shape
carat
color
clarity

The "other" addiction...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if anyone else has this problem but....anyone else addicted to scrapbooking?
30.gif
31.gif
31.gif
I love doing creative things like that.... or what else is everyone really into...other than jewlry, shopping and being in love with their significant others....
2.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Alexis, nice to "see" you again! It''s funny you brought up scrapbooking...for our first anniversary I gave DH a scrapbook with about ten full pages of memories and he loved it and asked me if I would keep up with it. It''s been sitting in a drawer in the t.v. armoire in the living room since then (3 years ago), and I haven''t touched it since! But our 4th anniversary is coming up this month and I was just thinking today that I need to get with it as far as updating it and adding things, I am always throwing ticket stubs and pics in that same drawer but I never break out the actual scrapbook and make more pages! Thanks for the reminder.

One of my other loves is knitting...
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like a blast. I stay away from it because I could see myself w/tiny little scrapbooking bottles or tiny kites or cakes all over the den. Or my hubby might throw some away by accident. Maybe someday. Glad you are having a blast!!!
35.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m starting to get into it. It started a few years ago when my sister gave me all her stamping stuff -- there must be $500 worth of stuff and it''s all great. She has good taste when it comes to crafts. Then we made our own holiday cards two years ago and the cards were darling -- we did a kit, so unfortunately I can''t claim creative license, but they really were darling. I''m fixin to do my own this year and I just bought some glitter! UH OH!!!

Now, I have a question about die cutting, if anyone knows. Is there any reason to buy the die cutting machine? I used a die cutter at my son''s school, but it seems to me if you have a kitchen cutting board and a bit flat board to lay on top of the dies and use a rubber mallet to pound that, why do you need the machine (that only works with its own brand of dies)? Am I way off base??? I cannot believe what they want for a really pansy die cutting machine, and then the dies are like $15 each, which is just crazy. I''d love to have the Cricuit, but again, $200 + accessories, for cardmaking and scrapbooking???? Makes me want to take my scizzors and cut out my own shapes, and scizzors need a lot less storage and take up less space on the table. But I''m still considering the dies if I don''t have to buy the machine, because I don''t really need that many so it''s not such a huge investment. Anyone ever tried that?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I heart scrapbooking - I started junior year in college and stopped sometime in grad school, just got back into it and now I''ve got about 2 years to catch up on! It''s so nice to have a creative outlet, and now that the wedding is over, I need creative projects to keep my brain happy :) I used to be addicted to creative memories supplies, but there''s just so much more options in craft stores (oooohhh and scrapbooking stores...
30.gif
) now and...well, I can''t afford the premuium stuff anymore! I do love CM''s albums though...anyone suggest a cheaper brand to look for that is still high quality?

About diecuts...I had a job where every now and then I had to make bulletin boards and I totally fell in love with the diecut machine. I think the mallet idea would work, but the machine is probably is just easier - definitely less labor intensive! How much does one cost? The one I used looked like it was a million years old and owned by the university - even though the "technology" is so simple I''m guessing it''s expensive just by the fact that all of the education majors would come to the same work area to use it...apparently, there weren''t too many on campus. Anyway, I agree, I think it''s easier to cut out shapes on your own!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info, Elmorton. The reason I don''t want to buy a machine is because then you can only use the dies that go with that system. It just seems so expensive, and maybe you''d only want to use the die for one or two projects. I have a shape cutter that I need to try out. My hubby got it for me last year for Christmas and I still haven''t tried it out. I need to see how it goes.

My husband told me yesterday he can make me some dies (!) but they have to be somewhat bigger ones (not the teeny tiny ones). He worked in a publications department in his last job, so he worked with some of the printers over the years and got to know some of their techniques. I think it sounds like a lot of work for what I want to do (make 20 cards?) but I''m very glad to know he has that technology!

I am getting very inspired for some Halloween, Thanksgiving and winter holiday projects. I also think I''m going to make and give sets of thank you cards this season. I usually print them on my computer, but I think I''m going to add a third dimension because I have some cool embellishments that would be fun to use on them.

For now I have to put the kids to bed and do the dishes. I can''t wait to get started once they''re asleep. See what you do on a Saturday night when you have kids???? Actually, it''s more fun than going to a movie or out to eat, for me, so that''s handy.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I had a scrapbook when I was about 10 years old and it was so much fun. So I was really excited last week when my mother gave me a Wedding Scrapbook, as a kind of prewedding gift. It has pages devoted to "Our Engagement", "Our Families", and of course a whole bunch of wedding pages for "finding the perfect dress", "my bouquet", etc, "the reception". I''m so excited to fill it out! No time yet though. It also had some post-wedding pages for "our first home" etc.

Is anyone else scrapbooking their wedding?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not, but good grief, my girlfriend down the street is. She spends all day on e-bay finding scrapbooking material. She even had her husband make her a scrapbook room. She has scrapbook parties 3 times a month. She called me last week to tell me her hubby took her credit card away, so she couldn''t charge anymore. LOL.

Linda

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock

I collaged my own clip art. We went fishing and took some pictures, then I made a cut out of the fish and collaged it with a background and framed it. Then I printed it out on matt photo paper 8 up, and voila, original scrap book cardstock!

sunfishclip2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results