shape
carat
color
clarity

They just keep sending it anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Real Simple Magazine . . . I ordered it several years ago, then decided that all the articles were basically the same and resolved to let my subscription lapse. I haven''t paid a bill since fall of 2004. But they just keep on sending it (with periodic notices about how they were really, really going to stop sending it if I didn''t resubscribe).

So then when we moved, I thought, hmmm, maybe I can update my mailing address without having to pay (I don''t like it enough to pay for it but don''t mind getting it for free). They have this thing where you can choose to be billed then or be billed later (um, how about later?). I did have to send in some response card verifying my new address, and then they sent another bill. Finally they gave in and I just received my August issue.

I guess having x subscribers to tell their advertisers about is more important than the $22 or however much they charge for a year subscription. But I just wanted to let you guys know in case you are paying for it. I guess I''m a bad girl.
11.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe you're just lucky!
2.gif
They sure stopped sending mine when I stopped paying.
3.gif
Each address label has the date of when your subscrip is supposed to end. What does yours say? Maybe someone gifted you a subscription?

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
It says July 08. When I log in to my account, it says the last payment received was October 2004. ???

I guess I am lucky! My mom and sister both got it for a while after they stopped paying too, but I''m not sure if they still are. I''ll ask.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi. My name is Surfgirl and I am a magazinaholic. Please, send your free subscriptions to me.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Surfgirl

PS: I intermittently get a subscription to a dive magazine that I never bought, nor did anyone send to me. It comes for a few months, then disappears, then re-appears. It goes directly from my mailbox to my recycle bin but what can I do? I tried canceling it but it doesn''t seem to stick!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so jealous...like a month ago my US Weekly stopped coming and I had no idea why. I don''t think it expired but I just can''t seem to get around to calling them. I might just buy it again on eBay but what happened to it, I don''t know?!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 6:21:03 PM
Author: Mara
I am so jealous...like a month ago my US Weekly stopped coming and I had no idea why. I don''t think it expired but I just can''t seem to get around to calling them. I might just buy it again on eBay but what happened to it, I don''t know?!!

I am so addicted to US weekly. If mine stopped coming I would put it at the top of my to-do list!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Phoenixgirl: free is free. Maybe it''s some bureaucratic mistake in magazine land, and by the time they figure it out, you will have been recieving free suscriptions for a year. In any case, enjoy it while it lasts, and don''t fret over it. Kind of cool though, there''s full of magazines I don''t like enough to pay for but wouldn''t mind getting a *free* suscription too. Mistake or otherwise.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I kept getting cosmos, teen vogues, the like. I am not the kind of girl who reads these magazines! I had to keep insisting that I really hadn''t subscribed, and my roomies were all "sure, sure".

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 6:22:47 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 7/10/2007 6:21:03 PM
Author: Mara

I am so addicted to US weekly. If mine stopped coming I would put it at the top of my to-do list!
I know I am too but lately I just have been so busy and every time I go to my neighbor''s house I see hers and I''m like I HAVE TO CALL but then I go home and it flies out of my head. Maybe it''s my brain''s protective mechanism against future trash gossip reading hehee.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Every once in a while I start getting a subscription I didn''t sign up for... it''s usually my aunt''s idea of a gift. The thing is, I never get a card saying it is a gift... I just start getting the magazine... it''s happened so often I usually just assume it''s her. She signs me up on school fundraisers and such. Sh''es sent me about 10 subscriptions over the last 8 years.

My Real Simple is paid for, but what annoys me is that as soon as I renew, they start telling me its time to renew again! I get those "you have 2 months left" notes and then look at my label and I have 10 months left!!! Maybe our records are switched???

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Free subscriptions are fun! My mom got me a subscription to Cottage Living and I love it, lol. One of my crazy family members, who is also under the impression that I recently had a child, got me a subscription to Parenting magazine. You should have seen the color of red my face turned that day. DH thought it was the funniest thing in the world... hmph. She just won''t listen to the several family members that keep telling her, "No she GRADUATED in May, not gave birth in May. She is not, nor was she ever PREGNANT!"
20.gif

*M*

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
My husband''s subscription to Business Week ended, and he decided not to renew it. He kept getting it and thought "hey this is great." Well a couple months later it finally stopped coming, and several months after that, he received a collection notice! At first we thought it was more of a joke, but upon researching it, it turned out to be legitimate. It took a while for the whole situation to get resolved, and in the end, he simply wished they hadn''t kept sending him the magazine, as it wasn''t worth the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results