carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Hi Girls,

Not even going to lie. FRER this morning at 10DPO cause, you know, I can't control myself. It was BFN and I'm really struggling to hold out hope. I know that I should wait until 12 DPO for a closer to 100% accurate result, but I don't honestly think it's happening this month. My chart looks pretty much identical to all the other BFN charts, negative tests, blah blah blah. I'm trying to figure out what to do next while I cycle through mad/sad/bitter/depressed/mad/sad/bitter...you get the picture.

I have the appt w/my GP on 5/11. I should ovulate around 5/15ish so I know it'll be too late to do much. I'll request my 7 DPO prog for sure. I'm thinking it's time for an HSG. My ovulation and AF are both pretty darn painful, I can't seem to get pregnant even though DH's SA was fine and my charts all show a clear temp shift every month like clockwork and I have sufficient CF. It just seems more likely that something is wrong with my reproductive organs (tubes/uterus) than anything else, at least to me. So at my May 11th appt I'll approach the subject of the HSG and I guess go from there, I don't know. I sent a message to my doctor to ask about next steps when I come in for my 5/11 appt. I hadn't mentioned it here but ovulation is getting really painful too. So I guess we'll see what she says. I'm really trying to go about this w/o having to go to a RE.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer. I hope everyone else is doing well and much dust.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SarahLovesJS|1335242704|3179176 said:
AMC - I kind of stopped charting, I am lazy. So I was just using OPK every day and looking at CM. I am thinking either my first OPK positive was not actually positive or as you and others said it was just a LH surge without ovulation. I tested one more time today and got a DEFINITE positive and a smiley face on my digi (did not get that before on April 11..I just went by the cheapy test). SO...I think I may actually be ovulating NOW as opposed to two weeks ago. :naughty: So..I am banning myself from pregnancy tests until when my period would be due (May 4). And I am also taking your advice..no more OPKs this month!!!

Yeah, it does sound like you're ovulating now as opposed to two weeks ago. Just as an FYI, the month I got pregnant I never got a positive on the digi. Which is weird, because I never had an issue with them. Thank God I was using normal test strips as well (CVS brand). I would get a blaring positive test strip and then use the same pee with the digi, and it would be negative. So weird.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tammy, I hope you're wrong and this is your cycle. If it isn't, it sounds like you have a good plan for your visit. I think taking charge of your care is empowering and, when you do get your BFP, you'll know you earned it! :bigsmile:

Sarah, I stop testing the day after my first positive OPK so I don't know if mine fades out or not. Hopefully, your two week wait doesn't turn into a four week wait...and, if it does, there's a BFP at the end! All in all though, it sounds like you're in a good place especially with all those yucky "coming off BCP" symptoms fading.

MLK, you'll know one way or another in just a few days. I know how slowly time can move when you're waiting to test and hoping AF stays away. DH and I are TTC our last. It sort of makes me sad that it'll all be over once my (now imaginary!) baby is born but I certainly won't miss temping and chart stalking and phantom pregnancy symptoms!

AFM, CD 1 today but that's no surprise. I would like to be knocked up soon but I do like TTC with DH. It's kinda fun. We use protection ALL.OF.THE.TIME so TTC is a nice break. Plus, we've been SUPER busy lately and TTC forces us to have at least one good week per month! This upcoming month will probably be a wash because I almost always ovulate on CD 12 or 13 and DH will be away for work CD 10-13. Yeah, seriously...

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi guys. Thanks so much for the reassurance! I was definitely having some low beta stress!

S&I, congratulations!! I can't believe your little Alex is here! I hope you're recovering ok, getting some sleep & enjoying motherhood. Hugs to you & thanks for checking on me. 

Missy, wow, your beta really skyrocketed from 14-16dpo though. I do suspect there's a correlation between lower betas & fewer pregnancy symptoms. I never wound up getting m/s last time, but I think some of the lower beta ladies (who had successful pregnancies) didn't have it either. How are you feeling? Your bump is so adorable!

Mp, thanks for the reassurance. I guess betas aren't that reliable a predictor of pregnancy outcome but it's so hard not to grasp the only piece of info you have & overanalyze it to death!
The busy schedule is helping for now, at least.  How's it going for you? Hope work has gotten less crazy. 

Tammy, bug hugs to you, friend. I'm sorry you're feeling down. This process can really take its toll, especially if you've been at it for a while. I think an hsg is a good next step. You can find out if there are any blockages & apparently they also seem to help clear things out in general. Before mine my ob told me lots of women get ku shortly after the test. Are you considering clomid too? (Though I'm quietly holding out hope you'll get a bfp tomorrow & all of this talk will be moot.)

Pupp, I'm sorry af arrived but glad to hear you & your dh are enjoying the process. It's so easy to let the stress of ttc outweigh the fun. I feel like I should know this, but how many little ones do you have?

Hi to mlk, trekkie, curly, mia & everyone else! 

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, Bright. I know you absolutely relate. Regarding the HSG, I am going to push like mad to get it done in the next 6 weeks. I don't want to "waste" my May cycle, but I'm somewhat resigned to having to wait til my June cycle to get it. I will try clomid, but honestly I think that will be the most we'll do in terms of assistance. Financially and emotionally, I don't think it's fair for me to keep pushing if all those things don't work. It's tough to think of it that way, but I have to be realistic.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Big hugs, Tammy. At 10dpo, it is too soon to count yourself out, but I get where you are coming from. It's hard to stay optimistic after a few months of BFNs. I'm glad you're going to be seeing your doctor soon to see if there are any other factors that might be slowing things down a bit. I think in a lot of cases, it is just a lot of little factors that add up. I also understand you not wanting to take drastic measures. I decided early on that an IUI was as far as I was comfortable going because although it is not romantic, it is relatively inexpensive and non-invasive. I am really hoping you just need a little boost of some kind to get your BFP. I know it seems daunting, but it is also empowering to feel like you are doing everything you are comfortable doing to get your BFP. Continued dust, my friend!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Tammy, I hear ya about approaching the end of the financial & emotional rope. I'm definitely clinging to the end as well.
Will your insurance cover fertility testing/treatment? If you could get in to your doc sooner they could probably run an hsg this month. I think it has to be done between cd 5-12 or so. After af but before o.
Clomid is cheap without insurance it's just the monitoring that adds up.
Though perhaps you could go light on that if needed.

Also ditto to what mp said about iui being awkward but not invasive/painful.
Dh & I joked about trying to bring a candle into the exam room or me wearing some sexy lingerie to up the romance. Stockings, stirrups & speculums, oh my! :shock:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Bright - I've been dealing with some high blood pressure issues and hospital trips! Everything has turned out to be okay so far. I'm terrible at handling work related stress and am trying to get a "who cares" attitude since my co-workers/boss haven't tried to eliminate my work load! Other than that, things are great! Just taking it day by day for now! And thank you...my bump has pretty much taken over the last couple weeks and I'm guessing I'm only going to get bigger :o

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Jen_91909|1335227757|3178915 said:
Hey everyone!
Tammy, wishing you luck this cycle... Are you going to hold out for 12dpo?

Sarah, I know how you feel... Some if my strongest symptoms were the first month we tried. I wondered after if I was just more tuned into my body or what... But either way your symptoms did sound promising. I don't think you're totally out at 12dpo.

Bright, I can't wait for you to have your ultrasound next week. Every milestone can bring some peace of mind. It's amazing how much of the ttc process is just spent waiting and waiting and thinking and analyzing.

Hi to those I missed and thanks to those who asked about me. :wavey:

Afm, AF finally showed her face a week late last week so I'm getting going on my next ivf cycle. First is the pill until may 3rd. Starting this Sunday I will be overlapping lupron injections with the pill for about 5 days then will be strictly on lupron for maybe another week...they haven't told me specifically yet. The lupron is new for me this cycle. Then I will add in the stimulating injections. Egg retrieval will probably be around the third week in may. Glad to be getting going again and I hope this cycle is a good one. I really don't want to have to go through it again after this.

Lizzy if you're out there, did you use lupron on your protocol? If so, how did you feel on it? I've heard some scary stories about side effects.

Just saw this! I did use Lupron and had no side effects. It's funny because I actually felt more side effects from Clomid then I did using the IVF drugs. Good Luck and keep us posted!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

On no, missy! I'm sorry about the blood pressure issues & hospital trips! How scary! I'm so glad you're ok & hope things get better soon. I can't believe they're not trying to help you more, especially in light of recent events. Can you get some sort of doctor's note to excuse you from some duties? Big hugs to you.

Lizzy, always good to see you round these parts. ::)

Is it Friday yet?

meresal

Ideal_Rock

I haven't been around here for a few years, but I just returned home from my latest OB appointment, and we were given the "a'ok" to start TTC #2.

Feels strange to be posting around here, since we skipped this whole "TTC" business the first time, but definitely exciting :)

I see tons of new names, so I look forward to meeting some new mommies!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Meresel, welcome (back)! Hope your stay is short & sweet. How old is #1? :wink2:

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Thank you. My son just turned 2 last week.

I joined Fertility Friend to try and figure out my ovulation, etc, so we are still determining "when" we are actually starting the whole "trying" process, lol. This is all knew to us.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Hello everyone, just checking in.

Meresal - I am hoping that your second is as easy as your first!

Brightspot - I am hoping those betas rise up for you. I would not stress about the values as other said, I personally don't worry about the exact number of labs as long as they are in the range my doctor says is normal, and if he is trending them, that they are trending the right way.

Jen - I am hoping this new protocol is successful this go around!

tammy77 - Hey, you are not alone. I don't know if you remember I am in the same boat as you. All my labs are normal, and they can't even tell me if my right tube is normal or not. I am not ready to go to surgery to figure that out. Please don't get too down. I think the HSG is a good next step for you. It is good you are being proactive now. Some women take years before they ask for help.

missy - I am so sorry about your blood pressure and work issues, I really hope things improve for you soon.

AFM, I did the clomid/HSG and last Monday had two follicles one at 19mm and one at 25mm, one on each side. So I had the nurse give me the HSG shot and we did the BD that night and the following day. I went back in on Thrusday of last week, and the US showed I have O's on both sides. So I have two eggs, which means twins are possible :errrr: . Hopefully there is just one. And hopefully that right tube does not cause any problems. Of course I am thinking worse case which is one intrauterine pregnancy and one etopic pregnancy. But I don't even know if the right tube is normal or not, so I am not trying to think about that too much. So I am around 7-8DPO. Since I had HCG I am not even bothering with HPT. I am going going to the lab in my clinic on Monday to have the serum HCG and progesterone drawn. The HCG will not come back until the next day. Since it is my clinic, I don't have to worry about flaky nurse not calling me, I can look up the results myself :naughty: . So I am just waiting right now. I feel different this month, but I am attributing that to the hormones at this stage.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Firecracker, great to hear from you. Your cycle sounds promising! Keep us posted when you get your results next week. Sticky dust to you!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Meresel, happy bday to your son! You've found a wonderful community with lots of knowledge & support.

Ltl, thanks for updating us. It sounds like things look very promising for you! Really hoping you have great news on Monday. That's
great that you can look up the results yourself! As many have said to me, try to take things one day at a time without jumping to worst case scenarios if you can. Hugs to you.
I had 2 betas & my doc didn't request another so now I'm just waiting for my first u/s, scheduled for next Thursday, 5/3.
I'll be 6w, 1d at that point & really hope I can get a more definitive answer on viability without waiting for another u/s (or 2) like last time.

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Sorry ladies for a short post with no replies to anyone, I am about to go into a conference for the next 7 hours. I have realised I desperately need an excuse to leave this job.

Anyway, 13DPO today with a huge temp drop. My LP is normally 12 days, so am expecting AF sometime today. I didn't bother testing today after I saw my temp.

I am really starting to struggle here. I know I haven't been trying for nowhere near as long as many of you, but why can't just for one time in my life, something come easy to me. Surely after all of the suffering I ahve been trhough over the last 4 years, one thing in my life shouldn't have to be a struggle.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Bright - I'm not sure...they know I have a desk job so he said no bedrest just yet. On a good note though, my BP has been good at home the last few nights so maybe things are looking up! Since Monday I've just been doing what I can do at work...if it doesn't all get done, oh well! They haven't made any complaints about my work so I'm not worried about it!

Ltl - Thank you! Like I said above...I'm just going with the flow at work. If they aren't worried about how much I do/don't get done, then why should I? I'll be checking back to hear your update next week!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Missy, I'm so glad to hear your bp has been better & that you're giving yourself the ok to do all you can buy not worry about the rest.

Mlk, big hugs to you. This process can be a rough one, for sure. Remind me how long you've been trying. Have you spoken to your doc about next steps? Sometimes it helps to have a plan in place even if you don't wind up needing one. I hope your bfp is right around the corner!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

LtlFirecracker|1335396668|3180881 said:
AFM, I did the clomid/HSG and last Monday had two follicles one at 19mm and one at 25mm, one on each side. So I had the nurse give me the HSG shot and we did the BD that night and the following day. I went back in on Thrusday of last week, and the US showed I have O's on both sides. So I have two eggs, which means twins are possible :errrr: . Hopefully there is just one. And hopefully that right tube does not cause any problems. Of course I am thinking worse case which is one intrauterine pregnancy and one etopic pregnancy. But I don't even know if the right tube is normal or not, so I am not trying to think about that too much. So I am around 7-8DPO. Since I had HCG I am not even bothering with HPT. I am going going to the lab in my clinic on Monday to have the serum HCG and progesterone drawn. The HCG will not come back until the next day. Since it is my clinic, I don't have to worry about flaky nurse not calling me, I can look up the results myself :naughty: . So I am just waiting right now. I feel different this month, but I am attributing that to the hormones at this stage.

Yay Firecracker, I'm happy to see your update. Lots of dust to you! I wouldn't worry too much about having two eggs. I had 3-4 follicles when I did my IUI, and I'm only expecting one. I also had the issue of a tube that opened slowly during the HCG that may or may not have a blockage, but no problems there. Wishing you lots of luck!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

What upppp TTCers?!?!?! :loopy: CD-ONE here! I made it!

It is FINALLY time to... sit around and wait for my fertile period... Yay more waiting! :appl: ...and then waiting for two weeks... all just to get the chance to wait for nine more months... Not to mention all the worry/stress/obsession that will happen in between :wacko:

So I usually don't O until between CDs16-19 so I'm not going to have any interesting updates for a while. But now I am ready to get a gameplan going for when I am close to ovulation. I will not use OPKs because they are the are too confusing to me, but I will be documenting (read: overanalyzing) my other fertility signs (CM, CP, and BBT). I usually get about 4-5 days of EWCM before O so I am thinking of just doing it every day until I O. But that will be 5 days in a row, which might be a lot of work. What do you guys think? Does anyone mind sharing whether they have been able to keep up with that kind of schedule? I just think my cycles are not clockwork enough to risk an every other day schedule.

MLK- Aw major hugs girl! Did you end up getting AF? I know there wasn't much hope with a temp drop, but you never know until she actually comes... I can't remember, did you have PCOS? I remember you were seeing a doctor about your thyroid, were you able to regulate it or did everything check out okay? Hugs again though, I know this process isn't always fun...

LtF- Hey everything looks promising for you! I know I'll be checking in on Tuesday for some great news so make sure to update us!

Meresal- Welcome! Yay for #2! Did you figure out where you are in your cycle?

Bright- :wavey: Hope everything is going well and your LO is just baking happily away!

puppmom- Aw I just love that you are enjoying TTC with your hubby. I'm just hoping it works out that way for me too. I'm not gonna lie, I'm in a hurry and DH knows it, but I'm hoping at least that part of the process will be fun and enjoyable for us, especially just starting out. That stinks about your DH being away around O time. Maybe try and get a little action in before and see how long sperm really live? Do you want a girl? According to the Shettles (sp?) method, intercourse earlier before O will be more likely to result in a girl.

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Hi Mia and anyone else who is hiding out there. This thread has gone so quiet this last week!

Mia, Yay for officially TTCing this month. I hope you get knocked up asap.

Thanks for your hugs. I am now CD6 and not feeling great about my prospects. I just have that niggling feeling there is something more wrong than just my thyroid. The last time my thyroid was checked, 2 months ago, it was so low that all my symptoms should have just disappeared. The thing is I still feel exhausted and I can't shake it off, my hair loss has got worse and I have not lost any weight despite severely changing my diet (cutting out most carbs, no dessert ever etc).

I have insulin resistance and hair loss which may indicate PCOS, but no diagnosis. I ovulate, but don't ovulate until CD23. I have a referral for a pelvic ultrasound to check my ovaries, so may try to fit that in this month. A question for those who have or who have been tested for PCOS, when in your cycle is it best to have the pelvic ultrasound for PCOS?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Mia, welcome to officially ttc! I hope you're ku before you know it! I think you're wise to keep it on the low key side to start. Good luck!

Mlk, re timing on the saline ultrasound, it was similar to the hsg-somewhere between cd6-12. (ie after af but before o).  Maybe you could schedule it for this cycle, but you might want to make the call to schedule it soon.  In hindsight, I wish I'd pursued testing & treatment sooner. If the metformin isn't enough, lots of women with pcos have great luck with clomid.  
Hugs to you. I know how frustrating this is. 

Hi to everyone else. Not much to report on my end. Just waiting for my u/s on Thursday & trying to manage expectations. 

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Bright, thanks for your reply. I don't ovulate till CD23, so I guess if I can organise it anytime before then I should be ok.

Yay for your ultrasound on Thursday, I bet time is going so slowly for you this last week.

AFM, we had a psychologist with our local law society come in to talk to the lawyers here today about stress etc. Alarm bells started ringing for me and I am now starting to wonder whether I ahve adrenal problems. I had a quick look on dr google afterwards and several of my symptoms are symptoms of adrenal fatigue. The cause of which is obviously everything that has happened in the last 4 years and especially in the last 2 years (today being the anniversary of my mother's death). That would fit with the accupuncturist saying that my hair loss was caused by stress and that by repressing everything that has happened, it is making my hair fall out. Hypothyroidism and insulin resistance also appear to be linked to adrenal fatigue.

Problem is I don't see the endo until late June and I don't know if he will just dismiss this like he dismissed the insulin resistance last time.

To top this off, my mother's godson, who is the closest thing to a cousin to me had a baby last night. He got his girlfirend of 6-8 months pregnant and we didn't find out about the baby until I saw a pic of his gf on facebook where she was very clearly 6 months pregnant. They live overseas so its not like I see him all the time, but his mother calls me all the time and I see his sister all the time too. He or his family haven't told me the baby has arrived once again I just saw it on facebook that it was a girl, not even a name. I messaged him this morning saying congratulations etc, over 8 hours ago and no response.

I just wonder why things are so easy for some people yet I am being made to struggle in everything in my life.

I am sorry for being a debbie downer, I am just feeling so alone, helpless and frustrated at the moment and writing it out here helps a little bit.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Mlk, I'm so sorry you've had such a rough few years. Adding having trouble ttc to it just seems to unfair. Hugs to you. Sounds like a good plan to talk to your doc about potential adrenal issues.  Unfortunately it seems like a lot of these conditions don't have a definitive diagnosis, which just adds additional stress & confusion. I hope you get to see your doc soon & come up with a good plan to move forward. 

Afm, time definitely does feel like it's going slowly. Just hoping this wait has a good end. 

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Aw MLK I'm sorry you're feeling down lately :( It sounds like things haven't been easy for you the past few years and I think you definitely at deserve a break in the TTC department. Do you consistently ovulate on CD23? How long is your luteal phase? Have you discussed TTC with your doctor? A couple of years ago, I had really irregular cycles. Like , really really really irregular. 27-89 day cycle kind of irregular (with the 27 day cycles being annovulatory). At the time were going to TTC so I printed out my charts and took them to my OBGYN and he told me that with my cycle history, I should only try for 3 months before checking into things. Anyway I hope you're able to figure out what might be causing your symptoms and whether it could be affecting TTC. The good news is we get to be cycle buddies again! Does that cheer you up any? :wink2:

Bright! That ultrasound is getting soooo close! Hoping all is well with you and your bean!

SarahlovesJS Where you at girl? What is your status?

Man, this thread is so quiet these days. Did I scare everyone off?

I'll leave you guys with a neato article I found about timing of intercourse.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199512073332301#t=articleResults
Very interesting!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Mia and Bright, thanks for your support and putting up with my whingeing.

I guess I have to look at the fact that I ahven't been trying for as long as a lot of people. I guess I am just frustrated that my entire life seems to have been delayed because of everything that has happened in the last 4 years. Never did I think I would only start trying to conceive my first child at 31, or get married at 30. I guess every time we looked at buying a house or getting married in the past, something went terribly worng to delay that. This is not frustration over TTC so much, just the general way my life has been so far.

Mia, I am so happy to have a TTC buddy. Only problem is, I won't ovulate until CD23 so I don't know if we will be TWW buddies!

Bright, not long to go now. so hoping this is it for you!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

mlk|1335915400|3185140 said:
I guess I have to look at the fact that I ahven't been trying for as long as a lot of people. I guess I am just frustrated that my entire life seems to have been delayed because of everything that has happened in the last 4 years. Never did I think I would only start trying to conceive my first child at 31, or get married at 30. I guess every time we looked at buying a house or getting married in the past, something went terribly worng to delay that. This is not frustration over TTC so much, just the general way my life has been so far.

^ This! I can totally relate to! No I haven't started TTC yet, so I can't really relate to actually trying and then having to see a BFN. But I can relate to feeling like this was not a timeline I thought I would ever be on. I am 30 right now and I have been with my husband for 13 years, married for 4, and wanted children for about 6! I always thought I was going to be a young mom. How could I not be? I met my DH when I was just 17. We came from a small town where it was much more normal to marry and have children young. But something always came up for us as well and it got pushed back and back and back. I also watched everyone around me get pregnant and some have their second child. And all along I waited... and waited... It just plain sucks. :nono: I am very much at peace with our timeline now because I worked really hard at making sure I really enjoyed my childless life the past few years, but I still feel some anger when I look back and think about all the what-ifs. Anyway, I know you have gone through some heavy stuff that I can't even imagine, but it's not too late for things to get better. Maybe you'll get pregnant and be lucky enough to have an easy pregnancy!

mlk|1335915400|3185140 said:
Mia, I am so happy to have a TTC buddy. Only problem is, I won't ovulate until CD23 so I don't know if we will be TWW buddies!

Oh don't you worry it's only CD5 for me today (you're what? CD8?) and I ovulate on CD16-19. We will definitely be in the 2ww together!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Bright, good luck tomorrow sister! Send positive vibes and dust your way. You deserve this!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Hey MLK and Mia- I am in the same boat as you, got married at almost 31 and starting TTC at 32 and still trying at 33. You are not alone. I don't understand why some people have it easy, and some people have challenge after challenge, but I can tell you as someone who seems to can't get a break, my past challenges have helped me cope with this one more easily. I guess I realize that every challenge is temporary?

Bright - I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

AFM - I am on CD1 today. AF came :(. Me and my DH will try the old fashioned way this month, and got back for treatments for the June cycle. The doc is just to far for me to take so much time off work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results