shape
carat
color
clarity

The hunt continues... Modern Cushion Cut

gwhizz

Rough_Rock
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6b/0f/3e/6b0f3eeb1d6903f6c8bffecab1badd12.jpg

So the above link, is pretty much the look I'm trying to match exactly. I know I won't be able to get close to the carat weight. But if possible, I would love to find a diamond that looked like the above. (I know I will be able to find a setting that is very similar.)

I'm waitong on GOG and BRD to get back to me. Will keep you all posted!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The last one you posted will get you that look. The leakage wasn't bad enough to kick it out of bed necessarily.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
BGD's hearts and arrows won't give you that look. Their outline is different, much more square and the hearts and arrows are strong.

gwhizz

Rough_Rock
Hi Gypsy, Is there any other info I shoudl request on the diamond I posted. Perhaps a video?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Video is a good idea.

gwhizz

Rough_Rock
Hey all, this question maybe silly but I appreciate your opinion.

I visited a few jewelers this week, and I asked for an ASET scope to see if I could take a look. Literally none of the ones I went to had one on hand. (I live in San Francisco.) When I mentioned the ASET, they downplayed it quickly saying that it was not reliable... not necessary to make a decision on a diamond. They echoed alot of what some of the online jewelers I have talked to had said.

Sorry if I am beating an old horse to death, but I just want to make sure that I'm not missing out on any potentially great diamonds because the ASET does not seem to be so great. Is it a possibility that these jewelers are using the ASET scope incorrectly, and I should still be asking for a video of the diamond? I know technically what an ASET is supposed to do, I guess I'm just wondering (and surprised) that so many jewelers do not feel that there is a need for it when the customer is purchasing a cushion diamond.

apologize for the naivety ahead of time.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on what the ASET shows when it shows mushy leakage and you can see it in the flat image of the stone (need flat regular pic of stone) image, then it is what it is. It's not going to be a matter of photography. That said ASETs and videos together in conjunction are more helpful than either one alone, and you also need a flat regular image.

It's all information. The more you have the better.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that does look really nice.

Are you in the US or international? I've lost track.

Is ERD still looking for you? Maybe something bigger?

gwhizz

Rough_Rock
yes they are still looking! I also mentioned that I was hoping for something bigger.

----

I am eyeballing this guy. 1.71 ct. 6.89 x 6.86, H VS2

Hopefully, I should be getting ASET & Diamxray for it soon.

Any opinions based upon the image alone?

_23313.jpg

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
gwhizz|1413487395|3768092 said:
yes they are still looking! I also mentioned that I was hoping for something bigger.
----

Hi gwhizz, I just finished my ring with a diamond that looks very similar to the 1.71 ct you just posted. Mine's a bit larger at 2.12 E VS2 but you can see the finished product below. (FYI the ASET image was red throughout the diamond) Hope this helps!

finished_ring3.jpg

gwhizz

Rough_Rock
wow thats looks great, nocruisr. looks like we were looking for a different shaped rock but it definitely looks awesome in taht setting.

any chance i could ask the price and L x W on this guy?

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
gwhizz|1413495540|3768166 said:
wow thats looks great, nocruisr. looks like we were looking for a different shaped rock but it definitely looks awesome in taht setting.

any chance i could ask the price and L x W on this guy?

It should be the same shape (cushion) as the 1.71 stone you posted? The spread on my diamond is 7.49 x 7.49 x 5.08. Price on the diamond alone was ~$23K. I compared this diamond to several 8-mains as well and in each situation, it simply had better brilliance & light performance. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
gwhizz|1413487395|3768092 said:

----

LOTS of potential with that image. Fingers crossed tight for you. It's got a lot of promise.

gwhizz

Rough_Rock
Here's the ASET on this guy.

55273756.jpg

gwhizz

Rough_Rock
Definitely a beaut nocruisr. I wish a diamond like this was in my budget. Any chance you have a face up view of the ring?

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
gwhizz|1413499765|3768219 said:
Definitely a beaut nocruisr. I wish a diamond like this was in my budget. Any chance you have a face up view of the ring?

Here's a face up photo from the vendor, along with the ASET image. I was attracted to the icy-whiteness of the E color along with the overall brilliance, as evidenced in the ASET. Your 1.71 also has very square dimensions so it should face up similarly. Goodluck with the hunt!

face_up.jpg

_23317.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
gwhizz|1413499710|3768217 said:
Here's the ASET on this guy.

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

We have a winner!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let me clarify. Your stone will look nearly identical to this one. Similar faceting and similar outline:
face_up.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not really. Can you get it in person and see what you think of it?

gwhizz

Rough_Rock
i emailed the dealer to see if that is a possibility. do you think the outline is not round enough to get that look?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You will have to decide that in person. You are talking about something the size of a pencil eraser, while staring at HUGELY magnified images.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results