shape
carat
color
clarity

They need to shut the markets down worldwide!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
My husband came home today from his (evil corporate job) and he said they need to shut down the markets worldwide like they closed the US markets after 911. He thinks if they do this until the credit crunch is solved, they can open the markets back up again after that. He wants me to post it on the boards to get the idea out there. I would say call your Congressman but we all know they are out of session.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
So no one gets to trade because the markets are screwy? OK then
37.gif

I''m thinking we caused enough of a mess...maybe we shouldn''t be suggesting what other countries should do with their economy
33.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2008 9:15:13 PM
Author: purrfectpear
37.gif

I''m thinking we caused enough of a mess...maybe we shouldn''t be suggesting what other countries should do with their economy
33.gif
Yeah, like they WOULD listen to any advice from US at this point??
20.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Well, Russia closed trading because the numbers were looking bad... but then, they do that from time to time, don''t they?
closing trade until everybody''s ''bad feelings'' wear off a little is more accepted practice in other parts of the world, it seems... I don''t know what that does to those markets'' credibility...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t want to be picky, but isn''t nationalizing the banks enough change for one day?

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long does he think it will take for the credit problem to be solved?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the TARP program is supposed to begin next week. (That is the acronym for the bailout thing). I see that many overseas markets have halted trading. It shouldn''t take that long. But the problem in the markets now is the panic. If the credit markets show signs of life, the fears will ease.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 9:17:35 PM
Author: ksinger

Date: 10/9/2008 9:15:13 PM
Author: purrfectpear
37.gif

33.gif
Yeah, like they WOULD listen to any advice from US at this point??
20.gif
Well, the way I figure it is, THEY can''t figure it out. I tried to call CNBC last night. They were having this thing where they have people call in. Couldn''t get though.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Nothing strikes up confidence in people like freezing their assets so they don''t even have access to it if they WANT to take it out--then when the markets re-open their stocks will most likely be worthless. When people are nervous about the market, they want access to their money, so shutting the market down would most likely have a very negative effect.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 9:19:42 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Nothing strikes up confidence in people like freezing their assets so they don''t even have access to it if they WANT to take it out--then when the markets re-open their stocks will most likely be worthless. When people are nervous about the market, they want access to their money, so shutting the market down would most likely have a very negative effect.
Yeah, a financial friend said the exact thing to me today... that when the market re-opens, the stocks would dip worse...

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 8:04:26 PM
Author:Allisonfaye
My husband came home today from his (evil corporate job) and he said they need to shut down the markets worldwide like they closed the US markets after 911. He thinks if they do this until the credit crunch is solved, they can open the markets back up again after that. He wants me to post it on the boards to get the idea out there. I would say call your Congressman but we all know they are out of session.
No way. It won''t work to close the asian market.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2008 9:47:31 AM
Author: LaraOnline

Date: 10/10/2008 9:19:42 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Yeah, a financial friend said the exact thing to me today... that when the market re-opens, the stocks would dip worse...
i agree with your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results