shape
carat
color
clarity

The next best thing to receiving your own ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Is seeing the expression on one of your best friends'' faces when she receives hers! The proposal took place at a golf course on Sunday. R''s boyfriend had another friend of ours discretely place the ring in the 18th hole, so when he putted the ball in and asked R if she''d mind getting his ball for him, there was a very special gift waiting for her. He arranged to have some of her closest friends waiting in the clubhouse to congratulate her right afterwards. She was ecstatic! She doesn''t know any specs beyond 1.42 H SI1, and her ring size is 9.5. I hope the picture loads...

michelle 006 (3).jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I love the story! The 18th hole ...she will have that unique story forever.
36.gif

And even more your sweet
17.gif
honest excitement in your bff happiness. I hope she realizes how special a friend you are!

Please tell her when it is time to tell him of their pregnacy in the future....she should return the idea and have a baby bootie inside the 18th.
36.gif

DKS

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I love the baby bootie idea! The best part of the story is that she wasn''t expecting the ring to be ready until the end of summer. I had dinner with her 2 nights before and she was wondering how E would propose. She cracked a joke about how he''d probably do it at a golf course. I was almost in tears from laughing so hard when I found out that''s how he was going to do it.

I didn''t realize the picture I posted would come out so large. The ring looks gorgeous in person...I''m not really the best photographer.
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very sweet! I love those kinds of proposals. Her ring is beautiful!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal and beautiful ring! Congrats to your friend!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
How sweet! I love the ring. Congrats to your friend and her fiancé!
36.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Awww... Such a great proposal idea! I love it! Congrats to them both!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Love those creative proposals! Love the baby bootie idea, too!
Pretty ring!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great proposal and what a beautiful ring! Parrotulips, good for you for finding happiness within for your friend when you yourself are awaiting your proposal, that is sometimes a tough thing to do!

May I suggest a Tiffany''s sterling golf tee or other golf-related accessory for your friend to give her FI as a just-because (or otherwise) gift? DH loves to golf and I''ve looked at the T''s website and found quite a few lovely golf lover''s gifts there that I would love to give him for b-days and such.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story and a very nice ring. I too am glad you''re happy for your friend!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
She must be thrilled, it''s a beautiful ring!!!!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the lovely compliments. I''ll be sure and pass them along. My friend is beyond thrilled. Her fiance joked that it was a long time coming. They''ve been dating for 8-10 years...met in college. Now that she''s told her parents (quite nerve wracking because her parents are very old fashioned and there were racial/cultural/religious differences to contend with), there''s wedding planning to be done!

Oh, and a little point of clarification (because the title of my post seems to have caused some confusion), I''m not a LIW. I was (which is how I found Pricescope), once upon a time, but that was a lifetime ago. I''m happily single at the moment, and with the wisdom,I hope,to know when a relationship is worth fighting for, and when it''s just not meant to be.

Again, many thanks for all of the kind words.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting and stones! What a sweet friend you are; I would be showing it off too!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results