shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

We're fraternal twins, so theoretically it is possible that I could have twins too. And my sister and I look very similar, but she rocks the short hair with style. (DH prefers me with longer hair)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
So, I'm gonna go ahead and say I ovulated yesterday...

image-3837348447.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Good luck Amc. I have a feeling this is going to be your month!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Dani|1391529452|3607670 said:
Good luck Amc. I have a feeling this is going to be your month!

Aww thanks! I do too...of course I've been saying that since the October...

princess_cut

Rough_Rock

Looks good, AMC! Fingers crossed that this is your month!

AFM…14dpo and all BFNs, but no AF yet. It's so weird, because I never thought my luteal phase was this long. The only thing I can think is that my (Paragard, non-hormonal) IUD made my period start earlier, and this is my first real cycle without it. When I had the IUD, I would start spotting 11 or 12dpo and I would have my full period by about 14dpo. Maybe AF will make her appearance by tomorrow.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Whaaaat is going onnnn with my body? :angryfire: O, where the heck are you?!

33fe6b.png

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1391570946|3608144 said:
Whaaaat is going onnnn with my body? :angryfire: O, where the heck are you?!

My chart is pretty similar to yours this month but I think it's because I've been sick :(

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PPM, what did your temp do today?

princess_cut

Rough_Rock

Ok, I'm officially freaking myself out. I'm 15dpo with no sign of AF and still all BFN tests. I've never been this late before. I'm so worried that I have an ectopic pregnancy because my mom and my aunt (on my dad's side) both had them in the past. I know they're supposedly not genetic, but it still really worries me, and I've read that women with ectopic pregnancies can test negative because of really low levels of HCG in some cases.

What do you ladies think? I already called my OB-GYN, but the nurse told me he wants me to wait until at least Monday and see if I get a positive test or if my period comes. I know my dates are right..I used OPKs, monitored my cervical mucus, and I always get a certain pain on ovulation day.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

princess_cut|1391644974|3608769 said:
Ok, I'm officially freaking myself out. I'm 15dpo with no sign of AF and still all BFN tests. I've never been this late before. I'm so worried that I have an ectopic pregnancy because my mom and my aunt (on my dad's side) both had them in the past. I know they're supposedly not genetic, but it still really worries me, and I've read that women with ectopic pregnancies can test negative because of really low levels of HCG in some cases.

What do you ladies think? I already called my OB-GYN, but the nurse told me he wants me to wait until at least Monday and see if I get a positive test or if my period comes. I know my dates are right..I used OPKs, monitored my cervical mucus, and I always get a certain pain on ovulation day.

I'm going to give you an answer that is really annoying. CM and ovulation pain, and even OPKs aren't accurate indicators of ovulation. The only way to know 100% when you ovulated is by temping (or ultrasound). If you are really worried maybe call your OB back and see if you can talk to her directly. Tell her why you are worried and see if she will go ahead and do a blood test. How frustrating!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

PC, I'd wait it out just a few more days, test again, and then visit the OB. Bodies can do weird things, especially after bc! I hope you have some answers soon.

AMC, any symptoms? Your timing was stellar... Hoping for the best for you!

RT- how are you feeling? Cold on its way out?

Today my temp went up a wee little bit. We BDd tonight. Earlier today I noticed lots of watery, thin CM near my cervix, and cervix is soft and open. Hope this means O is on her way. We had quite a magical, perfectly timed "finish" to tonight's session :cheeky: so hopefully those swimmers are movin' on up toward that egg (c'mon egg- release!) Wondering if my daily B-complex is contributing to the O delay, so I didn't take it today and won't again until O is confirmed.

chartgraph_0.png

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

So... I have a TMI inquiry about CM.

Lotion-y and sticky CM are easy enough for me to identify. And sometimes I even experience CM that reminds me of semi-dried rubber cement or something.

And then, close-ish to when I'm about to O, I always have a day when I experience copious... I mean... LOTS... of pretty watery CM. It's not 100% clear, a little white-streaked, and it reminds me a lot of snot or something (sorry, sorry... i warned you- TMI). There's usually so much that it's almost heavy. If I try to do the stretch-test, it will just hang down from my finger.

Then a few days later I have truly watery, not sticky, not stretchy, very slick & clear CM. Not as plentiful as the afore-mentioend type. This watery CM can be found near the cervix or I can see a slight sheen from it on the bathroom tissue.

I honestly don't know which is my fertile cervical fluid. Thoughts?

I already had the super-plentiful, snot-like stuff, but didn't see a temp shift. I had the watery stuff today... we'll see if my temp spikes tomorrow. I'm always frustrated by the lack of CM descriptions on FF. I swear I have 20 different types.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PPM- congrats on the, uh, magic :) nice work. As far as the cm goes, I know my EWCM is usually long gone by the day I O. By O time I either have none or it's the slippery (but not stretchy) stuff you described. I'd say my most typical pattern is for EWCM to stop at O-2. Based on what you described I wouldn't be surprised if your temp shoots up tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

I'm 2dpo and should get my crosshairs tomorrow. Still debating when to test. I'm leaning towards feb 15 so I can drink on V Day. I'd be 12dpo. Plus I'm heading out of town with my mom that day so I think I want to test with DH there, rather than finding out on my own if AF didn't show up a few days later. We shall see!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

AMC, thanks for the CM insight. I suspect my pattern may be similar to yours. I know there's no way to answer definitively, but I feel better knowing there's someone out there with a comparable pattern. What was your temp today? Any jumps?

No jumps for me. Bummer. Maybe tomorrow. I was starting to wonder if my thermometer was off, but I took my temp this afternoon and it said 97.79 or something, so it definitely isn't just giving the same result day after day.

ffthurs.png

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PPM- I really thought your temp would jump today. Ugh, how frustrating. Tomorrow!!!

My temp went way up today. I know it's far to early too read into anything, but it is an usually high temp for me, especially this early in my LP.

Chart:

Current month against average of other cycles:

_14576.jpg

chart_ave2.jpg

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for checking in on me PPM, I'm feeling a lot better now, we all are :) Now I'm just waiting for AF to show so we can get started on March :) It's probably for the best anyways since I'm in the process of switching docs!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I may not have a BFP this month, but I just got a HUGE raise from the boss just now! Hey, I take what I can get ;-)

amc80

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1391728790|3609547 said:
I may not have a BFP this month, but I just got a HUGE raise from the boss just now! Hey, I take what I can get ;-)

:appl: :appl: :appl:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats on the raise, RT!

AMC, I think your plan for testing sounds good. How you feelin' about it so far? I know it's hard to resist as the first possible testing date approaches, but enjoying some guilt-free drinks + desire to test with hubby are both great motivators!

I had a pretty big temp drop today, hoping it shoots up tomorrow. Maybe I'm Oing late b/c of the chemical. Guess there's no reason to try and figure it out, 'cause I really have no idea. CD 22. My longest cycle since the return of AF was 30 days. Definitely gonna blow that out of the water.

ffcd22.png

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PPM- Can you get some BD action in tonight? My temp usually drops to low levels for about 4 days before I O...what is your normal pattern? I know some people just get a dip the day of O, and many get no dip at all. Fingers crossed! It is so hard to resist temping as I get close. I might temp really early (like until 8DPO) and then stop once I get into the zone where I might actually get a positive. I know that's pretty counter-intuitive, but searching for a line is somewhat entertaining. Torturous, but entertaining. Plus I have 10 wondfos just sitting there...

My temp still looks good. I know it means nothing at this point, but I guess I'd rather have a good looking chart than a bad looking chart, regardless of meaning? my temp went down a bit but is still well above my average. Does that mean that I could have had a stronger ovulation/stronger CL/higher progesterone levels? No idea, but I'll go ahead and say yes.

How is everyone else doing?

chart_ave4.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

AMC.... I know we can't read too far into temperatures, but yes, I'd also be wondering if I had higher progesterone levels wit those elevated temps. And that'd be a good thing! Yay!

By golly, I think I O'd! I don't 100% trust my temp- I had one drink last night (waaaay before bed), and though small amounts of alcohol don't affect my temperature reading very much, I also had less sleep than usual. We were at a friend's house to watch the Olympic opening ceremonies and I didn't finally get home and get to sleep till 2:30 or so, then woke at 7. We didn't BD :angryfire: I get it- it was late- but, I mean, it was our last shot to get in some action before the egg reached its expiration date. Oh well.

ff1dpo.png

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Ppm- I think even with the one drink that's a pretty significant temp spike. Bummer you didn't BD last night but you still got O-2 which is great.

My temp went back up this morning. Can't read into it too much but I'll say I'm not disappointed.

image-3512682310.jpg

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

amc80|1391876228|3610803 said:
Ppm- I think even with the one drink that's a pretty significant temp spike. Bummer you didn't BD last night but you still got O-2 which is great.

My temp went back up this morning. Can't read into it too much but I'll say I'm not disappointed.

Your chart is looking great amc!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Thanks random! Temp went up a bit more today.

PPM- what did your temp do today?

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Ok ladies, seems like it's been a little slow in here this month. Let's see some BFPs!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I agree!! We need more BFPs!

I realized I hadn't properly been setting up my average chart in FF (I had been including my two pregnancy charts) so I changed the settings. Now it is current cycle vs average of non pregnant charts.

image-3756956464.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

AMC, if nothing in your environment has changed, seems you may have increased progesterone this cycle. Nice temps! Glad you had an increase... You're nearing that 8dpo possible testing range. Eep!

I am 2 dpo and my temp stayed exactly the same today. We'll see what tomorrow brings. DH and I are getting close to that 6 month marker, which is frustrating, even though I know the journey is far, far longer for many couples. We've 'hit it lucky' so many times, I think my expectations were a bit high.

I agree that it's slow 'round here, but it's b/c we've had so many BFPs! Everyone's gone ::) There's me, AMC, RT, MP, and MRK left... anyone else I'm missing? Speak up, TTCers! :cheeky:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

WHERE IS EVERYONE??? :) We need some action on this thread...

PPM- I don't think my environment has changed. The thermostat is always 67 at night and I haven't added any blankets. My temp wend down a smidge this morning, but it's still above average. I hope you're right that it is due to increased progesterone. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything but I suppose it's better than the opposite. How are your temps? You're 3dpo?

For fun, here is current against the average of my two pregnancy charts...

chart_ave5.jpg

chartavep.jpg

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Well I'm out this month because we never got around the old sex having dance so I'm just patiently waiting for the BFPs

However I do have a story to share. I went to my first infertility support group last night...well tried to go. When I got there, I was informed the meeting was canceled because the lady who leads it (who is a doula for a living) had to leave because somebody was in labor. My infertility group was cancelled because somebody else got to have a baby.

This, however, is how my night ended...which ain't so bad...

funny-animal-captions-still-waiting-bro1.jpeg

_14826.jpg

_14827.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, I'm waiting for an update from you! Have you tested yet?

I still follow along on this thread, but I don't post much because I'm no longer in the fun wait and see TTC mode, and it is sometimes hard to see so many people come and go when I've been trying for so long with no end in sight. But I am hopeful for you all, especially amc and ppm because we were trying and pregnant at the same time last time around.

Random, sorry to hear about the cancelled support group you tried to attend. The reason for the cancellation is kind of a slap in the face, but hopefully you will find it helpful to attend if you are able to get to another meeting.

Hang in there ladies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results