shape
carat
color
clarity

The new Tori Spelling book

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone--

I am an avid reader. And, I must admit I am a closet National Enquirer addict.
6.gif
So, in keeping up with the smutty gossip mags that I like, I decided to get the new Tori Spelling book "sTori Telling". Let me be the first to say, its a really fascinating book! Its a very easy reading kind of book, and I cannot seem to put it down. So, if any of you are looking for a total self indulgence book that offers no literary revelations, but gives you a really good story about someone, I highly recommend this. Beware though--its nearly impossible to find it. I had to order it through Barnes N Noble and it took a week to get. If anyone else has read it, let me know. Enjoy!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been meaning to pick it up. Read the first two chapters on-line on her website. The DH and I kinda got involved in watching the rebroadcasts of ''Tori and Dean'' on WE on the weekends. We were surprised at how normal they seem to be.

Our other guilty pleasure is Gene Simmons Family Jewels. Was not expecting him to be basically a fuddy-duddy dad! Or, that he and Shannon would have raised two smart, funny, normal kids.

The Lohans, Kardashians, Hiltons, and Housewives of (Anywhere) are a completely different story. Those people are complete nitwits.
2.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I bought mine from Amazon and loved it! I thought it was a great read
1.gif

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 8:29:42 AM
Author: HollyS
I've been meaning to pick it up. Read the first two chapters on-line on her website. The DH and I kinda got involved in watching the rebroadcasts of 'Tori and Dean' on WE on the weekends. We were surprised at how normal they seem to be.

Our other guilty pleasure is Gene Simmons Family Jewels. Was not expecting him to be basically a fuddy-duddy dad! Or, that he and Shannon would have raised two smart, funny, normal kids.

The Lohans, Kardashians, Hiltons, and Housewives of (Anywhere) are a completely different story. Those people are complete nitwits.
2.gif

Hey Holly I am addicted to the T&D show too! They ARE so surprisingly normal! If you like their show, you would LOVE the book!!
30.gif
I never did start watching Family Jewels, but you are probably the 10th person who has said how much they like that show. I really should set the DVR to record some of the repeats.

I used to really like the housewives of the OC. Started watching the New York one, and I was totally turned off. I couldn't believe the attitudes of some of those women! I agree with ya--total nitwits!

February--glad you liked the book too! I am about halfway done with it. I have a hard time putting it down!

mel047

Shiny_Rock
I was curious about this, so great post! I just caught a few of the episodes for the first time the other day, and they dooo seem soo normal! lol!

I did watch some of Inn Love and liked it. Whatever happened to their B&B?

Anyhow, lookin forward to getting the book and reading it!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Hey mel--
I think the B&B was a lease thing, and someone else bought it. They had some preview show before Home Sweet Hollywood started and talked about saying goodbye to the B&B. Gosh, I sound like a Tori and Dean stalker here! I really am not that obsessed with them----I promise!!
2.gif
I do love all the different series they have done. I think I gravitate to their normalcy. There are so many shows that are so over the top and unrealistic to the majority of the population. Its fun to see them go through the highs and lows that many of us all go through too. If you like the tv show, you will really like the book.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
The previous show was Tori & Dean: Inn Love.

I just finished reading the book, it was a fun read. I really like their current tv show Home Sweet Hollywood and I never was a Tori Spelling fan until I saw the show and now read the book. She''s had an interesting life and has a good sense of humor.

The only wrinkle in this story was the deal with Dean''s ex-wife. She wrote a short story about what happened when Dean left her in which is in a yet to be published collection of stories. She actually seems like a very cool lady (she had her own tv show and is a chef) and even though Tori and Dean are ''soulmates'' and a lot of fun to watch on tv the other side of the story (both of them cheating on and leaving their spouses - he leaving while their adopted daughter was 3 1/2 weeks old) is a bit rough. I still enjoy them as a couple but there''s definitely a bad bad side to the good fun side of all of this. Tori doesn''t tell this side of the story in her book since it''s Dean''s story.

She''s planning on writing a new book about being a mom in hollywood.

Oh and if you''re reallly bored go youtube the mary jo eustace vs tori spelling clip. Tori can be a real diva sometimes!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to read this one...I love Tori & Dean Home Sweet Hollywood. My 8 year old son and I are addicted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results