shape
carat
color
clarity

these days....are women marrying men that are a lot older?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
like 12-15 yrs older?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
No way!!!
My mother always thought she was a 'special girl' and went for the oldies. but they turn me off, personally!
11.gif
12.gif

So, I'm saying its happening no more or less often than it ever has...?!

ETA: my response is somewhat tongue in cheek, btw!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
*shrug* I don''t know anyone who has... why?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2008 8:23:02 AM
Author: anchor31
*shrug* I don''t know anyone who has... why?
last three wedding that i attended the bride and groom avg 13 yrs apart.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see the trend going the other way.
more cases of the woman being older.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t noticed any change. One of my neighbors seems to be 10+ years older than his wife. I don''t think means a lot since it is only one couple out of 150 homes.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it all depends on the couples maturity and compatibility, not so much on age. I do have a girlfriend that will date someone up to 12 years older than her but it is based on maurity but if she finds a mature guy younger than her then she will date them. What has you pondering this subject DF; have you seen this lately?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I don''t thnk it''s a common thing, no. Why do you ask?

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I dunno, but if I ever do it again... younger MUCH younger!! Whoo-Hoo!! (Hubby is one year younger than me)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2008 4:58:15 PM
Author: Skippy123
I think it all depends on the couples maturity and compatibility, not so much on age. I do have a girlfriend that will date someone up to 12 years older than her but it is based on maurity but if she finds a mature guy younger than her then she will date them. What has you pondering this subject DF; have you seen this lately?
when we got marry in the 80''s seems like all of my friends were like 3-5 yrs older than their wife,but now i go to weddings were i see husbands that are 12-15 yrs older than their wife.

i told my wife....i should of married a "young chick"
31.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I think age is relative. My fiance is 9 years older than me but we are a match on many different levels. He also looks very young so that helps. I would only raise an eyebrow if the woman was much younger (like in her 20''s) and the husband was obviously in his golden years. I really don''t like the Hugh Hefner type.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a total generalization, but I would actually agree with you that it seems like a lot of women are marrying (or just dating) guys that are a fair amount older than them these days. I think both men and women are taking a lot longer to grow up and settle down than they used to (I''m not saying this is bad at all) and I have a lot of friends my age who are dating very young looking and acting guys who are 34-37 years old. Me and most of my girlfriends are 25-28. I would say that guys especially are taking longer to grow up and settle down than girls, which is probably part of the age discrepancy. Again, total generalization, but for me and my circle, it''s definitely true.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not true here either. I''m 45 days older than BF, his sister turns 40 this year and her BF is 47 (ish?), my best girl friend is 25 and her BF is 24, another friend is 23 and her hubby is 23, another friend is 24 and her hubby is 30.

So the closest would be my parents who are 8 years apart-and they got married in the 70s.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tee Hee, I am 4 years Older then my hubby
9.gif

On the other hand, my cousin married a man, who is 17 years older then she is.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tee hee. Actually, he was the first younger man I dated too. But... we were best friends for 2 years, before we fell in love.

(I wish I could use the little emooooooties, but Firefox won''t let me. )

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
My brother''s fiance is in her, ahem, late 40''s while he is only 33. So sometimes it works the other way around lol.

My DH is only two years older than me.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I only know two people my age (mid 20''s) who have done this, most everyone I know is in a relationship with a <5 year difference...

...and I know I''m being close minded, but honestly, I can''t help but think it''s kindof weird to be much older or younger than your partner. Half the fun DH and I have is growing at the same pace together. I would be so frustrated if my partner had lived through an entire decade or more of experiences that I have yet to experience, though I guess some people might find this interesting or fascinating.

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
I''m 35 and my DH is turning 47 in a couple of months.....and I think he''s fabulous. I love his steady maturity, he''s so secure in himself....and the fact that like nearly all men of any age he can still be silly and act like a 12yr old despite all of this.
28.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
From the time I was 18 to 30 I always dated men considerably older than I (10 to 20 years older). I had absolutely nothing in common with young men and had no interest in "growing" with them. I was interested in men who were already accomplished in their career, who had completed their education, and who I could learn from. When I was in my 30''s the gap was usually smaller (5 to 10 years older). When I was 45 I began dating younger men (in their mid to late 30''s). Now at age 55, I just don''t bother. I''ve been there, done that, and have a closet full of T-shirts
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2008 9:03:15 PM
Author: purrfectpear
From the time I was 18 to 30 I always dated men considerably older than I (10 to 20 years older). I had absolutely nothing in common with young men and had no interest in ''growing'' with them. I was interested in men who were already accomplished in their career, who had completed their education, and who I could learn from. When I was in my 30''s the gap was usually smaller (5 to 10 years older). When I was 45 I began dating younger men (in their mid to late 30''s). Now at age 55, I just don''t bother. I''ve been there, done that, and have a closet full of T-shirts
9.gif
wow!!! you been around the block a few times.
9.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
You have no idea
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 9:22:36 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 7/14/2008 9:03:15 PM
From the time I was 18 to 30 I always dated men considerably older than I (10 to 20 years older). I had absolutely nothing in common with young men and had no interest in 'growing' with them. I was interested in men who were already accomplished in their career, who had completed their education, and who I could learn from. When I was in my 30's the gap was usually smaller (5 to 10 years older). When I was 45 I began dating younger men (in their mid to late 30's). Now at age 55, I just don't bother. I've been there, done that, and have a closet full of T-shirts
9.gif
wow!!! you been around the block a few times.
9.gif
HA!! I think you have too DF!! You start all these threads, makes me go Hmmmm.
11.gif
JK!!! Love to tease you.
ETA, I haven't seen this with my friends. I only have two that have divorced and they are marrying within their age group.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2008 9:26:03 PM
You have no idea
31.gif
23.gif
can i get a copy of your diary?
34.gif
31.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
i have one friend who married a guy 14 yrs older than her, other than that everyone else is no more than 4 or 5 years apart from their husbands/fiances.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2008 11:40:58 AM
Author: strmrdr
I see the trend going the other way.

more cases of the woman being older.

I''ve got to attest to the same, at least for young professionals. I''m in my early twenties and I know of at least four very serious relationships with an older woman, younger man (married, engaged or living together). F24/M23, F23/M22, F23/M22, F25/M23, F28/M27. And my best friend just started dating a boy who is four years younger than her! Granted, the age differences aren''t very drastic but I still find it to be pretty refreshing. I am getting tired of the "sugar daddy" cliche, and us ladies need to find us some young, virile boys, no
31.gif
?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee hee! I always tease DH that I must be a "cougar" . . . I''m five months and three days older than he is! LOL!
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My husband is 5 years older than me, and about that same age difference is true of most of my friends. That said, I used to like dating older (10 - 15 years older than me) before I met my husband, but even though he was on the "young" side for me, I liked him the best ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results