shape
carat
color
clarity

The Swan.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

new1

Rough_Rock
Finally figured out how to post pics duh....
Its not officially mine yet but FF says its ok to post pics. I''m so excited.

swan207.JPG

new1

Rough_Rock

swan307.JPG

new1

Rough_Rock

swan407.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous. Congrats! When will it officially be yours?

new1

Rough_Rock

swan507.JPG

new1

Rough_Rock

swan607.JPG

new1

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys. Not sure when it will be mine yet i''m hoping i don''t have to wait too long. I can''t wait to get that baby on my hand for good...

I don''t have the specs to hand but from memory its .82 H VS2. Bought from Mark in ERD in Manhattan who was recommended to us on here and who we would recommend to everyone. He had only a couple of days to fix us up and we were not disappointed.

new1

Rough_Rock
Last one for now...

swan707.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the profile of your setting. It is beautiful!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
OH NO NO NO NO!!
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

We need HUNDREDS more pictures. ASAP!!!!!!
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! That''s the setting that Irina, former PS administrator, designed, right? Very nice. Pre-congratulations on your engagement!
5.gif

new1

Rough_Rock
Nebe, I have some more pics to upload, i''ll do it later as I''m back on european time now & am a bit jet lagged!! I seen your previous post on the most beautiful solitaire settings did you get anything yet?

I had been lurking on ps for a long time and as soon as I seen the post from the designer when she was looking for a name i knew i had to have it.
The name finally given to it was so fitting and it reminded me of the film/book called "The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks. Every time I watch that film I cry like a baby, I think its the best love story ever....
I didn''t think i''d ever be able to have a ring like that i have quite large fingers 7.5 and didnt think a solitaire would look nice on my hand and thought that i''d need a really big diamond to make it look ok but I could not be happier with the .82 and it sparkles like crazy.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone and I just adore this setting. Here''s hoping you don''t have too long of a wait fore it''s on your finger!!!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful.

Irina is so talented.

Is she designing a lot now?? She should she is excellent at it.

Linda

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 9:48:03 PM
Author: new1
Nebe, I have some more pics to upload, i''ll do it later as I''m back on european time now & am a bit jet lagged!! I seen your previous post on the most beautiful solitaire settings did you get anything yet?
No! I STILL haven''t chosen anything. I''m getting a 2ct Jubilee cut, and I THINK I want a solitaire with a 2ct eternity wedding band.

...then again, a really nice pave would be good without a w-ring. I don''t know!
39.gif
I''ve looked at THOUSANDS of settings, mail viewed one, and spent countless weekends searching local stores. I''m pretty sure if I don''t find what I want in the next month or two, I''m going to start working with WF on a custom setting.
31.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irina is indeed talented...so neat to see the real thing! It''s beautiful!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful!!! I also would love to see some more close ups of the side view!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I hope it''s on your finger permanently one day soon!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I hope that he does not make you wait too long!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
New1,
I echo the Congratulations from the other posters ... and am excited for you! Do tell us the details about the proposal, too! I hadn''t thought about "The Notebook" but you''re right. I was also thrilled to see your post because I have my eye on a Swan also, and my finger is 6-3/4 to 7. The nearest Vatche dealer is about 3 hours from me, but he doesn''t have the Swan setting. I am wondering about the height of it ... could I possibly ask you to stand a ruler so that it measures the distance from your skin to the top of the diamond? And of course, tons MORE PICTURES!
BB

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love the profile view! Hope you don''t have to wait long!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The swan is so lovely! Congrats
36.gif

new1

Rough_Rock
Nebe, I know what you mean. I'd been searching and searching like forever before i came across the swan. I just felt that if its going to be on my finger for the rest of my life i want to absolutely love it. We passed a million jewellers in NY looking into their windows, there is no way i would have ever been able to select just one ring from such a large selection so at the end of the day i just thought the swan is a fabulous ring and i'd be very happy with it so we just bit the bullet and got that. I'm so glad we did cos i absolutely love it..
I'm trying to take more pics but the battery has run out on my camera now so i'll put up some later including some profile pics...
Butterbean you could ask your nearest dealer to see if they could get one for you to view. ERD in NY got one in for me to view and i was able to get it through them. I havent got a ruler to had for measurements but will sort that out and get back to you.
Back in a bit x

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 6:36:54 AM
Author: new1
Nebe, I know what you mean. I''d been searching and searching like forever before i came across the swan. I just felt that if its going to be on my finger for the rest of my life i want to absolutely love it. We passed a million jewellers in NY looking into their windows, there is no way i would have ever been able to select just one ring from such a large selection so at the end of the day i just thought the swan is a fabulous ring and i''d be very happy with it so we just bit the bullet and got that. I''m so glad we did cos i absolutely love it..
I''m trying to take more pics but the battery has run out on my camera now so i''ll put up some later including some profile pics...
Butterbean you could ask your nearest dealer to see if they could get one for you to view. ERD in NY got one in for me to view and i was able to get it through them. I havent got a ruler to had for measurements but will sort that out and get back to you.
Back in a bit x
New 1,
Apparently, you were one of the first to get that swan! Thanks for measuring for me - it will be a big help since it looks like I won''t be able to see in person right away. you would not believe how HOT HOT HOT this setting is!! I just got off the phone with one of their authorized dealers who is about 3 hours from me. I was naively thinking to take a little drive and try it on. The guy was extremely nice, and called Vatche for me twice, but was told the company only has 3 samples available to send out, and that he could be 17th on the waiting list. He was also told the catalog was in production, but would not be available until after Christmas. He said it''s shaping up to be the biggest demand they''ve seen.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What dealers carry the SWAN??? I was thinking of maybe putting one of my PADS in it.

Linda

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
I would assume that anyone who carries D' Vatche, would be able to order the Swan ... Winfield's and Good Old Gold come to mind first. And Vatche makes each setting specifically for your exact diamond measurements. That's why I tried the B&M storefront thinking they at least had a sample. Problem doesn't seem to be in having it made for you, but rather SEEING it in person BEFORE buying it.

Edited to say: Your PADS ????

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you ButterBean.

Linda

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
My pleasure. Please let us know how it works out for you.
emsmile.gif

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
what a beauty. very classy!

new1

Rough_Rock
Butterbean, sorry its taken me so long to get back to you with measurements.
I got my ff to measure for me (he''s very exact). Its 7.5mm in height. hope this helps you.
I''m going to put up some more pics too.
I can''t believe I could be the first person to own a swan
6.gif

I was lucky i suppose but Mark in ERD told me that the person who makes the swan is around the block from him in NY i hadn''t realised they were so scarce!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results