shape
carat
color
clarity

The Savannah Cat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know we're in the minority but it's time for the Savannah cats to have their own thread (please don't let me be the only one who posts here
24.gif

Here's Juba Kai when he was a mere sprite at 12 weeks. Usually the only good pics I can get are when he's asleep. He is faaaaast.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you lookin at?

whatyoulookinat.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mom says I''m an angel when I''m asleep but she says other stuff that I can''t spell when I''m awake.

zonked.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look into my eyes, you are getting sleepy, you will feed me tuna....

cutey.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to play in this thread... get ready for some pics though!
Here''s Mason right after we brought him home. He''s an F2 Savannah.

Masonbabyps.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I get bored, I play connect the dots on his tummy
9.gif

spots.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Baahhhahahhh... Look at those ears! Hysterical

Masoncouchearsps.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Matata and Crooked! Your kitties are beautiful!

I''m not very familiar with Savannah kitties - about how large do they get?

Are there any special things regarding this breed - as in care, food, etc - that would be different from that of a typical domestic housecat?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
The belly spots really are the cutest... and their bellies are so soft!

Masonbellyspots.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I may have posted some of these before... But I just love them!
This is my lil piggy eating... He just turned 1 and he still eats like this!

We even moved his food into a wooden wine crate, and we call it Mason's trough. It's the opnly way to contain the mess he makes!

Masonpiggyps.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Mason taking a lil break on a stool...

Masonstoolnapps.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhhhhhh love Mason''s ears! He is a cutie pie. Juba is also an F2. I''ve got him on a whole prey diet so he''s eating rats, quail, guinea pigs and for snackies, mice, chicks, & ground rabbit.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll stop boring you guy after this...
This was Mason a few weeks ago on his raft in the pool... And yes he swims too!

Masonsurfingps.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Juba is adorable!!! With his little black nose... just love it! You are going to have a blast watching him grow... they are non-stop entertainment! You will have pics galore. I leave my camera out at all times bc I never know what he may do.

We feed Mason all natural dry food, Life''s Abundance. The breeder swore by it so I stuck with it and he loves it. Rats and all that... I''m too much of a wimp! LOL

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Juba loves water also. I haven''t taken a shower alone since we got him. He''s always wet. I have to lock him up when I''m working in the kitchen because he keeps leaping in the kitchen sink -- soap bubbles & water all over the darn place. True to the Savannah form, he''s also too smart for my own good and has learned how to turn on some of the faucets much to the detriment of my conservation of natural resources ethic.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Though I do not have one, I think Savannah's are such cool cats. Had an opportunity to visit a local breeder to check them out, she had a huge F1 male, who was absolutely beautiful. Kittens she had were adorable & it was so hard to resist. Not sure if I am ready fo rsuch a high energy kitty, so my diva will be an only kitty for now.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I know there''s more Savannah owners here...
35.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my.... such precious pics! I love the one with Mason on the raft! Unbelievable! I could never let our kitties outside... I''m afraid they''d be eaten by oversized city rats!!

Here are some photos of Zoe, our F2. These are kind of old. Need to take some now that she''s older. She''s a little over 14 lbs. and I think that as big as she''ll get being that she''s almost 2yrs old. She''s a munchkin compared to how big the males get.

Crooked, Matata, How big are your babies now?

Here''s Zoe hanging out in my inbox...

zoe_inbox.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
And in a bowl...

zoeinbowl.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
And in the sink...

zoeinsink.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
She loves shoes... the stinkier, the better!! She''ll put her entire head in our shoes after they''ve been worn all day. And she loves to rub her face our our feet. She''s weird!

zoewithstinkyshoes.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
She''s not so sure about mom''s shoes. Better hit them as hard as you can to be sure they''re safe! LOL!

Does anyone elses cats do that... hit things so hard they fly across the room? She did that to me the very first time I met her. She can really hit hard! I saw a youtube video of a serval doing that to a toy. Maybe it''s characteristic of the breed?

zoeandshoes.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe in action... jumping up the wine cooler for a toy.

zoejump.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Portia! I love Zoe, she''s adorable! Mason isn''t interested in shoes, but he loves flowers.... So there are now no more fresh flowers in my house
15.gif
As far as hitting things... He enjoys smacking the dog just like in your pic. It cracks us up bc the dog is so ruled by the cat! And everytime I see a pic of them jumping like that I am still amazed. I actually think my Bengal jumped higher, for some reason Mason is kinda goofy! LOL But we love love love him!

Right now Mason is up at his Grammie''s house (my Mom...hehe) hanging out with her Bengal while were are going in out out of town a lot.

Oh and PS... I don''t let him out... He tends to let himself out bc he opens doors, but I do put him in the pool with us!
9.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
CR, That''s so funny that the cat rules the dog! LOL! The hitting behavior is really weird and funny to watch. Whenever Zoe is really curious about something new or if she''s spooked she''ll creep up and hit the object. The other week it was a plastic container of cookies (the kind you get in the grocery store bakery). She hit it so hard (and it only had like two cookies left in there so it was really light) it went flying across the kitchen and landed on the floor... cookie crumbs everywhere. That completely freaked out all three cats and they went scattering in different directions. I could hear them trying to scramble... legs moving faster than their bodies but they couldn''t move fast enough... it was so cartoon-like. I was in tears! They came back to see what had happenen and they all fat tails and bristly hair! LOL!!

I can''t get over the raft photo. That is too cute!! I''d love to see more pool pictures! Wow... Zoe is lacking in the intelligence dept. compared to Mason and Juba. We even have lever door handles and she still can''t open a door. Duh!! Oh well, I guess that''s actually a good thing, right?

Matata, Juba is so adorable! Love the sleeping pics! What a sweet little angel!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s some current pics of the great hunter of the savannah plains (he''s 5.5 months now)

Caught!! sitting in the potted plant

caught400.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to figure out what to do without looking too guilty

close400.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pouncing on the photographer to take her attention away from his presence in the potted plant!

pounce400.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Helping with the dishes

dishhelper400.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The intelligence of this cat is sometimes scary. Each week we see huge leaps in his cognitive development. I used to feed him in the powder room but got weary of cleaning up the floor after each meal (he''s a rat, guinea pig, quail eater)so I bought a large wire dog kennel to feed him in. After the first meal he understood that''s where he''s supposed to eat and how I found that out is that same week he mastered jumping up on the kitchen island. The island has a small sink where I soak his food in warm water to warm it up. He stole his rat out of the sink while I wasn''t looking and I hear rattle, rattle, bang, bang happening. Go to look and he''s trying to stuff the rat into the kennel through the wires! The door was closed and he knew he was supposed to eat in there. He has since learned to open the door so he takes his food, runs into the sunroom where the kennel is, opens the door, and dines.

He also learned how to open the door on the dvd player after watching me do it once and now if we''re watching a movie and he wants attention, he pushes the button to eject the CD. Also learned how to operate the light switches. Coming from work each day is a treat -- I never know what I''ll find.

He has been studying the door knobs and water facets this week so I''m starting to worry about how to keep the house from flooding when we''re not home.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results