shape
carat
color
clarity

The Moment of Truth

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Anybody watch this show last night?
A person is hooked up to a lie detector machine and then asked those same questions on television. You get money for telling the truth.

Despite its high ratings and international spinoffs, the show''s original Columbian edition -- which featured a maximum prize of $50,000 -- was recently canceled after a contestant won $25,000 by admitting she had hired someone to kill her husband.

So this guy was on last night and was asked (with his wife sitting mere feet away from him) is the reason why you haven''t tried starting a family because you are unsure that ''Catia'' is your lifelong partner? He answered yes and went on to answer more questions.

He went out on the question, You are a personal trainer, right? Have you ever touched a female client more than was necessary for the job? He said no...

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
I watched it last night too... Personally I thought it was awful and I can''t understand why anyone would want to subject themselves or their friends and familly for a couple bucks. The questions just seemed so hurtful but they knew what they were getting into.
20.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I abhore reality television in all its forms, so this doesn''t even surprise me... Urgh, what people will do for money...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jerry Springer has actually been presenting that show for about the past 6 months in the UK. I don't know how anyone would go on it!

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
It really was sick...I just kept thinking this show''s purpose is to embarrass, humilate and ruin peoples lives. I won''t watch it again.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I must admit, DH and I were glued to the TV during that show. It''s like a train wreck - we just couldn''t look away.
6.gif
What I don''t understand is why these people didn''t walk away after hearing the questions the first time around (when they were hooked up to the lie detector).

I mean, you can''t even say that well, they didn''t know what they were getting into. I guess they were under a contract which stated that they had to go through with it after being asked the questions - either that or they were just plain money hungry.

I kept saying to DH, "These people can loose everything - their jobs, their wives, their families!" It''s nuts!
33.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I watched the first 10 minutes and it bored me....

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 1:56:19 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
I watched the first 10 minutes and it bored me....
Same here...too much fake melodrama. Plus, I''m one of those people who feels embarrassed for other people when I can tell they are embarrassed. I don''t need tv to make me feel uncomfortable, my own life has been doing that quite enough already!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I was flipping between this and supernanny. I missed him getting kicked off. I can''t imagine $$$ being more important than the current quality of your life. The show is paying you to ruin your life...

Also, I hated the drama with the length it took them to answer. Its as if they were waiting for approval to speak!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t even watch it. I saw the previews and those made me feel uncomfortable enough. I HATE shows that are awkward like that and I won''t ever watch them. It just makes me feel embarassed and I can''t stand it!

I don''t know why anyone would ever go on that show. Really...it''s just a horrible, awful concept. Yikes.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t watch it either. The previews made my stomach turn.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results