shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

DC - FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Crossing my fingers for increasing betas!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

OH my goodness, DC!!!!!!! Sending TONS of sticky dust to you, my dear! So happy for you!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Dc: OMG girly! Gahhh! Congratulations! super duper sticky turtle power dust!!!! I read the news earlier today but didn't have the chance to do ANYTHING today, so posting had to wait. Ill honor your request to not get toooooooo cray cray yet....but I'm soooooooooooo excited for you!

modern: so excited to have another person to 2ww with! When are you thinking you'll test??? I am trying to hold off until sometime next week...not sure yet.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Modern - no EWCM or sign of AF yet.. just waiting to see if anything will happen. Congrats on your good timing this cycle. Best of luck to you!

DC - the stickiest dust to you! :appl: congratulations!!!

princess - I hope you get your EWCM soon. I know how frustrating the wait can be

nothing new with me. just hanging around waiting to see if my body will do the appropriate circus tricks this month :bigsmile:

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock

dc- So happy for you!! :appl: :appl: Congrats and keeping my fingers crossed for that great beta Wed!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

Oh DC! I am SO THRILLED! Or should I say SO THRILLED for you! Seriously grinning here and sending you tons of sticky dust! Thinking all kinds of positive thoughts for you! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

sorry to be a downer for the BFP news, but worst day ever.... my first official occupational body fluid exposure with a known Hep C pos pt. overall it is a low risk exposure but the timing is awful. i am so upset and frustrated! ugh... the infectious disease doc reassured me that my risk is essentailly null which is great news but i can't stop thinking about how this will affect ttc in the months to come...

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

modern, I'm so sorry abut your bad day. that sounds awful! I'm glad the infection disease doc said you should worry though. Hugs!

Nothing new to report here. I did break down and test yesterday morning (sorry to break my zen, DC!) - not because I was obsessing but just because it seemed like a good idea at the time. It was a BFN but I've chosen not to worry about it since I think (hope!) it was too soon to test. Still planning to test on Thursday so we'll see. In any case, I'm feeling more relaxed this month so if we're not KO, I hope not to be as upset about it as I was last month.... only time will tell.

Mrs

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

So pleased for you DCGator!! Congrats! :appl:

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock

Congrats DC! I'm sending you lots of sticky dust

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

modernsparkler|1290451125|2775623 said:
MC: Any word yet on testing or AF? Sounds like the odds would be low with two methods of BC, but stranger things have happened. Are you thinking DH would get his vasectomy reversed, or would you pursue ART? How old is your LO?

We're just using the vasectomy as BC. My second IUD was taken out a few years ago. Becoming preg with my paraguard freaked me out enough to never to go with that method again. My kids are 8 and 10. At the ages now where I am wanting another baby :) Reversing a vasetomy can be $$$. It's interesting that the only person who stated I have a chance w/out a reversal was the receptionist at my husband's clinic.

Not sure about future plans. I think we're holding with the "if it's meant to be, then it will happen" mentality. I didn't have problems TTC, but had complications with both pregnancies so there are a few concerns with another baby, you know? Ugh!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

MC|1290536306|2776853 said:
MC: Any word yet on testing or AF? Sounds like the odds would be low with two methods of BC, but stranger things have happened. Are you thinking DH would get his vasectomy reversed, or would you pursue ART? How old is your LO?

We're just using the vasectomy as BC. My second IUD was taken out a few years ago. Becoming preg with my paraguard freaked me out enough to never to go with that method again. My kids are 8 and 10. At the ages now where I am wanting another baby :) Reversing a vasetomy can be $$$. It's interesting that the only person who stated I have a chance w/out a reversal was the receptionist at my husband's clinic.

Not sure about future plans. I think we're holding with the "if it's meant to be, then it will happen" mentality. I didn't have problems TTC, but had complications with both pregnancies so there are a few concerns with another baby, you know? Ugh!

I understand now. In all my research of ART, I wondered why couples have a vasectomy reversal. Surely it is more pain and expense than getting the sperm surgically extracted (PESA or TESA), and then the couple would not have to send the poor husband back in for the vasectomy once again? Not asking you to explain - just wondering out loud.

ModernS: Sorry about the exposure, it must have been a shock.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

thanks steal and mrs for the thoughts! now that I have had some time to sleep on it, I feel a bit better. I don't think it is going to change our TTC plans so that is good.

MC: Thanks for explaining about the IUD, I thought you still had it in. I agree with what Steal said, might be better to not have it reversed and just have some swimmers removed if you go that route!

MRS: Sorry about the BFN but as you said, it is too early to tell. Do you think you can hold out until Thursday?

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock

Hello ladies,

A fly-by post here, as I have much to do...

RC, LTP, Charbie, L2L, Miscka, Claritek and Cupcake - Thank you so much for the happy thoughts. Please keep 'em coming!

Pumpkin - Thanks for the well wishes. I really hope that your body does perform the requisite tricks so you can get something going over there :naughty:

Modern - Oh yuck, sorry about the exposure, that just sucks! I am glad to hear that the risk is minimal though and that it won't impede your BM plans.

KTF- How nice to see you dear. Thanks for coming out to give congrats!

Mrs - No worries on the zen thing, you still are pretty zen in my book (at least as compared to my obssesive tendencies). I am sorry about the BFN, but you are right that it could indeed be too early. I will have all my fingers and toes crossed that you will get your Thanksgiving day BFP!

MC - Sorry about the no-go this month. As for getting KU with the vasectomy, it is possible, but not very probably. But, stranger things have happened, right? I wish you and your DH luck with whatever route you go, but if you really want a LO, the PESA or TESA seem like they could be viable options.

AFM - Hanging in there and getting antsy for my results tomorrow. But, I am starting to feel better about it all, so that's good. I can't wait to tell my mom though, b/c it is KILLING me not to tell her. But I do want to wait until tomorrow b/4 I do. Anywho, for all you POAS addicts, some fuel for your fire...

Pee_Stick[1].jpg

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

Hehehehehe DC, I love seeing your tests!!! I don't know why I love pics of positive preggo tests so much, but I totally do. LOL! That one on the bottom from 11 dpo is lookin' mighty nice, definitely getting darker....btw, I had my first beta with this pregnancy on 11 dpo, and if I recall correctly, it came back at 19, so really close to your 17. And you know the rest of the story....good healthy baby!! :bigsmile: Best of luck with your next beta tomorrow!!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

modernsparkler|1290537906|2776902 said:
thanks steal and mrs for the thoughts! now that I have had some time to sleep on it, I feel a bit better. I don't think it is going to change our TTC plans so that is good.

MC: Thanks for explaining about the IUD, I thought you still had it in. I agree with what Steal said, might be better to not have it reversed and just have some swimmers removed if you go that route!

MRS: Sorry about the BFN but as you said, it is too early to tell. Do you think you can hold out until Thursday?

Yeah...the reason my dh had the vasectomy was because of the IUD issue...plus there were other horrible side effects with the paraguard.

I have a quick question. Is it normal to have a spot or two of bleeding a few days before my period starts? This happens every month and it's what I consider a heads-up to prep for that time of the month, so I figured it's normal?

Steel

Ideal_Rock

MC|1290540472|2776974 said:

Yeah...the reason my dh had the vasectomy was because of the IUD issue...plus there were other horrible side effects with the paraguard.

I have a quick question. Is it normal to have a spot or two of bleeding a few days before my period starts? This happens every month and it's what I consider a heads-up to prep for that time of the month, so I figured it's normal?

I do, but I don't know if that makes it normal.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Steal|1290536947|2776876 said:
MC|1290536306|2776853 said:

I understand now. In all my research of ART, I wondered why couples have a vasectomy reversal. Surely it is more pain and expense than getting the sperm surgically extracted (PESA or TESA), and then the couple would not have to send the poor husband back in for the vasectomy once again? Not asking you to explain - just wondering out loud.

ModernS: Sorry about the exposure, it must have been a shock.

Yeah, there is no way my DH would put up with all of that. He would only go along with having lots of sex and seeing what happens.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Steal|1290540652|2776979 said:

Okay, probably my over active imagination. Thinking DH's vasectomy didn't work and I'm having implatation bleeding every month then it not taking. lol Hopefully my DH isn't stalking me on this forum as he'd freak that I'm discussing his man parts here. hahaha Maybe I should go check out his forums just to have back-up in case I need it. ;-)

Steel

Ideal_Rock

MC|1290540985|2776988 said:
Steal|1290540652|2776979 said:

Okay, probably my over active imagination. Thinking DH's vasectomy didn't work and I'm having implatation bleeding every month then it not taking. lol Hopefully my DH isn't stalking me on this forum as he'd freak that I'm discussing his man parts here. hahaha Maybe I should go check out his forums just to have back-up in case I need it. ;-)

If he complains just ask if he would prefer you to discuss other men's 'man parts' ?

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

re: spotting before your period. When I started charting, I noticed I started spotting at 8dpo like clockwork. Then my period would start at 14dpo. I was concerned about it but my doc wasn't. I got a BFP in 4 months so I don't think it affected my fertility! I also spotted a few times in early pregnancy.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

DC- Here's hoping to increasing beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MS- Glad the doc said it's low risk. I can't imagine how scary it must've been for you ::hugs::

I'm running to zumba in a few mins, so I'll get back to everyone later tonight as I'm off tomorrow.

AFM, CD 13, no signs of EWCM or watery CM, and OPK still negative. I'm just counting myself out for O this month because I haven't had any signs of it yet and my cycle was 25 days last month. I'm just super pessimistic, and feel like I'm not going to O this month (be it because I was sick and not eating right, whatever), but yeah :(( Just an overall stinky feeling. Sorry for being such a debbie downer :blackeye:

charbie

Ideal_Rock

PP Squared: (that's pumpkin and princess) I wish you both some ovulation luck! I don't test for o, but boy can I feel it when I ovulated! I get very crampy.

DC: thanks for the BFP ****! I'm ordering some wondfos tonnight so I can start the BFPv adiction next week.

Modern: glad you are feeling better about the exposure. I work in the healthcare industry myself, so I understand the concern.

AFM: hanging out at 3dpo. I'm having a weird heavy sensation, little crampy in my ute. Light headaches, and craving milk in all forms....I haven't drank a glass of milk in months. DH got us milkshakes today, too :) I know its probably all in my head, but its fun to daydream. 8)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock

dcgator - keeping my fingers crossed that the good news is to stay. go little ninja turtle!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

princessplease|1290557343|2777320 said:
DC- Here's hoping to increasing beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MS- Glad the doc said it's low risk. I can't imagine how scary it must've been for you ::hugs::

I'm running to zumba in a few mins, so I'll get back to everyone later tonight as I'm off tomorrow.

AFM, CD 13, no signs of EWCM or watery CM, and OPK still negative. I'm just counting myself out for O this month because I haven't had any signs of it yet and my cycle was 25 days last month. I'm just super pessimistic, and feel like I'm not going to O this month (be it because I was sick and not eating right, whatever), but yeah :(( Just an overall stinky feeling. Sorry for being such a debbie downer :blackeye:

Do not count yourself out. I usually O on CD 16 or so. Last cycle was likely not your "norm" because you were just off the pill. PLUS if you have a 10 day LP like me, a 25 day cycle means ovulation on CD 15. I think we all feel that way waiting to ovulate, like it will never happen. Keep BDing and wait. I promise you will O this month 8)

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

Hey Ladies,

princess, so sorry you're feeling discouraged! I agree with DD though, you may very well just ovulate later than most. Try not to worry about it and hang in there!

charbie, your recent craving and sensations sound promising!! I hope the BFPs around here keep up and that you get one next week!

DCG, still sending sticky dust your way! I hope you're feeling well!

MC, I hope you're able to conceive again despite the vasectomy if that is indeed what you want!!

modern, I'm glad you're feeling better about the accident at work and that you're not going to change your TTC plans. thanks for asking about me... I REALLY wanted to test earlier today and have been fight the urge. Hopefully I can hold out another 16 hours...

AFM, hoping for a BFP tomorrow but I'm thinking it's unlikely. I feel somewhat crampy and my sense of smell seemed a little more acute one night this week but I remember how awful it was last month when I psyched myself up for a BFP so I'm feeling like I'd rather expect a BFN. we'll see.

Anyway, I'm so thankful for all the BFPs here over the last couple of months! We have a lot to be thankful for on this thread this Thanksgiving :))

Mrs

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

Fingers crossed for you Mrs for a turkey day positive!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Moxie! How are you and your little bean? hope you're feeling well!!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

Quickly popping in to say Happy Turkey Day to everyone!!!!

Lots of luck today Mrs!!!

Princess, ditto to Dreamer. My O day was CD 32 this month, so it is not too late for you!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

I want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

PP- Anything yet??

MC- Anything yet as well?

Charbie- Thanks for O dust!!! Much dust for a quick 2ww!!!

DD- Thank you!! I'm an EXTREMELY impatient and pessimistic person by nature, so I always go to the extreme ends of everything lol!

Mrs- DID YOU TEST?????? Tell us please!! :bigsmile:

DC- How are your betas??

AFM, CD 15, and guess what?? Big fat :)) I freaked out this month because there was NO wet CM prior to EWCM today. Yesterday it was very creamy and abundant, then this morning (after DH and I BD'ed), there was a lot of stretchy, clear, snotty looking CM (which I thought was semen), but it stretched like 5 inches, so I figured it was EWCM. Then OPK was +. I showed DH and he squealed, lol!! We're gonna BD again tonight, then tomorrow and Sat :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Untitled_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results