shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate when older people at work REFUSE to let computers help them.

This chick is wandering around the office asking someone to forge a signature for an attorney, as we have a copy of the siggy.

I said "Why don''t you just have me turn it into a jpg an insert it on the form?"

"No, that wouldn''t work. I have to print it in color"

....WHAT?? What does that mean? Why don''t you let me HELP!?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:30:34 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 7/15/2009 2:27:13 PM
Author: ckrickett

Date: 7/15/2009 2:16:28 PM

Date: 7/15/2009 2:10:06 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 7/15/2009 2:07:25 PM
Day from hell part two: Go!

38.gif
UGH. Again?

What going on over there?
Hell. Hell is what''s going on over here.
want us to go over there and open up a can of whoopass?
Yes please.
I''ll help. i have had my wheeties and coffee this morn.
i am a can of whoopass.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:34:19 PM

This chick is wandering around the office asking someone to forge a signature for an attorney, as we have a copy of the siggy.

I said ''Why don''t you just have me turn it into a jpg an insert it on the form?''

''No, that wouldn''t work. I have to print it in color''

Because they don''t GET IT. I deal with the same thing here at work. That''s why our office is overrun with paper...because that generation needs a paper copy of everything! Nevermind that I save it on my computer, on several flash drives, in emails...etc.

20.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 1:22:33 PM
Date: 7/15/2009 1:21:24 PM

Author: FrekeChild

Elle, I think you should be grateful that J doesn''t want to name your kid ''Poop Cake''.

Tee hee hee...

Naming our kids is the least of our worries.

Any time we hear a baby cry in public he is always like ''Can''t you just punch them? Or give them benadryl?''

Great father material.
9.gif

HAHAHA! *wipes tears* oh that was great! Too bad BF feels the same way some of the time. He''s great with his niece and nephew though...the only difference is that he can give them back.

Yeah, I don''t understand the whole Uggs worn with a jean skirt during the summer. I guess it''s an age thing...I used to think rolled up jeans and Hypercolor shirts were THE style to have! Speaking of movies, I still get carded for "R" rated movies. I''ll be 29 in August.
3.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 1:31:28 PM
Date: 7/15/2009 1:30:10 PM

Author: TheBigT

Date: 7/15/2009 1:28:49 PM

Date: 7/15/2009 1:27:21 PM

Date: 7/15/2009 1:24:44 PM

Some 16 year old last night had on a black strapless tube dress, flip flops, and a tie.
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

She looked more like Avril Lavigne than HP!
20.gif

Wasn''t she cold?

She HAD to have been. I was cold with jeans and a long sleeve tshirt.

When you''re that young, temperature is irrelevant. I ''LOL'' at the college freshmen in my area that run around in January in Michigan with mini skirts, halter tops, and uggs. Sorry honey, those uggs are doing NOTHING for you.
20.gif

Ugh, Uggs.
38.gif

THey''re great for winters, believe me. Not the cutest things in the world, but they keep my feet warm and toasty.

However, as a fashion statement? Sorry... mini skirt + uggs = cankle fail.

LOL for sure. I lived in LA a year ago and the ladies wore the same outfit in the 70 degree weather. HI-larious. That outfit is inappropriate no matter what the climate.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies. Hope everyone''s weds is going better than mine.

I am never driving DHs truck again. Rear wheel drive+rain=disaster.

14.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 1:56:14 PM
Date: 7/15/2009 1:52:22 PM

Date: 7/15/2009 1:49:32 PM

Author: FrekeChild

Date: 7/15/2009 1:38:31 PM

Hahaha.

Someone is enjoying their psych degree today!
3.gif

Everyday.
9.gif

I have a problem. Should FI and I go to Vegas in August if it''s going to take some $$$ (not sure how much) away from the wedding trip to Vegas in January?

I''m torn, because it''s been an AWFUL summer, and between summer school, the engagement party and getting sick, I''ve been having mini breakdowns every day. A little vacay to Vegas would be nice...

Yes, go! Maybe you''ll win big and make up the difference!

Agreed. Sometimes you just really need to get away and blow off some steam. Mental health is the most important thing, so I vote yes!

Ditto, even better for the mental health if you don''t gamble...you just have to chill that way.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:41:19 PM
Author: Bia

I said ''Why don''t you just have me turn it into a jpg an insert it on the form?''

''No, that wouldn''t work. I have to print it in color''

Because they don''t GET IT. I deal with the same thing here at work. That''s why our office is overrun with paper...because that generation needs a paper copy of everything! Nevermind that I save it on my computer, on several flash drives, in emails...etc.

20.gif
LOL. Ohh... the angst of a young assistant. It seriously drives me BONKERS!!

I can''t wait until they retire and everyone is self-sufficient throughout the office!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:45:23 PM
Author: Miscka

14.gif
Uh oh...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:49:04 PM

Date: 7/15/2009 2:41:19 PM

I said 'Why don't you just have me turn it into a jpg an insert it on the form?'

'No, that wouldn't work. I have to print it in color'

....WHAT?? What does that mean? Why don't you let me HELP!?
Because they don't GET IT. I deal with the same thing here at work. That's why our office is overrun with paper...because that generation needs a paper copy of everything! Nevermind that I save it on my computer, on several flash drives, in emails...etc.

20.gif
LOL. Ohh... the angst of a young assistant. It seriously drives me BONKERS!!

I can't wait until they retire and everyone is self-sufficient throughout the office!
I showed one of my coworkers (who I love, but is as old as they come) how to make a mass email contact list, and a few other things in between. Now any time the subject of tech savviness comes up he says, "well didn't you know, I'm a pretty high tech guy nowadays." LOL! He's adorable but seriously clueless. Oh well, it gets done faster when I do it anyway.

Bia

Ideal_Rock

14.gif
Yikes. scary!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
A couple months ago my mom was saying how frustrating it was that she had to re-type everything into emails or into notes on her computer from one place to the other. I said, "why don''t you just copy and paste it?" She had no idea what that meant. I showed her how to copy and paste and she couldn''t believe you could do that! She still thanks me every few days for showing her...

It''s amazing how happy you can make someone by showing them the simplest things...
9.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:49:40 PM

14.gif
Uh oh...

6.gif
i hope everything is ok!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:57:33 PM
Author: Lilac
A couple months ago my mom was saying how frustrating it was that she had to re-type everything into emails or into notes on her computer from one place to the other. I said, ''why don''t you just copy and paste it?'' She had no idea what that meant. I showed her how to copy and paste and she couldn''t believe you could do that! She still thanks me every few days for showing her...

It''s amazing how happy you can make someone by showing them the simplest things...
9.gif
LOL. Oh gosh Lilac, that is hilarious! Your poor mother!
2.gif
3.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
A couple months ago my mom was saying how frustrating it was that she had to re-type everything into emails or into notes on her computer from one place to the other. I said, ''why don''t you just copy and paste it?'' She had no idea what that meant. I showed her how to copy and paste and she couldn''t believe you could do that! She still thanks me every few days for showing her...

9.gif

Even better to know that with as quickly as things get updated now-a-days my guess is we all have about 10 years until the next group of young professionals are saying all these things about us!! (I say this b/c I might be realizing my own obsolescence already--lol)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 3:02:02 PM
Author: TopoDazzle

9.gif

Even better to know that with as quickly as things get updated now-a-days my guess is we all have about 10 years until the next group of young professionals are saying all these things about us!! (I say this b/c I might be realizing my own obsolescence already--lol)
my dad likes to reminisce (spelling) about all that.
He still is amazed by the internet.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
jumping in late
uggs kill me. and i burnt/melted mine while camping. go figs.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, thanks ladies. I''m ok, just scared sh!tless! I had to accelerate up a hill/make a turn and I hydroplaned and almost crashed. There were jaywalkers that I almost wiped out too. Moral of the story: Don''t jaywalk! Also, don''t drive big trucks, lol.

Jcar, thats at least a hardcore way to ruin Uggs!

I am dying for a pair of black Wellies!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I know it''s cooler now to not like Uggs, but in all honesty, in the winter, when I''m freezing my a$$ off, those are my favorite shoes to wear. Keep my feet nice and toasty.

I don''t care if they are uggly. <--ha!
9.gif
20.gif
12.gif
5.gif
3.gif
11.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 3:37:04 PM
I know it''s cooler now to not like Uggs, but in all honesty, in the winter, when I''m freezing my a$$ off, those are my favorite shoes to wear. Keep my feet nice and toasty.

9.gif
20.gif
12.gif
5.gif
3.gif
11.gif
DITTO. I will wear them all damn winter, I don''t care! I''ll wear anything that keeps me warm!

I will not, however... wear them with a mini skirt!
38.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
wellies are fun. i have a pair of hunter green rainboots. i love them. they have saved a couple pair of shoes for me

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
jcar are they original wellies? If so I have a million questions
3.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 3:38:34 PM

Date: 7/15/2009 3:37:04 PM

9.gif
20.gif
12.gif
5.gif
3.gif
11.gif
DITTO. I will wear them all damn winter, I don''t care! I''ll wear anything that keeps me warm!

I will not, however... wear them with a mini skirt!
38.gif
Yup! I hate how they look, but love anything that keeps me warm. I''m saving up for a pair of sheepskin lined Sperrys for this winter. Cute shoes I can wear to work that keep me warm? Hell to the yes!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 3:40:56 PM
jcar are they original wellies? If so I have a million questions
3.gif
no, but they are pretty much what wellies are

rain boots, nice and tall :)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon Ladies.....
29.gif
i so missed the thread this morning, but i had work to do. I had a funeral at 10 Am, this morning, than we headed to the cemetery and the family took forever and i just got back now at 230 PM.....i had half a bottle of water and half a soda....nothing else. Wouldnt have been so bad,
23.gif
if it wasnt 110 outside today, and im standing there in a friggin black suit!
32.gif
23.gif

~ Note, A LOT happened while there. I swear i could go home right now and take a nap

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:39:19 AM
I never read the HP books. FI just made me start watching the movies late last year.

This movie, of all of them, was the most boring. The movie was well done, but boring... if that makes sense. It felt like it was just preparing us for the final movie.

If I had read the books I would have known to expect that. I was a little let down, I admit. It was my least favorite.

Also, the guy sitting next to me REEKED of booze and cigarettes. I had to lean really far away from him in an uncomfortable position through the entire movie and I am SORE today!

Sorry I posted and ran this am. I got a surge of energy and decided to run with it and have been going non stop all day! That''s a bummer about the movie!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 5:58:09 PM
Author: Jessie702
Good Afternoon Ladies.....
29.gif
i so missed the thread this morning, but i had work to do. I had a funeral at 10 Am, this morning, than we headed to the cemetery and the family took forever and i just got back now at 230 PM.....i had half a bottle of water and half a soda....nothing else. Wouldnt have been so bad,
23.gif
if it wasnt 110 outside today, and im standing there in a friggin black suit!
32.gif
23.gif

~ Note, A LOT happened while there. I swear i could go home right now and take a nap

we missed you today! funeral?!
23.gif
who''s funeral? did i miss you mentioning this? i''m sorry! well, i hope you get some much needed rest and food. if you feel like it, we''re here to listen if you need to vent.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:25:56 PM
Date: 7/15/2009 2:17:17 PM
Freke, if you don''t gamble is there anywhere else you could go for a mini-vacation other than Vegas that might either cost less or might at least get you away for a couple days somewhere fun?
+1. Take a mini break somewhere new and explore, and save Vegas for the wedding. Sometimes exploring someplace new is a great way to really focus on being together.
Well we''ve never done the "cheap college student Vegas" thing, and this would be kinda like that. I mean, we''ve stayed in crappy hotels, but that was because the city was at full capacity and that was the only thing that was open.

Anyway, wedding means we''d stay in a suite at Mandalay Bay, fly in, stay for 5 nights (Wednesday-Monday), go for the really expensive seats in the expensive (Cirque, BMG, The Lion King) shows, and expensive restaurants (Aureole, Bouchon, etc).

For this we''d stay at the cheapest room possible at Luxor (I also want to check it out for guests to stay there for the wedding), drive in (16 hour round trip), stay for 3 nights (Monday-Thursday), get student discounts on the cheap seats at cheaper shows (Criss Angel, maybe KA, etc), and cheap restaurants (I want a Nathan''s Hot Dog!).

There are other reasons for going besides we need R&R. I need to look into reception venues further and maybe talk to someone there about a reservation. Also, it''s cheaper to stay there than decent hotels here in NM, because our weather is hot, but not Vegas/Phoenix hot, and even though we''re a poor state--we''re expensive. We also thought about Phoenix, but it''s just as hot as Vegas, with less stuff to do, and Denver, but FI is NOT enthusiastic about CO at all. And he really makes any kind of trip more complicated because he has "location ADHD"--if he doesn''t have something to do all of the time, he makes my life a living hell. Which makes Vegas the perfect location for us to go. Well, besides NYC, or somewhere tropical, because those are WAY out of budget.

So yeah.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
go to vegas! dooo it.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 9:19:40 PM
Author: jcarlylew
go to vegas! dooo it.

+1! i think you should go for it since you can get some R&R and squeeze in some wedding planning at the same time. also, getting a cheap room isn''t that bad either. anytime i''ve gone to Vegas, i''ve only used the rooms to shower, change and sleep anyway. as long as it''s clean and near the strip, you''re good to go. go have fun you two!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results