shape
carat
color
clarity

The May LIW Small Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
MK! That is awful! I''m so sorry to hear that!

Sweet: Congrats on your first mother''s day! I''m a furbaby mom... does that count?
9.gif

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:02:31 AM
Author: elledizzy5
MK! That is awful! I''m so sorry to hear that!

Sweet: Congrats on your first mother''s day! I''m a furbaby mom... does that count?
9.gif

sure. why not. you take care of him/her!(cat?. im guessing from the pic)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooohh... Bia got a new siggy line!
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:18:26 AM
2.gif
Yea, it was time for something different. Is it too, cynical? I have a tendency to go there...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:25:48 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 5/1/2009 11:18:26 AM
2.gif
Yea, it was time for something different. Is it too, cynical? I have a tendency to go there...
I find it to be a quite pleasant level of cynical.
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Elle, we count. Our little furballs are like our kids!
12.gif
Nice siggy, Bia.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:31:46 AM
Author: princessplease
Elle, we count. Our little furballs are like our kids!
12.gif
Nice siggy, Bia.

My doggy is definitely my first born. I don''t care what people say about never loving your pets as much as your kids. FI and I defy that myth!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome. It says a lot.
I completely agree with you Bia. I don''t have any children, but I absolutely love my pets with all of my heart. Bia, what kind of pup do you have?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Happy first mother''s day, Sweet! That''s very exciting.
1.gif

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
i love my dog, but he doesn''t acknoweledge mother''s day. the nerve
2.gif
. he he

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I have a shih tzu mix. Mixed with what, I don't know. She looks most like a shih tzu, but then, she looks nothing like a shih tzu, it's weird. Her hair is curly, her legs are long, she runs super fast...so maybe she mixed with mini poodle or bishon?

I'll post a pic if I can find one on my work comp.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
This is my little love:

poooch.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! Awww, Bia! SO cute!!
30.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Bia, your dog is such a cutie!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
She is, isn''t she?
30.gif
She can be a handful. She is super protective of me, and she''s bite sized! I think she weighs only 9-10lbs. When she was a puppy she used to be sort of aloof, and independent, which is why we call her catdog. It''s like she''ll love you, but on her terms! Plus she is a HIGH jumper. I''m telling you, she''s a cat in a fluffy-dog body! Now that she''s 4 1/2 she''s calmed a bit. Loves to cuddle with her mommy and daddy. Cuddles with me during the day, but at night she makes her nook between FI''s legs because he doesn''t move around like I do LOL.

But yea, she''s a doll. She''s so much fun, and has brought so much happiness into our lives.
30.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:59:28 PM
Aw, I''m so sorry!!!!!! After ten years, I can''t even imagine. I wish him the best of luck in finding a new job. There really is a lot that can be done with a public admin degree; my school offers a M.A in public admin, and those students work in a ton of different fields. I hope he finds something soon!
Thank you! Yeah, there is a broad range of things. Hopefully something comes up soon! I at least wish someone would call him in for an interview to give him a little boost of confidence. He might go back to school for his Masters in Organization Leadership sometime in the nearing future. But we will have to wait and see what job he gets and if he would need to go back to school or not. He''s very interested in moving up in the years to come within the workplace to a management position but unsure if he will need further education for that. I guess it depends.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 9:55:18 AM
Author: princesss
I requested a sticky, but maybe the mods don''t love me.
emcry.gif

Anybody got any extra clout with the mods?
I asked that it be a sticky yesterday. They are probably busy. Give them some time...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
misskitty- I''ll keep my fingers crossed that they find the little fur baby. So sorry to hear about all that...
15.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Bia- I''ve always thought your little doggie is such an adorable little thing...
2.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 12:14:51 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 4/30/2009 6:59:28 PM

Aw, I''m so sorry!!!!!! After ten years, I can''t even imagine. I wish him the best of luck in finding a new job. There really is a lot that can be done with a public admin degree; my school offers a M.A in public admin, and those students work in a ton of different fields. I hope he finds something soon!
Thank you! Yeah, there is a broad range of things. Hopefully something comes up soon! I at least wish someone would call him in for an interview to give him a little boost of confidence. He might go back to school for his Masters in Organization Leadership sometime in the nearing future. But we will have to wait and see what job he gets and if he would need to go back to school or not. He''s very interested in moving up in the years to come within the workplace to a management position but unsure if he will need further education for that. I guess it depends.

Bia, absolutely ADORABLE!!!!
1.gif
1.gif

It''s so hard to manage, but you seem like a wonderful support system. My stepmom is an accountant and has been out of work since Sept, so I see how it is in my own family. I truly hope something comes up soon for him. I know the Veteran''s Administration has a lot of openings as of late, so maybe he could look there for some different options.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 12:17:00 PM

Date: 5/1/2009 9:55:18 AM
I requested a sticky, but maybe the mods don''t love me.
emcry.gif

Anybody got any extra clout with the mods?
I asked that it be a sticky yesterday. They are probably busy. Give them some time...
I did too, lol. But as you can tell patience is not one of my strong points, hahahahaha. At least not about stuff I''m excited about. Now, a trip to the dentist....*that* I could be verrrrrry patient about.
17.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Uggggggggggggggh.

BF just called.

"Honey, where''s the best place in Charlotte to get a loose diamond?"

I had to make him promise to tell this poor guy who is trying to propose to his GF about WF and GOG. But I know he''s going to go with Jared''s. I just know it. I''m soooooooooo frustrated because if people would just PLAN these things in ADVANCE and let me HELP THEM they''d get something so much better. (Hi, my name is princesss and I''m a control freak.) But at least I know the Jared near us carries GIA ex and the odd AGS0. Sure, there''s the Jared''s mark up and this guy is going to end up going by himself and getting an uncerted stone because he doesn''t know any better, but it at least has something.

Basically I told BF to have him look at GOG and WF, "But if he needed the diamond yesterday, and wants to leave with something in hand today, Jared." BF said that it looks like the deadline is coming up earlier than the guy expected, so he may need something asap.

It was a weird thing, though, to hear BF talk about the deadline. It sounded so wrong. "The deadline''s coming, time to get a diamond!" I do hope it never comes to that with us, because honestly...I''m not sure I''d ever be happy if it happened because of a deadline discussion.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 1:21:24 PM
It was a weird thing, though, to hear BF talk about the deadline. It sounded so wrong. ''The deadline''s coming, time to get a diamond!'' I do hope it never comes to that with us, because honestly...I''m not sure I''d ever be happy if it happened because of a deadline discussion.
I completely agree. I''ve never been a fan of set deadlines for an engagement. It just seems like so much pressure on a guy. Almost like a life/death decision for him. Or even blackmail. I want my guy to propose to me when HE WANTS TO. Not because HE HAS TO.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 1:40:31 PM

It was a weird thing, though, to hear BF talk about the deadline. It sounded so wrong. ''The deadline''s coming, time to get a diamond!'' I do hope it never comes to that with us, because honestly...I''m not sure I''d ever be happy if it happened because of a deadline discussion.
I completely agree. I''ve never been a fan of set deadlines for an engagement. It just seems like so much pressure on a guy. Almost like a life/death decision for him. Or even blackmail. I want my guy to propose to me when HE WANTS TO. Not because HE HAS TO.
Yup. And I''d be sad, because I don''t want to just be BF/GF forever, and so once I felt like I''d passed my point, I''d be gone. And that would suck, because it''s never easy to leave somebody you feel like you want to spend your life with, but I want the *marriage*, too. That''s equally as important to me as who I''m with.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 11:42:06 AM
I have a shih tzu mix. Mixed with what, I don''t know. She looks most like a shih tzu, but then, she looks nothing like a shih tzu, it''s weird. Her hair is curly, her legs are long, she runs super fast...so maybe she mixed with mini poodle or bishon?

I''ll post a pic if I can find one on my work comp.

we have the same dong then!! i have a shih tzu / toy poodle. he''s my toy shi*.
9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 1:50:58 PM
Date: 5/1/2009 1:40:31 PM

Yup. And I''d be sad, because I don''t want to just be BF/GF forever, and so once I felt like I''d passed my point, I''d be gone. And that would suck, because it''s never easy to leave somebody you feel like you want to spend your life with, but I want the *marriage*, too. That''s equally as important to me as who I''m with.

I didnt set a deadline per say, but i did tell E that i will not be in a relationship for more than 2 years if it was not going anywhere. i think it still okay to set some boundries though, ya know?

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
princess and dreamgirl,

i agree with both of you. i would never want a proposal because the guy thought that he had to. But, im also not completly against deadlines either. I have one, but it is completly internal for that reason-i don''t want him to do it because he feels that he has an ultimadium.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 2:04:29 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 5/1/2009 11:42:06 AM
I have a shih tzu mix. Mixed with what, I don''t know. She looks most like a shih tzu, but then, she looks nothing like a shih tzu, it''s weird. Her hair is curly, her legs are long, she runs super fast...so maybe she mixed with mini poodle or bishon?

I''ll post a pic if I can find one on my work comp.

we have the same dong then!! i have a shih tzu / toy poodle. he''s my toy shi*.
9.gif
Post a pic and we''ll compare/contrast...I''d be interested to see what a toy poodle/shih tzu looks like.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got an internal "point of no return." He knows what it is because we were talking about dead end relationships. I will only move in with him when it''s clear we are moving rapidly towards engagement. If we are not engaged after living together for a year, I will take that as my cue that it isn''t working, and I''ll end it. It''s not a threat, not something I''d hold over his head, or constantly remind him of. Just an understanding that I will not wait forever. He knows that, and knows what my expectations will be, and he will be refreshed as we talk about moving in together. It also means we won''t be living together unless we both see ourselves getting engaged relatively soon. I think internal deadlines are useful, and can keep people from staying in a relationship when they''re seriously overcooked and it''s going nowhere fast.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 2:16:00 PM
I''ve got an internal ''point of no return.'' He knows what it is because we were talking about dead end relationships. I will only move in with him when it''s clear we are moving rapidly towards engagement. If we are not engaged after living together for a year, I will take that as my cue that it isn''t working, and I''ll end it. It''s not a threat, not something I''d hold over his head, or constantly remind him of. Just an understanding that I will not wait forever. He knows that, and knows what my expectations will be, and he will be refreshed as we talk about moving in together. It also means we won''t be living together unless we both see ourselves getting engaged relatively soon. I think internal deadlines are useful, and can keep people from staying in a relationship when they''re seriously overcooked and it''s going nowhere fast.

I have a similar internal deadline -- we moved in together this January, and it was with the understanding that this step forward would lead to another step forward in a reasonable amount of time. If we aren''t engaged by next January, I am going to look for my own place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results