shape
carat
color
clarity

The many ways make-up changes us...

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love makeup! I wear makeup mostly every day. If it's just casual daytime activity, I wear concealer (for the circles under my eyes), a bronzer or blush depending on the time of year, and some lip gloss. I just like a little something to brighten up my face, particularly in the winter months. For work, I generally add eyeliner and mascara. For night time activities, I will also wear eyeshadow - I love to play around with new colors, but I generally stick to neutrals. I have fair skin with light brown hair and blue eyes, so I think I look the best in brown/champagne tones, even though I look longingly at all the pretty colors when I go shopping.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Sparklelu|1392830682|3618603 said:
I recently let my hair go to its new natural color, GREY. I love the color and the style, and I dont think it really makes me look older. But it does tend to wash me out. When my face has natural color from sunning i look and feel better, but since DH just had MOHs surgery to remove some cancerous spots from his face, tanning is out. So I tend to look washed out a faded.
I stand in front of 135 middle schoolers each day and I don't want to look like a faded old lady. So I spike up my hair and add color to my face, foundation, bronzer, eye makeup and lipstick. I feel like I am putting my best face foward.
Now if someone could just tell me where my lips went I would be happy! I'm currently learning the joys of lipliner

An aquaintance of mine is a very well dressed and yes dare I say very sexy lady with totally grey / white hair, cut into a longish bob.
She always looks fantastic, and so sharp, she totally rocks that grey hair, along with everything else!
Dresses, pants, she looks great in evrything.
And I have to say, she looks amaze in her red lipstick!!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I enjoy wearing makeup, even if it's just a little bronzer, lipstick and mascara, just so I look like I have some effort. (This is the Deep South, after all, and there might be a Bless Your Heart or two if you don't.). When I go to work, I usually wear foundation and a full face of makeup, just because that's what's expected.

My BFF is really into makeup and so we used to do a Face Of The Day Challenge where one of us would pick an element (green eyeshadow, let's say) and then we'd both wear it. It was always fun and it taught me new tricks and it made me a lot more confident - if you'll go to work with lizard green eyeshadow on (tastefully applied, of course, as an accent color), who knows what else you can do?

I feel like I look my best on vacation with no makeup except some mascara and lipgloss, with sun-kissed face and salty hair, but clearly that's not an every day look!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I don't wear any make-up. I'm an oddball, a very feminine woman who acts like a guy with many of my grooming habits - hacks my nails off with a scissors, no make-up and never does anything to my hair except wash and grow it. I have beautiful skin from staying out of the sun.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think makeup changes me much.
It's taken years of practice but I look best when my makeup is subtle and not even noticeable.

screen_shot_2014-02-24_at_2.png

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
:lol:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1393272010|3622067 said:
I don't think makeup changes me much.
It's taken years of practice but I look best when my makeup is subtle and not even noticeable.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :appl:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put on powder mascara and blush if I wake up early enough before work. I also use some eye brow gel to keep them puppies in place. Takes about five minutes lol. On the weekends if I'm going out ill do some eyeshadow or maybe a liquid liner 50's style. Or nothing, lol.

About the hair, I noticed my first grays about 4 years ago, there's plenty now. I had always colored my hair to make it a bit more red but I decided to just go with it and embrace my gray now. I stopped coloring almost a year ago and the growing out process sucks! It'll probably be a few more years until it's grown out enough for me to really cut it and have it all natural. Ugh.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny - best post ever! :lol: You look so... radiant!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I ran across this and thought of this thread (this woman demonstrated how make-up changes her by applying it to only half of her face):

makeup.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1395154505|3636439 said:
I ran across this and thought of this thread (this woman demonstrated how make-up changes her by applying it to only half of her face):

Wow! I love her eye make-up. Do you have a link to this video please?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - that last picture is incredible!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I moisturize every day but I can't stand colored moisturizer or foundation on my skin. For some reason clear feels light and color feels heavy. Luckily I have gorgeous skin at 53. I don't leave the house without lipstick. It brightens my face. Never wore eye makeup because I was allergic. I wear glasses and I agree they frame your eyes like makeup. Less is more for me!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1395154505|3636439 said:

One side real.
The other fake.
I prefer real.

If I met here I'd totally feel better about her if she sported her natural/real look.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I know that most women don't agree with me, but when I see makeup on people's faces I think it looks dirty or if not that, a painted on look of a clown. Especially black eyeliner and lipstick. The only make-up that looks good to me is when it looks natural, like when someone uses concealer sparingly, or an eye shadow that is a shade darker than natural; when it is used for subtle enhancement or covering blemishes. My husband said one of the reasons he was attracted to me was that I don't wear make-up. I always prefer the natural look.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Sky56|1395219210|3637131 said:
I know that most women don't agree with me, but when I see makeup on people's faces I think it looks dirty or if not that, a painted on look of a clown. Especially black eyeliner and lipstick. The only make-up that looks good to me is when it looks natural, like when someone uses concealer sparingly, or an eye shadow that is a shade darker than natural; when it is used for subtle enhancement or covering blemishes. My husband said one of the reasons he was attracted to me was that I don't wear make-up. I always prefer the natural look.

Sky, my husband would agree w/ yours, he doesn't like the look of makeup either. If it's obvious to him, he just doesn't care for it.

Whatever people like to do with regards to makeup is fine with me, and I'm actually in awe of those who can apply it well. I think because I grew up where my mom never wore anything except lipstick (same w/ my MIL), makeup was just never a "thing" for me and I'd probably look absolutely ridiculous if I tried to apply foundation and eyeliner and stuff :)) .

I had someone do my face for our wedding and when our photographer walked into the room for pre-wedding photos, he literally stopped in his tracks and started stammering about how beautiful I looked. I was glad that I he thought I looked so great on my wedding day, but I think it was clear that I wasn't a "natural" beauty in his eyes at all LOL :lol: !

April20

Ideal_Rock
I don't wear make up if I'm going to be home all day. If I'm going to be out and about, I have a five min routine that includes foundation to even out my skin tone, a little blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. I hate lip stick. If I'm going out and it's special, I really crank it up and do a SIX minute routine that includes a little more eyeshadow and eyeliner. :cheeky:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love makeup, BUT I AM HORRIBLE AT PUTTING IT ON. All my friends are make up wizards and I look like I threw it all on the ground and rolled my face in it. :twirl: ::) :rolleyes:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooooo I was rumaging through my makeup collection this morning (which admittedly isn't exactly huge to start with) but everything was just not quite what I was after you know what I mean? Like an eyeshadow was too beige, another too pink etc. I need to be speedy in the mornings (up at 5am for long commute!) I don't have time to fiddle about laying stuff - then I was suddenly inspired to make my own perfect shade!

I pulled out 4 different shades (very pale Bojouis beige, dark chocolate Max Factor, rose pink shimmer & another champagne colour - Victoria Secret I think). Scrapped them all out of their little old chipped pots/trays and into a mortar & pestle. Smooshed it all together and TA DA! The perfect warm, rosy shimmery brown. Not too dark, not too light.Popped in back into the now empty shimmer pot and I'm good to go. :)

I was so pleased with the results for 10mins work - I decided to take the same approach with a few lipsticks that I had bought but never really worn. Melted 2 netural shades plus 1 darker berry shade, added some left over shimmer lip gloss and mixed it all together - put back into gloss pot and popped it into the fridge to set. Now its the perfect warm glossy berry tone but not to dark, nor too beige. So happy! AND my makeup drawer looks tidier too.

Anyone else do this sort of thing? I'd love to hear your stories.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Roxy|1395367828|3638407 said:
Sky56|1395219210|3637131 said:

Sky, my husband would agree w/ yours, he doesn't like the look of makeup either. If it's obvious to him, he just doesn't care for it.

Whatever people like to do with regards to makeup is fine with me, and I'm actually in awe of those who can apply it well. I think because I grew up where my mom never wore anything except lipstick (same w/ my MIL), makeup was just never a "thing" for me and I'd probably look absolutely ridiculous if I tried to apply foundation and eyeliner and stuff :)) .

I had someone do my face for our wedding and when our photographer walked into the room for pre-wedding photos, he literally stopped in his tracks and started stammering about how beautiful I looked. I was glad that I he thought I looked so great on my wedding day, but I think it was clear that I wasn't a "natural" beauty in his eyes at all LOL :lol: !

My husband is the opposite - he doesn't care for the no-make-up look, which is not to say that he likes a clown face (he prefers a small to "normal" amount).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results