shape
carat
color
clarity

The never ending search...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
having seen the WF eternity bands in person, the shared prong ones, they are lovely. luckyhonu has one that WF made custom for her 2.25 size fingers and it''s low profile and beautiful. she didn''t mention anything re: it being hard to keep clean..and she wears it daily. it''s just stunning. those ACA''s all together are just breathtaking.

congrats on making a decision! what size is the stone you put on hold? for a 1.75-2c kind of stone i''d probably pair the solitaire with 7 pointers rather than 10 pointers. precious jewels 3c is paired with a WF eternity ring of 10 pointers (i think, right mrs salvo?) and it looks STUNNING but i don''t think i''d put 10 pointers with a smaller stone. a 3/4 eternity of 7 pointers i think would be really lovely with a solitaire!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep mara, preciousjewels has an eternity band made up of 10 pointer's with her 3 carat.
here's a pic

PJ%20with%20WF%20ering.jpg

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Pecious Jewels ring is gorgeous - wow!

Thanks for the suggestions on the size accent stones.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2458437.htm

Above is the diamond I picked. I went with the 2.00ct after all. Of course now I start to wonder if it''s too big.lol

I think I should scale down the accent size since it will be two bands together. I tried on an 8pt matching set locally and it was very nice. Not too blingy for me. The stones were F-VS2.

I''ll let you know when I receive the package. It''s so exciting to write that sentence.
36.gif

Thank you everyone. You''ve been so helpful in the process. I want to gush here but have to get to a pep rally. Again THANK YOU!

Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, Mrs T! I went to look at your stone and it is not on the webpage! WF needs to fix this on the new site! People need the page to stay up after buying so they can show the diamond!

(I think 8 pointers will be much better for what you have in mind.)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm glad you picked something out. I hope you just LOVE it when you see it!

Don't worry about it being too big. It was the size you were looking for, when you see it you'll know if it's right.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 7:02:24 PM
Author: Mrs.T
Pecious Jewels ring is gorgeous - wow!

Thanks for the suggestions on the size accent stones.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2458437.htm

Above is the diamond I picked. I went with the 2.00ct after all. Of course now I start to wonder if it''s too big.lol

I think I should scale down the accent size since it will be two bands together. I tried on an 8pt matching set locally and it was very nice. Not too blingy for me. The stones were F-VS2.

I''ll let you know when I receive the package. It''s so exciting to write that sentence.
36.gif

Thank you everyone. You''ve been so helpful in the process. I want to gush here but have to get to a pep rally. Again THANK YOU!

Mrs T

Congrats Mrs. T! You must feel so much better now! I am glad you went with the 2 carat - I think that was what your heart deeply desired. Everything else will work out (kid''s college, etc) - It is obvious from your posts that you are thinking of everyone else, and so I know that you deserve to have a beautiful ring that you will cherish!

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Diamondseeker: I''m going to see if WF can post it here for me.

Thanks for the kind words CR. I am feeling pretty good.

Last night one of the mom''s had a gorgeous 2ct. ring! She had the simple band and the eternity wedding band. I was drooling. It was her upgrade ring. It felt so good to say that my upgrade is coming soon. DH was excited too.

Mrs T

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Now I think I might go with the plain band. I like Preciousjewels because it isn''t too thin.

Does anyone know who made her band?

Mrs T

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the 2 ct - I know you won't regret it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to quote Sir Storm here - KICKEN!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Precious Jewels engagement ring there with her 3c is a Vatche Royal Crown setting. the width is 2.9mm i think.

the wedding eternity ring she has was made by WF. it''s with ACA melee 10 pointers. so yours would look similar just a tiny bit thinner. I think that 8 pointers instead of 10 pointers like hers would be totally great with a 2c stone. i think that PJ''s 3c looks wonderful with the 10 pointers so 8 pointers for a 2c make sense to me. I love the simplicity of her set, the classicness!

how exciting!!! i can''t wait to see the finished product. as for ''too big'' on the 2c, trust me, it shrinks mentally!!! my 2.32 looks like it belongs now. hahaha.

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Mara:

I hope to find some time to explore the different sizes in the stores. The ring set I saw last night looked like 20pt''rs. Next time I see this gal I might ask if she doesn''t mind telling me the size of the stones. It looked great to me but then again I think she had a 3ct center.

I spent part of the day looking on line for classic solitaire settings. I like the shank of the Royal Crown by Vatche, but I love the prongs on the Tiffany. I know exceldiamonds sells a Tiffany style but the basket doesn''t seem as delicate.

Any other designers come to mind?

Mrs T

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, I didn''t see some of the other comments.

Lorelei: I''m thrilled Sir Storm said it''s kickin! I''m still not sure who he is but from the posts I''ve read by him that''s saying something.

Thanks DS!

Real soon I will let you know what I think.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs T, what I found when I went looking for solitaire settings in real jewelry stores is that they carry MANY more brands of settings than we see here online. There are ones that sell die-struck settings such as Jabel and Roseco. So you can get fine quality whether you pay for the designer name or not. I was looking at some Ritani solitaires, but I ended up going with a simple diestruck setting that is technically better than the cast setting Ritani makes. But the Ritani''s certainly are pretty and have their own style. I really think you''ll do better just going to look at some solitaire settings, unless you decide to go with one of the WF settings. I decided not to go with 6 prongs because so many people have had trouble with the diamond wedding band stones rubbing the prong that sticks out at the bottom. Although I was shown some that would sit more flush. It''s best to be able to try them on together if you can.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely check out the Ritani solitaires. That is my current absolute favorite ring for a solitaire with a bit of jazz. It's about $1400 in platinum for a 2c+ size head, and comes with a surprise diamond or not. But the head on the Ritani is just lovable. Beyond beautiful. And it sits flush with pretty much any band.

Your local BBB should carry them. I WANT that setting!! It's very hard to see it in online and appreciate it, in person it is 100000% better than the tiny thumbnails the jewelers websites have. And I haven't seen anyone with it yet which is amazing to me because it's darling.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results