10:37:26 AM
Author:Tropicgal10
Has anyone shopped with Thiagemstore.com? How did it work out?
I think they own gemstv and I purposely filter them out on ebay searches because I think their stones look junky (if that''s the store I''m thinking of). I''ve been an avid ebayer since ebay was ebay, and collecting gems during much of that time, so it''s one of the stores I stay far far away from.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you talking about Thaigems or Thaigemstore? Are they one and the same, or two different vendors?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know thiagemstore has one on ebay as well. Never bought from them before either but I have seen their stones. There is a Thiagemstore.com, thats what I was just looking at. *shrug*.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tropicgal,
Is there some kind of gem or something specific you were looking for? Or were you just browsing and you saw something you liked from them?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Actually, I am looking for a pretty hot pink tourmaline. I like the look of the hot pink sapphires I have seen at zales and such (but dont want to pay zales prices). I like tourmalines though because they are less then sapphires and come in more vivid colors. And someone here posted a pic of their tourmaline and made me want one even more!!!!!

Thiagemstore has some hot pink tourmalines
http://thaigemstore.com/catalog/natural-mined-184ct-cushion-pink-tourmaline-p-3711.html
This is one I am looking at.

But it has a veil inclusion in it. That isnt a big deal to me as long as it isnt eye visable. I have some stones with a veil in it and you cant tell inless you know what you are looking for.

I am new to tourmalines though, and dont know how much a viel will show, or how cuts show their colors.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not buy any gemstones from the usual B&M store due to their not knowing much about gemstones, not even to mention the quality that they carry. Tourmalines do not necessarily come in more vivid colours than sapphires but that’s another topic.

The stone you linked to has amazing colour but here are a couple cautions:
1. There is most likely a good sized window in the stone. This is apparent in both the picture and video which the vendor has tried to minimize by the angle of photography and video shoot. The depth is also another clue that it is overly shallow so that you can’t even recut to close the window.
2. I am not concerned about the stone being a synthetic but more concerned about what they claim as untreated. I’ve heard that many pink tourmalines are now routinely heated to remove the colour, then nuked to get that vivid pink.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thaigems and Thaigemstore are nothing to do with GemsTV anymore - although there is a tenuous link somewhere still!

They sell a wide range of poorly cut gemstones. You can occasionally see some nice ones but the majority are not good.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemstv, who I believe owns thaigemstore.com, routinely irradiates their tourmalines to produce the hot pink colors.

However, I think this is another store that I and others have purchased from. They routinely enhance their videos. I do not trust the color on that stone, nor do I trust the seller's remarks that it's untreated.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have bought some stones from them and they met my expectations: I didn''t expect a world class gem and I didn''t get one. I don''t trust their pictures that much and I look carefully for how they might have been manipulated.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Gemstv has a link to the following store on their site:

http://www.thaigem.com/

I have purchased quite a few pieces from Gemstv and have been very happy with them. I do agree that the stones on thaigem, do sometimes not appear to be the best cut and color/quality. However, as I stated I have purchased a large number of pieces from Gemstv and have been very happy with them. I have only returned 1 piece out of the probably 30 i''ve purchased from them. I do like their 30 day return policy as well.
(IMHO, respectfully, I Really enjoy most of Gemstv''s pieces - lately than have gotten a little gaudy and more silver, vermay - but I stay away from those)

Now Liquidation Channel has forever lost my business....see my Columbian emerald thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results