shape
carat
color
clarity

the story continues: looking for setting..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

un1matr1x

Rough_Rock
continuing my story here ..

to give readers some background info..
I reside in singapore. For my proposal ring, I''ve ordered an excellent diamond online, and now I''m loking for a nice setting to be done by a local jeweller in Singapore.

i notice that my girlfriend like the ring design at Soo Kee Jewellery for their Brilliant Rose, with ring design number: CR035. I''ve been trying to look for a picture of such a ring, but so far I came up short..

Just wondering whether any of you in/from singapore has any picture of this design?

un1matr1x

Rough_Rock
*sigh* still can't find the picture for it..

hopefully the jeweller knows the design I'm talking about.

If he's got no clue, i'll need to discreetly take the actual photos of the ring ..
hopefully that's possible

how should I describe it?
it's a 4 prongs design.
It has a criss-cross design for the crown, with 2 of the prongs come in from the left and another come from the right.
It similar to this, but it's 4 prongs, and the 2 prongs from the left are not connected to the right ring body below the stone, and the 2 from right are not connected to the left ring.

Arrgh. hopefully that makes sense.

The idea is.. my girlfriend doesn't like a design that engulfs the diamond, so something like tiffany 6 prongs classic design is out.
She likes to have a design that is slim, sleek, and the crown displays more of the diamond body compared to the tiffany classical design.

anyone has a picture of a design that fits to what i am trying to describe above?
1.gif

un1matr1x

Rough_Rock
Just saw the X-Prong design at whiteflash here

well.. what I have in mind looks like that.. but then again.. the left and right prongs should not be connected below the stone..

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
does it look anything like this?

eta: i just saw that you said they shouldn't be connected under the stone...hmmmm could you draw a picture of what you are talking about?
/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Is this what you mean? It''s a photoshopped image.

photoshopped_xprongs.jpg

un1matr1x

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies, I know i''m not very good at describing the design I have in mind..

alright.. let me try to draw what I have in mind..
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
goodsideview1.JPG

un1matr1x

Rough_Rock
for an artistically disinclined individual, it''s hard for me to draw the ring..
4.gif

JulieN, thanks for providing that picture..
i''ve attached a file to this post (not sure whether it''ll show up in the post).

Basically i''ve marked the prongs that are of concerned.
(forgive me if I use the terms prongs and hooks loosely, please correct me if I''m wrong).

In this case,: hook B should be connected to prong A, while prong C is not connected to the other side of the ring (in this picture, it should not have a joined part with right side of the picture).

Take note that i''m looking for a solitaire setting..

I''m gonna head down to the shop to try to get ring picture from them..

temp_diamond_pic copy1.jpg

un1matr1x

Rough_Rock
let''s try imagining this in ascii ..
4.gif

temp_asci.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something like this?

goodoldgold eighternity a.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

un1matr1x

Rough_Rock
alright..
the shop doesn''t have a photo of the ring design..
They''ve only 2 photos in their Fuego (their H&A ideal diamond range) brochure..

anyway.. i took a picture of the ring as displayed in the brochure
pardon the quality, i''m using a phone camera..

un1matr1x

Rough_Rock
sorry the picture didn''t get attached earlier..
let me try again..
here you go..

19022006(002a).jpg

un1matr1x

Rough_Rock
i realized that my ascii description above is a bit off..
Here I attach a modified ascii version

when I looked at the ring again today, I realize there''s a cushion (indicated with pink ring on the ascii picture) for the diamond that is connected inline to East-West prongs, and discreetly attached to the north-south prongs too.. the whole setting will give a clear view of the diamond from NorthWest to SouthEast direction..

And she juz loves the twist that the ring has..

temp_ascii2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results