shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer,

Oh don''t worry....I have a full arsenal of pregnancy detection awaiting me today.

I''ll post some pics of my stick frenzy in a minute - what a nut I am!
19.gif

I''ll have a beta HCG today hopefully results will be in Fri.

IG - I am still hoping AF doesn''t come perhaps more detective strips are in order?

Here''s the link to acronyms galore:

http://www.resolve.org/site/PageServer?pagename=cop_comacro

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I have a question to all the preggos and pre-preggos. At the moment I don't have a gyno/OB that I have been going to for a time. I just have a gyno/OB that I went to for my annual last June, and I wasn't that impressed with her. I want to ask you if you guys have a doctor that you go to with the expectation that they'll be your OB, or if you plan to find a new doctor for OB/gyno stuff when you get pregnant?

What I mean is, should I just find a new gyno/OB now, for ANOTHER pre-conception checkup (already had one) to get to know for my future pregnancy or just choose the doctor that takes my insurance and also delivers at the hospital I want when I get pregnant? Better to have the doctor already or to choose the doctor when they are needed?

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer definitely check out (interview) the doc.

They are not made all alike and it can mean a huge difference throughout your pregnancy.

I am switching if pregnant this time b/c last guy had horrible bedside manner when del. came.

Also he & partner were not up-to-date w/ new technology or didn''t read ACOG regularly. I relied heavily on my perinatologist consultant!!

They also had a 7 guy on-call rotation, which I was fine with, but these are things you should know ahead of time.

And make sure the hosp. has 24 hr. anesthesia (if u want that epidural) and if they have NICU & what level in case, god forbid, something goes wrong.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
More stick craziness.........

Top is yesterday bottom is today - 5/15/08.

Uggh!!!!

P5150047.PSsticks.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Same deal but cheapy brand.

P5150048.PSBluestick.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I know I''m a day late on this but I''m just now catching up.... CONGRATS EBREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooo excited for you... lots of thoughts and prayers immediately forthcoming!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I may have missed how many dpo you are, but that is a STRONG line... what would the due date be??

And Lisa, that definitely looks like a line to me!!! CONGRATS!!!!
36.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 3:15:58 PM
Author: lovelylulu
Lisa: I see that line
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
Congratulations!!!!

Thanks for everyone that replied about my CM question. I think that we''ll try for a month or two without temping and see what happens. if nothing happens, we''ll be a little less spontaneous and a bit more scientific about the process. I know that some people have articulated why they temp or do not temp, and while i''m an advocate of understanding how your body works, i just don''t want to be too regimented quite yet...

BB: i''ve been reading your posts in this thread and it seems that you have done lots of research and know what you''re doing. you''ll be knocked-up in no time
6.gif
9.gif
6.gif
Lovely - I definitely feel like I''ve researched a lot on this subject - there''s soooo much to learn! I love this thread because I learn something new everyday. I''m anxiously awaiting July!
9.gif

In other news, I''m on CD 20 and got a definite OPK positive result this morning. I''m pretty sure I had one yesterday too, but not as dark as today''s - plus, I have the EWCM!
36.gif
So, now I just have to see how long my luteal phase is this cycle. I''ve been taking B6 since I''ve learned it helps lengthen the LP, but if it''s still 9 or 10 days, I''m calling my doctor.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Oh well, it''s game over for me this cycle! On to the next one!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber I never had a pre-conception checkup. I doubt they can tell you anything you don''t already know (like take folic acid, etc...) I loved my doc and found him b/c our practice does a rotation. I was okay with the fact that he might not deliver me but since I was induced....he did!
36.gif
Ask your friends who they use.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, those are all very faint lines but lines for sure! Can you go in for a blood test just so you could be positive? Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 12:39:02 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Oh well, it's game over for me this cycle! On to the next one!
I'm sorry Indy, that sucks! Welcome to cycle 2, I'm on CD 15.

ETA: just think, just for the next few days you can get pissed drunk if you want!
26.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I'm thinking it's scotch and sushi for dinner. Bring on the forbidden foooooods!

I'm not feeling all that bad about it, partly because it was the first attempt, and partly because, we didn't actually try all that hard because the timing would have been kinda bad if it had happened. This cycle or next cycle would be beyond perfect, timing wise. So we're going to be one busy pair of newlyweds!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats ebree and lisa!! Good vibes to both of you.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 2:33:27 PM
Yeah, I''m thinking it''s scotch and sushi for dinner. Bring on the forbidden foooooods!

I''m not feeling all that bad about it, partly because it was the first attempt, and partly because, we didn''t actually try all that hard because the timing would have been kinda bad if it had happened. This cycle or next cycle would be beyond perfect, timing wise. So we''re going to be one busy pair of newlyweds!
I felt the same way about last cycle when things didn''t work out for us. This cycle would be much better, but next cycle perfect, so we shall see what happens!

Funny, I never really thought about my fertility before TTC, except thinking about how to suppress it, but now that I am trying to get knocked up I find I worry if my plumbing is in working order!
20.gif
How silly. I''m eagerly awaiting for my temps in the next two days to confirm whether or not I ovulated yesterday. I wish I''d just had an "accident" and then you don''t have to even think about it, it just happens! But I guess that has its own anxieties.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 11:52:37 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
More stick craziness.........

Top is yesterday bottom is today - 5/15/08.

Uggh!!!!

Lisa, if it makes you feel better when I got my first BFP, it was VERY faint and it didn''t darken for a few days. But then again it was at something like 8DPO or something crazy like that...

Just try not to worry, your HCG test will tell you more!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Amber, I''ve been wondering the same thing about finding a doctor too. I moved a year ago and never changed my doctor to one close to home. I do work near my doctor still so I figured I was OK since most of my appointments I have to schedule around work anyways.

But if I''m pregnant I want a Doc close to home and not near work. Is your OB usually someone different from your regular doctor? I''ve always had gyno check-ups just with my regular doctor. But for pregnancy, do you get a refferal to someone else? Or just pick someone on your own and it''s covered by your insurance?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 3:18:11 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Date: 5/15/2008 2:33:27 PM

Yeah, I''m thinking it''s scotch and sushi for dinner. Bring on the forbidden foooooods!

I''m not feeling all that bad about it, partly because it was the first attempt, and partly because, we didn''t actually try all that hard because the timing would have been kinda bad if it had happened. This cycle or next cycle would be beyond perfect, timing wise. So we''re going to be one busy pair of newlyweds!

I felt the same way about last cycle when things didn''t work out for us. This cycle would be much better, but next cycle perfect, so we shall see what happens!

Funny, I never really thought about my fertility before TTC, except thinking about how to suppress it, but now that I am trying to get knocked up I find I worry if my plumbing is in working order!
20.gif
How silly. I''m eagerly awaiting for my temps in the next two days to confirm whether or not I ovulated yesterday. I wish I''d just had an ''accident'' and then you don''t have to even think about it, it just happens! But I guess that has its own anxieties.

Dreamer, I feel the same way too about almost wishing I had an accident! I can''t count how many pills I missed while on birth control, always of course an accident in itself, but still secretly wishing that maybe I would soon realize one slipped through the cracks and I got pregnant
6.gif
Alas, no such luck and soon we''ll be diligently trying to purposefully make a baby.
1.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all.

Appreciate the congrats, Ephemery, Snlee, Neatfreak and Anchor and now the update.....
(Amber I meant that other post for u but called u Dreamer--mommy brain)

What''s worse than the 7th circle of hell?
29.gif

Getting a beta hcg that''s a pos. preg. but not high enough to really confirm it.

Yep, blood test came back a 4.7 miu. RN thinks its way early and agreed "somethings definitely going on" yet wants me to come back next Thurs!

OY! She said they consider a pos between 1 - 5.3 miu.

They are so exacting b/c many have chemical preg. or early m/c.

So all I can do is test again, and again, and again.
7.gif

I am so bad at waiting.

BTW: she said implantation bleeding does happen and so do implantaion cramps.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 8:11:24 PM
Hi all.

Appreciate the congrats, Ephemery, Snlee, Neatfreak and Anchor and now the update.....

29.gif

Getting a beta hcg that''s a pos. preg. but not high enough to really confirm it.

Yep, blood test came back a 4.7 miu. RN thinks its way early and agreed ''somethings definitely going on'' yet wants me to come back next Thurs!

7.gif

I am so bad at waiting.

Lisa, sorry you have to continue to wait. I am sending lots of positive baby vibes your way!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all.

29.gif

Yep, blood test came back a 4.7 miu. RN thinks its way early and agreed ''somethings definitely going on'' yet wants me to come back next Thurs!

7.gif

I am so bad at waiting.

Sending positive vibes your way Lisa!!! Hopefully it''s just moving slowly and everything is ok. But at least you now know what you might be dealing with either way. We''re sending baby vibes!!!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all.

29.gif

7.gif

I am so bad at waiting.

Lisa, I know this is the most unhelpful advice ever, but... sit back, relax, keep occupied, try to think of other things, and wait it out sister! Sounds like you may have hit the target, but like they said, the whole chemical thing etc etc etc. Nothing you do will make any difference at this point, just time passing will help, so please try not to go too mental, eh?
2.gif

I think this''ll be sticky bean, but you know what? Whatever happens, you got preggers!! Yippee!
36.gif
Even at your "advanced maternal age"
20.gif
your eggs are still making that loooooong treck down the good ol'' fallopian highway. That must feel pretty good to know.
16.gif

How many DPO are you anyways? I am 1 DPO (probably). Is it too early to test?
41.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, I''ve had a GP and also a gyno. A preggo friend of mine gave me the advice to find a women''s health medical group that is affiliated with the hospital I''m interested in. She also recommended that I go to one that has its own ultrasound imaging thing there, too, since my last doctor made me go to an imaging center to check out my lumpy boobs. So, today I did some research and found a medical group practice that has 5 or so doctors, and is affiliated with the hospital I wanted (Lisa, thanks for the advice about the 24 hour anesthesia!). They recommend you make an appointment at your 6th week or so. I''m actually really excited!!!

IG, sorry about the news, next cycle, baby! Hopefully next month I won''t be sick!

Lisa! YAY! It''s still a positive!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
SNLEE, NEATFREAK, DREAMER, AMBER

So much loving support.......and so much rational thinking for pregnant and soon-to-be''s.

All DH can think about is the flurry of BD and wonders why I''ve got my panties in a bunch!

He''s like "so you''re pregnant or miscarrying?" after my detailed, long, exegesis of the finer points of HCG, blastocysts, and whatnot.

He''s right but I wanted to pummel him.

Guess, titrating off meds is really making me wacko.

Focus, Lisa, Focus......I think I''ll take Olivia to Tiffany''s today.

Diamonds, ooohhhh, diamonds......

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 10:49:55 AM

So much loving support.......and so much rational thinking for pregnant and soon-to-be''s.

All DH can think about is the flurry of BD and wonders why I''ve got my panties in a bunch!

He''s like ''so you''re pregnant or miscarrying?'' after my detailed, long, exegesis of the finer points of HCG, blastocysts, and whatnot.

Olivia and jewels...what could be better Lisa?? Have fun!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

He''s like ''so you''re pregnant or miscarrying?'' after my detailed, long, exegesis of the finer points of HCG, blastocysts, and whatnot.

Great plan! Stay cool mama!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a plan, to me, Lisa!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 3:18:11 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Funny, I never really thought about my fertility before TTC, except thinking about how to suppress it

Ha! so true, so true...

lisa: hang in there! you''ll get your answer soon enough and in the mean time, diamonds sound like a great distraction

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu is that a long-haired dachshund in your avatar?? Do you have more pictures? We have all posted our furbabies here on the dog-lovers TTC thread.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I''ve noticed all of the adorable pups in this thread! That is gracie - she''s actually a mix of mostly golden retriever with a little bit of irish setter - I''ll see if I can dig up some more photos...

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock

Awe...Lisa, hang in there! Have a happy Friday at Tiffany''s w/ your baby!
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results