shape
carat
color
clarity

The wedding fun continues...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennyt

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

Just a little update...We have looked at some reception locations (so much fun!) and some church ideas and I''ve even picked my bridal party! Five bridesmaids...wish me luck!

I just wanted to take the time to tell everyone that honestly and truly, once you''re engaged, you will NOT feel badly about your boyfriend waiting a long time and you won''t care about all of those people who used to ask, " When are you getting engaged??" You''ll be too busy planning the damn wedding!
2.gif

Seriously, this wedding stuff is time consuming!!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
JennyT ~ Oh, I totally agree with you!! My *fiance* just got through telling me that he thinks I am spending too much time on "this wedding stuff".... Aaagh!! Seriously... I thought I had PLENTY of time considering we''ve set the date for May 27, 2006, but there is so much to be done and decided!!! There truly isn''t enough time to worry about all of those people that were wondering when it would ever happen. Glad you been able to visit some reception locations & get some ideas!! We have booked our chapel and photographer, about to book the reception site & DJ... And I''m trying to win my dream dress on Ebay... If I win it then I''ve got the BM dresses narrowed down to a few choices, but not locked in on all of the wedding party... It makes my head swim!!! Good luck!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
grrr - ALREADY POSTED THIS but PS HATES ME!!

Teebee- YAY! we are OFFICIALLY date twins! and you OFFICIALLY have more booked than me. I was just thinking today how I should get working on a photographer. I have two in mind that I really liked from the bridal show, and I want to look into the one that works out of my bridal shop.. because how convienient would THAT be? The bridal shop one doesn''t do the digital albums though.. and thats a must for me. I was going to wait until after my friends wedding and see how her pictures turn out because her photographer is supposedly really cheap.. but I think I am just going to go ahead and meet with the ones I liked from the show. the one is only one guy, so he could very easily get booked for my date.. The other I think has a few photographers.. but still.
I wish I had my reception site booked too. .but I am still waiting to hear from them. I don''t know how much longer I really want to wait though.

We looked at wedding bands yesterday, but was very disappointed in the selection at my jewlery store.. And also with the nerdy sales guy we had to deal with. When we ordered my e-ring we dealt with the head guy and he was absolutely GREAT. This guy knew his stuff, but he seemed to be nervous... which made me nervous.. lol. And he went into this whole speil about why I shouldn''t get an eternity band but instead get a half eternity and solder my rings.. I am NOT soldering my rings under ANY circumstances!!!

I sort of felt like they had mostly old lady jewlery there. I had never really looked at their engagement ring selection, because we were onyl interested in ordering mine.. but their e-ring selection was pretty pathetic. They had only 3 "classic" diamond solitaires that I can remember.. two had really thick bands that I didn''t like and the 3rd was just microscopic. I can only recall one with a nice eternity looking band e-ring, and it had a weird looking frame thing around the diamond. It wasn''t a bezel..because the diamond was set above it.. whats it called? They did have two AMAZING 3 stone rings with emerald center stones. One had emerald side stones and the other had half-moons.. and they were BIG center stones. I was drooling on them.

But I emailed signed pieces to get price quotes from them on their eternity bands.. The 1ct one is only $996 in 18k WG for my size (size 3)! The half carat is $615! i haven''t decided which size I want to go for yet..I have a feeling I''ll be getting one of those though, and not one from my jeweler.

We also found the apartments we want to live in after we get married yesterday too! they''re SO cute!

Hmm. I''m off topic.. but its SORT of wedding planning related!

Melissa

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
MS ~ Ha! Sounds like your head is swimming just like mine. It seems like everytime I get something crossed off my list, I think of something else that I need to do or research... One reason I''ve really tried to get on top of booking some of these things is that Eureka Springs is a pretty small place (although there are about a zillion places to get married there) and there are a limited number of vendors in the town or surrounding areas and from browsing around on the Arkansas board on theknot.com I noticed there is another girl planning her wedding for the same day & same location as me!!!!!!!! The chapel books 4 weddings per day so I guess it worked out that she and I wanted different times but I wanted to make sure I booked my vendors ASAP before she got to them first!! And the photographer.... Well, I just looooooooooooove pictures so I determined right away that the photos would be a priority. The guy I hired had a big photo album online of a wedding from last summer in the same chapel & reception location as mine and they turned out so great. He works with his wife and they are not cheap, but when I researched other photographers they were charging about $1000 more to have 2 photographers so I went ahead and booked him. Currently, I''ve been outbid on the ebay dress & I''m going to be in class when it ends so I think I''ll just enter my max bid before I go to class and see how it ends up. I''m having dinner with a friend tonight and she happens to work in the only bridal salon in Oklahoma that carries Lazaro so I''m going to see what she suggests ~ I just can''t really justify spending over $1500 on a used dress that I''ll still need to have altered and fix a few things. Then again, I can''t at all justify spending $3000 on a new gown... As for the wedding bands, I''m sure we''ll have Whiteflash make one to match the e-ring. I agree with the soldering thing ~ no way!!! I kinda hope you go with Signed Pieces ~ they''re prices are just really excellent & they''re customer service was totally on the ball when I contacted them.

I wish we could move somewhere else once we get married... Right now we''re in this really tiny house that I can''t stand. The house that I sold in Tulsa was so great and it was about 600 square feet bigger so now all of my furniture is just shoved into every nook & cranny ~ we have to turn sideways to get out of and walk past the bed... Oh well... someday...

Okay, I''m rambling and sounding like a crazy person!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Teebee- I really really hope you get your dream dress! Good luck!!!

yeah.. These are the two photographers I really liked at the bridal show
http://www.artshotphoto.com/ This one is the one that is just one guy. He is from poland and soo cute (like old man cute.. not sexy cute) His website doesn''t really work, but you can see some of his photos

http://www.saksphotography.com/ This is the other ones. This website is better, although its just been put up within the last couple weeks, when I saw them at the bridal show it didn''t work yet.

I really need to get on calling them.

And these are the little apartments we liked.
http://www.apartment.com/search/oasis.dll?page=AVgrandtour&view=2&property=102798.154.3&resultpos=0&area1=Y&subarea1=Y&twobdrm=1&allbaths=1&am4=3&mode=6144&status=12&state=NY&rgn1=113&prvpg=36&type_listing=1&srt1=0.22&srt2=0.18&srt3=0.73&Rent_Minimum=0&Rent_Maximum=9999&PhotoSlotNum=1#photos

There aren''t really any photos, but you can see the floor plan. I think I linked right to the floorplan we liked.. They''re so cute! And the place has SO much stuff, a pool, a gym, a tanning bed, basketball courts, tennis courts, a chipping green.. and the apartments all have central air and 1 or two balconies. We toured everything and the apartments are AWESOME inside.. the walk-in closets are AMAZING. I''d kill for a walkin closet now. I''m really excited. I wanna move in NOW!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Melissa - Your apartment looks cute - and it comes with so much stuff! I was in sticker shock when I looked at the price. Guess I''m jaded from always living in a big city. When do you think you''ll move in? Good luck choosing the photographer too, do you know anyone that''s used either of them?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
We probably won''t move in until about a month before our wedding, and then when I say WE will move in, I mean that I will move in. His mother is a really big.. no living together before marriage type.. No spending the night together either. It used to bother me, but it just doesn''t anymore. I would like to get in there and get somewhat settled before the wedding anyway. I''d move sooner, but I can''t afford the rent by myself.. at least not at this moment in time. I need to start looking for a full-time job.. (ick)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results