shape
carat
color
clarity

The never-ending project ...Asscher Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another vote for #2..

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! And now I still get to live vicariously through you.
9.gif

I would think you''ll have no "what ifs" after all this.
2.gif

And I vote #2!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I love the #2 setting as well. BTW, I don''t see how that #1 setting could even be done. It looks like the baguettes and the asscher are set in the bezel together. I don''t know how the baguettes would ever line up perfectly with the asscher.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2, and I''m glad you''re getting that beautiful asscher after all!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone; #2 it will be!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, #2!!!

Sorry if this is a dense question, but when you say "Jacob" you're referring to the one known as "Jacob the Jeweler" that had been in the news? Just curious!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! Surely it couldn''t be!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a very nice sketch... I''ll be interested to watch the process as it goes forward. Congrats!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
"As far as #2 goes, it was a Canadian designer whose name or province I was never given. I contacted a jewellery store here in Ontario and they arranged for the design based on pictures I sent them of the DK setting and the Gypsy/ Irina setting. I have done business with that store in the past, but their price to set the asscher was just too high. "

So this jewelry store did this fab design for you but they wanted too much to set the asscher (how much is too much? was design time factored in maybe?) and you are taking their design and having someone else make it? Were they okay with you taking it elsewhere and having it made?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, to be fair the 'design' isn't theirs. It a direct copy rendering of the pic I posted for Isaku months ago.

ETA: This is the pic I had on my hard drive... the ring they drew is exactly this-- just with an asscher in it... which isn't a design change as this stone is already octagonal... even if it is a radiant.

ISAKU%20setting.jpg

bag%20halo2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aahhh okay...sorry i thought that it was designed for isabel in which case i thought wow that''s kinda ballsy, taking someone''s actual hand sketch elsewhere for cheaper!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I totally would be with you there. 100%... but in this particular case... it's the drawing itself that's proprietary... but not what it's depicting. Irina actually photoshopped an asscher into that setting when I posted it... so even the addition of the asscher isn't something unique to the drawing since that's the pic I assume Isaku sent them for the qoute/ rendering.

AlmostGypsy.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 11:22:59 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Yup, #2!!!

Sorry if this is a dense question, but when you say ''Jacob'' you''re referring to the one known as ''Jacob the Jeweler'' that had been in the news? Just curious!
Definitely NOT that Jacob!!! Has anyone heard what happened when he went for his court date??

This Jacob is Jonathan''s choice.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big, fat, PHEW!!!!!
9.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
So I lost track way back when...was it going to be possible to have the halo''s 4 longer sides done with single baguettes rather than two?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 11:26:19 PM
Author: Gypsy
It''s a very nice sketch... I''ll be interested to watch the process as it goes forward. Congrats!
2.gif
Me too, Gypsy. I guess I''m going first after all!!!!!! Apparently, Jonathan''s jeweller has done bag/halo designs before so mine won''t be the "prototype".

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 10:24:41 AM
Author: wallermama
So I lost track way back when...was it going to be possible to have the halo''s 4 longer sides done with single baguettes rather than two?
Who could keep track????? Jacob is coming in to GOG today and taking a look again so as far as I know, it will be 12 baguettes in the halo.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, #2 is great! So geometrical and flowing at the same time. Good choice!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops, posted in the wrong spot
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results