shape
carat
color
clarity

there must have been something in the water this weekend....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

htupper

Rough_Rock

....because I GOT ENGAGED TOO!!!!! lovey, jennyt, me. wow! and not even a holiday! I''m sorry that I haven''t written sooner but the past two days have been a whirlwind. So here''s the story..... I knew that it would be happening soon but just didn''t know when.

We went out to a really nice and romantic dinner at this cozy little restaurant on the Upper East Side. He had suggested earlier in the week that we go to Central Park while it was snowy and pretty. So after dinner we took a cab over to the park. He strategically had the cab drop us off at the corner of 59th and where the horse-drawn carriages wait and as we walked to the corner he said casually "ever been in one of these?" Now, mind you, i had pretty much figured out that it would happen that night but didn''t quite know how. the second he said those words I knew the time was close and it was so exciting!! the rest of the ride was kind of a blur but somewhere around Wollman rink he turned to me and said "remember how i said the other night that I wanted to wait until the summer to get engaged? well, that''s not going to be the right time for me. I want to do it sooner. I want to do it now." and then the ring came out and there were gasps and i cried and he cried and the rest of the ride was a blur! it was amazing! our driver, Jesus, turned and asked us if it was a holiday because we were the second engagement of the night. Like i said, must have been something in the water this weekend! Anyway, it was amazing and the last few days have been so exciting and memorable. Too bad I have a thesis to work on because i would much rather be researching gowns and cakes and flowers, etc! We haven''t picked an exact date yet but we are thinking sometime in spring 2006, perhaps May 6 which would be exactly six years to the date from when we met.

Now, for the ring. I don''t even have the exact specs because i haven''t even thought to ask for them. All i know it that it is completely goregous and i swear it gets more gorgeous by the hour! I do know that it is a 1.25 c, round, Ideal cut (so it''s SUPER sparkly), four prong setting in simple platinum band. I have one hand pic that i will attach but it''s from far away. Does anyone have advice for close-up pics. everytime I try to zoom in it gets really fuzzy.

so that''s my story. I feel a little bad announcing this because i haven''t been a member for that long and there are some of you saints who have been waiting a lot longer and perhaps "deserve" to be the ones making an announcement like this. But it is nice knowing that it will happen for everyone sooner than perhaps you think. Thanks to all of you for your sage advice and support!

jan29.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
B-girl!!!! Congrats!!! What a beautiful winter-wonderland-in-the-city proposal
30.gif
30.gif
So sweet....and such a beautiful ring--can''t wait to see more pictures.

Hooray! Wear that baby in love and good health!
30.gif
1.gif
1.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!!! Sweet, sweet story and beautiful ring!!!
1.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! What a romantic proposal!!! You and your man have been together a long time, so your short amount of time on PS is nothing to worry about! I can''t wait to hear about your wedding plans!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh don''t feel bad- we know you deserve your ring too!! congrats, what a great story and your ring looks like a beauty...

best wishes for a wonderful future
36.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
YAY YAY YAY!!! Congratulations B-girl!!! And what a sweet proposal ~ it definitely must be something in the water!!! I can only imagine what a beautiful scene that was to be in, Central Park, snow, carriage... Awww...

The only advice for picture taking is to see if your camera has a macro setting (usually depicted by a tulip looking graphic?). On my camera I selected macro, turned off flash, held the button 1/2way down so that it could focus on the ring, then clicked away. Even fuzzy, it looks super gorgeous!!!

YAY again!!!

htupper

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the congrats and the picture advice! i will definitely try it out. Sorry the last pic turned out so HUGE! i will correct that when i post more.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
congrats b-girl.

I think that January 29th is a very special day. Three LIWs got engaged.. (and that random person that was in your carriage before you too!) and it is also my mom''s birthday as well as the birthday of two of my co-workers and a THIRD co-workers baby was born on saturday too!!! I think its a just a fantastic day!!

i have a thesis to do too.. but I find wedding planning much more entertaining (I AM SUCH A BAD GIRL!!)

As for photos.. i don''t know what sort of camera you have but with mine.. which is very high in megapixels but not so good with zoom and closeups... i find it is easier to take the picture from a bit further away so the ring can be in focus, and then instead of sizing the picture down I crop just the ring into the pic.. So I get a smaller but much closer up pic of the ring.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
what a beautiful proposal story! And tht is quite a sparkler you have on your finger, blurry picture or not! Congratulations!

btw...are you sure you are in macro mode for your close up shots? Usually there is a picture of a little flower on your display in most cameras.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Yay! Congratulations!!! Sweet proposal by your fiance too! Even thought its blurry, its obvious that your ring is so pretty!!
1.gif
I hope you''re able to figure out how to get us some more pics! I honestly don''t know how you''re going to stay concentrated on graduate work when you have that big sparkler on your finger
1.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Awww B-Girl, my fellow ''in the house'' girl, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
It''s sounds like a scene from a movie and will be the vision for years to come when you tell your story.
I''m so happy for you!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Wow! Triple congrats. It was a fantastic weekend for the PS ladies.
36.gif
Congradulations graduate!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif
Now get practicing with that camera so we can get better pics of that awesome ring!
30.gif
9.gif
2.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! What a romantic proposal! Just perfect. By the way, you think you ladies could send some of that water out my way
2.gif

Can''t wait to see more pics. The ring looks gorgeous even in the blurry state.
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
B girl! Congrats on your engagement. It sounds so romantic, and the ring is beautiful!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations from me too B-Girl!!! What a wonderful story -- and so weird how you just "knew" -- even though he told you it would be summer!! You shouldn''t feel bad at all about sharing your engagement news with all of us -- it is a WONDERFUL thing regardless of when it happens -- never compare yourself to anyone here!! So many people here don''t even know about PS until they are seriously looking at rings -- so they KNOW it''s going to be soon!! That''s the case with me anyway -- I mean I had never even heard of this place until I did a couple of searches on "Asschers" on the internet.

again -- just love your story!! and I love that you were in the park and near Wollman rink - I mean those things will probably (good lord I hope so) be there forever -- so you will always be able to "re-live" the experience! Congratulations!!!! And I must say that you are SO STRONG to be able to work on your thesis at a time like this!!! I could never!! lol!!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
B-girl!! Congratulations! What an incredibly sweet proposal and a beautiful sparkly too!!!!! It is one of my co-workers dreams to experience her proposal during a carriage ride through the park. That area is soooooo beautiful at night. Were the trees by the rink all lit up with white lights?

It''s funny, last Thurs I remember thinking.."man, I really need some LIW grads so that I can get my bling fix"...and now there are THREE of us in one weekend. YAY!

We should start bottling the NYC water.
2.gif

I''m so happy for you!
36.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Sounds like a wonderful wintery proposal! And fun to think of future carriage rides on anniversaries!!!

As for pictures, use the macro like everyone has said, but you still cant get right on top of the ring (digitals are nice for this because you can tell when its too close). Then in your picture program, you can crop in on the ring and enlarge it from there. PM me if you need more specifics.

Congrats again, and DEFINATLY think yall should start bottling that NYC water... im sure the LIW would buy it by the case!
2.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Wow, three in a row. B-girl, Congratulations!!! What a sweet proposal. I''m so happy for you and your fiance.
Enjoy being on cloud nine. Lovely ring! Please share more pics!
1.gif

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Congrats B-girl! I don''t think it matters how long you''ve been here -- you''ve clearly been patient! :) What a romantic proposal! You must have been so cold!!! :) What a pretty ring!!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
B-girl, how awesome!! What a beautiful and romantic proposal!!
1.gif
Don''t you feel bad for a second for popping off the list before some of us, it just means you waited longer to find the club, not that we waited longer for the Big Q.
1.gif
I''m very happy for you!! :)

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!! I wish you much happiness in your life! Your ring is classic! and beautiful!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Aw - a carriage ride is so romantic! Your ring is gawgeous, darling. I can''t get closeups to work either. Congratulations!!!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Much congrats B-Girl. I am so happy for you. Hope you are able to get some more pics of your beautiful ring soon to share.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results