shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blen, I'm sorry if AF comes! That chart does look a little like the pre-AF temp drop, and with your 14 day LP it is that time. Oh well, there's always next month! Good news for you is that you've been off hbc for a long time, your charts show you O, and you have a good LP, so all you need to do if time DTD in the right window!

Lisa: forgot to say, I
30.gif
your house. Olivia's bathroom is great, the kitchen cabinets are gorgeous, love that stove. Sigghhh some day we will know where we will be living and wil be able to settle in and buy a house. Being on the academic job market means we haven't wanted to buy because we will be moving at any time... though of course now we could have bought one since it has taken a few years
3.gif
With the housing market going down, though, I'm glad we won't have to sell a house when we move in a year or so.

Jerkstore LOL. I have never heard that before Mela, and we are from the same hood!

Indy, where are those pics of your valentino and ferretti? You are a tease
2.gif
Bet you hear that all the time.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi gals! I posted this on a seperate thread, and a kind poster told me to come here to discuss my question. Thanks so much for any feedback you might have!

"I just started using fertilityfriend.com to track my cycle, and I seem to be running into an issue that I can''t find any FAQ about. Maybe you gals know the answer. Basically, I try to wake up at a certain time each morning to take my temp, but a couple times a week I wake up really early (30mins-1hr before my usual waking up time for work) and can''t go back to sleep. As long as a stay in bed, try not to move too much, and don''t talk, will my basal temp be significantly affected if I take it at the same time every day? I don''t really want to switch to the earlier time if possible because it is quite early, and as I''ve mentioned I have a very hard time falling asleep again once I''m woken up. Thanks so much for your help!"

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I moved my response here so they know what I wrote already:

WRT you specific question, I sometimes have the same issue, so it may help you to try a little experiment. Take the temp when you awake at 6am and write it down, then take it when you wake at your usual time. Are they very different? Some women's numbers don't change much depending when they wake, but for others is can change a lot. Temps usually get higher the later you wake, so early temps may be artificially low. Taking Charge of Your Fertility, a great FAM book, has lots of info about adjusting temps when you wake early. I usually stick with the temp from my usual waking time, because it isn't drastically different from the earlier temp anyways and I think time of day is more important than 3 hours of sleep, at least for me. If it is drastically different, then you can always exclude the wierd temp from you chart (there is an option on FF for discarding temps). Also, after you have charted for a while, your own typical pre-ovulation temps and post-ovualtion temps will be come pretty clear, so little inconsistencies may not matter much in setting your cover line and determining your ovulation day. FF uses your cervical fluid info to help set you O-day anyways, so if your temps are little screwy just make you are assessing and charting your CF accurately.

I love charting, it is so interesting to see what is going on in my body. I wish I had learned about this stuff years ago!

ETA: I just noticed that you can't go back to sleep after you wake early... in that case just take the temp when you wake. 30 min to an hour only subtracts like 1/10th degree Fahrenheit, so it won't affect your charts much. Ovulation is detected by a shift of 1/10ths of a degree above the cover line (drawn 1/10th degree Fahrenheit above the highest of your previous 6 temps) for at least 3 days, so an early wake time of only 30 minutes won't matter probably. Laying in bed awake for 30 min WILL probably affect your temps since your metabolism will kick into gear just from being awake. But try the experiment I mentioned.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Peony, if you are using FF, you can input the time that you took your temperature and I *think* it will adjust it for you if need be.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hello All!

How are the ladies doing today? I''m so tired, I mistakenly set my alarm for 6PM, and my husband woke me up a half hour later than usual with a "Honey, it''s 6:35! Get up!" Holy CRAP! I was so rushed I didn''t even have time to temp.
7.gif
Dang alarm. I''m supposed to O on Wednesday, but after a recent discussion with Paul (DH), he''s worried. I''m not going to be on his insurance until July 1st, and despite what I''ve told him BAJILLIONS of times, he thinks that if we have sex this one day, POOF, I''ll be pregnant and will immediately need to see the doctor. HE IS INSANE. I mean, seriously. How many times can I explain it? So I told him, honey, even if we manage to get a hit this week, I wouldn''t technically be PREGNANT for a few more weeks, when I can tell for sure. What did he say? "Then we''ll just try in a few more weeks." AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! I''m seriously super frustrated about that. LISTEN TO ME, DH. (or not so D)

So yeah. Want to murder him. Luckily we booked a week long trip to Hawaii (Kauai to be exact) at this time next month. It would be awesome if I O'' then, and can get started. That is, if I don''t kill him first.
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Amber, I am just jumping in here, but I think your DH may have a point on the insurance thing. What if you get pg this month (June) and the new insurance views it as a pre-existing condition? Are you uninsured now or do you have other insurance? This would make a difference about whether they can exclude pre-existing conditions or not. I would double-triple check with the new insurance (and see the policy in writing) about how they handle preexisting conditions (especially if you are currently uninsured) and when they count the date of the pregnancy. The last thing you want to be is pregnant with insurance that doesn't cover your pregnancy. Sorry to jump in, but your post has me worried!

ETA: Even if you don't need to see the doctor until 10 weeks or whenever, I'm sure your insurance will measure your pg by when you got preg, not when you first saw the dr. And I'm sorry to say, but insurance companies are there to make money. So, if they can legitimately deny your claim on the grounds that you were pg before you got their insurance, I have no doubt that they will. Now, if you already have insurance, and you change insurances mid-pregnancy, I believe that is a different story.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 9:44:00 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

I moved my response here so they know what I wrote already:

WRT you specific question, I sometimes have the same issue, so it may help you to try a little experiment. Take the temp when you awake at 6am and write it down, then take it when you wake at your usual time. Are they very different? Some women's numbers don't change much depending when they wake, but for others is can change a lot. Temps usually get higher the later you wake, so early temps may be artificially low. Taking Charge of Your Fertility, a great FAM book, has lots of info about adjusting temps when you wake early. I usually stick with the temp from my usual waking time, because it isn't drastically different from the earlier temp anyways and I think time of day is more important than 3 hours of sleep, at least for me. If it is drastically different, then you can always exclude the wierd temp from you chart (there is an option on FF for discarding temps). Also, after you have charted for a while, your own typical pre-ovulation temps and post-ovualtion temps will be come pretty clear, so little inconsistencies may not matter much in setting your cover line and determining your ovulation day. FF uses your cervical fluid info to help set you O-day anyways, so if your temps are little screwy just make you are assessing and charting your CF accurately.

I love charting, it is so interesting to see what is going on in my body. I wish I had learned about this stuff years ago!

ETA: I just noticed that you can't go back to sleep after you wake early... in that case just take the temp when you wake. 30 min to an hour only subtracts like 1/10th degree Fahrenheit, so it won't affect your charts much. Ovulation is detected by a shift of 1/10ths of a degree above the cover line (drawn 1/10th degree Fahrenheit above the highest of your previous 6 temps) for at least 3 days, so an early wake time of only 30 minutes won't matter probably. Laying in bed awake for 30 min WILL probably affect your temps since your metabolism will kick into gear just from being awake. But try the experiment I mentioned.

Hi,
I'm also using fertilityfriend to track my cycles, and will be temping for the first time this month. I think I'll be okay getting up at the same time during the work week to temp, but the weekends I usually sleep a little later. Do people usually set their alarms for the same time they got up during the week, just to temp? I sometimes have a problem falling back asleep too, after I wake up early. Or can you adjust for waking up at a later time?

Thanks,

(By the way, I LOVE the doggies!! So cute!!
30.gif
)

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
TanDogMom, Thanks for the concern! And trust me, having asthma my whole life leaves me VERY suspicious about medical bills and treatments and things like that. So I did plenty of research and found that Blue Cross in CA doesn''t consider pregnancy as a pre-existing condition. On the other hand, asthma is!
29.gif
But, I''ve got proof of insurance credit from my old insurance company that shows how long I had insurance for (which covers the waiting period), and that''s going to be okay. Right now I have enough asthma meds to cover until the middle of July, and that''s a breath of relief right there!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sha,

I always set my alarm to the weekday time on weekends, just to ensure I was temping at the same time everyday. It sucks to wake up early on weekends, I know...but temps vary based on when you take them so my recommendation would be to set the alarm for the same time you wake up on weekdays.

Hope that helps!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sha, I totally set my alarm, but it''s my vibrating cell phone alarm so I don''t wake up DH! Then again, I fall back to sleep REALLY easily!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 1:49:09 PM
Author: AmberWaves
TanDogMom, Thanks for the concern! And trust me, having asthma my whole life leaves me VERY suspicious about medical bills and treatments and things like that. So I did plenty of research and found that Blue Cross in CA doesn''t consider pregnancy as a pre-existing condition. On the other hand, asthma is!
29.gif
But, I''ve got proof of insurance credit from my old insurance company that shows how long I had insurance for (which covers the waiting period), and that''s going to be okay. Right now I have enough asthma meds to cover until the middle of July, and that''s a breath of relief right there!

Phew! I should have known you would have the situation under control!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I work three 12 hour shifts per week. On those days I get up at 5 am. The other 4 days of the week I set my alarm for 5 am so I can temp. Then I go back to sleep, which I usually have no problem with. I know it''s crazy to get up every morning at 5 am but I''m pretty anal and want the temps to be correct. Hopefully I''ll get pregnant soon so I can sleep in!!!

Off topic-Amber, where are you going in Kauai? THat is where we went for our honeymoon. I am so jealous!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Ahoy experts! I have a question for you.

Is it possible to get all the signs of fertility (goo, cvx position, etc.) but then not ov?

My temp is really creeping up slowly and ff hasn''t ''confirmed'' anything. I''m starting to get a leeeettle nervous.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Tandog, totally understand the concern. Really. My mom said the same thing. Coupled with a "Whenever you have kids will be just fine with me. I got your Woofie, a sweater!" She needs grandbabies!

Tiffany, hi! We''re SO excited. We''ll be staying at the north shore, in Princeville, I believe? I know NOTHING about Kauai, other than there is a Costco by the airport.
18.gif
We''ll be in a condo, with 2br/2ba on the cliffs overlooking the beach. We wanted to go here for our honeymoon but were broke after the wedding. Instead we went to Vegas where I won a couple hundred dollars on the penny slots (seriously) and bought myself a Coach bag! Then again, it was the ONLY time my birthday will be on my honeymoon, so we splurged. This parent at my husband''s school has been pestering us (ha, giving us a free trip is pestering?) about taking a "real" honeymoon, which was vaguely insulting, as it''s like, we took what we could AFFORD, lady. But whatever. Any tips on the trip? We''ll be there a whole week.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 2:24:26 PM
Author: Independent Gal

Is it possible to get all the signs of fertility (goo, cvx position, etc.) but then not ov?

My temp is really creeping up slowly and ff hasn''t ''confirmed'' anything. I''m starting to get a leeeettle nervous.

Yes. And stress is one of the biggest reason for delayed O!
2.gif

But that being said, sometimes FF takes a few days to recognize it, so if in a few days it still hasn''t recognized it, then you might have missed it this month. Otherwise wait until tomorrow and check back. It needs a few data points around O before it''ll give you the crosshairs.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Disclaimer- I do not consider myself an expert!
However, I believe that you can gear up for ovulation and then not actually ovulate. Different things (stress, illness, etc.) could affect ovulation. So you may notice cervical fluid and position that indicate impending ovulation, but then not have a temp rise (for whatever reason an egg didn''t get released) I *think* that it is not super uncommon for this to happen to every woman occasionally. But if you notice it every month then I would call your doc.

On another note, I did read (I think in TCOYF) that some women''s temps don''t increase significantly from one day to the next, but rather have a gradual slow rise.

Do you have TCOYF? If you do in appendix A there is a section on a slow-rise pattern. If you don''t let me know and I will type it out for you. (I have the 10th anniversary edition)

Also, what DPO do you think you are? I had a cycle that fertility friend didn''t pinpoint ovulation even though it really looked like a temperature rise to me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 2:30:26 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 6/2/2008 2:24:26 PM
Author: Independent Gal

My temp is really creeping up slowly and ff hasn't 'confirmed' anything. I'm starting to get a leeeettle nervous.

Yes. And stress is one of the biggest reason for delayed O!
2.gif

But that being said, sometimes FF takes a few days to recognize it, so if in a few days it still hasn't recognized it, then you might have missed it this month. Otherwise wait until tomorrow and check back. It needs a few data points around O before it'll give you the crosshairs.
You need 3 temps above the cover line before FF gives you cross-hairs. Also, there is something called a "slow climb" in temps post-O, I had it last month (see attached chart). Unfortunately, it can mean that it isn't a "good ovulation", which was confirmed in my chart last month by my short-ish luteal phase. Either way, don't despair, wait and see what happens. You just went off hbc and that can lead to funny things. Last month I didn't get EWCM but I did this month, so I think that is a good sign. On the other hand, lots of women get preggers with a slow climb pattern and you may be one!

You can always figure out your own dang cover line before FF gives it to you: If a temp is at least 2/10th deg. Fahrenheit higher than the previous 6 temps this suggests that it is the start of a temp shift. You can then draw a cover line 1/10th deg. higher than the highest temp in the previous 6. Three temps at least 1/10th above the cover line = confrmation of ovulation.

ETA: FF did not give me cross-hairs on the chart below until CD 18 because I had a "fall-back rise" where the temp went below cover line on CD 15.

ETA 2: you can monkey around and add a temp value for tomorrow and see if it gives you cross-hairs. Then just delete the temp and the program will delete the cross-hairs. Nothing is permanent you can always delete and re-enter data.

dreamerslowclim.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:25:31 PM
Hello All!

How are the ladies doing today? I''m so tired, I mistakenly set my alarm for 6PM, and my husband woke me up a half hour later than usual with a ''Honey, it''s 6:35! Get up!'' Holy CRAP! I was so rushed I didn''t even have time to temp.
7.gif
Dang alarm. I''m supposed to O on Wednesday, but after a recent discussion with Paul (DH), he''s worried. I''m not going to be on his insurance until July 1st, and despite what I''ve told him BAJILLIONS of times, he thinks that if we have sex this one day, POOF, I''ll be pregnant and will immediately need to see the doctor. HE IS INSANE. I mean, seriously. How many times can I explain it? So I told him, honey, even if we manage to get a hit this week, I wouldn''t technically be PREGNANT for a few more weeks, when I can tell for sure. What did he say? ''Then we''ll just try in a few more weeks.'' AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! I''m seriously super frustrated about that. LISTEN TO ME, DH. (or not so D)

So yeah. Want to murder him. Luckily we booked a week long trip to Hawaii (Kauai to be exact) at this time next month. It would be awesome if I O'' then, and can get started. That is, if I don''t kill him first.
1.gif
Man alive Amber, did he get hit on the head during sports or something
2.gif
I feel your pain. But maybe when he said "A few more weeks" he meant next month?? Benefit of the doubt...

Re insurance, you maaay want to hold off. I am sure when you get knocked up there will be nothing serious that happens, but there is always a possibility of miscarriage and having to go to the ER or have a D + C... I would be nervous not to have medical coverage during that time (that god I live in Canada!)... but that''s just me and it is a slim chance anything would happen that required medical attention before July 1!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 1:52:11 PM
Author: sbde
Hi Sha,

I always set my alarm to the weekday time on weekends, just to ensure I was temping at the same time everyday. It sucks to wake up early on weekends, I know...but temps vary based on when you take them so my recommendation would be to set the alarm for the same time you wake up on weekdays.

Hope that helps!
Ditto. It is annoying but it''s nice to have an accurate chart.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 2:28:13 PM
Tandog, totally understand the concern. Really. My mom said the same thing. Coupled with a ''Whenever you have kids will be just fine with me. I got your Woofie, a sweater!'' She needs grandbabies!

Tiffany, hi! We''re SO excited. We''ll be staying at the north shore, in Princeville, I believe? I know NOTHING about Kauai, other than there is a Costco by the airport.
18.gif
We''ll be in a condo, with 2br/2ba on the cliffs overlooking the beach. We wanted to go here for our honeymoon but were broke after the wedding. Instead we went to Vegas where I won a couple hundred dollars on the penny slots (seriously) and bought myself a Coach bag! Then again, it was the ONLY time my birthday will be on my honeymoon, so we splurged. This parent at my husband''s school has been pestering us (ha, giving us a free trip is pestering?) about taking a ''real'' honeymoon, which was vaguely insulting, as it''s like, we took what we could AFFORD, lady. But whatever. Any tips on the trip? We''ll be there a whole week.
We stayed on the south shore, in the Poipu resort area. We did drive to the north shore and it was beautiful. I loved the island. It''s so laid back and relaxing. Have you gotten any guide books? I had Frommer''s Kauai and found it super informative, with tips on restaurants, beaches, and lots of fairly good maps.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies! Wow, lots going on so, it''s taken me a while to catch up on everything.

Love all the puppy and kitty pics - so adorable!
5.gif

Lisa - your house is fabulous! You really have an eye for these things - the fixtures and all the details you''ve added look amazing together. I''m very impressed!
36.gif
36.gif

DD - I saw you''re wedding pics over in the bridal forum - you look simple gorgeous. I had to laugh at the grocery store pic - what a cute idea! Also, my sister wore almost the same exact hairpiece. She had it custom made and had a birdcage veil during the ceremony.

Amber - don''t feel so bad, yesterday I woke up at 10:30am and just didn''t bother temping since I usually temp at 6:15am (DH''s sister got engaged over the weekend so we were up late celebrating!). Then today, I woke up at completely FORGOT to temp - I couldn''t believe it!
20.gif

Blenheim - sorry to hear about the drop in temp and your AF approaching. I think everyone thought for sure you were preggos - it just goes to show you that you really just don''t know until you take that pregnancy test. Well, at least you can chalk it up to a good learning experience for next cycle. Lots of baby dust to you and all the other ladies trying this cycle and next!
36.gif

Gemma - interesting story about clomid. I haven''t really heard any horror stories, but then again, I haven''t really researched it that much. I''m happy to hear that it worked for you and that you had a positive experience from it - thanks for sharing!

Anyway, still haven''t hear back regarding my results from my bloodwork, but she said to give them a week so, if I don''t hear anything by Thurs., I''ll give my doc a call.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany, no I didn''t get a guidebook, but I think I will now! I wanted to go to the bookstore to pick up Koontz'' newest "Odd Thomas" book anyway!

DD, you may be right! I''ll be glad if I O in Hawaii! how cool would that be? Relaxing and everything. *swoon* DD, you and I both O''d on the 12th day!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Since I''m in a good mood today, and I''m at my work computer that actually has my wedding pics on it, here is a pic of DH and I at our reception!

smallerpicaw1.JPG

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the responses, y''all!
1.gif
I hate having to wake up early on the weekends but I guess it''s a necessary evil. At least I get to go back to sleep, though.
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 3:16:15 PM
Since I''m in a good mood today, and I''m at my work computer that actually has my wedding pics on it, here is a pic of DH and I at our reception!
Amber, you two are so cute! Your DH is ginormous! Or you are tiny. Did he play football?

blushing thanks for the kind words about my wedding photos! My hairpiece was also handmade, but they make lots so it wasn''t totally cutom. I love the idea of a birdcage veil, I thought about it but in the end wet wth the typical veil... mostly b/c I didn''t want to hunt down a birdcage!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, he is a huge guy! He''s 6''3" and I''m only 5''00"! I was wearing five inch heels, too! Yep, he played football, and did shotput. Now he''s a coach and teacher! I told my family we needed to bring some height into the bloodline, all the women are 5 feet and under!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 4:36:01 PM
DD, he is a huge guy! He''s 6''3'' and I''m only 5''00''! I was wearing five inch heels, too! Yep, he played football, and did shotput. Now he''s a coach and teacher! I told my family we needed to bring some height into the bloodline, all the women are 5 feet and under!
Spoken like a true dog breeder! I am right to recall that your family breeds dachsies right?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals! I played around with the chart and it seems that FF is inclined to pin o. where I thought it was if my temp inches up a titch more over the next couple of days.

Anyway first testable day, if FF gets FFriendlier in the ov dept, will be while we''re on our honeymoon in New Mexico.

Amber you have my dream hair! SO JEALOUS!

Blenheim sorry things are dipping.
7.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, we are just dog owners, actually! Weird story: we went out to palmdale to get our dog from the breeder (couple hours away), and one day my Dad and I were at Trader Joes, and I passed a lady with a dachshund on her lap. I told her I had one, too, which looked JUST like hers (although the Woofman is cuter
31.gif
), and she told me she got hers from a breeder in Palmdale! It turned out our dogs were half-siblings, as they had the same father (Seamus) and looked JUST like him! Isn''t that crazy?

IG, sadly I chopped all my hair off, too! I cut off 17 inches after the wedding. That hispanic hair gets HEAVY. You couldn''t tell because the curls were so tight, it actually went past my butt.

FF, while is fantastic, also makes me hate waking up at 6:10 every am. I need to sleep in!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I take my temp at the same time each morning. I set two alarms on the weekends, my temp one and my wake up one. Once I got into the habit, it didn''t seem like that much of a chore. If I do wake up a little bit before my alarm, I just take my temp then and let the s/w adjust it for me.

More spotting today. I''m feeling better about AF than I thought I would. Next month would honestly be better timing for us in terms of me having maternity leave in the event of a premature birth. We felt safe enough this cycle, but there was the slight possibility of having to tap into vacation and family support time instead of just using FMLA if the baby came early enough.

IG, am I correct in remembering that this is your first month charting temps? Stair step temp rises like DD posted are fairly common and it may even be a typical pattern for you. Everything that Tiffany said is spot on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results