shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fisher, I almost never say "Hugs" on the internet, because it feels so ... watered-down, somehow, because of frequency, but I genuinely wish I could offer you a hug IRL. Just from lurking on this thread I know how warm and wonderful you are, and I most sincerely hope that everything will work out in the way that will make you happiest.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Fisher, I'm so sorry you're feeling down. Stepping back from TTC madness for a bit might be just the thing both your mind and heart need. I'll be thinking about you and hope you'll return soon, but most importantly, when you're ready.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher, dear friend, I hope that everything you''ve ever wished for comes true! Think POSITIVELY and follow your heart.
5.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher- I cried reading ur post...im sooo sorry and so upset that u have to go thru this ..u and dh are so amazing and its hard to understand that these things happen to such great ppl..but like I was always told "never ask why"...
I didn''t know u had those feelings about taking no other steps and that''s totally an understandable position. Maybe if u stop "trying" actively it will all work out. I am so hopeful for u and sad that this is happening...plz never give up on ur dream. I will be thinking of u!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, I''m so, so sorry Fisher!! I know that you have always been really open talking about your religious beliefs and I was wondering if you''d mind talking further about why you guys don''t want to do anything besides Clomid? Do you feel like not conceiving without the interventions is a sign that even if you could conceive with them you shouldn''t? Or just a sign that you are meant to pursue some other means toward parenthood? I forgot if you ever mentioned your religious background but I am aware that the Catholic church disapproves of IUI and IVF.

My friend who did IVF to have her babies said something that resonated with me. She said that medical intervention just creates the conditions for life to be possible, not life itself. I am not trying to convince you of anything, I just wanted to mention that! I hope you don''t mind me asking all of these questions when you obviously feel down. Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Fisher- Just wanted to add my HUGS to the mix. I''m so sorry that this has not been as easy as it ought to be; you will be a wonderful mommy one day. You''ll figure out the right way for you and Paul to create your family!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Fisher, I''m sorry you''re feeling down and that TTC is such a heartbreaking rollercoaster at times. Take a break but know that we all love you and pray for you. Take care of Paul, let him take care of you. You''ll get through this. Do what you feel is right. But your time to be a mommy is no where near up yet!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fisher,
Sending you a huge hug. You have always been soooo supportive of everyone, now it's time we are here for YOU and Paul. If you need a break from TTC, then by all means take one. I think you will be a wonderful Mommy. My mom got pregnant with me while taking a break.... Thinking good thoughts for you two!!!!

xx
Lisa

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Fisher- Huge gigantic (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
15.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher- Just wanted to show some support. My Mum concieved me naturally 6 months after she and my Dad stopped trying to concieve.. they had tried for over 2 years. Sometimes when you take the pressure off it just happens..
1.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher: Wanted to de-lurk to say thinking of you and wishing you well... I always enjoy reading your posts, and I''m so sorry to see that you''re feeling down.

I know it''s not really helpful to hear stores of "Oh, it took us X number of years to conceive..."

But my parents tried for SEVEN long years. My mom had a D&C because ''back then'' they though that might help improve chances of conception (I don''t think they do D&Cs anymore aside from when someone loses a babe..). No fertility treatments. Just lots and lots of time. They were on the verge of adopting and the little boy they fell in love with was actually adopted by his foster parents. They were heartbroken, but a week later, found out they were about to have their own.

I guess the moral of the story is, don''t lose your faith and hope. You will be an amazing mama... Can''t wait until you''re at that point and can share your experiences. One way or another, you will have an awesome family!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Fisher, I''m sending hugs too.

I wasn''t sure if I was going to add my DH''s story, but in light of the last few I wanted to tell you how common it is to get pregnant by surprise after trying for a long time. DH''s parents tried for years, gave up, adopted his brother, and lo and behold they got pregnant with DH and had two more after that. They''d never give back their adopted child just to have conceived sooner, so it all worked out right in the end!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fisher, sending hugs from me too. I hope that you''re holding up ok.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher -- I''m so so sorry.
15.gif
Take care of yourself and come back when you are ready.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 6:32:31 PM
Author: EBree
Fisher, I''m so sorry you''re feeling down. Stepping back from TTC madness for a bit might be just the thing both your mind and heart need. I''ll be thinking about you and hope you''ll return soon, but most importantly, when you''re ready.

Oh Fisher! Exactly what E said. Thank you for explaining, I don''t understand, but it must be the best thing for you and your family. It is awesome that you and Paul are so much on the same team.
It is always wonderful to hear from you lady, you will be missed if you stay away.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher- sorry you are feeling so down right now. This whole process can sometimes be physically and emotionally draining. I will miss you!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Fisher,
I am so sorry. You are just such wonderfull, loving people...it just really saddens me to see you guys go through this
7.gif

Take the time you need. I completely respect your thoughts about other methods...and I know you have to do what is/feels right for the two of you. You are going to be a wonderful mom....however and whenever that happens.
(((Hugs)))
M~

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Awww....Fisher
8.gif
(((HUGS))). I'm really sorry you're going through this.. I hope the s/a results and everything else turns out okay, and I hope you get some more answers at your next appt. Hopefully, everything will be fine and it's just a matter of the process taking longer than expected.... maybe all that's needed is a little bit more time. I really think you're meant to be a mother, and I'm sure it'll happen.... I know it's hard not to feel discouraged....but hold on to that faith and hope, and that inner desire you have to one day hold your own baby in your arms. Praying good things for you....((HUGS)).

cara

Ideal_Rock
Fisher, I just lurk on this thread but I have to say that you have been handling this trying experience with rare strength and grace.

As for the semen analysis, it sounds like you were holding this up as a straw man and hoping it wouldn''t get to this point in the process. I''m so sorry that it has. However looking at the semen and testing its pH woln''t change anything - but your knowledge. Even if you wouldn''t do any of the more aggressive interventions, there are people that would want to know and people that feel more ''what will be will be'' and could find just as much peace with less information. I am more in the knowledge is power camp (at least for a non-invasive test like SA) but there are other types of people out there. Does it help to imagine the possible results from the semen analysis and think about what you and your husband would do with each of them? Not interventions, but mentally processing and dealing with what it does for your odds of naturally conceiving a child.

Either way on the SA, I am routing for you and your husband to have your own miracle soon enough. This is just a hard road you have been walking...

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Fisher~Thinking of you!! **HUGS**

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Fisher: I only lurk on this thread, but I wanted to add my support to you as well. What you are going through...I really, really feel for you and can totally understand your frustration and sadness about the whole TTC thing. Lurking here, I really admire how you are so supportive and encouraging of everyone else despite your frustrations. I am not sure I''d be able to be so positive, but you are clearly a special person. Luckily you are blessed with a supportive husband, so you are not going through this alone...just keep leaning on each other. Following your lead, I am being optimistic here, so I know that one day your dream will be realized.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
So...I have a tiny *suspicion* that I *may* be KTFU (says the woman who thinks she is KTFU every cycle!). Please don't get your hopes up though, (I'm not), I could be waaaay off base. I have a reason for thinking that this may be it, but I want to wait until I test to share what that reason is/was (mostly so I don't sound like a delusional nut
3.gif
). I am 10 DPO today and will be testing on the morning of 14DPO (Monday) if AFF doesn't show. I'll keep you posted!

Please cross your fingers for me ladies
1.gif

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Lots of luck to you InLuv101! Crossing baby fingers and toes (well that just sounds creepy). I''m so sorry Fisher
7.gif

I''ve been slowly reading through the thread from the beginning and all I have to say is, you ladies R-U-L-I-O. Here an "Awesome High Five!" for you.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo inluv I have been rooting for u...sending u soooo much dust...I hope ur inutition is right!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, InLuv! [Squeals!!!]

I can''t wait until Monday!

sweet pea

Rough_Rock
InLuv, how in the world do you have the self control??? Monday?! That is so far away
3.gif

Good Luck! I hope you are right!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
InLuv I hope you are right... now how in the world could you have a suspicion that makes you feel so positive after feelig so poopy earlier? Hmmm... this is a mystery like the whole "Who is festy" mystery!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
InLuv - I *hope* that your intuition is spot on
36.gif
36.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 5:19:53 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
InLuv I hope you are right... now how in the world could you have a suspicion that makes you feel so positive after feelig so poopy earlier? Hmmm... this is a mystery like the whole ''Who is festy'' mystery!
The reason I felt so poopy earlier is because DH & I are going to have to take a TTC break if I''m not KTFU this cycle because of a possible lay off in my future. It wasn''t because I felt like I was out this cycle.

Thanks for the well wishes ladies!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 5:07:51 PM
Author: sweet pea
InLuv, how in the world do you have the self control??? Monday?! That is so far away
3.gif

Good Luck! I hope you are right!
Lol, I guess I''d rather sit, wait and wonder than see a bfn.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results