shape
carat
color
clarity

The search continues...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shelly1170

Shiny_Rock

I was shopping with Damien on Sunday at our local mall (an upmarket one!). We stopped into a jeweller and tried on some rings.

We were at a jeweller called Gregory Jewellers (www.gregoryjewellers.com.au). The lady there was just lovely and so helpful. She bought out LOTS of rings for me to try and encouraged me to take my time and look around at other stores before deciding. She also offered lots of information about the stones and gave us approximate prices for replacement stones. We have our heart set on a 1ct centre stone in a platinum setting. The lady in the store suggested a diamond of F-G colouring with SI2 clarity would be a good starting point (as a minimum as we want platinum). She also explained about the different certifications. All this information was OFFERED which I thought was a good indication (?).

Now, on to the rings!

I tried on a 1ct H I1 centre stone with baguettes. It was in an engraved platinum setting and was very pretty but lacked something on my finger. (ring pictured below).

Next up I tried another engraved platinum. This one had .75 centre with 2 x .25 side stones, all round brilliants. The band was quite different and had a thin strip of yellow gold running around it. No pic, unfortunately, as it was a one off. This was my favourite as it really seemed to suit me (or "speak to me" as you all say!).

Lastly, I tried on a similar setting to the Tiffany Lucida. This had a G VVS2 1ct princess cut stone. It was in white gold but they could make it up in platinum. I actually really liked this ring but I don''t particularly want a princess cut. At least I now know that I want to try on the Lucida when I go to Tiffany!

I tried on several others but I wasn''t terribly interested in them so didn''t pay that much attention!

I had such a nice time and Damien was amazing! He said that I should take my time and enjoy it and he''s happy to come along for the ride. He suggests I "circle in" on my ring... start in the mall and suburban stores so that by the time I get to the "big end" of town (Castlereagh Street, Martin Place etc for those in Sydney) I''ll know exactly what I want!

Well, that''s week two of the ring search! I''ll update you after the next shopping trip (not for a couple of weeks

39.gif
)

gregory.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results