shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, Laila, and Bella - Thank you!

Fisher - Thank you, I am feeling fine. Not having too much in the way of sx yet. It is very hard, because all the typical early pregnancy symptoms are caused by progesterone, and I am taking that, so I had them before implantation even happened. I am so happy you are in your 3rd trimester, and congrats to your friends! I would love to see this thread cleared out.

Missy - Thanks, I have started following your story in the TTC thread. I am wishing you a quick pregnancy with a sticky bean.

lliang_chi - Thank you so much!

Bright - I hope you are having fun on your trip, and we will all be cheering you on when you get back.

Second beta tomorrow!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful, wonderful news Firecracker! I'm so very happy for you!!!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
awesome!!!!!!!! continued sticky dust! Oh gosh so exciting!!!!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray Firecracker!!! Excellent news!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
woop woop! :appl:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
WOOHOO!!! You know that's almost triple, right? ;)) I'm so betting it's twins!! :bigsmile: I can't wait for your u/s update!

AFM: I am over the moon! DH and I got to hear the heartbeat today!!!! :love: It took him a while to find it because my uterus is retroverted, so I started to panic. When he found it I just cried, it was so amazing! I'm also measuring right on track and my next u/s is in 2 weeks.

osu922

Rough_Rock
Ltl, great news! March 7th will be here soon!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LtlFirecracker|1360949318|3380909 said:
614!!!!

First US on March 7th!

Aww, how wonderful! Are you thinking it's twins because that beta nearly tripled!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
MP, pavelover, J Gator, Dreamer, and Bella - thank you

Tammy - I am soooo excite you saw the heart beat. My uterus is a bit retroverted, so I will have to remember that it may take them awhile to find it. But I am sure you are having a wonderful weekend knowing your little bean is growing!

ous22 - Thank you, I just realized that the US will be longer than my original two week wait :errrr:.

Laila619 - I am starting to wonder if it is twins. I found this chart, any by beta was above the normal limit for being 4 weeks along. http://americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

Alright, Bright and Bella, I am wishing you pregnancy (or adoption dust) this year!!!!!! Bright, I am hoping your IVF goes as well has it has for all other ladies on here.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ltl, wow, that's fabulous news!! Add me to the list of ladies who are thinking you might have 2 little beans in there. :naughty: Continued dust your way.

Tammy, I'm so glad to hear you & your DH got to hear the hb & that your little one is measuring right on track. That must've been an amazing moment! :love:

I'm just so excited for you guys & hope the baby boom continues around here.

Hey to bella, sha & everyone else.

afm, we had a wonderful time in Cape Town & head to our horseback safari tomorrow. It's been really nice being away & having a break from the fertility stuff for a while (though I'm still spotting! :nono: )

I fear our IVF might get delayed yet again when we get back since DH is going to have to go to a urologist to make sure everything is ok prior to getting started. Hopefully it won't be too long of a hold on the process.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!!!

I'm so happy and excited and thankful for you girls!

Can't wait to see more and more happy posts from ALL the ladies here! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies!

Bright, I really hope that your IVF isn't delayed much longer and that your DH is on the mend! I want to see you pregnant ASAP! :bigsmile: Also, I'm soooo happy to hear that you had a fantastic vacation. I'm not going to lie, I'm envious of your adventures! ::)

Bella, how are you doing my dear? Hopefully very well! Forgive me for my lapse in memory, but are you taking the royal jelly? I have a new jar (haven't even opened the box from the vitamin shoppe order actually) and I'd love to gift it to you if you want/need it. :halo: I also have a boatload of leftover wondfo opks and a few hpts. I had a lot more hpt, but they keep disappearing...so strange! :oops: :lol:

Sha, thinking of you! I hope you're doing okay and look forward to your checking in.

Lets get this place cleared out!!! :mrgreen:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tammy, that is so sweet of you! I am taking the royal jelly but might have messed it up as I put it in the fridge for a day before realizing that it was not supposed to go in the fridge :rolleyes: Anything you want to pass along would be great. I am sure we can connect on DB or something...

I am doing ok but it's been a tough few weeks.

I'm feeling discouraged re TTC, DH found out he has a herniated disk in his back that is resulting in a pinched nerve, he got let go from his job as an EMT b/c he can't walk let along work right now, I am doing pretty much everything at home, work is insane, school is demanding, B is in a new school (which is a good thing, but complicated as it's further away and there was tons of drama and unsafe situations at his old school which is why we moved him) and my Granddad passed away this weekend.

DH is totally out of commission and in physical therapy for his back, so BDing is totally out right now. I guess I have a cycle or two to just focus on getting healthy...but don't think that I'll have much to post for a while.

I am so excited for all the ladies who are graduating from this thread!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Fisher I can't believe that you are in your third trimester now (I want to see a bump photo!!!) and Pave you are almost there too, right?

Tammy and Ltl I can't wait to hear the good news re 1 or 2 munchkins :love: and to "see" you hit the early milestones.

Bright, big hugs lady and here's to 2013 being our year!!! :bigsmile:

:wavey: Sha and everyone else who is dipping their toe in here or stopping by to say "hi".

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Bella, if you were on fb, you would have several pics!

I did post on the prego thread a couple days ago with a pic. :)

I'm so sorry life is chaotic and emotional right now; we'll be praying for a fast recovery for your hubs, a smooth transition at B's new school, and peace and a chance to relax for you. Oh and as always--- baby news!!! :bigsmile:

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Just for you, Bella- a self (and baby) portrait taken just now at 30 weeks 2 days. Definitely getting big! So thankful, as I'm sure you all know.

_3906.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Fisher, thanks for sharing a photo (I've wanted to see one too) - you look great! :appl: Such a cute little belly! Looks great on you. :))

Bella - wowww....you've got a LOT on your plate! How do you manage all of that? Sounds very overwhelming and tiring. I'm sorry your DH is hurt - that definitely puts a wrench in the ttc plans, but I guess the most important thing is for him to get better. That sucks that he had to be let go from his job too. :(( Hopefully he'll have a good chance of getting something else in his field once he's better? Hope so. It's such a tough economy right now. I'm sorry to hear so much of the burden is on you, but I hope things ease up as your DH recovers.

Bright - glad to hear you had a good trip! Do you know what might be causing the spotting?

shoutouts to the new preggos, tammy and Ltl! HOpe all is well!

AFM- ...Thx for the good wishes. Just dipping by toe in for a minute. I've haven't been posting much because there's nothing really to post. DH and I still don't BD a whole lot, which I think is our major challenge in not getting pg. So I don't even think this board applies to me most of the time, because we're not ttc, really. I don't really want to go in depth right now as to why.. I'm just shuffling along right now and hoping that with one of our infrequent BDs I get preggo, I guess...(shrug). That's about it for now!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Sha-yes, I am overwhelmed and tired right now :knockout: and am sure it is part of why we have not been able to conceive, but I can't really change anything until the end of this year when I finish the MBA.

BTW-I COMPLETELY relate to your comments here and in the thread you created about your DH and lack of BD. I am right there with you, and when my DH is feeling stressed or down, it is a major problem...and really doesn't help the TTC situation! Huge hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
I know I'm in and out of here as far as posting but I wanted to chime in and say- bd is so hard after you already have one plus factoring in all the stressors of life. Ok we'll it's not hard per se, but hard to fit in, lol. We ended up having ivf because of my labs and my age and lack of success getting knocked up but I don't think dh nor myself were convinced we ever got enough "practice" in. So different than before kids...

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Just popping in to say hi to Sha, Bella and Bright! I hope all is well and you have a wonderful weekend. I'm thinking of you all and continuing to pray for your LO's to come to into your lives ASAP! *hugs*

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies! Just popping in to share some info that I learned on this month's TTC journey!

For the ladies ordering Wonfo ovulation sticks on Amazon - I've been using the regular ones that come in the blue package. They come in packs of 40 OPKs and 10 pregnancy tests. After a cycle or two using them, no BFP! Twice DH was out of town when I was ovulating, so I can't really blame these OPKs!

Well, this month, I ordered the early detection OPKs and was shocked to see how much more sensitive they were than my old ones! After two months of missing the fertile time due to DH traveling, I meant business and ordered *both* kinds to compare. I also tested three times a day to make sure I didn't miss the LH surge. And...I think I might have been missing ovulation based on the regular tests! In the Amazon reviews, one reviewer said the early detection tests gave her a positive a *full day* earlier than her Clear Blue Easy OPK and one other brand. I'm a believer now!

The sticks look the same but the package is different. Or maybe it's just new and improved packaging. And the new tests are better? I wish I knew! They're sold as early detection OPKs on Amazon and I'm going to come back to post a link!

I agree with you ladies in that BD is hard - we have a co-sleeper who is still nursing at night so we had to be creative and sneak out. :naughty: A few times, we had to stop the mission because M would wake and cry out for us! Soooo not sexy! Also, you're way more tired chasing a toddler! Yeah. But we soldiered on... sometimes cracking up mid-BD (actually a lot!) and sometimes sighing in frustration, even!

Anyway, I felt no symptoms this cycle and was convinced that despite our valiant efforts this month, we were out for sure. I was bummed out and clicking on Vitex and Fertilitea on Amazon.com to give it a go when I figured I would take one more test before I hit "buy." :-o Was shocked to see a positive! I think the old OPKs were giving me late results! Now, we have a little Valentine's Day bambino! Hopefully all will go well!

Much luck to us all! Just wanted to pop in and share the info - try the early detection OPKs if you're using the regular Wondfos! I wish I had used these before. It's kind of confusing because some sellers just say it's the new packaging... maybe the sticks are newer/better? I wonder why the old ones aren't called early detection, then?

Also, the Wondfo HPTs are insanely sensitive. They showed a positive before FRER did. The only downside of the Wondfo HPT is that you have to wait a little bit before the second line pops up, which results in agonizing for a minute or two while the space looks stark white before the line "develops" - even as the control line pops up immediatley. That causes some mental anguish! (O)

Lots and lots of baby dust for us all!!!!!!!
:appl:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Aww Bliss! Congrats mama! I'm so happy for you!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
S&I, thank you!!! What a beeeeeaaaaaaauuuuutiful poochie!!!!!! So snuggly! Sweet! But your A is GORGEOUS!!!!!! Such a handsome boy! He's going to be a :love: heartbreaker! Heehee!

eta:
So this is odd, when I went back on Amazon to find the tests, I noticed that they're gone! And all the Wondfo test photos now show this new packaging. Mine had this new packaging but they were sold as "early detection" Wondfos. Strange! Well, they worked better than the ones I ordered with the old packaging. I did side by side tests and their test lines were darker for me.

71xlf05x2bl__sx450_.jpg

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Aww thanks Bliss! You are just the sweetest mama! I'm so happy that your DD gets to be a big sister!

Thanks for posting that pic. I'll be sure to order the new ones when we're ready for #2.
Oh, and I just have to say, I absolutely love love love your latest upgrade! So drool-worthy! :)

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW huge congratulations, Bliss!!!! :appl: Hurray!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Yay Bliss!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Bliss!!!!

I never used the OPKs but I must of gotten the last of the older, less sensitive pregnancy tests. That would explain why it took so long for the color to come in, and why the color was so light despite my betas being good.

Sha - I hope things are going ok for you. I just wanted to let you know, the stress of infertility was really putting a hamper on things for us as well. I think the fertility treatments really helped take the stress off of us. But everyone is different.

Bella and Bright, thinking pos thoughts for both of you.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Bliss! That's fantastic news! Tons of sticky dust headed your way.

Bella, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing & your DH's back trouble & loss of his job. What a rough time you're going through! Big hugs & lots of hope that things turn around for you & your family soon. Are you still seeing your acupuncturist? I went to mine last week for the first time in months. Hopefully it will help to go more frequently again.

Sha, big hugs to you. The stress of infertility can sure take its toll on your love life. I think it's happened to most of us, myself included, and it makes a difficult situation even worse.

Ltl, I hope you're feeling well. I'll be thinking of you when you have your first u/s on Thursday. Keep us posted!

Tammy, thanks for popping in to say hi! I hope you're feeling ok & your little bean is baking away!

Fisher, you look great, lady! I can't believe you're in your third trimester already. Can't wait to meet your little one!

Hi to anyone else who's checking in here.

AFM, we had a wonderful trip & I returned home a bit bummed to not be on vacation anymore but relaxed & ready to move forward with IVF. Unfortunately, there's been yet another delay in our plans. My DH's most recent SA (done the day before we left for vacation) showed signs of an infection so he was to get checked out ASAP when we got home. Well, he went to a urologist & the infection was confirmed & he's going to be on a 2 week course of antibiotics. Which is fine, but the urologist seems to think the infection could have been compromising the quality & quantity of his swimmers. So he recommended taking the course of antibiotics & waiting 3 months to see the change in his sample before moving forward. The doc was optimistic that maybe we could try another IUI instead of going straight to IVF. I emailed my doc to see what he thought about this & he suggested waiting the 3 months & then going in for another SA & to recalibrate the plan.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. It seems it's been one heartbreak & delay after another in this process. I was so (beyond) ready to move forward & this delay makes me sick. Of course, I want to give the IVF the best shot possible, so if we have to wait, we have to wait, but I'm just ready to be pregnant already. Not to mention that I'll be 38 in 3 months. I'm not getting any younger here. And I'm not sure if I want to try another IUI either. I kind of feel like we've BTDT &, unless this change would make us less prone to miscarriage, it's really hard to think about putting my heart on the line again.

And I'm still spotting. In the last month I think I spotted 3 of the 4 weeks, 1.5 of which were on vacation. The doc said it's pretty normal on the pill, but I'm just sick of it.

Anyway, sorry for the downer post. Sometimes it just seems like I can't catch a break.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Hugs Bright. I'm glad you had a nice vacation, but I'm sorry this TTC stuff has put a damper on it. I assume your doctor would go along with your request to go forward with the IVF rather than than trying another IUI, right? I have no idea what effect infection has on the swimmers, but if you have mentally moved on to IVF, I can totally see why you would not want to try the IUI route again. Regardless, three months must seem like a really long time to wait. I'll be thinking of you and hoping this is the very last delay you have to experience before you finally become a mama. Take care. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Congrats Bliss! Interesting info about the wondfos. I wonder if they made a mistake, and the early detection was supposed to be in reference to the HPTs. But I'm glad to hear the new ones seem to work better.

Sha, hope you are hanging in there. Our BDing really took a hit when we were TTC, and now with a baby, it is not happening all that often. I do think there are just some men that don't fit the cultural stereotype of wanting to have sex all the time and TTC doesn't help.

Bella, thinking of you as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results