shape
carat
color
clarity

The "Please Help Me Find..." Thread!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's great Dee*Jay! You never know with online shopping if your "gold" item is going to turn out to be more like "rust." Glad it worked out - go Grandma!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
More help PLEASE!!!! I bought the Gloves, DeeJay, woot!

My cousin is 42 years old, and wants a beautiful scarf to wear to work. Okay, for $40-$50 what do you suggest? I don't wear scarfs; I use to have some cute ones but I can't even remember where I got them.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1354632665|3322175 said:

My cousin is 42 years old, and wants a beautiful scarf to wear to work. Okay, for $40-$50 what do you suggest? I don't wear scarfs; I use to have some cute ones but I can't even remember where I got them.

What a coincidence--my step mother just said this morning that she wants a scarf for xmas too!

Is your cousin looking for something to wear inside as part of an outfit (which is what I think you mean) or something to wear with a coat? What colors does she tend to wear? I find that rectangular scarves are more versatile than square ones, and the material it is made out of makes a big difference too.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any luck on the alarm clocks anyone or is it too boring to look for that? :saint: :bigsmile:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1354645985|3322319 said:
Any luck on the alarm clocks anyone or is it too boring to look for that? :saint: :bigsmile:

Holy cow--I have to confess I totally forgot! Will look now!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OK, let me see if I'm barking up the right tree with a couple of these. The first three are digital and the last one is not, but it seems like it would be easy to read. Give me some feedback and based on what you do/don't like I will track down some more. (And if I'm totally missing the boat, tell me that too!)

Look at the Moshi about half way down the options in this link: http://www.hometone.com/gift-guide-2011-alarm-clocks.html

Round LED clock on this page: http://www.betterlivingthroughdesign.com/category/accessories/clocks/page/7/

http://www.amazon.com/Advance-Time-Technology-Alarm-Display/dp/B002JINY90/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1354651147&sr=8-9&keywords=alarm+clock

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Bedside-Alarm-Silver-Tone-Metallic/dp/B001AVIQOK/ref=sr_1_57?ie=UTF8&qid=1354651253&sr=8-57&keywords=alarm+clock

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1354647258|3322338 said:

Is this too weird?

http://www.amazon.com/HITOSELLER-Wood-Grain-Alarm-Clock/dp/B008J1JYD6/ref=sr_1_1?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1354650235&sr=1-1&keywords=alarm+clock

LOL, I had this one on my list too but I figured I would just go with those three digital. Now that I look at it more, I think I might like this one the best!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1354634027|3322183 said:
Skippy|1354632665|3322175 said:

What a coincidence--my step mother just said this morning that she wants a scarf for xmas too!

Is your cousin looking for something to wear inside as part of an outfit (which is what I think you mean) or something to wear with a coat? What colors does she tend to wear? I find that rectangular scarves are more versatile than square ones, and the material it is made out of makes a big difference too.

one to wear with a suit or slacks and a blouse, indoors. If you find a nice one for your step mom, let me know. I think my cousin wears blues, reds and greens.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are awesome!

I like the Wood one, the Moshi, and the round LED clock.

But I think I like the wood one the best too.

Now I need to look at the reviews and stuff...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want this snowman.
I don't know if he is a statue, or a cooke jar or what. But I am hoping that one of you know and can help me with finding one.

If you guys find it, I'm gonna be really happy!

il_31.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Dee*Jay. I was on another computer with a different search engine this morning, so didn't have the shopping option! I feel a little silly now. Hee-hee. Thanks for the link!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't feel silly at all--that's what we're here for!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking for a white drum light fixture with a diffuser on a chain that can be hard wired. Seems all drum fixtures are on a rod now. I've found 2 on a chain, but they are plug ins really want it to be hard wired in the ceiling. Any lighting experts out there?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for trying dee*jay! I swear when I first saw the pin on pinterest I managed to find something clickable on that picture that gave me a name of the company or *something* b/c I went to a place that had the bedding listed out, but no prices...but then I didn't bookmark wherever I was and now I can't figure out how the heck I got there in the first place argh! It was one of those late nights hopped up on caffeine...

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*jay, yes that's what I'm looking for. I've found them as a plugin, but not hard wired. Thanks.

kefira

Shiny_Rock
Hey, packrat, I think that set comes from this site, but it looks like it's maybe been discontinued? They have a ton of cute decals and bedding themes, though.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kefira! I didn't see that bedding there so maybe you're right and it's been discontinued..figures!!! The did have some other cute stuff tho, so thank you!

kefira

Shiny_Rock
kgizo|1369514326|3453745 said:
I am looking for a white drum light fixture with a diffuser on a chain that can be hard wired. Seems all drum fixtures are on a rod now. I've found 2 on a chain, but they are plug ins really want it to be hard wired in the ceiling. Any lighting experts out there?

I was doing some online shopping, and found some of these types of lights and I remembered your question. I'm not sure what you mean by a diffuser, though. A dimmer, maybe? If so, I think that has to do with the type of switch you install, and of course a compatible type of bulb. But anyway, here are a couple of links to lights you may like.

http://www.bellacor.com/drum-pendant-lighting.htm
This site has a ton of drum pendants. I saw several with chains, looking through them.

http://www.wisteria.com/Marrakesh-Chandelier-New/productinfo/W9785/
Another option I saw which probably isn't quite what you wanted, but I thought I'd throw in out there.

Happy shopping!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results