shape
carat
color
clarity

The ring is awesome. I''m engaged! Thanks GOG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilmaestro

Rough_Rock
I want to thank everyone who responded to the few threads I made a week or two ago when I was deciding on the diamond and setting I chose for the engagement ring I got from GOG. The ring arrived very quickly and I became engaged just as quick :) The ring is awesome of course!! I will hopefully take some pics when I get access to a digicam soon.

The only downside is the size is a tad too big on my fiancee's finger. It doesn't completely fall off, but it does slide around a bit and just looks a tad too loose. I guess this is not too terrible, but now we are faced with the decision to part with it again or not. Should we try to find a local place to size it? See if we can get it sized at GOG (which would mean packing it up for another UPS trip)? Try some sizing beads? I guess the preference would be whatever is most quick but of course we want the best for this new and perfect ring.

Thanks again everyone for the wealth of information here that you've all contributed to.

Jonathan

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Im glad your so thrilled with your new ring!
9.gif

Better to part with it a another week, and let you local store resize it though, its hard but you can do it! Congratulations! Wheres the PICS!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I agree - I know it is SO hard
14.gif
14.gif
but best to get it perfect now, then you have years to enjoy it and not worry about it slipping off or bashing the stone
32.gif
Be strong and congratulations!!!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrates!!

Depending on the complexity and warranty issues it may be fine to have someone local do it.
Talk it over with the folks at GOG and see what they recomend.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif

I agree with strmrdr, I would contact GOG see if talking it to a local jeweler will void your warranty.

Get pics soon please!
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if it is the case in the States, but there is a chap here who will do it while you wait
36.gif
Talk to Jon and then see if there is someone near you who could do this. Best to get it done.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to you and GOG! Looking forward to seeing pics soon!
2.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/9/2005 7:47:11 AM
Author: strmrdr
Congrates!!

Depending on the complexity and warranty issues it may be fine to have someone local do it.
Talk it over with the folks at GOG and see what they recomend.
In most cases sizing a ring down a little bit is pretty easy and there are a lot of craftsmen who can do an excellent job but Storm''s advice is dead on here. Start by talking with GOG about it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
how loose? Is it cold where you are? The weather can make a major difference in how it fits.

My rec is sizing beads.

jasper

Shiny_Rock
I agree with ame.

People's fingers change size,
depending on the weather and how much they are exercising.
When people are hot, blood flows to their fingers, and their fingers swell up.
When people are cold, their fingers become narrower.
And when people are sweaty, their fingers become slippery :)

I plan to have my college class ring modified
from its current size 7 1/4 to size 8,
but with sizing beads to accommodate size 6 3/4.
That will make it more comfortable regardless of time of year.
And because I talked to the class ring manufacturer ahead of time,
I will be able to get the work done without voiding the ring's warranty.
(The ring manufacturer will do part of the work,
and I will pay my local jeweller to do the rest.)

My fiancée's fingers change size more than mine do.
Her engagement ring has sizing beads to let her fingers go from 8 1/2 to 10 1/2:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/seattle-area-jewellers.18415/

-- Jasper
---------------------
www.folds.net/diamond

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations.

Oh and erings are supposed to be big.

All the gals (and the guys) gain weight after getting married.

7.gif

Don't need bait after you caught the fish.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha that''s become true for me. He hasn''t shown weight gain, I however...oink!

ilmaestro

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses all. I''ll definately give GOG a call on Tuesday and see what they thing. The ring isn''t loose enough where the diamond falls over sideways on her finger constantly, but it slides around a bit on her finger and the diamond moves side to side. Neither of us are really experts at judging how loose it is and how much of a downsizing should be performed. Perhaps if we were to end up going to a local jeweler they could tell us what they thought it should be sized down to. I''m guessing a quarter size down (from a 5 1/2 to 5 1/4) might be good.

By the way: We''re in northern california. The weather is pretty mild lately. It does get hot in the summer and somewhat cold in the winter, but I don''t think my fiancee''s fingers change all that much. For the most part they''re pretty small and bony.

jonathan

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id still say sizing beads before actually altering the ring in size.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like having the rings a bit loose, they got tight after I added the wedding ring and I had them sized up 1/4 size and now they are perfect. In the fall/winter, they clink together and the center stone moves around but I like it like that. I much prefer it over tightness. But some people don't like their rings to move at all. I'd have her wear them for a while or get sizing beads to see what she thinks before permanently changing them. Also in the summer (we are in N.CA too) my rings get a bit tighter due to heat swelling. So I like the differences from summer to winter. As long as they don't easily slide over the knuckle part, you would be fine if she wanted them a bit loose. My knuckles are a bit bigger so they can be loose on the finger but not over the knuckle.

Did you post pictures?!?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine are a nightmare over my knuckles, ANd yknow Im insane enough to think that pushing this half eternity over my fat knuckle is going to move prongs or misshape the rings...or whatever.

Whitefoot

Rough_Rock
DONT UPS IT DONT

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too like my rings a bit loose. My ring from Quest was made in the wrong size and I''m going to have my local guy size it for me. No way am I going to send it UPS now. Yikes!!! Can''t wait to see your ring from GOG!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results