shape
carat
color
clarity

The spinel search thus far!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve got some options to toss around and wanted to get some thoughts and opinions from those that have waaay more experience and knowledge than myself!

Jeff can''t do cushion or round in lavender spinel or sapphire. However, he can do a longer shape, like oval or elongated cushion or emerald in both spinel and sapph.

Michael E could do cushion or round sapph..but said he doesn''t necessarily know what the finished color would be, so it would depend on if I can take the plunge.

Waiting to hear back from GemRite and Dutton''s. I did hear from Dutton''s earlier this week and sent him some pictures of colors I''ve saved. The stone Wink found for me was out of my price range and he did email to ask what that would be, so maybe he''s still looking..it''s a hard search, to be sure!

I also emailed Dana last night at Master Cut Gems and asked about that spinel I''ve been looking at. I can''t remember who posted it in my other spinel thread. Dana sent me 2 more pictures this morning that I''ll post.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the pic from the website. Dana said it was taken outside with no flash.

mastercutgemslavspinel3.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the 1st he sent this am.

mastercutgemslavspinel1.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one he said the sun got him, so it''s glowing too much to get the details.

mastercutgemslavspinel2.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was unsure about doing an elongated cushion at first. I want to put the stone in a JM bezel and wasn''t sure how it would look..and then last night I was browsing DB and there were some stones set e/w-and I really like that look.

I was unsure about having a surprise color too..but that could be exciting!

Thoughts?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/27/2009 1:18:00 PM
Author: packrat
This one he said the sun got him, so it's glowing too much to get the details.
This last one looks purty!!!! if you like this, can you order and is there a return window? so you can view IRL to make a better decision?

ETA: but are there extinctions on that spinel?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These 2 newer pictures show a lot more promise. Are you local to Dana so that return shipping will not be a hassle? If so, I’d recommend taking a look at the stone in person.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for replying guys! Nope, not local, but he gave me a price and free shipping. He said he''s got a no questions asked return policy. I''d asked about sending my color pictures for him to compare too, and he said no problem, and that also it''s better obviously, to see it myself, so I think I''ll send my pictures, and also get the stone to look in person! (Then I can post my own pictures and see what everyone thinks!) I''m wondering about the dark areas..maybe that''s just the picture.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s on its way today! Cross your fingers, pretty please, that this is THE stone for me!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2009 11:44:10 AM
It''s on its way today! Cross your fingers, pretty please, that this is THE stone for me!
woot!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 11:44:10 AM

fingers-crossed-emoticon22.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh...I hope this is IT!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''m guessing Monday it will get here. He''s sending 2 spinel ovals also, close to the same color as the cushion, that I could either make earrings out of, or I thought about doing 2 stackers, one for me and 1 for London.

And, if this is the perfect stone, it''s also the perfect price b/c it''s just a shade over 1/2 my budget! So, I might still get to play some more!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the new stone!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha you know what''s funny? I''ve been here how long now, and have how many posts..and no projects of my own to show for it yet! I''ve still not sent my opal to be set either. I''m slow as molasses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results