color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

amc80|1320683135|3056094 said:
PilsnPinkysMom said:
AMC: Oh. My. GOSH! Woman! You’re PREGNANT! I was teary eyed when I saw your post.. I’m am beyond thrilled for you and your DH/FI. Many congrats to you and tell little Stewie to STICK! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months, mama!

Thank you so much!!

I totally see a line. It looks similar to the one I posted the day before I got my BFP.

Mayerling, OMG, congrats! I think we have the same EDD based on ovulation. You were 15DPO when you tested and that was yesterday, right? I'm eithr 14 or 16 DPO today, so we are right on!

Also, I'm jealous of those cool digis you guys can buy over there.

What a fun few days on this thread!!

AFM, still in disbelief. I did take my first belly pic yesterday to use as a baseline pic. I made a deal with Stewie- if he eats all of my fat over the next 2.5 weeks, I'll feed him anything he wants on the cruise. :)

According to FF, I'm 15DPO today. Is your EDD July 17th? That's what FF told me.

Do you not have the same digis over there? Clearblue that tells you how many weeks along you are?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

mayerling|1320684500|3056117 said:
According to FF, I'm 15DPO today. Is your EDD July 17th? That's what FF told me.

Do you not have the same digis over there? Clearblue that tells you how many weeks along you are?

Weird! I'm 16DPO with an EDD of July 14th...based on what FF says. I wonder why ours are so different?

We can't get those digis, ours only say pregnant/not pregnant. The weeks thing is pretty fun.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Mayerling & ppm, congrats!! Lots of sticky dust to you both!

Mp, I'm so glad it went well with the np & that you have a great plan to move forward. (and yay for validation!) My dh had to give his sample in the office too. He said it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. Fingers crossed that you get to the bottom of this soon & get your well deserved bfp.

I'll post more later as I'm in the doc's office now. Or, more accurately, standing in front of the office as I arrived for my sono appt right as the building was being evacuated for fire. :angryfire:

Not sure what to do now but this doesn't seem to be the most auspicious start.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy- Great news! Can't wait to hear your update this week! :appl:

Mayerling- Congrats! :appl:

PPM- I can NEVER see the lines on the screen but the girls on this thread are always right. ;)) Quiet congrats! :appl:

Megumic- OMG, the day bar results came out I was a basket case. Luckily my husband saw them before I did. I was in a meeting and came out to a vm from him telling me congrats so I didn't have to look for my name. Funny story- they apparently left off the first page the first time they posted it and my husband's last name starts with "A" so the first go round his wasn't there. I would have freaked. He, being the super smartie that he is, thought "oh, they must have left off a page" and refreshed, saw his name. Keeping fingers crossed for you!

MonkeyPrincess- SO happy to hear you had a good appt! :appl: Tell DH to nut up. :cheeky:

Bright- I popped over here to check in on you and saw you are fire-delayed. :o :nono: Hope you get the appt anyways. Thinking of you.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Thanks China, JGator and Bright. I really do feel optimistic for the first time in months. Even if we don't get a BFP right away, I at least want to know what we are up against. I forgot the funniest part of the whole SA thing. She gave me a cup, so DH could practice getting the sample in the cup if he wanted. :shock: I told DH that, and he about died! We're not big advocates of solo performances, so I think he'll just have to do his best to hit the target when it counts.

Bright, are you serious?! How incredibly annoying. You know how they say raining on your wedding day is a good sign? Well, maybe it's the same with fire drills before medical tests. I'm sure it will go fine.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! Congrats AMC, Mayerling, and PPM!!! It's a baby boom!! :appl: :bigsmile: :appl: :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kunzite|1320690692|3056182 said:
Wow! Congrats AMC, Mayerling, and PPM!!! It's a baby boom!! :appl: :bigsmile: :appl: :bigsmile:
Ditto HUGE congrats ladies!!!!!! I m so HAPPY for all of you & you too K :appl: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile:
PilsnPinkysMom, mine was super light like yours when I 1st thought I was preggo & sure enough I was :D

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Congrats AMC, Mayerling, and PPM!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Sticky dust coming your way!

MP, so glad your appt went well and that you are feeling hopeful. The SA thing sucks for the guys for sure. But I think finding out if there is a problem will help you guys be on your way to a BFP and that makes it worth the embarrassment you know? Clomid and IUI sounds like a nice idea for you! It is a less scientific and less costly approach and it will get his swimmers where they need to be. Sending you positive vibes!

AFM, Of the 14 eggs...11 fertilized. I got the call today that my embryos were down to 10, but they looked great and that I was going to do a day 5 transfer! So that is great news! She said that there are some that are separating themselves from the bunch in terms of multiplication so there are definitely going to be some really strong ones on Wednesday (day 5). Since it will be a day 5 transfer, I will only be transferring one back into my body. But it will be the strongest little emby!!! Thinking hopeful thoughts....

amc80

Ideal_Rock

lizzyann|1320692359|3056205 said:
AFM, Of the 14 eggs...11 fertilized. I got the call today that my embryos were down to 10, but they looked great and that I was going to do a day 5 transfer! So that is great news! She said that there are some that are separating themselves from the bunch in terms of multiplication so there are definitely going to be some really strong ones on Wednesday (day 5). Since it will be a day 5 transfer, I will only be transferring one back into my body. But it will be the strongest little emby!!! Thinking hopeful thoughts....

That's great news!! Really hoping this works for you. And because it's a day 5 transfer, that means you'll be able to test a week or so after the transfer, right?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, I'm so happy to hear your news! Hopefully, your future baby is already growing strong! Sending you relaxing and stress-free vibes for the next couple of days.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy, this is so exciting!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Are you SURE you only want to transfer one? :cheeky:

MonkeyPrincess- I can hear the lightness in your post, what a difference. And your comment about not being big advocates of solo performances has me laughing. I don't think DH and I have an official stand on the matter, perhaps we should put one in writing. :lol: Although due to m/s, if my DH has not lined up any solo performances lately, he might explode. :devil:

Bright- Any updates?

Love how the BFP's always happen in waves around here! Any more TWW'ers out there?

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Yeah, Lizzy, you should have a really strong, sticky embryo to transfer on Day 5. When is that exactly? I assume in the next couple days. Will be keeping you and the future baby in my thoughts and prayers.

Bright, I hope you were able to have your procedure today despite the fire drill. Looking forward to your update.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

So, after a bit of a wait, the building was ok'd for entry & my sono proceeded as scheduled. The procedure itself was a bit painful (worse than the hsg), but the nurses seemed to think the aftershocks (cramping, etc.) shouldn't be as bad. Fingers crossed...
Apparently my uterus looked good & no fibroids, etc. but I do seem to have a very mild case of PCOS, as I suspected. My RE said he wasn't concerned about it & only told me when I asked specifically. That does explain the hair loss, though. They took my blood to check my testosterone levels today for more info. I asked if there was a way to treat it & he said there wasn't anything he could do while I was TTC (he said the anti-androgen treatment could hurt a (male) fetus). So, part of me is glad to have an explanation, but I feel a bit helpless that it can't be treated now.
In the good news department, I gave him the detailed SA report for my DH & he didn't think it was that bad. Also, we have a plan, moving forward. We're going to do IUI with clomid & trigger shot for next month. I'm a little sad that we're going to have to go the clinical route (nothing says romance like a speculum), but mostly I'm happy to have a plan to move forward. :))

MP, so it seems we might be IUI buddies? If your DH goes in for his SA quickly, you might even be able to start the clomid for next cycle. (I was directed to take it from CD5-9). I'm on CD 10 now & next cycle seems like forever away!
I'm thinking about whether or not I want to take this cycle off from monitoring since we have IUI scheduled for next month. (But I do have a shipment of OPK's & Instead cups on the way...)
Oh, and the target practice for your DH is hilarious! :lol: Maybe you could make a fun game of it. (Not quite sure what that game would be, but use your imagination... :idea: )
It did rain on my wedding day, btw. Apparently all of the elements want to get in on the action now. (Actually, come to think of it, I had my hsg after the hurricane...)

Lizzy, that's great news! :appl: I'm so glad you're going to do a day 5 transfer with the strongest emby! Sending you tons of positive energy & hoping this is it for you! Keep us posted on how it goes on Wednesday.

meg, very excited & optimistic for you. Keep us posted!

HOT, good to see you! I hope you're well.

JGator, I hope you hear back on the genetic testing soon. I'm so glad AF finally arrived so you can start TTC again. I hope your DH is home when you need him & you catch that eggie!

LtlFirecracker, thanks for the article. From what I read, if the cause of the hair loss is a hormonal imbalance, it seems like it's reversible. (I hope!) I do dye my hair pretty frequently (monthly) but I don't know if that's considered frequently enough to cause hair loss. As if a long time TTC struggle isn't stressful enough... :roll:
I hope this month is the one for you! Best of luck in your fellowship. When do you find out?

Jen, let us know how the progesterone supplements work for you. I hope they help with the pre-Af spotting.

tammy, sorry you had a rough weekend & hope you're feeling better today. TTC can definitely be a stressful time. Hugs to you.

China, thanks for popping in to check on me. :)) I hope your m/s is better soon! (laughing about the solo performances...)

Super excited for all of the BFP's lately! I hope all is well in JBP-land. :wavey:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats to all the recent BFPs - AMC, Mayerling, PPM, and Kunzite!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: It really does come in waves. You ladies are going to enjoy being in JBP-land together!

MP, so glad your appointment with the NP went well, and that you have a solid plan moving forward.

Lizzy, fingers crossed for you that your embryos continue to multiply and get stronger for your Day 5 transfer on Wednesday! So exciting! Are you going to freeze any of them for a future Baby #3? :Up_to_something: :naughty:

JGator, here's hoping that AF blows through soon so you can get back on track this cycle!

Bright, glad you were able to get on with your saline ultrasound after the fire drill. Sorry it was more painful than your HSG though! I'm sure your DH will appreciate your RE's opinion about his SA being not as bad as you thought. Yay for having a plan for next cycle!

Good luck to the rest of the 2WWers!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, good news about your results! Sorry it was uncomfortable, but I hope the nurse was right about the side effects. And I'm so happy your DH's SA results were not as dire as first feared. Crossing my fingers we get similar news next week. I would definitely take it easy this month if I were you. That's what we did this cycle, and it was nice not worrying so much about timing BD perfectly. And yes, it does sound like we were given the same plan for next cycle. Except my NP said she would likely have me start clomid on day 3 (I guess because I have relatively short cycles), and that's why she wanted to have DH go in for the SA as soon as I find out whether I'm pregnant this month, so I can get started right away. I researched a bit about the difference between starting on day 3 and day 5, and the info is pretty conflicting. I share your dismay at the thought of having conception be so clinical and not done the old-fashioned way but then again, timing BD around the results of a little test strip for the past 10 months hasn't been all that romantic at times either, so I guess I have already somewhat let go of that fairytale.

ETA: So what did they base the PCOS diagnosis on? Did they see cysts on your ovaries? Nice to have a little bit of an explanation at least for what you've been experiencing.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, great news! I am so happy that you have a plan. IUI should be just what you need. Wishing and hoping for a super sticky bean for you soon. That would be great if you and MP could be IUI cycle buddies. I would love to join you two - we'll see what my RE says a week from Friday.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats PPM! So happy for you! Cheers to you for a healthy 9 months and a sticky beano! :appl:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

MP - I am glad everything went so well. From my memory, the NP is doing things in the correct order. Yes, the men usually need to "collect" in the clinic. After spending a month in an REI clinic in med school, I can tell it happened at least twice weekly. I think the worse part for the attending was that he had to personally go out and get the "reading material."

BrightSpot - Thank you for the well wishes, the latest I find out about the fellowship is mid December. I am glad you have a plan and a possible cause for your issues. PCOS is a very common cause of fertility issues, it will be interested to see what you testerone levels show. Monthly hair dying is pretty frequent, do you dye it at home or get it done? Most good stylists are pretty straight forward if they think it is the dye. They usually dye it back to your natural color and tell you to leave it alone for awhile. BTW, this is something I learned form experience and not med school, my cousin is a bit older than me and was in the whole 80's punk rock scene, she almost lost her hair :-0.

Lizzy - wishing you luck with the transfer!

PPM - Congrats! So excited for you and wishing you a heathy 9 months!

JGator - thank you, it looks like you working the timing out really well.

Jen - I know the wait can be frustrating, but I am hoping all goes well with the progesterone.

AFM - I got cross hairs today! It look I O'ed on CD 14 which is the day after my husband came home! I feel good that I have been right in the past as to when I thought I was ovulating. So I am officially in the TWW and 3 DPO. So now I guess it is just watch and wait. FF is telling me to test day 16-17 DPO, but I think that is kind of late, especially since my cycles average 29 days. I am thinking first test will be day 12-13 DPO.

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock

PPM - I see the line too! Congratulations!!

Bright & MP - I'm glad both of your visits went well and that you are formulating plans. I can understand it's a little eh on the romance factor, but hopefully will bring little joys into your lives very soon!

lizzy - that's such exciting news! sending lots of dust your way...

JGator - thanks for sharing your experiences with progesterone, it's always great to get as much feedback as possible. I took my first pill last night and didn't feel anything different - I don't know what I expected, but you know how dangerous it could be to "research" something on the internet... I found tons of sites with people complaining about severe side effects. So, hopefully I'll continue not to notice any. The real test will be in the 5-8 days from now to see if the spotting stays away.

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock

Oh and Ltl - yay for crosshairs. Welcome to the TWW!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Good evening, fellow TTCers!

Thanks for your line analysis and tentative congrats. A second test with a darker line confirmed my suspicions, though I'm extremely, extremely cautiously optimistic (actually, quite pessimistic!) because of my prior early m/c.

If you don't mind, I'd like to still hang 'round these parts for a while!

Ltl: Welcome to the 2ww. May it be short, painless and POSITIVE for you!

Lizzy: Awesome news! Glad they're holding off until Wednesday. Sounds like you are committed to one transfer, which I totally understand. It's a tough decision to make, I'm sure. Lots of sticky, sticky dust for you to prep your ute... and then EXTRA sticky dust come Wednesday!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lizzy, I'm glad things are progressing swimmingly (no pun intended!). I have a really good feeling about this bean-to-be!

PPM, I totally understand your state of uncertainty. It's weird, we weren't TTC when I got pregnant and miscarried but it's really got me wanting to have another. On the other hand, I would probably be super nervous if I got another BFP. It'll make this successful pregnancy even sweeter.

Mayerling, Congrats! :appl: :appl:

Good luck to all of the other TTCers. I love when some posts a good BFP pic!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock

I posted earlier but it went into nowhere....

Anyway big congrats on the BFB Boom!! :appl:

My news for today is that struck gold on my appointment - I called again to get in and since I was flexible about location and provider I got in this week!! Friday is WAAAY better than waiting until January! I feel relief already knowing that I'll start finding out what's happening and get this TTC show on the road! I'll be seeing an OB generalist so everything should be covered and I' really hoping that all I need is some kind of kick-start to get my cycle going. I'm not against intervention in the slightest, I just want to give it a try. I'm not super good at waiting with no end date in sight so knowing something will start is realy great.

Good luck to everyone in the TWW!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Things are certainly hoppin over here! Playing a little catch up…

Again, amc, PPM and mayerling – CONGRATS! Hope those beanies are sticky sticky sticky! KUP on how things are going, even if you leave us for JBP! (We understand!)

Tammy, thanks for the wine suggestion. I’ll look for that next time at the liquor store. How many DPO are you now??? Eager for you to test...

JGator, glad AF arrived. It is a good sign things are working and your body is in a good place. Do you plan to try this cycle? I have honestly felt with all of this that the only thing helping us feel better is that we can try again. Trying again also means being prepared for the worst again, however, to me that is worth the potential outcome of a tiny happy baby. Hope your spirits are high and the time until O passes quickly!

Jen, welcome to the TWW! How are the supplements going? I know it’s TMI, but I don’t know anything about them. They’re vaginal right? Like a monistat treatment? More importantly, when is your test dateish? I say ish b/c it could be a window…

MP, glad to hear things went well with the NP. It sounds like she is being very proactive and starting to chop away at the potential things that could be the cause. I have a friend who tried for two years and never got pregnant, so went and did an IUI and was pregnant the first time. She just had her son in September. Hope your DH has good aim for his sample!

ChinaCat,
OMGosh I am STILL waiting. I am DYING over here. Btw the Bar exam and the TWW I am a basket case in waiting purgatory! That sounds like it could have been traumatic for your DH as they left a page off! Gosh I would have freaked. Results are expected sometime this week or next week…fingers crossed for all good news!

Lizzy, Wow, 10 is still great! It sounds very promising! That’s great you’re going for the one strongest embryo. So the transfer is tomorrow, right? Will be thinking of you lots and hoping all goes well. The transfer is the easiest part right?? Just like a mini turkey baster? Also, this is a dumb question, but I am just curious because I don’t know…are the other embryos preserved and/or frozen for potential future use? Or can you not do that? Glad you’re in the TWW with us!

Bright, glad you had an informative appointment and it sounds like you have a great plan. (The same as MP just about, right?) It too sounds like you’ve got a great advocate and you’re taking solid steps in the right direction. I mean speculums are pretty sexy as a far as I’m concerned! Ha.

Firecracker, yay for crosshairs! To me, that’s three days of the TWW, waiting for those darn temps to give crosshairs. Only 11 more to go, or less! I’d test around 12-13 days too. That said, I was negative 14 days after BD, (not O, I didn’t know my O date that month since I was lazy!) but on 16 days post BD I was positive! So when’s your test date??

Missrachel, glad you got an appt so soon! That is great news! It can be so irritating/tricky getting in for Drs appts. I always ask for cancellation lists or I call back the day before a good day for me to see if there are cancellations! Glad you’re in! Will your DH go with you? KUP.

HI to all others I missed! :))

Also, how many TWW do we have and what’s your test date?? I just want to know that I’m not alone! I am 7 DPO today, so looking at a Friday test I guess, as well as all darn weekend likely as last time I didn’t test positive until 1 day before missed AF.

AFM, ugh. I had bloodwork for my thyroid Saturday and the Dr left me a vmail yesterday saying I needed to come in this week. Ugh. That was bad news. I called back and my numbers jumped off the roof. I actually thought they would have improved as I was feeling better, but turns out I was wrong. ;( I started sobbing right at my desk because it means she’s going to put me on PTU, which is an antithyroid drug that reigns back the hormones my thyroid produces. It is a class C drug, meaning that it has known birth defects, although it has been determined to be the safest antithyroid drug for pregnancy. The risks of being hyperthyroid and pregnant are far worse than the risks of the medication, so essentially the benefits of being medicated by the class C drug outweigh the potential risk for birth defects. Still not an ideal option in my mind…

Just so frustrated. So I see the endocrinologist Friday. DH and I both have the day off so it will be good to go together and really talk about my options, which are to have my thyroid removed or treat it. I guess I get torn up btw the should we wait til I am off the drug to have a baby, or do we risk the slight risk of defects and go for it? I don’t want to be selfish and put our future bean at risk, but I also don’t want to let this stop our life. Ugh.

In other news, I’ve had what I believe to be light implantation spotting still. It’s dark brownish and shows up about once per day for the past few days. I’ve had cramping a little and have been super gassy, but that’s about it. Maybe could just be my body is still off from the MC...who knows. I’m eager to test, but also feel hopeless after the bloodwork news yesterday. Now I’m just waiting to fail the bar exam. (I know, I’m throwing a giant pity party for myself, but it has just been a crappy few months and I feel like DH and I need a break or we’re going to lose it.)

ETA, my temp went up again after a three day tiny dip (implantation dip?). It's starting to look triphasic, depends what happens from here on out...

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock

ladies....

I have good news and bad news....

The bad news is, I just joined the TTC thread two or three weeks ago and havent had a chance to get to know everyone...

The good news is...................

678250511_2425201158_0.jpeg

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

WOOOO NF! CONGRATS!!!! SO excited for you! Many wishes for a sticky beanie and a happy and healthy 9 months! YAY! :appl:

PS - You're a jerkstore! (It's a joke way back in this thread...someone who gets preggo right away is a jerkstore!)

(here's to hoping all of these BFP's rub off on the rest of us!)

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock

megumic|1320758404|3056764 said:
WOOOO NF! CONGRATS!!!! SO excited for you! Many wishes for a sticky beanie and a happy and healthy 9 months! YAY! :appl:

PS - You're a jerkstore! (It's a joke way back in this thread...someone who gets preggo right away is a jerkstore!)

(here's to hoping all of these BFP's rub off on the rest of us!)

Thanks!!

Lol for some reason I remember that name from lurking, haha. But dont remember how it came about.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Congrats NF, you are definitely a jerkstore :) J/K Dust for a sticky little bean! BTW, I know the answer about the "jerkstore" thing! It came from Seinfeld. (My brother used to be a huge fan, so I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode at least twice!) Anyway, somebody makes fun of George for pigging out on shrimp cocktail and says something like, "The ocean called and wants its shrimp back." And then George comes up with a comeback about how the jerkstore called because it was running out of jerks or something like that. It was a pretty funny episdoe, and we use variations of the original insult a lot in my family.

Meg, ugh, the dreaded bar results. I know how anxiety-provoking the wait can be. I remember I felt really confident leaving the test, but then as the result day got closer and closer, I started to convince myself I had actually done really horribly and would fail. Then the day the results came (they only mailed them and did not post them online), I had to work all day and then go to a long meeting after work, knowing all the while the results were sitting in my mailbox, and all of my classmates were calling and texting with their results. Not fun! I would have had a heart attack if I were China's DH! Hang in there! Oh, and sorry about your thyroid results. Too bad you didn't know the results before you started TTC again, but hopefully, if you do get your BFP, you will find a good and safe solution.

PPM, congrats again! Sending sticky dust your way, and I hope this one is here to stay!

Firecracker, that's great about your temps, and your timing was great. Good luck!

JGator, hoping you get good news from your RE. I really want you to get another BFP soon!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, NF! :appl: :appl: :appl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

NF, congrats!!

Well, bad news ladies. I woke up this morning and my temp was way down (I'm 17DPO). Not below my cover line, but pretty close. I took my last FRER and it was negative. So it looks like a chemical pregnancy (I've decided I hate that term)/early mc. Boo. I have a call into my doctor to see about getting a blood test. I'm trying to see the positive and be happy this happened now and not in a few weeks when I'm on the cruise...It really does suck though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results