shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
random_thought said:
*throws her hands up in the air* That's it, I give up!

I bet it shoots up tomorrow.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Well, my temp went up today, just like I thought it would. And guess who didn't want to BD last night, just like I knew he wouldn't. I'm getting so effing frustrated with all of this. I have depression, I have anxiety. My doctor won't prescribe anything because it would hinder me getting pregnant. I can't afford to go see a psychologist right now because I'm paying for the effing surgery that hasn't managed to get me pregnant yet. It's like a never-ending cycle. I almost want to just quit trying but I know 20 years from now if I had only one child I would regret that. I just don't even know how to function anymore, I hate this.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1393953281|3627256 said:
Well, my temp went up today, just like I thought it would. And guess who didn't want to BD last night, just like I knew he wouldn't. I'm getting so effing frustrated with all of this. I have depression, I have anxiety. My doctor won't prescribe anything because it would hinder me getting pregnant. I can't afford to go see a psychologist right now because I'm paying for the effing surgery that hasn't managed to get me pregnant yet. It's like a never-ending cycle. I almost want to just quit trying but I know 20 years from now if I had only one child I would regret that. I just don't even know how to function anymore, I hate this.

I'm glad your temp went up, but sorry you couldn't get in another BD session. It looks like you still had O-3 and O-4 so that's not bad timing.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1393953762|3627261 said:

I'm glad your temp went up, but sorry you couldn't get in another BD session. It looks like you still had O-3 and O-4 so that's not bad timing.

To start with, I only have something like a 3% chance of getting pregnant naturally. And that's if we do it on the right days. It goes down 20% if you do it on later days which doesn't exactly bode well for us. I'd be shocked if I got pregnant this cycle to be honest. I know you're just trying to cheer me up but I've been crying all day, I just hate that we have to go through this. It's not fair. Why are there people who are crack addicts who get pregnant so easily and I have a stable job and a loving home and it's taken us over 2 years now? Why?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1393955560|3627282 said:

To start with, I only have something like a 3% chance of getting pregnant naturally. And that's if we do it on the right days. It goes down 20% if you do it on later days which doesn't exactly bode well for us. I'd be shocked if I got pregnant this cycle to be honest. I know you're just trying to cheer me up but I've been crying all day, I just hate that we have to go through this. It's not fair. Why are there people who are crack addicts who get pregnant so easily and I have a stable job and a loving home and it's taken us over 2 years now? Why?

I know, it sucks. I've been pregnant three times and have one kid. Granted, I haven't been trying nearly as long as you, but it still just sucks. I'm not sure what else to say :(sad

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1393956879|3627304 said:

I know, it sucks. I've been pregnant three times and have one kid. Granted, I haven't been trying nearly as long as you, but it still just sucks. I'm not sure what else to say :(sad

It's ok, no worries. I just needed somewhere to get it all out. I cried in the bathroom for about 30 minutes and I think I can make it through the rest of the day, sigh.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1393958179|3627320 said:
amc80|1393956879|3627304 said:

It's ok, no worries. I just needed somewhere to get it all out. I cried in the bathroom for about 30 minutes and I think I can make it through the rest of the day, sigh.

Hopefully getting it out helps. I've cried at my desk a few times in the past couple weeks. Not cool since we have open cubes.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
LC- thinking of you today!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies. I'm back here in this thread now officially. Yesterday I had a D&C so now I'm just waiting to get a cycle again. I think in my head I'm ready to start again, but I guess we'll see. I also found out that a good friend of mine also had a D&C yesterday too; what are the chances of that? We're visiting them this weekend, so hopefully we can give each other a good shoulder.

AMC, hoping you have success this next cycle. I suppose you got pregnant with B right away, so fingers crossed.

RT, sometimes it just feels like the universe tests us. But I know us women are strong, so I have faith in that. Hugs and I hope you guys get lucky this cycle.

S&I, how are things going for you? 2WW?

~LC

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

LC, glad your D&C went smoothly yesterday. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your cycle to return so you can start trying again!

AMC, have your levels dropped below 5 yet? It'll be interesting to see if your body will follow what it did last time (conceiving B the cycle after a chemical).

RT, so sorry you're feeling so stressed about all this. How is your chart today?

AFM, our Valentine's cycle was a failure, so I'm on CD9 today. Will probably start OPKs on CD12 this time. Last cycle was the first time I've noticed strong O pains (on Valentine's Day), and I still feel sort of a dull pain on the right side. Maybe there's a residual cyst similar to what AMC had 2 cycles ago? I'm hoping it doesn't cause any issues this cycle.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Hi S&I- Yeah, my level was 2 on Tuesday. Apparently my body is good at metabolizing HCG. Now, if only it metabolized calories in a similar way....I'm actually having an HSG tomorrow. The doc wanted to make sure my left tube is okay since it was in an awkward position (attached to the top of my uterus).

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

LC, thinking of you and hoping you are hanging in there. I can only imagine how hard all of this has been. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that your cycle returns quickly and you get another BFP. Hoping you have something fun to look forward to in the meantime. Take care of yourself!

AMC, thinking of you as well. I'm glad to hear the hcg is nearly out of your system. I too hope you have a repeat of your BFP right after a loss. Hoping your HSG goes smoothly and both tubes are wide open.

SI, good luck to you this cycle. Hopefully if you have a cyst, it will resolve on its own. I would just watch it and make an appointment if it still bugging you after your next cycle. Hopefully, you'll have a BFP by then. It didn't take you too long last time, did it?

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

AMC, glad to hear your HCG is pretty much gone. Hope your HSG goes well and everything is open!

MP, yes I was a jerkstore with A. But I turned the dreaded 35 this past Wednesday, so I have that nagging thought in the back of my head that my eggs have gone rotten or something. Did your spotting go away today?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

S&I, you were very fortunate to get pregnant your first try last time, but just because it didn't happen this time does not in any way mean you will have trouble. As for you 35th birthday, I wouldn't sweat it. It's not like your eggs suddenly shrivel up the day you hit 35. I suspect you still have many good eggs waiting to go especially because you got pregnant so easily before. Good luck!

Yeah, no spotting for me right now. I just had some weird isolated pinkish streaked cm the other day. Not really spotting. I suspect my hormones are a bit off because I had taken fertility meds the previous 6 cycles. Not at all unusual for me to have spotting on non-treatment cycles, and I expect AF early next week. I'm currently waiting to see an RE in April, and I'm looking forward to getting back in the game then.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, just checking in to see how your hsg went? I hope everything checked out okay for you and that the hcg is out of your system.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1394472781|3631083 said:
amc, just checking in to see how your hsg went? I hope everything checked out okay for you and that the hcg is out of your system.

Hi MP! The HSG went well. I was a bit nervous going in but it was almost painless, just about 30 seconds of bad cramping. The good news is everything looked good. My left tube is a bit wonky because that ovary is apparently attached to the top of my uterus (as seen on a prior u/s). But the good news is that tube goes up to it so it should function just fine.

I'm on CD13 and should O in a few days. EWCM showed up yesterday but my OPKs are still very negative. I was out of town this weekend and didn't temp at all, so hopefully I will still be able to see a temp shift if I'm good about temping from here on out.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, that's great news! Interesting about your tube going up to your ovary and hopefully it is all still functional that way. You probably have heard this, but if your tubes are open, pregnancy rates supposedly go up in the first few months after an hsg. Good luck to you this cycle. I have a good feeling for you!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1394554336|3631748 said:
amc, that's great news! Interesting about your tube going up to your ovary and hopefully it is all still functional that way. You probably have heard this, but if your tubes are open, pregnancy rates supposedly go up in the first few months after an hsg. Good luck to you this cycle. I have a good feeling for you!

Yeah I have heard that! Fingers crossed!

Actually, I really hope I don't have to go back to the RE. Funny (sort of story)....It just so happened that DH's ex GF (the one he had right before me and had a really bad breakup with) has a baby B's age. They were in the same class at his old day care. I didn't know this until he had been there a few months. DH went with me to pick up B and she was there. I had never met or seen pics of her so I had no clue that it was her. Well, we went to the RE on Friday and I was filling out a form and finally looked up, and she works there! I hadn't seen her there at my previous appointment, but, sure enough, she works the front desk. Apparently her mom and sister work there as well. DH basically said there's no way he's dropping off a sample to her. So I told him he better get me pregnant this month. What are the odds?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

That's crazy, amc! I'm always so paranoid DH or I will run into someone we know when we have to go the RE's office for IUIs. There are only a few RE clinics in our city, and the one we go to is connected to the women's hospital and clinic, which is pretty where all of the young professional women go. I guess it is not a big secret at this point, but I don't really want acquaintances knowing we are having trouble getting pregnant, but I guess they would be in the same boat and would feel the same way if we happened to see someone we knew. Hopefully, you just won't need to go back to the RE at all, but if you do, they are freakishly careful about who they let handle the samples, and the front desk people don't even touch them.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, wow, that's crazy coincidence that your DH's ex works at the RE office you're going to. Well, perhaps this will give him the EXTRA MOTIVATION to get you pregnant this cycle. LOL. I'd say tell him it has to be EOD this cycle and when the schedule starts. And if he's ever like, "Babe, I'm too tired..." I'd totally bust out the, "Yeah, and we can just do the full work up at the RE next month, so I guess no big..." But maybe I'm totally manipulative like that. I agree that I've got a good feeling for you this month. :)

S&I, hoping you guys are also successful this cycle. Have you gotten and + OPKs yet?

AFM: D&C was a week ago. My LP is usually 11 days, but I really have no idea when to expect AF again. Does anyone know?

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

AMC, wow that's pretty crazy about your DH's ex's kid going to the same day care as B, and even crazier that she works at the RE office. I have a feeling you won't need that RE appointment anyway, but it never hurts to give your DH extra incentive to not go the RE route.

LC, no positive LH yet. Hopefully someone can chime in about your question about how long it takes for your cycle to return after a D&C.

MP, hopefully your lack of AF means something good!

AFM, CD15 today. I feel like I'm starting to O later each cycle. Last cycle was CD16, so we'll see about this cycle. I woke up late today, quickly took my temp 2 hours later than usual, and then forgot to pee in a cup. I'll take an OPK when I get home from work today. My temps are also a bit wonky due to the time change maybe.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

LC, it took about a month for AF to return after my D&C in 2011. Good luck to you.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

JGator, do you know how long your LP typically is? Well, I had a feeling it'd take a while to get my first cycle after this, but I wasn't sure how long. I guess it would be too wishful thinking that it was like a normal unsuccessful TTC cycle, and just 11 DPO, huh?

S&I, hoping you catch your surge. I hope your cycles aren't getting longer. I had that for a while before this past pregnancy. First cycle after having Ethan I was 31 days, then they grew a few days at a time, up to 35 days. But the cycle I got pregnant it was back down to 31 days again, so who knows maybe you'll get something similar too.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

S&I I hope you ovulate soon! That being said, S was a day 43 special ;-) After my Mirena came out I had a 35 and a 36 day cycle, followed by what would have been a 32 day cycle during which we conceived.

LC how are you going? Hope you've made a full recovery from the D&C x

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

My LP was about 14 days back then. This is my chart from that month - the D&C was on Oct 5 and AF arrived on Nov 6. I wasn't temping regularly either after the D&C.

ff_chart_oct2011.png

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

LC, maybe I'm misunderstanding what happens after a D&C, but do you have to ovulate again before AF will arrive? Or does AF arrive before you ovulate again? Either way, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that this is a fast process, so you can start trying again as soon as possible. Hope you are hanging in there emotionally. I know it must be so hard.

S&I, hang in there. I'm sure you'll be ovulating soon, but it must suck to feel like your cycles are getting longer. Did you have longer cycles before you had the IUD? Maybe your cycles are just returning to normal. I'm just having some weird hormonal issues or something because I swear I had full on AF on Monday, and then it just stopped and nothing since then. I even took an HPT this morning just to be sure I wasn't somehow pregnant, but of course I am not. No idea what is going on. My body is officially weird.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I *thought* that after a D&C you would get AF before ovulating, but that's more of an educated guess than actual knowledge. My line of thinking is once everything is removed, HCG levels would drop, causing progesterone to drop, which would cause AF to start.

CD15 for me. Lots of ewcm but OPKs are still very negative. O day has been CD17 the last two months, so hopefully it doesn't happen too much later than that. My temp took a nose dive this morning and that usually happens 2-3 days before O day.

S&I- It seems like we are cycle twins! At least I'll have someone to join me in the TWW.

S&I, LC, and MP- I KNOW! So crazy. Seriously, what are the odds? We live in a city of almost a half million people, but it's definitely a small town. You can't go anywhere without running into someone you know. Hopefully I won't have to worry about going back to the RE, though.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1394724405|3633292 said:
I *thought* that after a D&C you would get AF before ovulating, but that's more of an educated guess than actual knowledge. My line of thinking is once everything is removed, HCG levels would drop, causing progesterone to drop, which would cause AF to start.

And see I was thinking the opposite because after a D&C, you wouldn't have any lining to shed, would you? Wouldn't it have to build up like a normal cycle again? I really have no idea. At any rate, I hope LC doesn't have long to wait.

Good luck to you too amc!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JGator|1394642317|3632524 said:
LC, it took about a month for AF to return after my D&C in 2011. Good luck to you.

Same with me. I think it was like 28 days to be precise. But I did not have a D&C, I had a natural miscarriage. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

So sorry for your loss.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1394724621|3633293 said:
amc80|1394724405|3633292 said:

And see I was thinking the opposite because after a D&C, you wouldn't have any lining to shed, would you? Wouldn't it have to build up like a normal cycle again? I really have no idea. At any rate, I hope LC doesn't have long to wait.

Good luck to you too amc!

But does your body know you don't have a lining to shed? Off to google...

ETA:

It is hard to predict how long it will take to get your period after a D&C, a gynecological procedure often used to remove tissue from the uterus after a miscarriage. During pregnancy, your body produces a hormone called hCG, which suppress the pituitary gland's production of other hormones that normally stimulate ovulation (release of an egg). The hCG level drops after the pregnancy tissue is removed during the D&C. It must drop to zero before your cycles resume. Although the length of time it takes for this to occur depends predominantly on the value of hCG present before the miscarriage, hCG suppression of the pituitary gland usually subsides within two weeks. Rarely, a small amount of placental tissue is left behind at the time of the D&C. In this case, a woman may experience persistent bleeding along with a delay in the fall of hCG levels and the return to normal cycles.

Once the hCG levels fall, your pituitary gland begins secreting the stimulatory hormones LH and FSH, and ovulation resumes. If the hCG levels were low at the time of the D&C, normal ovulation can return about two to three weeks after the D&C. Alternatively, if the fall in hCG is delayed, the first ovulation may occur three to six weeks later. As ovulation occurs two weeks before the menstrual period, you can, in fact, get pregnant before your first post-D&C menstrual period. If you do not ovulate, and your menses were irregular before the pregnancy, all bets are off.

http://www.ivillage.com/how-long-after-dc-does-menstrual-cycle-begin/4-n-142321

So I guess the D&C is basically your period? Do they get everything out at that time? Or does that D&C itself cause you to bleed?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results