shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Dreamer - you're a cruel cruel woman .. and a tease! :) come back and give us the news!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ok, so I broke down and took a test at 4pm yesterday. I basically was pretty darn convinced that I was KTFU but of course you never know, and though I knew I would be very upset with a BFN at that point I took a chance on it.

The results are below!!

It is the same DPO and my positive with Hunter, but this one is much much darker than his was.

I am due on July 17, 2011. Poor DH won't get a full summer of golf now :rolleyes: I admit I am very shocked to get KU on the first shot, I definitely anticipated a longer go, but hey, I'll take it!

The big signs for me:
1. AF like cramps for about 36 hours starting early on 10 DPO
2. Increased appetite and tiredness.
3. Mild evening nausea on 10 DPO, which continued yesterday night. This was what "morning sickness" was like for me last time so it felt familiar.

I don't think I would have recognized the signs had I not been pregnant before. All except the cramping could have been "in my head". We are happy and scared all at once to add another monkey to the house! We told my mom and DH's parents last night, and he his closest friend and me mine, but otherwise mum's the word until after the 12 weeks scan.

FRER2010dd.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock

Congrats DD--
That's a pretty solid second line for afternoon pee on 11DPO!
Girl maybe? They say the hcg is higher for girl ^.^
Lots of sticky dust to you.

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock

Congrats DD!! :appl: Hunter is going to be a wonderful big brother!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

lili|1288986503|2756114 said:
Congrats DD--
Girl maybe? They say the hcg is higher for girl ^.^Lots of sticky dust to you.

Congrats Dreamer, I wonder if this could be true? **Sticky dust**

Ryan Claire

Shiny_Rock

CONGRATS DD! Great line... looks like symptoms don't lie in your case! So happy for you and your DH! Also happy to have a partner in crime on this journey... My EDD is 7/14/11 :) Fingers crossed for sticky July 2011 beans.

Just got the call... beta#2 (15dpiui) is 160!!!! Up from 59 on Wednesday (13dpiui). So relieved. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Thanks again for all the sweet words of support and interest. You ladies overwhelm me!

E B

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations to both Ryan Claire and Dreamer! :appl: :appl: Two (or more!) little July babies! Summer birthdays are great- backyard barbecues, swimming, etc.

(My little guy was scheduled to be a July baby but came in June instead.)

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

CONGRATS, DREAMER! So excited for you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock

RC- Great second beta! Maybe two little beans?? :bigsmile:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

The wait was worth it!! Congrats DD, sending lots of sticky dust to you!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer, 1921765gi8123j4c.gif That's fantastic news! Woohoo!

RC, the 2nd beta is looking good! :appl:

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

DD-CONGRATS!!!!!! I just knew it!!! I'll post replies to all later but logged on my iPhone to congratulate you!!!! TONS AND TONS OF STICKY BEAN DUST!!!!!!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock

Just popping in to say congrats to RC and DD!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: ****STICKY DUST****

Hoping it's just the beginning of a SLEW of BFP's!!! :bigsmile:

And buckets of dusssssssssst for the rest of you!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

congrats DD and :appl: :appl: :appl: Ryan for your betas!!!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock

CONGRATS DD!!!!

How exciting!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

lili|1288986503|2756114 said:
Congrats DD--
Girl maybe? They say the hcg is higher for girl ^.^
Lots of sticky dust to you.

Thanks Lili! And interesting about the gender thing. I found this when I looked (see below). We would love a girl, so mayabe that is true? I admit that the symptoms are stronger this time around. Hoping it is a good sign, not matter the gender.

Maternal serum HCG is higher in the presence of a female fetus as early as week 3 post-fertilization
Yaron et al. (2002) Human Reproduction

BACKGROUND: Maternal serum HCG (MSHCG) is higher when the fetus is a female than when it is male. This has been demonstrated in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, and recently at 10–14 weeks gestation. In this study we assessed whether this gender-related difference can be detected as early as week 3 post-fertilization. METHODS: The IVF setting was chosen because it provides precise dating of gestational age and early sonography for the number of gestational sacs. The study included 347 IVF cycles from 335 patients. Only pregnancies with a single implanted embryo that resulted in a single live birth of known gender were included. MSHCG was measured on days 14–20 post-fertilization, and levels were expressed as gestational age-corrected multiples of the median (MoMs). The log10 MSHCG MoMs were compared according to fetal gender. RESULTS: MSHCG levels were significantly higher (18.5%) in week 3 post-fertilization in the presence of a female fetus (P < 0.0002). CONCLUSION: Because a fetal gender-related difference in MSHCG can be demonstrated as early as week 3 post-fertilization, the difference may be attributed to placental factors and not to the effects of the fetal hypothalamic–hypophyseal–gonadal axis.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ryan Claire|1288989151|2756160 said:
CONGRATS DD! Great line... looks like symptoms don't lie in your case! So happy for you and your DH! Also happy to have a partner in crime on this journey... My EDD is 7/14/11 :) Fingers crossed for sticky July 2011 beans.

Just got the call... beta#2 (15dpiui) is 160!!!! Up from 59 on Wednesday (13dpiui). So relieved. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Thanks again for all the sweet words of support and interest. You ladies overwhelm me!

Wonderful Betas RC! I think you are on a great track!

Super fun that we are due the same time. My LMP due date is July 13, so we are even closer than we think!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the congrats everyone! Back later with more personals. Hunter is home sick today and I only have a brief period of time to get some work done.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

Yay Dreamer!!! I'm THRILLED for you!

RC, so glad your beta #2 was up so much! That's GREAT news!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Dreamer, congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm so happy that you got a positive, and I hope you stay for long around here because i love you advices and all your posts. I will definitely be doing the 10 days marathon this cycle :naughty:

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

YEA DREAMER!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Congrats to you! Jerkstore for Round #2. That is awesome! So excited for you. Hope you get your girl! Ditto to the other posters that I am hoping you will stick around. Your advice is much appreciated.

RC: Congrats on Beta #2. Increasing well! Tons more sticky dust to you.

CD: Any O date yet for you?

WOIN: My first cycle of BC was off too, lots of new sx of breast tendnerness, fatigue. I didn't even have a temp spike so I am not sure I ovulated. It is frustrating for sure.

Steal and members of the new TTC thread you will be missed! Please come visit us often. I never got to comment on your recent transaction but it sounded quite good! Hoping you won't be in the new thread any longer.

Loves 2 Laugh: How is that BD marathon going? Ditto to what an ADORABLE boy you have!

Princess: Lots of luck for the 2WW

Off to a work retreat for the weekend but wanted to say thanks to Dreamer and others clarifying about EWCM. I fully went from the bathroom to wake up DH this morning to show him what I found today ;-) I think was I was seeing before was more sticky (sorry for TMI) but the "snotty, strechy" EWCM I saw today was like none other. We managed to BD before I left for work to take an exam this morning! CD 19 and hoping for a smiley positive tomorrow or Sunday!

Steal and members of the new TTC thread you will be missed! Please come visit us often.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

CONGRATULATIONS DREAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh, this is WONDERFUL! Hope you kick off a bunch of BFPs in the TTC thread! They come in clusters, so here's hoping you ignited all the baby dust! Sticky bean dust to you and Ryan Claire! Very exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, TWO monkeys for you! And Ryan Claire gets an octopus!!!!!!
:love: Summer babies are the best!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ryan Claire, YAY for great betas! That's an excellent number for 15 DPO, and it more than doubled!! :appl: You must be so relieved.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock

Ryan Claire|1288989151|2756160 said:

That is *SO* wonderful RC!!! I am so happy for you! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy for both you and baby!

Dreamer- Congrats Girlie!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months as well! :bigsmile: :appl:

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats Ladies!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Congrats RC and DD!! Such wonderful news from both of you!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats, Dreamer!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I had a feeling about you.....and I was right! hehehehehe! Can you believe you'll have TWO now?!?! OMG!

RC, congrats on that awesome second beta!!! Looks like your little bean is growing good in there!! Yaaaay!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Alright, so that's BFP #2 of this cluster of BFP's.....who's next?!?! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek|1289008330|2756469 said:
Congrats RC and DD!! Such wonderful news from both of you!
I'm just gonna go ahead and ditto this ;-) way to go ladies!

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock

Ryan Claire- Yeahhhh for the increasing betas!! :appl: :appl:

DD- :praise: I'm so happy for you! I couldn't wait to read your post. I hope your have h&h pregnancy :praise:

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

Wow, this joint is jumpin'!

Congrats DD - so happy and I hope you get your girl. And great second beta, RC. Do you think it could be multiples?

All y'all approach the big O better get Dancin! Let's keep it on a roll . . .

AFM - 10 DPIUI today. I did test and it was BFN . . . BUT . . . spotting has stopped, gushing like I'm wetting my pants every few hours (probably because of the progesterone suppositories, but still), have to pee every time I turn around. Nauseous as heck since about 2 PM (misery), and a temp spike. But maybe I'm just sick. Sooooooooooooo, I'll keep testing every day and see what happens.

DH leaves in the early morning for a week long trip - it would be nice to have a BFP in the morning to send him off with. But if not, I'll hang in there. 14 DPO will be Tuesday. Surely I should know by then.

Oh, and use test kits from the 99 cent store - too cheap to spring for the FRER.

Edited to Add - I'm pricescoping on Ambien. Fun times!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results