shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Felicity!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to see you back here!!! I was worried about you. Best of luck to you and all the rest of the TTC ladies!!!!!!!

Felicity

Rough_Rock
No problaymo LTP. Perhaps old righty took the month off? Are you 'happy' to keep trying for the moment? TTC can get very draining - if you let it. So I'm very happy to hear about your boozy weekend...Cheers!

You do know me, I'm sure you will figure it out pretty quickly. Just keep it to yourself when you do.

As I recall this was once a pretty decent thread with some great gals, just trying to be mommies. I read on a blog a little while ago that every negative cycle brings us ladies one month closer to our positive cycle. It is just a matter of time and time is ever ticking.

:))

Felicity

Rough_Rock
brightlight|1298588726|2858752 said:
Felicity!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to see you back here!!! I was worried about you. Best of luck to you and all the rest of the TTC ladies!!!!!!!

:bigsmile: <------- That is me smiling, thanks for the welcome back. I needed a little siesta. (You know siesta; little sleep, the same in Spanish! Fawlty towers joke) It took a little bit of guts to come back, I was so sad when I left. So thanks babe.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Felicity: so great that you've popped your head back in here. I've missed you and your charm dearly, and you've been on my mind lately. I wish you only the best on your quest to become a Mommy. I hope the process begins soon.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Felicity|1298589235|2858757 said:
No problaymo LTP. Perhaps old righty took the month off? Are you 'happy' to keep trying for the moment? TTC can get very draining - if you let it. So I'm very happy to hear about your boozy weekend...Cheers!

You do know me, I'm sure you will figure it out pretty quickly. Just keep it to yourself when you do.

As I recall this was once a pretty decent thread with some great gals, just trying to be mommies. I read on a blog a little while ago that every negative cycle brings us ladies one month closer to our positive cycle. It is just a matter of time and time is ever ticking.

:))

I'm pretty bad at this figuring out who the anony-chicks are, so I'm going to just say that I'm glad to see you back, and I promise I'll be keeping things to myself if I ever figure it out. Which, is super unlikely. :wavey:

I love that sentiment about the negative times bringing you that much closer to the positive. At my core, I'm normally such an optimistic person, but this process has drained me of alot of that positivity. I look around sometimes and wonder if my DH wonders where his happy wife went. I took some time off this month just to see if getting away from PS would help, but it doesn't. I find that I try to make an effort to be more zen (for the team . . . right?) when I have other lovely ladies to cheer on. So, I'm back. I loved this thread before, and I really hope we can get our active thread back. :bigsmile:

Where are you in this process, Felicity?

Felicity

Rough_Rock
charbie|1298591025|2858772 said:
Felicity: so great that you've popped your head back in here. I've missed you and your charm dearly, and you've been on my mind lately. I wish you only the best on your quest to become a Mommy. I hope the process begins soon.

Hi there you mommy-in-the-making, thanks for the love. Belated but very sincere congrats on your BFP, your little bean. :appl:

Felicity

Rough_Rock
LaurenThePartier|1298591168|2858775 said:
I'm pretty bad at this figuring out who the anony-chicks are, so I'm going to just say that I'm glad to see you back, and I promise I'll be keeping things to myself if I ever figure it out. Which, is super unlikely. :wavey:

I love that sentiment about the negative times bringing you that much closer to the positive. At my core, I'm normally such an optimistic person, but this process has drained me of alot of that positivity. I look around sometimes and wonder if my DH wonders where his happy wife went. I took some time off this month just to see if getting away from PS would help, but it doesn't. I find that I try to make an effort to be more zen (for the team . . . right?) when I have other lovely ladies to cheer on. So, I'm back. I loved this thread before, and I really hope we can get our active thread back. :bigsmile:

Where are you in this process, Felicity?

Well isn't that the joke. I was the one moaning about the rash of posters who came over to FH&H with their pseudonyms for pseudonyms to hide their TTC or a BFP. Joke's on me eh?

For me, once the TTC novelty wore off it became a BFN negative cycle, that is why I tend to ask these days about future plans rather than how long people are TTC. I think that if us girls have a plan in our back pockets, then if that time comes we know there will be something; an RE, a dose of clomid, a consultation booked etc just something other than a waste paper bin full of BFN's and another cycle beginning on CD1 whoo hoo (sarcastic). It became important for me to know that there would be a plan.

It is hard to be a happy wife when you suffered a loss and also the loss of your tube. That was too tough and not falling pregnant won't help anybody’s mood.

I have taken time to read so many infertility/TTC articles, blogs and offprint’s and it has been like discovering a hidden world. Another tit-bit I read in the comments section of a blog floored me. It was about the public struggle of celebs with infertility and IVF in particular. A lady who was undergoing IVF posted how her own sister called her having watched Giuliana Rancic and her reality show, in tears at how Giuliana was suffering with the IVF process, the woman couldn't believe that her own sister was better able to emphasise with an unknown celeb yet to her the sister just said basically to relax and it would happen.

For me time away was a good thing. I want to be vague for a little bit, but we are going for top level ART. It is still tentative so I'm not going to say much about that until I get approval which will take a number of months. For now, I have gained a lot of experience/knowledge and want to offer well wishes to my old friends and help if I can.

Edit: Sorry, I meant ol' lefty in my earlier post.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Felicity :devil: - I'm just really, really glad you're back. Big hugs!

I absolutely see where you're coming from on having a plan and not focusing on the past. Reestablishing perspective can help so much, and I must admit, I'm in dire need of that right now. A plan is definitely something my semi-controlling nature can work with.

When W and I started trying back in June, I thought I was firmly in the "no fertility drugs" camp. Well, the loss, and the consistent BFNs have really worn on me, and I'm happy to look forward and now I'm in the "if it doesn't happen before June" camp. We're celebrating our 5th anniversary in Sardinia/Capri in May, and I think that this vacation is what we really need together. And if we don't end up pregnant when we return, then we'll take my doctor's recommendation and move onto an RE.

I have a very good friend going through IVF in MD right now due to Premature Ovarian Failure. She's actually starting her BC now to get on the same cycle as the donor. I'm really excited for her and I hope it works in the first shot. I hear in MD though, they have a risk-sharing program where you pay a set amount for 6 attempts at IVF, and if you end up pregnant on the first try, you've spent a lot for that one attempt, but if you don't get pregnant at all, you get your money back. Sadly, I'm sure getting a refund is of little comfort, but for the overly practical person, at least it's . . . something.

Sometimes it's amazing that people feel more connected to a weekly TV show then their own families. And I had to actually delete that show from my DVR when I started wearing eye-liner more often. Whenever I finished watched it, W would take one look at me and laugh and laugh at my raccoon eyes while he hugged me and told me he would always be supportive, but he drew the line at watching E shows that aren't The Soup. Silly boy - that show is half drooling over their house and kitchen, anyway.

I'm just so chuffed that you're back, my dear. You're the boon we needed to get our TTC family back to daily posts! :love:

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Felicity, I'm glad you are back. I changed my name as well, there was to much TTC information that I did not feel comfortable if someone in real life could read it and figure it out it was me because of my name.

I totally understand how you feel, it's like after a BFN a want to take a break, then the next month arrive and I can not hold my self so we we try again, then the BFN arrives, and I feel bad and want to hold. It's a cycle that I just can not get over. Besides that we are leaving NYC (We will not be neighbors any more :(( ) in a few months. So I'm waiting until we move to visit a Dr. and start the process to figure out was wrong. So I feel like in a mute point right now.

Felicity

Rough_Rock
LadyBlue|1298606616|2858978 said:
Felicity, I'm glad you are back. I changed my name as well, there was to much TTC information that I did not feel comfortable if someone in real life could read it and figure it out it was me because of my name.

I totally understand how you feel, it's like after a BFN a want to take a break, then the next month arrive and I can not hold my self so we we try again, then the BFN arrives, and I feel bad and want to hold. It's a cycle that I just can not get over. Besides that we are leaving NYC (We will not be neighbors any more :(( ) in a few months. So I'm waiting until we move to visit a Dr. and start the process to figure out was wrong. So I feel like in a mute point right now.
:wavey:

That ring avatar by any other name would smell as sweet! I am still obsessed with your e-ring; hubba hubba. :love:

I thought about a name change too but if you hunt down old posts the info is still there so I started over. It is funny seeing your stunning ring with the wrong name :bigsmile: It looks sooooo wrong! :cheeky:

Goodness moving home, that is a big change. Are you renting or selling? Are you moving far (miles)? When is this going to happen? How did you fare with the big freeze over the holidays? Brrrrrrr.

You know, ***looking down and shuffling her feet*** it might take a while to get your referral to an RE. It might be worth considering getting the referral now for your new area if there will be a waitlist - just so you are not sitting on your hands waiting for your appoint. when you are settled again. Just a thought :)) . In my case I was told to wait and see so many times :rolleyes: and now I have been told that by pursuing so quickly our chances are greatly improved. So it is a fresh issue in my mind.

Like I was saying yesterday; we ladies are at the point where TTC is another beast altogether. I found out that sometimes you have to pursue what you want and sometimes you have to throw money at it. But we will all get there - I will push us up the hill. Within a year, we should be sticking cute decals to the nursery wall and pre washing our cloth diapers. Babies - here we come! And if not, we will know we will have tried our little asses off. :wink2:

BTW: I was never a NYC gal - that was our darling CDNinNYC. Another great girl who deserves nothing but the best! Mwuah fx!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Felicity, Yesterday I totally read it wrong :oops: I thought you said you had a miscarriage and lost one of your tubes. :nono: Shame on me, I will blame that English is my second language :lol: . If you are who I think you are. I was hoping for so long that you would return. Always thinking on you, but I promise I'm not a stalker :errrr: I hope you are who I think you are, If not I will be stalking the wrong person :o . Either way, welcome back. :wavey:

Felicity

Rough_Rock
LadyBlue|1298655515|2859343 said:
Felicity, Yesterday I totally read it wrong :oops: I thought you said you had a miscarriage and lost one of your tubes. :nono: Shame on me, I will blame that English is my second language :lol: . If you are who I think you are. I was hoping for so long that you would return. Always thinking on you, but I promise I'm not a stalker :errrr: I hope you are who I think you are, If not I will be stalking the wrong person :o . Either way, welcome back. :wavey:

It is a compliment to be mistaken for CDN, she is a great person so no complaints from me! Sorry for the cloak and daggers.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Felicity - Your posts made me so happy that this thread (6+ months) was started. Your optimism is very much appreciated. :bigsmile:

As for the injectibles, my body responded quite well to them. I had about 2-3 good sized follicles when I triggered. I suffered from zero side effects. Most times, I barely felt the tiny needle going in. The only minor discomfort was feeling the medication going in if I pushed the syringe too quickly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the next cycle...

Felicity

Rough_Rock
parrot tulips|1298660709|2859416 said:
Felicity - Your posts made me so happy that this thread (6+ months) was started. Your optimism is very much appreciated. :bigsmile:

As for the injectibles, my body responded quite well to them. I had about 2-3 good sized follicles when I triggered. I suffered from zero side effects. Most times, I barely felt the tiny needle going in. The only minor discomfort was feeling the medication going in if I pushed the syringe too quickly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the next cycle...

Well that is good news; I think I remember that you were not happy with your response on clomid so it is good that you got on ok with the meds. I think injectables and IUI should generally go hand in hand, but I am more of a 'lets bring in the big guns' type of girl - I have never been praised for my dainty approach.

It is really crap that the IUI's haven't taken. What reasons have you been given for the failed cycles? Have you both had a chromosomal work up?

How is your insurance, do you have to do a certain # of IUI's to progress to more aggressive treatments?

BTW- Thanks ;))

LTP: I meant to say, I love the image of you looking like a raccoon watching Giuliana's tv show. I made the mistake of watching a made for tv true life movie at the weekend about baby-napping and was sobbing my eyes out! Sometimes a good cry is therapeutic; but you are a better woman than me; I try to hide my shameful baby-sobbing from DH. So, shhhh!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Hello, girlies!!

Glad to see some movement in this thread. I'm not sure I know who you are, "felicity," but I do wish you much hope and joy moving forward.

Man, this road can be tough. Just when I think I'm at my lowest, a new disappointment will arise, but thankfully, there's always the hope of what the next day (or cycle) will bring. I'll be thinking of you as you venture back into the world of TTC and crazy hope. Our day's coming.... and I'm excited for the happy posts just around the bend.

On my end, no news. Not preggo (yet), not pursuing meds, just riding with the waves, being ultra healthy (down a pant size, whoo hoo) and looking forward to what WILL come. I'd like to say I'm less stressed out, but some days I'm not. It's very much a road of ups and downs for me, and I think for everyone who's been trying any length of time.

The hardest moments so far have been when my husband and I have not been on the same page re: interventions, when to try new ideas, when to look at adoption, etc. We come through it stronger, so I'm thankful for that. TTC can tear so many couples apart, and we refuse to have a desire for a growing family to rip us apart.

(Still, I have to admit it would be nice if men could *completely* understand the emotional toll the coming and going of cycles takes on us... I know my husband wants to understand, but he doesn't. Not totally. He thinks going out for an evening or getting my feet rubbed or a sweet letter or a hug and a prayer makes it all better, and sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes I just want to be upset and not consoled.... just want to cry it out, let it out, and move on to the next hope-filled cycle. Anyone with me there?)

How are you all doing? I'm trying hard to let go of some obsessive tendencies I took on in regard to TTC, so I'm not here a lot, but I do think of my friends who are on the same winding road to parenthood often. Take it easy, ladies, and walk on in faith!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fisher, I don't read as much as I would like on these forums, but I have been following your story for some time now and am sending my best vibes your way. I hope you and Paul get what you wish for soon!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Fisher :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: It's always good to see you popping up around here!

I know how frustrating it can be when DH's are not on the same page, mine isn't always either! We're sort of stumbling forward together and figuring out our stride. It was truly a miracle of God working in DH that he decided he wanted to move forward with adoption...I thought it would be years before he was willing to do that. And it was another miracle that his heart was opened to a toddler as opposed to an infant.

On the other hand, he still hasn't gotten the SA he said he was going to get months ago :rolleyes:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fisher! I never read these threads, but I just thought I'd skim a page or two in all these threads and I saw you here. I wondered if y'all had any success TTC yet. I pray that it won't be much longer!

And same to all the rest of you girls! I know this must be so very hard.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Just popping in to give hugs and dust to my friends here!! I do still lurk and wish you all the best. :bigsmile: And Felicity, I'm pretty sure I know who you are, and I am so pleased to "see" you again!!! BEST wishes to you as you take the next steps in your journey. :appl:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Just flying by to say:

Fisher - I hear you were asking about me. Thanks for checking in, all is well and we have a little girl on the way. As far as you and DH getting on the same page, I know it can be uber frustrating, but just try to give him some time to get where you are. I feel like it takes a bit longer for guys to get where we naturally go. Big hug and take care of you!

LTP - That program you speak of is through Shady Grove Fertility. That is where I got my IUI done and if the second one hadn't worked, I probably would have gone the "shared risk" route. Its about 20K for up to 6 rounds of IVF. Like you said, if it doesn't work, or if you want to stop the treatments at any point (even after the fourth or fifth go) they give you 100% of the your money back. However, as mentioned, if you get pregnant (and carry to term) off the first cycle, it has the over paying risk. That being said, I think it's a pretty good program. Check out their website for more info and if you have any question, just let me know.

Felicity - I think I know who you may be too, and if it is you, I have missed you terribly and am happy to see you back! Please give a kiss to your furry son (that resembles my own) and do keep in touch!

To the rest of the ladies in here, I know this whole process is trying and can be totally depressing, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, whether it may be through ART or adoption or even plain old fashioned getting KU after one last go, so please hang in there and know I and a few other graduates of this thread are thinking of you and wishing you lots of success!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I know it's been a while since anyone has posted in this thread, but I have a question. If you're doing injectibles, how long does the HCG trigger stay in your system? It has been 12 days since the shot, and 10 days since my last IUI. I was wondering if testing this early might possibly give me a false positive...?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PT - I think it varies. Some women will test out their trigger, by using the cheapie wondfo tests, once a day after the trigger until they don't see a line. Then, if they get a positive thereafter, they know it is a true positive. I did this once and found it very stressful and was determined to see a line where there was not one after maybe 9 days.

Did you take a test already? I would guess that the trigger is more than likely out of your system by now, but I really shouldn't even say that, because what if it's not!?! I don't want to be the jerk on the internet who says that and is wrong! What I should say is that everyone is different, people may process it at different rates, etc. When I did the test-out though, the pink line would get lighter and lighter each day, so if you were to get a nice dark line, I'd think *positive*. Sorry, I am no help, am I?

ETA: But, if you are only 10 dpiui, then the line would be light anyway, which is WHY my comments are not helpful!! I think, though, if I had a line now, I'd be calling my RE for a blood test!

Best luck for a true positive!!!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I did take a test this morning, but the doctor doesn't trust (home) test results until at least 14 days after an IUI (with an HCG trigger). If I don't get my period by Sunday/Monday, she'll green light my blood test request. I'm in no mood to push...I've been TTC for 21 months. Waiting it out for another few days doesn't seem so bad.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
parrot tulips|1304009730|2907097 said:
I did take a test this morning, but the doctor doesn't trust (home) test results until at least 14 days after an IUI (with an HCG trigger). If I don't get my period by Sunday/Monday, she'll green light my blood test request. I'm in no mood to push...I've been TTC for 21 months. Waiting it out for another few days doesn't seem so bad.

Sounds like a very sensible approach! I hope it's a true positive! Keep us posted!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
PT--
Fingers and toes crossed for you.
It's been a dry spell in the TTC world since the last batch of BFPs.
I think it's time for another round.
Will be on pins and needles for your results!

Felicity--
Hey girl....so glad to see you in this part of PS.
Hope this year is better for you all.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
So...with a positive HPT under my belt, I went in for a blood test this afternoon. Results got back to me ridiculously fast. It confirmed my home pregnancy test...positive, with HCG levels at 220. It's the first and only positive result we've gotten in almost 2 years of trying, so I'm a little nervous about it sticking.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
PT, I'm sending dust your way!!! Hooray for a positive!!! Keeping fingers, toes crossed for you!!!! :appl:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PT,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

What wonderful news! Sending you and your l.o. tons of sticky dust!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results