shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

JGator, progesterone supplements/suppositories will delay your period. If you are not pregnant, your period will not come until you stop the progesterone. My RE usually has me do a beta around 14dpo and if it is negative then she would have me stop the progesterone and let my period start. It will come quickly though so no worries on that. But let's hope for good news this afternoon!!! Keep us posted!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for your replies Lizzy, MP, and Tammy. The RE nurse called and said I got a BFN and to stop taking the progesterone. And, we'll go through the same process with Clomid and timed intercourse with trigger again next cycle. She said I'm responding well to Clomid so no need to try something new yet. I think I might take the progesterone again tonight just to be safe in case I am pregnant and re-test in the AM tomorrow and go from there. I feel like I might be giving up too early if I stop the Progesterone now at 12 DPO and 14 days post trigger.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Bright: I found a lot of comfort in the saying around here about your baby coming at his/her right time, I hope you do too.

MP: Yes, my son was born a week before Christmas. Thanks for asking. I have been keeping up with you and some of the other ladies that were on this thread when I was. I hope you are doing well.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

JGator, darnit, so sorry about the beta BFN. :(( I was really hoping you'd get some good news today. It can't hurt to take another day of progesterone and do another test if for no other reason than to give yourself peace of mind. If not this cycle, it sounds like your doctor thinks you have a good chance of getting pregnant on your own again, so that's encouraging. Hugs. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Blackberry, a belated congratulations on the arrival of your son! How exciting. I hope motherhood is treating you well. Your story and others' stories give me hope that I will make it to the "other side" one of these days.

Hope everyone is doing well. We could sure use some good news around here!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Hey guys, just checking in. Looks like it is not so good news here this week.

Bright, I am so sorry, I was so hoping this would be it for you :sick:

MP - Looks like you are progesterone now? You are right, this form needs some good news.

JGator - sorry about the BFN, but I am glad you are able to try again soon.

Tammy - FF can be addicting, I have a 4 month plan, it looks like I will need the one year plan.

AFM - my OPK came back pos today, and I am on CD 17, and that is really late for me. The good news is I have my first apt with an REI on Monday, did not expect it to happen so fast. I am interested to see what he thinks.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock

Hi Everyone!

Thinking of you Bright - this too shall pass and you'll get your sticky bean.

Wanted to share my update since I had my RE visit this week. It went really well and I was very eleived by the end, however now have gotten more nervous. All of my bloodwork came back and if I had doubts before, I can't really entertain them anymore, I definitely have PCOS. My AMH and testosterone are both high, and my LH/FSH ratio is still idicating PCOS, and I have like no progesterone (not surprising, sitting here at cycle day 50). So anyway, we went over all that, saw the films from my HSG and discussed next steps. Inducing ovulation is first, and we're foregoing anything more until we see if DH and I can make it happen once we actually get an egg in the picture.

So I'll be starting on 100mg clomid with this cycle. Apparently that's standard dosing for PCO patients. Does anyone think I should push to start lower due to side effects and whatnot?

The protocol is come in between CD 3-5 for bloodwork and US to be sure I'm ok to start it, then start. Then come back for more BW and US (I'm not exactly sure when, but not longer than a week) and hopefully we'll see that I'm responding and DH and I will be sent on our way with a prescription to BD. Interesting to me, if they see at the follow up that I'm not responding, we will try either an increased dose or different meds without waiting for a new cycle. And we'll have several rounds of that to get through ebfore we would 'graduate' up to injectibles. We didn't talk about trigger shots and I actually forgot to ask so I will be asking the nurse about that nex time I call in.

I was very glad to hear that if I don't respond the cycle is not a total wash and we can see if we can get some stimulation to work. Dr did warn us that since I'm in the 'thin' PCO category and my bloodwork hasn't responded to the metformin, that there is a measurable percentage of PCO women that do not respond to clomid (even when combined with androgen supressing steriods) or letrazole, and injectibles have to be used. We didn't talk about IUI or anything further because we really don't need to think about that at this point (hopefully we won't need to at all). So it was very positive, reassuring, and I'm so glad DH came with me. I got another progesterone injection to bring on my period and we'll get this show on the road! However now that we're there I'm getting nervous. You know, are we realy ready and what if something happens with my job and what if this and don't I want to lose 10 pounds first.... I think that's a fairly natural reaction to not having pregnancy come up as a suprise but more of an intentionally planned event.

One note when the nurse was giving me the injection we were chatting and at my RE's office with IVF the progesterone protocol is injected - and that stuff hurts! I would hate to have to do that every day during the TWW for an IVF. But that's the price you have to pay I guess and she said they've found it to be much more effective than the suppositories.

On Tuesday I also went to Accupuncture for the first time. I found a community accupuncture through a link online and I'm very glad I did. It's a pretty long drive (35 minutes from home) but the Dr was super nice and I have really felt a difference. I have some dietary advice to follow (lots of warm foods, the body is like a garden, plants don't grow in cold soil so emphasize warm food and drinks - and regular meals. I realized I've been eating very erratically and that's jsut not good for anyone, especially not someone trying to regulate hormones) and a suggestion that I do whatever I can to change my job situation to try to reduce my stress. I have felt much more relaxed and am looking forward to my appointment on Saturday. Her protocol for infertility is twice a week for 3 months. For private sessions, that would be $110 a week (community is a sliding scale $20-45) I'm not certain what I'm going to do both as far as spending over $400 a month on it and being able to go twice a week. Every other week I have Tuesday off, but on the off weeks it would be hard to get there (especally since my work is in the other direction, work to the office would be over an hour without traffic and could be as much as 2 hours with traffic). I think Saturdays and then Tesdays when I can will definitely be positive and better than nothing. I definitely recommend it. Some of the needles did hurt but I'm sure I have lots of stuck energy. Most I couldn't feel at all.

SO on the job front I'm really frustrated and fed up. We have a fairly new receptionist and she is so brash and loud and demanding, it's hard to be around her. But she's the bosse's little wonder girl (as if) so she's untouchable. Meanwhile we jsut see the ship slowly sinking and waiting for things to crash down. Hard to be positive in that environment. So I'm putting myself out there every way I can. A friend who works at a local college has a position open in her department that I applied for yesterday and I am SO crossing every finger and toe that I can get an interview! It's pretty hard to get your foot in the door at this institution, but once you do, you're in and there are tons of opportunities to grow and advance.

that's the Rachel update for the week! I hope you guys don't mind my novels, it helps to get it all out there.

I'm having lunch on Saturday with 2 friends and their little ones, excited to go but I'm sure I'll be wistful, and I'm debating on how much if anything I should tell about what's going on. Probably better to keep it to myself unless one of them asks me.

WOW bad PS'er I almost pushed submit without asking how everyone else is doing and to wish a good and fast TWW to everyone who is counting down those days!

OH my final note and a good news one - I was really worried that my infertility benefits were almost used up. Turns out that the insurance has paid out a fraction of the total bills I've received (in-network discounts) so I actually have a good 75% left! That is a huge relief going into a phase with so much monitoring. If I raelly wanted to fight with the insurance I could also try to get the bills to date reclassified as we were realy treating PCOS not seeking pregnancy up until the clomid phase. I'll probably let it ride for now, no need to add insurance stress to my life!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Firecracker, yay for getting an appointment with the RE so quickly! Yay for the positive opk as well! Hope you catch that egg and don't end up needing the RE's help!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Ugh. Stupid iPad ate my post. Trying again.  

Jgator, so sorry for the bfn. Did you test again?

Mp, how are you holding up? You test next Friday, right? Fingers crossed for you!

Ltl, glad you have a re appointment so soon! Let us know how it goes!

Tammy, how are you enjoying the VIP membership? I've been tempted, but haven't taken the plunge. 

Miss rach, glad your appointment went so well & that your doc has many options for you. I started with 50mg of clomid last cycle. I've heard that letrozole also works well, especially for thin pcos patients. How did your doc determine that the metformin wasn't helping you? 
I'm glad you found an acupuncturist you like too. I started off once a week, but my acupuncturist probably would've preferred I came twice a week. I find my sessions relaxing, though some of the needles (especially the ones in the hands) can pinch on insertion. Good luck! I'm hoping the clomid is all you need to get things going!

Blackberry, congrats on your little one & thanks for stopping in & offering your support. 

Hi to prana, dani, Mlk & anyone else I missed!

Thanks so much for all of your kind words of support during this difficult time. I'm sorry I've been quiet, but I'm still processing all of this. Knowing I have so many friends rooting for me here really warms my heart. 

My Re recommended going the misoprostol route rather than either waiting for things to clear out naturally, which apparently can take a long time, or going the d&c route, which is more invasive, involves anesthesia & could result in complications or scarring. So I took the meds at noon yesterday & basically sat around all day with some pretty obnoxious cramping, but no bleeding. I did start to spot about 12 hours after taking the meds, but then it stopped altogether. Nothing at all happened overnight. 

I was prepared for a pretty rough day & night, but then hoped this would be over so I could start to really grieve and move on, but now I'm still in the waiting game. It's pretty frustrating. Also, the nurse in the office told me to call them if nothing had happened within 5 hours of my dose. I did. Twice. And didn't receive a callback.  :angryfire: I finally spoke with someone this morning (after 2 more calls!) & am waiting for the nurse to talk with my doc to determine how to proceed. 

Happy Friday to all. 

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Ugh Bright, I have no idea how any of that works, but I'm so sorry the meds have not done what they're supposed to do yet. As if it weren't hard enough that you have to go through this process in the first place! I hope your doctor is able to give you advice to speed the process along, so that you can take the time you need to grieve. Hugs my friend.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, mp. I still haven't heard back from the doc & have been waiting all day to know how to proceed. I'm pretty annoyed. :angryfire:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, is there a chance of you changing offices? Between making you wait a full week for an u/s, then making you wait an hour to find out what was going on at your u/s appt, and now this, I can't help but feel like they just...suck. You deserve better. :angryfire:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, that's truly shameful. I'm so sorry that this process is continuing to be drawn out and frustrating. I know RE's offices are busy and have a lot of people calling, but honestly, there needs to be a prompt and sensitive response in this type of situation. At the same time, I can understand why now wouldn't be the best time to switch REs, especially since you have a plan in place that you know works for you, but boy oh boy, I hope you let them have it once this horrible business is over with. Somebody needs to know about how you've been treated! In the meantime, I hope you are doing whatever you can to relax and take care of yourself. I hope DH is taking good care of you too.

JGator, thinking of you today too.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, sorry your office is being such a pain. Hope you hear back soon. See if you can get the doctor or nurse's email address. I know my doctor communicates with my nurse via text since he covers 3 offices in the DC area, and they are really good about getting back to me via email. Opposite of my old ob's office which was a nightmare and I'm glad I am not dealing with them anymore.

MP, thanks for thinking of me. I had another BFN today. I took the Progesterone last night, but I won't bother tonight as I don't want to delay my next cycle. Hope you are hanging in there. Only 1 week left of your TWW! Keeping fingers and toes crossed. We need some good news around here and soon!!!

Firecracker, glad you were able to get an appointment so quickly. Hope it goes smoothly and that you catch your egg this cycle.

Rachel, I take 100MG of Clomid and haven't had any issues. I have gone through 2 cycles so far. Glad you have a plan in place. I may start looking into acupuncture..but I fear needles and blood and veins :-o ...so, we'll see if I can do that or not. I don't seem to be getting any better at having my blood drawn. I do like massages though.........wonder if that helps with TTC.

AFM, going with DH to the DC car show tonight. We still haven't decided on a car so maybe we'll focus on that for a while.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, Tammy. I have considered switching offices several times & am still considering it. The only thing that makes me want to stay is the thought that at least I have a plan in place here & I feel switching would set me back time wise. 

Mp, you hit the nail on the head regarding my re's office. I've also heard that other offices are similarly overcrowded so I'm not necessarily convinced that I'd be better off somewhere else. Still, it's maddening. At least they were compassionate at my appointment (once they finally saw me!)

Jgator, I have the email address for one of the nurses, but she told me I'd get a faster response via phone. In this age of fast response, always-on email access & accountability in most fields, it's amazing to me that this lack of responsiveness flies in the medical community. Geez. 
I'm sorry about the bfn. Hugs to you. Good luck at the car show! 
And I'm afraid of needles too, but am not very bothered by the acupuncture needles. But massage sounds great too!

Well, The nurse finally got back to me. I did express my annoyance at their response time & she was apologetic. They want me to take another dose of misoprostol tomorrow morning, then come in for a follow up appointment (u/s & maybe bloodwork) on Monday. I'd really hoped I would be finished with this by the weekend, but it seems that's not to be. 

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

JGator, happy car shopping. I'm so sorry this cycle didn't work out for you. You'll be doing a natural cycle with clomid again right?

Bright, I'm hoping that your second dose worked better and that you can put this behind you soon and start looking forward.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Mp, sadly the second dose didn't work, nor did the third. Only some spotting and cramping & a slight fever, nothing else. I'm just frustrated & angry at this point & the on call doc wasn't helpful (he was rather rude) when he finally called (actually texted!) me back. I just want this all to be over. :nono: I have a follow up with my doc tomorrow morning, so we'll see what happens then.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Bright: I'm so sorry that this has been drawn out, how terrible! Also, can you go to a different RE next time? I can't believe how you have been treated during this difficult time. I don't know how you selected your RE but I had a bad experience with my first one so I changed clinics. It was much easier to go through this process when I felt valued and taken care of.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Bright, so sorry you are going through this. Bad enough to suffer a loss, but to have an RE with no sensitivity is just not acceptable. Please please please look into another one. When I did not like my first RE, I ended up staying with the same practice but getting a different RE and she was just amazing. She would call me to check up on me. But I have to say that the office staff itself was wonderful. But in your case, it seems like the staff isn't always great. Please consider it lady. I hope at your appt tomorrow you find out that all is clear. I don't want this to drag any further along.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bright, I'm so sorry things aren't going well. I think some others on PS have has a similar experience with drugs used to induce miscarriage. It's rough. :(sad

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bright, I am very sorry for your loss. I'm sorry you have to deal with these communication issues with your RE. I hope things get sorted out quickly with your doctors. Take care of yourself.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, I'm glad you have an appointment this morning. Hopefully, nature will just takes its course soon. I'll be thinking about you and hoping this phase passes quickly. I know it must be very hard.

AFM, I'm 10dpiui and feeling pretty anxious. I had a hard night last night and was just feeling really down and pessimistic about my chances. I know I would not necessarily be feeling any differently if I were pregnant, but I just don't feel like I am. I know it's silly to get worked up before I know for sure, but I was just so sad. The prometrium is making my bbs sore (I know it's the progesterone because it started a couple days after I started taking it). Did anyone else have that side effect? It's annoying!

How is everyone else doing? Any getting close to the end of the 2WW? It's been quiet around here, but I hope that means that everything is going smoothly for now!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

G'morning Ladies!

MP, I was thinking of you this morning and wondering how your TWW is going. I understand the crazy anxious, I'm sure yours is through the roof! Just a few more days, I'm hoping that the sore bb thing isn't just the progesterone talking!

I wish I could say that I was breezing right through the 2nd half of my TWW, but I'm just failing miserably at it. First, I had a HUGE temp drop at 6 DPO and now my temp is higher than usual. Add in a bunch of cloudy EWCM at 7 DPO and well, I'm a symptom spotting wreck!

Wanna peek? Tammy's Chart What do you think?! :twirl:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

MP, how sore are you talking regarding the bb's? I noticed a little change when using prometrium but not really sore, just well a "noticeable awareness" of them if that makes sense. However, when I have been pregnant, they started off as a little sore and then it progressed to a lot sore. Stay positive, only a couple more days till you can test!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Tammy, your chart looks great. I would say that's an implantation dip.

MP, I had sore bbs this past cycle but more in the first half of the TWW than the 2nd half - I thought it was related to the Trigger or Clomid. So, maybe that's a good sign for you. Only 4 days till your blood test right? Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you.

Bright, hope your appointment went as well as can be expected under the circumstances today. Thinking of you.

AFM, still waiting for AF to show. AF was due Saturday, but I think the Progesterone/Crinone delayed things a bit since I took it on Thursday night. My temp did drop today so I'm expecting it any hour now.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Tammy, I think your chart's looking really good. Hopefully the temps will just keep on climbing!

Lizzy, I just notice it at certain times like after I've been laying on my stomach or put on or take off a bra. I thought they were getting progressively sorer over the last few days, but actually as I'm sitting here feeling myself up in my office ;-), they aren't that sore right now. I really do think it is the progesterone in my case because I think my bbs are just very sensitive to hormonal changes - my nips were sore after O the last couple of months when I took clomid and others have not experienced that. Really trying to stay positive, but I would feel much better if I felt something different than I usually do. Friday will be here soon enough.

JGator, sorry AF is taking awhile to show. You're sure you're not pregnant, right? Any luck with your car shopping?

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Bright- Just checking in on you. How did your appt go? I am appalled and so so so sorry that you are dealing with an insenstitive and unresponsive doctor's office on top of all of this. Hugs, thinking of you and I just want this part to pass quickly for you.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

bright & MP, thinking of both of you ladies this week.

Bright, hope you were able to see someone this morning. I'm sorry you have to deal with real jerks during this trying time. But you've got a ton of ladies on PS here for you. Hope you can take some comfort in that.

MP, wow, I'm going to be checking this thread religiously this week. Hoping the sore boobs etc are a good sign. And just make sure your office door is closed as you feel yourself up ;)) Any word on the job front???

~LC

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies. So, I saw my RE this morning for an ultrasound & consult. As I suspected, the (empty) sac is still there, as I haven't had any more than brown spotting since taking the 3 doses of misoprostol. He said that the drug doesn't work in about 20% of patients (this is not the set of odds I wanted to beat!) & scheduled me for a D&C for Friday. I'm pretty nervous about the procedure, but glad to have an end date in sight. He will do it himself at the hospital which is right across the street from his regular office. He also said that we can try again with the same protocol on my next cycle (meaning after I get my 1st period after the D&C). I'm thinking that I might just take this cycle off from TTC (or at least monitoring). Since we didn't get knocked up in our 12 months of trying naturally & monitoring, I really doubt it would happen this month & that's ok.

I also told my RE about all of the issues I had with the office not being responsive & the on-call doc not only not being responsive, but being a jerk to me when he finally did respond. I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but after he texted me, I called him back and, among other things, he said that my emergency was not his emergency. That made me really angry (and also made me cry.)

I told my RE this & he was livid. My RE is the head of his department & said he was going to make sure this sort of thing never happened again to me or anyone else. He apologized to me & said I was owed an apology by the on-call doc. He said this wasn't the first time they'd had problems with this guy, but that this was inexcusable. He also escalated the matter to the guy who runs the practice, who was instructed to bring the on-call doc in ASAP to address this. He's also going to talk to the answering service to make sure they take the necessary measures to make sure people get the response & help they need. My RE also gave me his personal cell number and told me to feel free to call or text if I needed him.

Also, the on-call doc was actually the one who did my IUI since it was done over the weekend. That experience was fine, but I don't want to go back to him again after this. I told my RE this & he said that he would make sure I didn't have to do that.

So, while the situation was pretty awful, I feel like the problem is being addressed. I feel validated & that someone is looking out for me, which really helps. I really feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

blackberry, thanks for the info on RE's. It's definitely been a rough go this month, but I'm cautiously optimistic that things will be better now. If they aren't, I'm outta here!

lizzy, generally the nurses are good at my RE's office. I think, with the exception of the fiasco over the weekend, my main previous complaint was the wait time to see the doc & feeling rushed, which are likely issues in other practices too. Hopefully things are on an upturn now. If not, I will definitely switch.

puppmom, thanks. It was frustrating that the drugs didn't work, but caused me more emotional discomfort than physical. Fortunately, it looks like this will be over soon.

LV, thanks, lady. ::)

MP, thanks. I'm feeling really hopeful about you this month. I had really sore bbs too (they still are), but it's probably hard to sort out the symptoms as it was my first cycle on any drugs at all & my first bfp too. (sad to write that...) I know you're not usually a tester, but you'll have to this month because of the progesterone, right? When's the big day? Crossing everything for you!

tammy, your chart looks great, lady! Looks like an implantation dip to me.... :naughty:

JGator, so sorry AF is on its way. Hugs. Do you have a plan for next cycle? How was the car show?

China, thanks, lady. It's been a pretty rough go. Thanks for checking on me. I'm looking forward to not thinking about this for a while. Maybe DH & I can take a little trip on our month off.

LC, thanks. I do, indeed, take much comfort in the support of you wonderful ladies. ::)

I sure hope we get some good news around these parts soon!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

LC, he he he. I am pretty careful to make sure I don't check my bbs when the door is wide open, but one thing I forget is that the people in the building across the street can see into my office too :oops: Thanks for the good wishes! You're getting so close now, I'm so excited for you and NEL and the others to start posting pics of your babes.

Bright, I'm sorry you are going to have to do a D&C after all, but you're right that it will at least bring certainty and closure. I just wish you didn't have to wait even longer. I'm so proud of you for calling out that jerky doctor. I CANNOT believe he said what he said to you. And your emergency IS his emergency when he is on-call. What an arrogant, insensitive jerk!!! I would have been furious too! Completely understandable that you may want to take the month off. You've been through a stressful month, make that a stressful year. Just know we're here to support you. Depending on how this cycle ends up, we may be doing this whole thing together again.... And I definitely agree that we need some good news!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1327961024|3115078 said:
LC, he he he. I am pretty careful to make sure I don't check my bbs when the door is wide open, but one thing I forget is that the people in the building across the street can see into my office too :oops: Thanks for the good wishes! You're getting so close now, I'm so excited for you and NEL and the others to start posting pics of your babes.

Bright, I'm sorry you are going to have to do a D&C after all, but you're right that it will at least bring certainty and closure. I just wish you didn't have to wait even longer. I'm so proud of you for calling out that jerky doctor. I CANNOT believe he said what he said to you. And your emergency IS his emergency when he is on-call. What an arrogant, insensitive jerk!!! I would have been furious too! Completely understandable that you may want to take the month off. You've been through a stressful month, make that a stressful year. Just know we're here to support you. Depending on how this cycle ends up, we may be doing this whole thing together again.... And I definitely agree that we need some good news!

So, I totally do that too (feeling self up to check for symptoms.) Maybe you made someone in the office across the street's day. :naughty:

Yeah, it would be nice if I could get the D&C sooner, but at least it will be over this week & my doc will be doing it.
That doc was really an ass. I get that lack of response to a med isn't an actual emergency, but the nurse told me to tell the service it was an emergency in order to get a callback. And it was a really insensitive thing to say, especially to someone who is clearly in a very emotionally charged situation. Yep, I sure hope 2012 is better than 2011. It was off to a good start for me, but has taken a dramatic downturn. :rolleyes:

So, when are you testing? :naughty: So excited & hopeful for you! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results