shape
carat
color
clarity

THEY''RE HERE! First gemmies: Sugarloaf Amethyst and Tsav

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
And one more in diffused sun!

February 2010 075a.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving your new pics, vc! And that last one of your tsav is much more like the vendor hand pic - very nice! Are you headed out to Quest soon with the ammy? It''s such a great size on your finger and will make an amazing ring.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 10:00:08 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
All these sugarloaf threads make me hungry. I don''t know if it''s the name coupled with the fact they look like yummy gumdrops.
3.gif

Very pretty amethyst, and is that the same tsavorite in the vendor photo? I thought for some reason it was over a carat, but I might be thinking of some other stone. The color is very saturated for a small stone. Enjoy!!
31.gif

TL, That would be me... (I think..)
I''ve been a bit busy lately so had to ask Eric to hold the stone for a while, but I finally managed to purchase it earlier this week - I''m now (patiently) waiting for the package to arrive!

vc10um - Both stones look fab! Eric''s pic of your tsav looks so similar to the one I got... I hope my tsav is as gorgeous as yours!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Better pictures and both stones obviously love the sunlight too.
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
cellentani: For you to love my pics is a HUGE compliment! I can''t wait to see what they look like when YOU photograph them!!!
36.gif

virgoruby: I hope your gem from Eric is just as lovely! Thanks for the compliments!

chrono: This is my first time photographing gems, and with a point and shoot, so I''m glad I''m improving! Both stones bask in the sun, but man, that tsav loves some low sunlight!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
vc, what kind of camera do you have again? Is it a PowerShot?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 4:58:03 PM
Author: cellentani
It''s a Fuji FinePix, circa December 2006.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 5:05:06 PM
Author: vc10um

Date: 2/27/2010 4:58:03 PM
It''s a Fuji FinePix, circa December 2006.
Hmmm, seems to take nice pics. It would be very interesting to get together and compare! Panera has nice lighting.....
31.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW you did GREAT for your very first colored stone purchase.

Both gems are just lovely!! Congrats!!
9.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 6:34:36 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
WOW you did GREAT for your very first colored stone purchase.

Both gems are just lovely!! Congrats!!
9.gif
Thanks, Stone Hunter! I learned from the best!!!
9.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i can''t believe i missed this thread! congrats on your new gems vc, and you did awesome on your picks!
36.gif
30.gif
isn''t your or your BF''s birthstone an amethyst too? i remember us having this conversation about amethyst and peridot combos because my BF''s is amethyst and mine is peridot as well.

they''re gorgeous and i cannot wait to see them in person!!! i better bring my good camera and macro filter for the next GTG...hopefully we''ll get a place with better lighting.
2.gif

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! I can''t wait to see the finished product!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 3:13:49 AM
Author: vip0802
i can''t believe i missed this thread! congrats on your new gems vc, and you did awesome on your picks!
36.gif
30.gif
isn''t your or your BF''s birthstone an amethyst too? i remember us having this conversation about amethyst and peridot combos because my BF''s is amethyst and mine is peridot as well.

they''re gorgeous and i cannot wait to see them in person!!! i better bring my good camera and macro filter for the next GTG...hopefully we''ll get a place with better lighting.
2.gif
Thanks, vi!

Actually, our birthstones are pearl (me) and topaz/citrine (him). But our fave colors are purple and green...so I want to use ammy and peridot/tsav/chrome tourm in my wedding jewelry.
9.gif

I will bring them, and we will definitely do another GTG and I shall research lighting conditions. Failing all else, like cellentani said...Panera has great lights!

winternight, thanks! There will be pics of the finished product...I promise! I think the setting is coming out of my tax return, so sometime after that comes I''ll set it!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I think us DC ladies need a GTG to check out the Wittelsbach-Graff diamond at the Smithsonian. Then we can linger over pastries, coffee, and vc''s new gemmies!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 6:24:59 PM
I think us DC ladies need a GTG to check out the Wittelsbach-Graff diamond at the Smithsonian. Then we can linger over pastries, coffee, and vc''s new gemmies!

Methinks that is an EXCELLENT idea.
36.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, too bad I''ll miss out your GTG (I especially love Panera and hate the fact we don''t have one down here) but I just had to say that I am totally awed by your photographic prowess, particularly since it''s your first shoot! Both stones look gorgeous; I particularly love your tsav! How do you plan to incorporate it into your wedding jewelry?

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Ooohhh! How pretty!!! Love your first gemmies, vc10um!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stones, the colors are stunning!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
AustenNut: Thanks for your compliments on my photography! I''ve gotten a lot of macro practice after two Cherry Blossom Festivals out here and photographing the details of the blossoms. For wedding jewelry, I''d love to have JKT make me a key with my chosen stones to wear for my rehearsal dinner, as purple and green are the anticipated colors and I''d love to work in antique keys as a theme.

Luckyshe and Diamond*Dana: Thanks so much! I took them out this morning before breakfast! No buyer''s remorse here!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results