carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

A big hello to the TTCers! :wavey:

Lizzy, thinking of you...staying hopeful...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies, unfortunately no good news. My beta went down to 5. RE nurse told me my bb's still hurt because my progesterone is dropping but is still pretty high. Bleeding should start soon. I am glad though that the beta didn't stay the same or go up just a little because it was going to just delay the inevitable. So at least things should be clearing soon and we can move onto IVF sooner rather than later. Probably going to take a little break and decompress for a bit. I'll give an update on Friday after I meet with my RE to discuss the IVF plan. Good luck to anyone in the 2ww!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

I'm so very sorry, Lizzy. :(sad :(sad :(sad I've been holding my breath and lurking, praying for positive news for you. I'm so glad you have a great RE to help you, not sure what else to say other than I'm sorry again and *big hugs*.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lizzy... sigghhhh I am so sorry honey. Take care of yourself, maybe have a massage or a pedicure this week? A little treat like that might just give you a little pick-me-up, and you deserve some TLC.

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy, I'm so sorry. Spoil yourself a little, and please know a lot of us are here who have gone through this and are here for you.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy, I am so sorry :(( I was hoping so, so, so dearly that you'd return with happier news. Hugs to you, friend.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

I started bleeding heavily (relative term... no worse, perhaps better, than a regular period) on Saturday evening. It's still continuing, but generally pretty mild. I took a pregnancy test- a 2-line variety gave me a faint whisper of a positive and a digital gave me a "not pregnant." I assumed I miscarried.

Today I finally made it in to an OB/GYN.

Positives: He and his two students were WONDERFUL. I've never experienced such terrific bedside manner.

Negatives: They have no clue what's going on. He said my uterus looks normal and as though I'm having a regular period. It does not look like I was ever pregnant. I have a lemon-sized corpus luteum cyst on one of my ovaries, however. He made a few comments:
1) He doubts I miscarried "normally" because my uterus would have shown some sign of pregnancy and it shows none
2) There's a chance it's an ectopic pregnancy, but even then, he thinks my uterus would be showing some 'activity'
3) It's possible that I got a true false positive because the cyst released enough hCG to be picked up by a pregnancy test.

They asked if/when I got my positives. I had a faint but very clear positive by 13 dpo, and then a dark (though not darker than the control) positive on 20 dpo. I started bleeding on 22 dpo and that's when I realized I was barely registering pregnant on a HPT.

I'm thinking he's leaning toward the corpus luteum cyst/false positive option. So bizarre. They drew blood and I'll hear the results come Wednesday (guessing there's little/no hCG in my system). I have to go back in a week for a second blood draw and another ultrasound. My cramping is light to non-existent, and I have a low-grade fever. So ambiguous!

This is the first time I've been told about having cysts, though I've suspected them since a year or so into having a Mirena IUD.

I never expected the TTC process to be so confusing or draining. What is going on with my body?!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Thanks PPM, Jas, Dreamer, and Tammy for stopping in with your kind words.

I am feeling depressed at the moment. My mood swings today are like a roller coaster ride. First, I'm super positive about IVF as my RE feels that will get me what I want the fastest, but then I get very pessimistic and wonder how the hell is IVF going to "fix" my problem. I've had 4 miscarriages this year....4 dammit! I just don't know how IVF is going to stop my body from rejecting future pregnancies. But I have a list of questions like that for my RE on Friday. Last cycle when I chose to try Clomid, she did tell me that she felt IVF would get me a baby quicker, but I wasn't ready for IVF yet. My worry is that I won't have another baby. I was looking forward to being a second time mom and being able to relax and savor the moment as opposed to being a crazy first time mom who is in a good way stressed out and learning so much along the way. It is making me so emotional thinking about how it might not happen. I am so lucky to have my little guy though and do feel so blessed to have him. I just really want him to be a big brother and to have a sibling. Thanks for listening to my rambling. I'd love to hear some success stories of IVF after repeat miscarriage if anyone has any. I need a pep talk ladies....

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

PPM, I am glad to hear that things are clearing for you now and that you had a good appointment. Does your doctor think you may have PCOS given the cyst? Did he offer any advice on next cycle? Sorry this is such a confusing time. One thing I have learned thru this process is that nothing is black and white. And I hate that!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy, I'm so sorry for your devastating news. Please take some time for yourself!

PPM, glad you were able to get checked out today. I thought you didn't start producing HCG until after the fertilized egg implants, not before? Doesn't the corpus luteum produce progesterone and not HCG? :confused: I would think that your lemon-sized cyst signifies the follicle that your egg burst from. That's so weird that the ob/gyn is saying that your uterus doesn't look normal for a miscarriage. At least you were able to get your blood drawn. Are you thinking of sticking with this practice in the future, or try to find another midwife at a birthing center?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Oh Lizzy, there are just no words. I am so very sorry. You have remained remarkably strong through all of this, so do not feel bad about feeling down or venting. I'm praying that IVF will be your answer and your little guy will be a big brother one day very soon.

PPM, so sorry to hear your news as well. Regardless of whether you were actually pregnant or not, it's still a loss because you thought you were pregnant and want a baby. I hope they are able to resolve what is going on and that you are able to try again soon or when you feel ready to.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, so sorry...but happy that things are progressing quickly. It sounds like you'll be on your way to IVF before you know it.

PilsnPinkysMom said:
I never expected the TTC process to be so confusing or draining. What is going on with my body?!

And there's the million dollar question. Remember in high school, when we were all basically taught/told that unprotected sex = baby?

My pre-TTC appointment is on Friday and I'm so excited. This cycle and the one in October and then all goalies will be pulled. :naughty:

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

Lizzy – you have every right to feel these emotions. You’ve been through so much. I wish I could offer more than just my sincere thoughts and compassion for you as you continue through this unpredictable journey.

PPM – I hope you get the answers you deserve. This whole process can be such an emotional roller coaster. :nono:

Missy- any news?

AMC- good luck at your appointment! Very exciting indeed. :bigsmile:

-----------------

AFM – CD17 today. The ClearBlue Monitor gave me a Peak reading this morning, which was great. DH and I BD on Saturday (High reading, using a little PreSeed), Sunday (High reading, no PreSeed), and will likely give it one more whirl tonight (Peak reading, PreSeed undetermined right now :wink2: ), before he leaves for work travel for the next few days. I don’t have my usual O cramps this month, but I do have EWCM - that’s really it for O symtoms... So who knows. I guess we’ll find out in 2 weeks :))

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy and PPM - Still thinking about you two as you're going through this rough time. So sorry you both got the news that you didn't want to hear.

Sugarpie - Good job on the Peak reading!! And looks like you caught it just in time before DH goes in his work trip, lucky you!! No, no news yet for me. I only have one FRER test left and I feel as though I'm wasting it if I use my last one. I have no real symptoms. I keep looking at my boobs in the mirror because I swear they're bigger and feel heavy but it's hard to tell because they're on the bigger side anyway and they always feel like they weigh a ton haha! They don't hurt at all though. So other than that, I'm not overanalyzing anything.

Hopefully I'm not jumping the gun here, but I have a question. If I get to CD60 (please, please, please don't make me wait that long!!)and no AF and no BFP...do I make an appt with my regular doctor or OB/GYN? I always go to my reg doctor for paps/physicals and all so I'm not sure. Is it still 60 days or is it longer now?

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Missy0483|1315878782|3016207 said:
Lizzy and PPM - Still thinking about you two as you're going through this rough time. So sorry you both got the news that you didn't want to hear.

Sugarpie - Good job on the Peak reading!! And looks like you caught it just in time before DH goes in his work trip, lucky you!! No, no news yet for me. I only have one FRER test left and I feel as though I'm wasting it if I use my last one. I have no real symptoms. I keep looking at my boobs in the mirror because I swear they're bigger and feel heavy but it's hard to tell because they're on the bigger side anyway and they always feel like they weigh a ton haha! They don't hurt at all though. So other than that, I'm not overanalyzing anything.

Hopefully I'm not jumping the gun here, but I have a question. If I get to CD60 (please, please, please don't make me wait that long!!)and no AF and no BFP...do I make an appt with my regular doctor or OB/GYN? I always go to my reg doctor for paps/physicals and all so I'm not sure. Is it still 60 days or is it longer now?

Missy: I think you should go to an OB... They probably know a bit more about things that can make cycles wonky, ya know?

Sugar: Woohoo! That is some stellar BD timing. My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Lizzy: Let your moods swing every which way. I think it's part of the healing process. I am in awe of your strength! Try to have faith that your RE is suggesting IVF only because she really, truly thinks it will help you become and stay pregnant. This is easier for an outsider to say, I know. I just feel in my heart that you WILL be a mama of two wonderful children.

S&I: I actually like this doctor and may keep him as an OB/GYN, but plan for labor/delivery at the birth center. You're right about hCG only being produced after ovulation, and that the corpus luteum, upon receiving hCG, produces progesterone. There are some cysts, however, that can cause false positives on HPTs. He thought my cyst was a corpus luteum cyst, but that there was a possibility it was the culprit behind my BFPs. There's also a chance I fully miscarried, though he was skeptical of that based on images of my ute. I'm certainly no uterine expert, though!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

I'm so sorry, Lizzy. I'm wishing you lots of dust and hugs.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy- Oh no. Sorry to hear this. I think you asked about my friend before- I'm not sure the details, but I know that she had PCOS and did Clomid for her first kid, but then had many issues with the second. I don't know what caused her m/cs, but I know they were multiple losses (and a set of twins in there). I know that IVF was successful the first go round for her. She once said something flippantly about her "bad eggs" but I'm not sure how serious she was or what that means. I was supposed to have dinner with her tonight, but we have to reschedule; otherwise I would ask her. I would assume that the RE would not suggest something as expensive and momentous as IVF if she(?) didn't think it would work. I know you will, but I would definitely ask her why the IVF might work and how it might help keeping the baby as opposed to getting preggo. As for how you feel, I obviously can't say I know how you feel exactly, but I feel that way too. There's no rational reason for me to suspect I can't get preggo with number 2, but after you lose one, it just makes you realize that bad things can happen, to good people, and for no reason. While our lives are great with 1, and to be honest, I think sometimes we'd be silly to rock the boat and mess up the great dynamic we've got going on, it breaks my heart to think I won't get to do this one more time. I too didn't really enjoy the newborn phase, was an anxious mess, and I want one more baby. I want O to have a brother or sister; I want DH to get to be a daddy again; I want to pick out a name; I even want to sit in the bathtub and cry cry cry post-partum because I'm just plain exhausted and emotional. I want to do all of it again. It scares me that I have no control over it. 4 miscarriages is a LOT to physically and emotionally endure. I would say I don't know how you do it, but I do know. You have no choice, we suffer and we get through things. Another baby is worth this mess to you. I get that. Lots of rambling to simply say, it sucks. And all I can hope for is that IVF works for you, you will have another baby, and this will just be part of your story and part of the process. Please don't feel you have to be hopeful or brave or strong here. You can be angry and disappointed, whatever you feel.

PPM- What the what? That's just weird! Sorry you aren't pregnant. :(( Hope it was a fluke and next go round you will be so pregnant your doctor will jump back from your amazing ute. ::)

Missy- Catch me up. Are your cycles normally this long?

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Chinacat - Well I don't know what's exactly normal for me yet. I was on the BC pill for 10 years and finished my last pack the end of May. I didn't stop in the middle of the pack because I heard it messes up your cycle even more? My first cycle post BC was 34 days, then 32 days. Now this cycle I'm up to 43. I was perfectly fine with 32 or 34!!! All I can think is that I geared up to O but then didn't, because I am not temping yet so I really have no idea. Now that I think back on it I haven't noticed a high, soft CP yet this cycle like my previous cycle. I was going through OPKs like they're candy :tongue: It's funny I was complaining about paying for the BC pill and was excited to not have that monthly bill for a while, now I'm paying the same or even more for OPKs and PG tests haha! I'm waiting for more signs of O coming up before I start using OPKs again so I don't feel like I'm wasting so many, so I've been checking CM and CP. That's my story!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1315863950|3016033 said:
I started bleeding heavily (relative term... no worse, perhaps better, than a regular period) on Saturday evening. It's still continuing, but generally pretty mild. I took a pregnancy test- a 2-line variety gave me a faint whisper of a positive and a digital gave me a "not pregnant." I assumed I miscarried.

Today I finally made it in to an OB/GYN.

Positives: He and his two students were WONDERFUL. I've never experienced such terrific bedside manner.

Negatives: They have no clue what's going on. He said my uterus looks normal and as though I'm having a regular period. It does not look like I was ever pregnant. I have a lemon-sized corpus luteum cyst on one of my ovaries, however. He made a few comments:
1) He doubts I miscarried "normally" because my uterus would have shown some sign of pregnancy and it shows none
2) There's a chance it's an ectopic pregnancy, but even then, he thinks my uterus would be showing some 'activity'
3) It's possible that I got a true false positive because the cyst released enough hCG to be picked up by a pregnancy test.

They asked if/when I got my positives. I had a faint but very clear positive by 13 dpo, and then a dark (though not darker than the control) positive on 20 dpo. I started bleeding on 22 dpo and that's when I realized I was barely registering pregnant on a HPT.

I'm thinking he's leaning toward the corpus luteum cyst/false positive option. So bizarre. They drew blood and I'll hear the results come Wednesday (guessing there's little/no hCG in my system). I have to go back in a week for a second blood draw and another ultrasound. My cramping is light to non-existent, and I have a low-grade fever. So ambiguous!

This is the first time I've been told about having cysts, though I've suspected them since a year or so into having a Mirena IUD.

Lots of dust, PPM! Hoping you can figure out soon and that all is ok.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Missy, just catching up on this thread. Sorry you're still in limbo. That must be uber frustrating. Although my body doesn't seem to know how to get pregnant, it is at least pretty regular and predictable, so I guess I should be grateful for that. I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is for how long you should wait for AF to show before calling your doctor, but I'm guessing your 60-day mark is probably a good timeframe. When's the last time you took an HPT? Either way, keep BD'ing because you just never know.

Lizzy and PPM, thinking of you both. I was talking to my sister last night. She had two miscarriages, one before each of her children were born. She was saying that as painful as that was, she knows there was a reason because she wouldn't have her two children today if those pregnancies had survived, and she knows those two children were meant to be. I don't know if that is any comfort to you now, but it stuck with me. I believe there is a baby that is meant to join each of your families, but the time just wasn't right this cycle.

So, question for you all. I had my annual exam last week, and my doctor's nurse just called and said that my pap smear came back normal but that they didn't have a sufficient sample, which apparently means there were not a enough cells on the slide for a reliable result. I am not sure why that is. Anyway, she said I could either come back in in 3 months for another test or wait until next year. I said I would wait until next year, but now I'm questioning my decision. I have never had an abnormal result and have no reason to believe anything has changed, but I don't know. Maybe I could use it as another opportunity to talk to my doctor . . . . What would you do?

Good luck to all you ladies in the TWW. I'm right there with you - either 7 or 8 DPO. (Is it weird that I'm slightly looking forward to AF this time around, so I can get my CD3 bloodwork?) I hope everyone else is doing well. We seem to have had a lot of sad news around here lately, and I'm hoping for some good news soon for all of us soon.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

monkeyprincess|1315938360|3016652 said:
Missy, just catching up on this thread. Sorry you're still in limbo. That must be uber frustrating. Although my body doesn't seem to know how to get pregnant, it is at least pretty regular and predictable, so I guess I should be grateful for that. I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is for how long you should wait for AF to show before calling your doctor, but I'm guessing your 60-day mark is probably a good timeframe. When's the last time you took an HPT? Either way, keep BD'ing because you just never know.

So, question for you all. I had my annual exam last week, and my doctor's nurse just called and said that my pap smear came back normal but that they didn't have a sufficient sample, which apparently means there were not a enough cells on the slide for a reliable result. I am not sure why that is. Anyway, she said I could either come back in in 3 months for another test or wait until next year. I said I would wait until next year, but now I'm questioning my decision. I have never had an abnormal result and have no reason to believe anything has changed, but I don't know. Maybe I could use it as another opportunity to talk to my doctor . . . . What would you do?

Good luck to all you ladies in the TWW. I'm right there with you - either 7 or 8 DPO. (Is it weird that I'm slightly looking forward to AF this time around, so I can get my CD3 bloodwork?) I hope everyone else is doing well. We seem to have had a lot of sad news around here lately, and I'm hoping for some good news soon for all of us soon.

I believe last week, maybe like Friday was my last HPT. So frustrating! About your pap smear...this happened to me back in April, except they didn't have enough cells to even test mine the first time so my doctor recommended I come right back in, she didn't tell me to wait. Back to back pap smears = OUCH for me. She told me right away that I'm sensitive in that area and started bleeding right away. I screamed in the room, I can't imagine how I will be in labor! :rolleyes: I bled/spotted for a few days after too. Mine came back normal the 2nd time. I would def go back as soon as you can though, you never know!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi all. I'm posting from my phone so apologies if I miss anyone.

Lizzy, I'm so sorry to hear your news. <big hug> I can't imagine how devestated you feel. Do feel free to vent here in this amazing group of supportive ladies. Please take care of yourself this week.
I'm glad you have a plan to move forward with your RE.
I've been reading the book "Making Babies," which was recommended by someone in the 6mo+ thread (I've been lurking but haven't posted yet). It has some interesting things to say about using both an eastern & western approach to treat fertility issues. You might find it helpful as it also talks about ivf (I haven't gotten to that part yet).
My heart goes out to you, dear friend.

Ppm, so sorry you're not pg. Hugs. I have read about cysts causing a false positive, but it seems pretty rare. Did your doc think there are any issues to treat before next cycle?

Missy, that's so bizarre! When a dear friend of mine went off the pill her cycles varied between around 30 -90 (!) days with NY pregnancy before her body got used to no hbc. I do think you should see your ob to see what's up. I hope things get back to normal for you soon!

S&I, yay for a break from doctors appointments! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Mp, I dont have any experience with the pap issue, but I'd probably want to get it
done again. (maybe next cycle?) Are you getting your progesterone checked?

Parrot, sounds like you had great timing! Fingers crossed!

China, always a pleasure reading your posts. I hope you are well.

Afm, so I took my temp this am at a normal time (yay!) but it was still low. And (tmi alert) I had a copious amount of ewcm (more than I've ever had while ttc) in the bathroom at work. I had given up on this cycle as it's already cd22 (haven't done an OPK since sun & it was -) but now I wonder if I need to jump dh when/if I get home tonight. (might be on an overnight shoot. They never tell us when we'll finish in advance). I'm also concerned my egg might be overcooked since it's so late in my cycle & have also heard of ewcm appearing later in the cycle (after o) but I don't think I've I'd yet. Just don't know what to make of all of this.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Brightspot and Missy, I went ahead and scheduled another exam for December. Lucky me. Missy, I too spot a bit after exams for a day or two, and they always tell me I'm going to. The funny thing is that this time, I remember thinking it didn't feel as uncomfortable as it usually does, and sure enough, she didn't get enough cells.She is probably going to really make sure to do a thorough job next time. Again, lucky me. The good thing is that I will be able to go in again and talk to her about fertility stuff and it should be covered by insurance.

Bright, that's great about the EWCM. I know others have gotten BFPs after ovulating later than 22 days, so I wouldn't worry about your eggs being over-ripe. Good luck catching that egg. I'm glad you mentioned that book. I am going to take a look at it on Amazon. I am not having my progesterone checked this time around because she didn't order it, but I'm going to ask to have it done next cycle.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Hi all! Okay, my pre-TTC appointment is on Friday. The purpose is two-fold- one, to ask some general questions about TTC (even though I know most of the answers...it will be nice to hear them from a professional), and two, to meet my potential OB before I'm pregnant and hormonal (so if I don't like her I still have time to explore my options). I wanted to post my list of questions here to see if you guys have any to add to my (ever increasing) list. I also have copies of my most recent labs (which include the basics as well as thyroid) and print outs of my last 3 months of charts from FF. Some of these questions are generally and some are obviously specific to me. So here goes:

1) I tend to have long LH surges, with as many as 4-5 days of positive OPKs. Any concern?
2) I'm currently on gummy pre-natals that don't have iron. Is this okay? What about once I'm pregnant? I've had my iron levels checked recently and they are fine.
3) MMR vaccine- As of 2005 I still had immunity. Is this sufficient? I think we are too close to TTC for a booster, anyway.
4) TDap Booster. Td last given in 1998.
5) Flu shot. Never gotten one and never gotten the flu. Recommendation?
6) My thyroid level came back a little high (3.5). I know ideal is around 1. Any concerns?
7) I currently get allergy shots (both environmental and venom). Okay to continue, and if so, at what level?
8) I'm Rh- and DF is Rh+. When do I need to get the shot?
9) What is your c-section rate?
10) What is your pitocin usage rate?
11) Would you be the one to deliver my baby, or is it based on a call schedule?
12) When do you schedule the first OB appointment (how many weeks)?
13) I may potentially be 4.5 weeks pregnant when I'm at Disney World. Do I really need to avoid all rides that say not to ride if pregnant?
14) Is the barf patch okay to use when pregnant, and if so, can I get a prescription?
15) I always have a 14 day LP and last month randomly had one that was 12 days. Why?

So, that's my list. Not in any sort of order. I would appreciate any additional suggestions for questions to ask. Thanks!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Monkey- How long will it take to get CD 3 results back? There is still a chance you won't get to that point, though :naughty: ... Which would be 100% awesome. If that's not the case then I hope the testing provides some insight. Good call on scheduling pap #2 for December. Those appointments are always so rushed, so take all the one-on-one time with a doc that you can get! Thanks for sharing your sister's insight. It's definitely comforting!

Bright: CD 22 ov should be a-ok... Take advantage of that EWCM, lady! Even if you missed O by a few hours, it's still worthwhile to BD. I *think* more often than not EWCM comes pre-o rather than post-o. It never hurts to get in some extra DH lovin' juuuust in case :wink2:

Missy: Woman, get a BBT!!! I really think it would help make sense of your cycles. Whether or not it helps reduce the number of OPKs used is up for debate. Even if you're temping, POAS is fun.

China: What-the-what is right!! How are you? Your post about wanting to go through all the the craziness of pregnancy and infancy made me misty eyed. You will definitely get to experience that again- I just know it.

AFM: If a doctor tells you, "You have a large cyst on your ovary. Have you experienced any pain or discomfort?" suddenly you (er.. I...) become hyper-aware of every ache, pinch, pull, whatever. I wish he would have said, "You have a large cyst on your ovary. These are often related to a 10 pound weight loss... have you lost any weight recently?" The mind is a powerful thing, ladies!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

PilsnPinkysMom|1315954579|3016858 said:
I wish he would have said, "You have a large cyst on your ovary. These are often related to a 10 pound weight loss... have you lost any weight recently?" The mind is a powerful thing, ladies!

:lol:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

monkeyprincess|1315949492|3016791 said:
Thanks Brightspot and Missy, I went ahead and scheduled another exam for December. Lucky me. Missy, I too spot a bit after exams for a day or two, and they always tell me I'm going to. The funny thing is that this time, I remember thinking it didn't feel as uncomfortable as it usually does, and sure enough, she didn't get enough cells.She is probably going to really make sure to do a thorough job next time. Again, lucky me. The good thing is that I will be able to go in again and talk to her about fertility stuff and it should be covered by insurance.
Oh man I know what you mean. She told me "I'll make sure to do a better job this time" I'm like great, and tensed up even more which doesn't help the situation AT ALL. That's good that you scheduled another exam. At least now you will be able to kill two birds with one stone and be able to talk about fertility stuff with her at the same time.

AFM, I went to Walmart tonight and bought a BBT. Yippee! Not sure if it'll give me any insight for this cycle, but at least I'm getting started. So now I need to have the lovely conversation with DH explaining what this thing is used for and he probably won't believe me when I tell him that it really does work. Men! :roll:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Oh and to add to my post above...I've noticed EWCM today!!! For real EWCM and not semen because it's been a couple days since BD(I still don't know what my spotting was all about last week so no BD during that time). I think buying the BBT scared my body a little bit!

Speaking of that...I think I scared DH too. I asked him to wake me up when his alarm goes off in the morning and told him I wanted to start temping. He said "I think you're jumping into this a little much" I said "Well it's not at all fun being 44 days into my cycle and not having a clue what is going on with my body" And he said "Okay, but what about the weekends?" I said "I gotta set my alarm, temp, then go back to sleep" He asked why I can't just temp whenever I wake up, whatever time that may be and I told him it has to be the same time everyday before I move, talk or anything and told him I read it in MY TCOYF book downstairs and he rolled his eyes...he doesn't believe it until he sees it so hopefully this works and I get pregnant and I can say "Ha Ha told you so!!" :tongue: Actually, I would never say that but I would definitely be thinking it! But he's fine with it because when his alarm went over he tapped me on my shoulder and says "It's time"

So my first temp this morning was 96.57...does that seem low or it doesn't really matter as long as I can see a shift in temps when I O right?

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Missy, try to take your temp around the same time every day and put it in Fertility Friend - you will get a nice graph for all your hard work. Also, if it's not the same time, FF will note that it was off the usual time with a hollow circle so you'll know that when you go back to your chart later. Remember, the earlier you wake up the lower the temp will be and if you drink alcohol the night before your temp could also spike the next day. You should see a definite pattern though. Good luck.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

JGator|1316018093|3017399 said:
Missy, try to take your temp around the same time every day and put it in Fertility Friend - you will get a nice graph for all your hard work. Also, if it's not the same time, FF will note that it was off the usual time with a hollow circle so you'll know that when you go back to your chart later. Remember, the earlier you wake up the lower the temp will be and if you drink alcohol the night before your temp could also spike the next day. You should see a definite pattern though. Good luck.

I see...so since I woke up and temped at 5:40am, that could be why it was low? I was having trouble with thinking of a good time. DH gets up before me, his alarm goes off every 10 minutes starting at 5:40am and he finally gets up at 6 to leave for work at 6:15...so I figured I'd have to take it the first time the alarm goes off in case I wake up each time his alarm goes off. I'd rather wait til he leaves for work, but I'm sure I'll wake up a few times before that because of his alarm! Does any of that make sense? It made sense in my head, but reading it is a different story haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results