carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 3:26:45 PM
Author: blushingbride
Thanks Curlygirl! But, wait - you aren''t supposed to BD on the day you ovulate??
33.gif
And then only once the day after since your eggs are only around for 24-48 hours right?
Yes, technically you are supposed to do it on the day you ovulate and we probably would have but DH fell asleep.
20.gif
I was positive we had missed our window but we did it the next night anyway. I think this worked in our favor in terms of gender swaying. The slow swimmers were still hanging around waiting to catch the egg or something like that!!! I honestly don''t have the scientific explanation, all I know is that it worked for us and the proof of it is sitting on my lap right now helping me type!! She''s actually pretty good!
emwink.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 12:43:25 PM
Author: jcrow
Date: 11/6/2007 9:17:56 PM

Author: sunkist

I have another question about insurance, too. In the Calling all Pregnant PSer''s thread I think JCrow, Tacori and others were talking about insurance not covering a pregnancy unless you''ve been with them for 1 year. Is that typical for all insurance agencies? My delema is I am thinking about changing jobs and therefore will probably be changing insurance agents, so is that not prudent considering that I would *like* to get pregnant in a few or more months? I don''t see how they can do that when sometimes things just happen unplanned.

no, my insurance COVERS pregnancy. what i was talking about is SHORT TERM DISABILITY. this policy does have a 10 month waiting period for pregnancy coverage. so you have to wait 1 month after signing up before trying to conceive in order to be covered 9 mos. down the road when you deliver. this policy is IF something were to happen and i''d be out of work... say on bed rest, which happens. with my company i don''t have paid days off for a delivery - except stored sick leave and vacation time which i may or may not have at time of a birth. so this policy would pay IF something were to happen during or before a delivery which would require me to be out of the office. does that make sense?

Hi JCrow, thanks for explaing that. Ya, it makes sense. And thanks to everyone else for helping explain too. It''s makes much more sense that insurance agents will cover your pregnancy, but maybe have to pay a little more or wait a short while for extras. Anyways, I''ll be looking into my policy. Thanks!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
You want to BD the couple of days before you ovulate, and it''s fine to BD on the day you ovulate... but your best chance of getting pregnant is your peak day, typically the day BEFORE you ovulate. Why? Because sperm lives for up to 5 days... if you guys are interested in the science behind this, definitely read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" as other people in this thread have mentioned. It''s great!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 7:09:14 PM
Author: snlee

Yay!! I''m excited for you EBree!

Thank you, snlee! It''s exciting, isn''t it!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 6:57:42 PM
Author: EBree
Well, I''m officially on day 2 of my first completely natural cycle off the pill. Yay! This last cycle coming off the pill was 29 days, which I''m happy with.

We haven''t yet decided to TTC this cycle, but if not this, then probably the next. It''s all so exciting, finally being here, off the pill, and onto a normal system. I don''t think I''m going to temp just yet, but I will be checking CM.

(I know, kind of random, but I have no one else to share this info with but my husband (boring!) or my TTC ladies!)

Ooo, that is exciting Ebree!
36.gif
So now that you are on the brink of TTC, are you feeling nervous about the whole idea of being pregnant and having a baby etc? Or do you just feel ready? I feel ready to do it all and have just been waiting to DH to say he is too, but I''m still nervous and have the tiny question in the back of my head if I''m really ready or not. I just wondered if you felt different now that you''re actually TTC.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2007 11:43:36 AM
Author: *Lindsey*
You want to BD the couple of days before you ovulate, and it''s fine to BD on the day you ovulate... but your best chance of getting pregnant is your peak day, typically the day BEFORE you ovulate. Why? Because sperm lives for up to 5 days... if you guys are interested in the science behind this, definitely read ''Taking Charge of Your Fertility'' as other people in this thread have mentioned. It''s great!
Thanks Lindsey! I actually just got TCOYF this weekend - it''s a very interesting read!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 7:09:14 PM

Date: 11/9/2007 6:57:42 PM
Well, I''m officially on day 2 of my first completely natural cycle off the pill. Yay! This last cycle coming off the pill was 29 days, which I''m happy with.

We haven''t yet decided to TTC this cycle, but if not this, then probably the next. It''s all so exciting, finally being here, off the pill, and onto a normal system. I don''t think I''m going to temp just yet, but I will be checking CM.

(I know, kind of random, but I have no one else to share this info with but my husband (boring!) or my TTC ladies!)
Yay!! I''m excited for you EBree!
I''m excited for you too EBRee! So, you haven''t gotten your first AF yet since coming off BC correct? I got mine a two weeks ago and was nervous that it would be like releasing the flood gates, but it wasn''t so bad. Cramping wasn''t bad either... I just pray that my cycles are regular so, I''m waiting to see what happens at the end of this one!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 9:18:40 AM

I'm excited for you too EBRee! So, you haven't gotten your first AF yet since coming off BC correct? I got mine a two weeks ago and was nervous that it would be like releasing the flood gates, but it wasn't so bad. Cramping wasn't bad either... I just pray that my cycles are regular so, I'm waiting to see what happens at the end of this one!

Thank you, bb! AF has indeed visited since coming off BC (today is CD 5) making a 29 day cycle, and this AF hasn't been bad at all. Barely any cramping and lighter than usual. I was afraid it was going to be awful, but maybe that'll be next month
11.gif
9.gif

sunkist- Some of the time, I feel like I'm 100% ready, and other times, I'm terrified! I think that's normal, though. It's one of the biggest changes a person/couple will ever go through, and it's important to be emotionally and physically prepared.

I find comfort in knowing that I've always wanted this, that there hasn't ever been a doubt in my mind about children. We've really thought it through, and we think we're almost ready.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
got a question for you ladies: did any of you who recently come off BCP experience any cramping mid-cycle?

i recently tried temping just to see how it worked. very confusing to me..all over the shop. but maybe i should try for longer than a week!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 12:48:50 PM
Author: janinegirly
got a question for you ladies: did any of you who recently come off BCP experience any cramping mid-cycle?

i recently tried temping just to see how it worked. very confusing to me..all over the shop. but maybe i should try for longer than a week!
I did Janinegirly - I don''t know if that''s a side-effect from coming off BCP or what. I remember the cramps were bad enough that I''d go to the bathroom thinking I was getting my period, but nothing ever appeared (or at least until the end of the cycle).

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 12:24:09 PM

Date: 11/12/2007 9:18:40 AM

I''m excited for you too EBRee! So, you haven''t gotten your first AF yet since coming off BC correct? I got mine a two weeks ago and was nervous that it would be like releasing the flood gates, but it wasn''t so bad. Cramping wasn''t bad either... I just pray that my cycles are regular so, I''m waiting to see what happens at the end of this one!

Thank you, bb! AF has indeed visited since coming off BC (today is CD 5) making a 29 day cycle, and this AF hasn''t been bad at all. Barely any cramping and lighter than usual. I was afraid it was going to be awful, but maybe that''ll be next month
11.gif
9.gif

sunkist- Some of the time, I feel like I''m 100% ready, and other times, I''m terrified! I think that''s normal, though. It''s one of the biggest changes a person/couple will ever go through, and it''s important to be emotionally and physically prepared.

I find comfort in knowing that I''ve always wanted this, that there hasn''t ever been a doubt in my mind about children. We''ve really thought it through, and we think we''re almost ready.
I feel the same way. Sometimes I get really freaked out about how much our lives will change even though I know it will be for the better. I''ve been wanting to start TTC since early this year, but put off telling hubby so I could become more emotionally ready for it.
2.gif

So, I have a doctor''s appointment on Friday a.m. because I''m now on CD51 with no signs of AF and I had a BFN last Thursday. I am sure that it''s my body adjusting to being off the pill, but I want to make sure since I did have a "normal" cycle after I got off of the pill. My husband is convinced that I''m preggo but I don''t think so being that I have no symptoms and have gotten three BFNs this cycle.

About insurance - I have health insurance through my employer so my pregnancy will be covered except for some co-pays, however, the cost of the insurance premium is pretty high and my boss is thinking about taking my husband off of the policy so he may be on his own. I''m sort of ticked off about it since my health insurance is the only real "benefit" that I have and I think it''s sort of unfair. I know, I know, life is not fair but I don''t have a 401K or other retirement options or any extensive paid time off - I don''t even know about taking a maternity leave at this point (kinda early anyhow). I''ve looked into individual policies for my husband and I and all of the ones that offer a maternity rider have an extensive waiting period so I''d esentially not be covered at all
39.gif

Right now we have a group PPO that covers me, hubby, the boss, bosses wife and his 2 kids and will also cover his newborn when he is born (any day now!). I live in Ohio and the boss lives in Michigan so a group policy is the best route for us as far as an employee/employer relationship goes. He''d like to keep it that way because otherwise me and my hubby would have to find our own policy (likely no maternity) and the bosses family would have to get their own policy and it would be $$$$. The boss has offered to pay most of the premium on an individual policy for hubby and me since the cost would be cheaper (but still no maternity). Ugh. So disgusting sometimes living in the US with our not so hot healthcare.

Baby news from a friend of mine in Washington state - she had a GIRL on November 3 (I think) and her name is Liliana Marie. Sooo cute! Also, I have a college friend that is expecting identical twins (she''s @24 weeks) and they are GIRLS! My friend that''s expecting twins does not know that I''m TTC so I''m really holding back my envy. I''m so happy for both of them though.

Ebree: I love your new avatar!

~Jess~

E B

Ideal_Rock
Diva,

Good luck at the doctor! I hope you get the answers you're looking for. I know how you feel about being a bit envious...I'm a member of a few TTC communities online, and just this Monday four women got BFPs. It's rare for one person to get a BFP per month, but four? I guess it doesn't help that we probably won't be trying this month due to stress with DH's job. I'm bummed, but things are looking really good for December. Maybe we'll have a sapphire baby, if we're lucky the first time!
9.gif

P.S. RE: my icon, thanks! I love that picture of her; she looks so goofy.

snlee

Ideal_Rock

sunkist- Some of the time, I feel like I'm 100% ready, and other times, I'm terrified! I think that's normal, though. It's one of the biggest changes a person/couple will ever go through, and it's important to be emotionally and physically prepared.

I find comfort in knowing that I've always wanted this, that there hasn't ever been a doubt in my mind about children. We've really thought it through, and we think we're almost ready.
I feel the exact same way as EBree. I feel ready most of the time but at times scared! I've also always wanted to have children and my husband and I have had baby fever for a long time. We've held off on TTC for awhile.

Jess, keep us posted on your doc appointment. When I went off BC I had some really long cycles. 50something days so it probably is your body adjusting to being off the pill. I know it must be so frustrating since you're TTC. Lots of baby dust to you! Hopefully we'll both get BFPs soon!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/14/2007 11:44:58 PM

sunkist- Some of the time, I feel like I''m 100% ready, and other times, I''m terrified! I think that''s normal, though. It''s one of the biggest changes a person/couple will ever go through, and it''s important to be emotionally and physically prepared.

I find comfort in knowing that I''ve always wanted this, that there hasn''t ever been a doubt in my mind about children. We''ve really thought it through, and we think we''re almost ready.
I feel the exact same way as EBree. I feel ready most of the time but at times scared! I''ve also always wanted to have children and my husband and I have had baby fever for a long time. We''ve held off on TTC for awhile.

Jess, keep us posted on your doc appointment. When I went off BC I had some really long cycles. 50something days so it probably is your body adjusting to being off the pill. I know it must be so frustrating since you''re TTC. Lots of baby dust to you! Hopefully we''ll both get BFPs soon!
Ditto for me too - at this point I know we will TTC soon and I''m ready for the most part. My DH is the one who really wants a baby, but we just got married in August and I feel like we finally have everything wedding over and done with so, I want a little break. Plus, if we start TTC by the summer we will be married for nearly a year at that point.

I''m curious to see when I get my period this month. Last month was my first cycle off the pill and my period was a week late so, it will be interesting to see when I get it this time.

Good luck to you ladies who are TTC soon!! Happy baby vibes coming your way!
36.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies!! I just got back from my doctors appointment and..........................................

I''M PREGNANT!!

The doctor estimated me to be around 7.5 weeks today so I''m due the first week of July - of course to be adjusted after my first appointment with the OB.

I am totally speechless for once in my life. I thought my husband was going to pass out when I told him on the phone! I''m just so happy and excited and I can''t stop crying!
3.gif
36.gif
6.gif
37.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Lots and lots of baby dust to all of you!! ((((((HUGS))))))

~Jess~

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Diva, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months and sending you lots of sticky vibes! Come and share all your symptoms, etc on the preggo thread so we can go through it with you! Yay!!
36.gif
36.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
diva, congrats! i seriuosly had a strong feeling you would be preggers! goes to show that those take home kits are not so reliable!

as for me, i''ve just started trying this whole charting/temping thing. it''s only been about 10 days, but my temps are up, then down, then up. grrrr..i hope this makes sense soon! i''m older (yes 30''s is older) so i get worried that things will take me longer. we''re not actively ttc yet, but i want to at least understand my system. another thing i noticed, is i''m paying such close attention that sometimes i will will certain things to be symptoms. Like i''ll get a slight cramp that in past wouldn''t have even registered...now i''m like, "oh maybe that''s a sign of this or that" and my mind wanders. it''s hard not to do!

anyway,i''m glad we all have this forum to share. how quickly some us turned from BIW obsessed to TTC obsessed :)

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Congratulations Diva!! That''s wonderful news and such a surprise for you and your hubby I''m sure!! I''m growing more and more anxious to start TTC. I read TCOYF each night before going to bed and I think with each day, I''m getting more and more ready to start trying.

You are so right janinegirly - I''ve becoming obsessed with each phase of my life!
9.gif
I remember being a LIW wishing he''d just get on with it already!
31.gif
Then onto the BIW forum in which I was equally obsessed...and now TTC forum where I''ve developed my new obsession!
3.gif
With everything I do, I just try and soak up all the knowledge I can before taking the plunge...I''m such a planner!
5.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Diva!

E B

Ideal_Rock
OMG Diva! Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That''s wonderful news!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Jess!! I am so happy for you!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Yay DivaDiamond!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Congrats!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD, a heartfelt congrats to you and your hubby! May your pregnancy be an easy one and your tot as healthy and happy as can be.
36.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Yahhhooooooo!!!! Congrats Jess -- that''s fantastic news! So happy for you and your hubby!
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Diva~ Congratulations!! Now, for the LONGEST wait of your life!!!
1.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Diva, congratulations!! How exciting!
9.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your replies and well-wishes! My husband and I are beyond excited and have already started telling our closest family members.

I went to the doctor because I''d skipped a period but was getting negative HPTs. When I was at the doctor''s office I told her that I really felt fine and that I wasn''t sure what was going on. I also told her that my husband was convinced that I was pregnant but was testing too early. She had me take a urine test to rule it out. I waited in the exam room for about 5 minutes and then she came waltzing in and said that I should listen to my husband more. I was so shocked that I nearly passed out. We went over some preliminary things and then I was on my way. I called my husband from the parking lot and then called my mom when I got into work.

I got a referral to a local OB from my doctor and also a co-worker and I meet with him on December 7. I have to call back on Monday for my first "official" appointment - for the tests, screenings, etc. Squeeeee!! I wanted the benefit of seeing the BFP myself so I took a test yesterday before bed and it immediately turned positive - well before the 3 minute time limit. I even saved it in a ziplock bag and took some pictures of it (and my belly).

I''ve largely been igoring symptoms because I didn''t want to get my hopes up. I''ve been busting out of my bras, I''m beyond bloated and I''ve been so tired the past few weeks. I figured the tiredness was from some traveling I did last weekend. Overall I''m feeling pretty good though - no complaints.

~Jess~

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Jess!!! How very exciting!!! Here''s to a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!! take it easy and try to enjoy the next 9 months :)

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone here have the ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor? I have heard nothing but good things and I looked up the reviews on drugstore.com and they were great! I have been using OPKs but they are sort of hard to read, and the CBEFM takes the guesswork out of it. The monitor is obviously a lot more expensive than OPKs but my work''s health spending account will pay for it.

Anyone use this?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results