shape
carat
color
clarity

The "Rich Friend"

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
When people say things like that, it actually says much more about who they are than it does about you.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvcarats|1430868282|3872671 said:
When people say things like that, it actually says much more about who they are than it does about you.

This is 100% true. I think what is universal is a lot of people don't understand why many of us here buy jewellery at all, they see it as some obscene luxury that must mean everyone has a certain level of wealth to be able to afford it. I agree with many previous posters - what they don't see is what people forgo to get it, they give up holidays, they work two jobs, they save up for something they really want. Other people like to spend money on cars, some on cigarettes and booze, some on clothing, some on their homes, others on things that are a priority to them.

I applaud wealthy people, those that save, and those that want to get ahead.... Most work hard and have nice lives because of working either harder or smarter or both - that is nothing to be ashamed of, provided they are decent human beings who still care for others less fortunate than themselves in any way they can then they should be free to spend their money how ever they wish. Anyone who tells any of you otherwise is not genuine or a friend.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1430876448|3872735 said:
iluvcarats|1430868282|3872671 said:

This is 100% true. I think what is universal is a lot of people don't understand why many of us here buy jewellery at all, they see it as some obscene luxury that must mean everyone has a certain level of wealth to be able to afford it. I agree with many previous posters - what they don't see is what people forgo to get it, they give up holidays, they work two jobs, they save up for something they really want. Other people like to spend money on cars, some on cigarettes and booze, some on clothing, some on their homes, others on things that are a priority to them.

I applaud wealthy people, those that save, and those that want to get ahead.... Most work hard and have nice lives because of working either harder or smarter or both - that is nothing to be ashamed of, provided they are decent human beings who still care for others less fortunate than themselves in any way they can then they should be free to spend their money how ever they wish. Anyone who tells any of you otherwise is not genuine or a friend.

That's true, and jewelry is seen as materialistic/shallow by many - almost morally wrong to spend a lot of money on it -but somehow it's OK to spend the same on travel or cars. I mainly keep quiet about my jewelry because it's a habit that's just too easy for others to insult.

I agree that in general, whenever anyone makes an undeserved snarky/mean remark, it's almost always a reflection of themselves and rarely to do with the target.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results